• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction GHB Somsanit questions

OpialiciouslyMe

Bluelighter
I have in my possession a pharmaceutical vial of GHB. Brand is Somsanit. It's made for intravenous use. It's a 10ml vial containing 2.423gr of GHB sodium salt.

I don't IV and also that's a big amount of liquid to IV all at once. I suppose it's for IV infusion rather than standard IV.

I assume I can just drink the liquid, right?

Is the content of the full vial a good dose?. I'm completely new to this substance.
I also will have to take it whilst on opioids as I would get withdrawal symptoms otherwise. This cannot be changed.

At the moment I'm on 20mg of oxy plus 200mg of tapentadol 4 times a day. I can be ok with just one tapentadol tab and the 20mg oxy 4 times a day though.

Will it be safe to drink the vial whilst on opioids? I'm very tolerant to opioids (I've taken heroin, hydromorphone, buprenorphine and fentanyl in the past). That's my main concern.

The leaflet online for this medication says to take it whilst lying down as you'll fall asleep fast within 5 mins. I'm not sure if that refers to an IV infusion only though.
Thanks for any replies.
Would also like to hear any direct experience with Somsanit, the pharmaceutical product.

I have in my possession a pharmaceutical vial of GHB. Brand is Somsanit. It's made for intravenous use. It's a 10ml vial containing 2.423gr of GHB sodium salt.

I don't IV and also that's a big amount of liquid to IV all at once. I suppose it's for IV infusion rather than standard IV.

I assume I can just drink the liquid, right?

Is the content of the full vial a good dose?. I'm completely new to this substance.
I also will have to take it whilst on opioids as I would get withdrawal symptoms otherwise. This cannot be changed.

At the moment I'm on 20mg of oxy plus 200mg of tapentadol 4 times a day. I can be ok with just one tapentadol tab and the 20mg oxy 4 times a day though.

Will it be safe to drink the vial whilst on opioids? I'm very tolerant to opioids (I've taken heroin, hydromorphone, buprenorphine and fentanyl in the past). That's my main concern.

The leaflet online for this medication says to take it whilst lying down as you'll fall asleep fast within 5 mins. I'm not sure if that refers to an IV infusion only though.
Thanks for any replies.
Would also like to hear any direct experience with Somsanit, the pharmaceutical product.
It is dangerous to combine with opis i know that much.
I never knew you could get it in IV form.
I've only ever fucked with GBL and I don't know the dosage comparison but I'm sure someone here will.
Either way i wouldn't take more than 0.5ml-1ml of GBL while on oxy.

You don't have to drink it all at once. Try drinking like 2ml and see how you feel. I'm sure it will kick in pretty fast. Wait 30 mins to an hour and you can always redose. It's not like you can undose if you take too much and this combo can definitely kill you easily.

Thanks for the replies.
I'm not in a hurry to try it so I might even wait for a day where I am left with no opioids and withdrawing, just to minimise any risk. I don't like withdrawal, though. I know that much.
I'm quite happy that it's pharmaceutical stuff so very pure and the whole vial isn't an OD dose anyway. I read someone with narcolepsy would be prescribed to take two of these vials a day.
The vial cannot be closed once open. It's a big ampoule basically. So if I break its neck I'll have to drink it immediately.

So if I break its neck I'll have to drink it immediately.
Well, not if you draw it up and transfer some into another airtight container/vial. Or get say 2 x 5ml syringes and draw 5ml into each, consume one, cap the other and store in the fridge. Or even 5 x 2ml syringes. Etc

I'm very curious as to what the rush of shooting GHB IV is like 🤔
@negrogesic have you done it?

No I haven't. I would imagine it has a very strong rush since GHB can have a strong rush when taken orally.

I didn't even know there were pharmaceutical preparations of GHB for intravenous use. The only use I can think of is as an intravenous adjuvant for generally anesthesia. Yet administering GHB sounds like an awful idea during general anesthesia give the unpredictable nature of the drug, increased respiratory depression, proconvulsant effects and chance for interactions. It also has stimulating properties via the GHB receptor. Seems like a bad idea.

orally its seems like an high end dosage, I would notice 1.5.

As you are on Opiod's extreme caution is order if you decide don't stack the peak's!

What a safe dose is? Half a vial will be a superlight dose for a seasoned user without current tolerance. But with strong Opi's in the mix who will know? Start low for sake of harm reduction so half a vial, 1.1 gram. Probably you preferred dose is more like 1.5 or 1.75. But hard to say from my point of view.

I would imagine it has a very strong rush since GHB can have a strong rush when taken orally.
Same. Bet it rocks you on a similar level to IV K. I definitely wouldn't be drinking that shit - but then again i am a needle fiend.

Well, not if you draw it up and transfer some into another airtight container/vial. Or get say 2 x 5ml syringes and draw 5ml into each, consume one, cap the other and store in the fridge. Or even 5 x 2ml syringes. Etc
That's true but it's too much hassle. I also can't put syringes in the fridge with my partner around. My partner has no idea I use drugs.
I do wanna do things safely and I'm well aware of the risks when opioids are in the mix. I'll probably try the vial when I'm withdrawing so I don't need to worry about any interactions. The GHB might help me sleep through a bad day of withdrawal!
I love trying new stuff but I wanna be super safe. I try to always take pharmaceutical stuff when possible.

If you were to IV this vial it's way too much liquid. 10ml of liquid is a lot. I suspect it's used in infusion or they draw up a dose and discard the rest of the vial.

No I haven't. I would imagine it has a very strong rush since GHB can have a strong rush when taken orally.

I didn't even know there were pharmaceutical preparations of GHB for intravenous use. The only use I can think of is as an intravenous adjuvant for generally anesthesia. Yet administering GHB sounds like an awful idea during general anesthesia give the unpredictable nature of the drug, increased respiratory depression, proconvulsant effects and chance for interactions. It also has stimulating properties via the GHB receptor. Seems like a bad idea.

Reading here it looks like it's used intravenously for anesthesia. It's probably not available on prescription for the general public in that formulation.

That's true but it's too much hassle. I also can't put syringes in the fridge with my partner around. My partner has no idea I use drugs.
I do wanna do things safely and I'm well aware of the risks when opioids are in the mix. I'll probably try the vial when I'm withdrawing so I don't need to worry about any interactions. The GHB might help me sleep through a bad day of withdrawal!
I love trying new stuff but I wanna be super safe. I try to always take pharmaceutical stuff when possible.

If you were to IV this vial it's way too much liquid. 10ml of liquid is a lot. I suspect it's used in infusion or they draw up a dose and discard the rest of the vial.

Reading here it looks like it's used intravenously for anesthesia. It's probably not available on prescription for the general public in that formulation.

Yeah i can't imagine a good reason to use it, don't think its used in the United States in any perioperative situation, must be a european thing. It is certainly not powerful enough to use alone (the amounts needed would cause a seizure).

I have certainly taken enough GHB when i start going number. I remember once my face felt so number that I felt like i could have a tooth removed and not feel it. That was a scary time, i was drooling and was worried i was overdosed. I told my girlfriend to wake up and watch me so i didnt fall asleep. 5 minutes later i hear her snoring 😒

Yeah i can't imagine a good reason to use it, don't think its used in the United States in any perioperative situation, must be a european thing. It is certainly not powerful enough to use alone (the amounts needed would cause a seizure).

I have certainly taken enough GHB when i start going number. I remember once my face felt so number that I felt like i could have a tooth removed and not feel it. That was a scary time, i was drooling and was worried i was overdosed. I told my girlfriend to wake up and watch me so i didnt fall asleep. 5 minutes later i hear her snoring 😒

Lol @ your gf falling asleep. Luckily you didn't suffer any bad consequences.

I read it's used in obstetrics it seems.

The vial is German so they must use it over there intravenously in hospitals then.

Since you have a lot of experience with it... Does it need to be diluted with water or could I hypothetically drink the IV solution as it is?

Does it need to be diluted with water or could I hypothetically drink the IV solution as it is?
You probably could but i bet it would taste pretty bad. Dilute it into a pint or half pint with some fruit juice or something and neck it. Or neck half n see how you feel. Avoid alcohol while on it.

You probably could but i bet it would taste pretty bad. Dilute it into a pint or half pint with some fruit juice or something and neck it. Or neck half n see how you feel. Avoid alcohol while on it.
Thanks.
I wouldn't drink alcohol. I'm not big on alcohol anyway. I drink once in a blue moon and when I do I limit the opioids and don't add more depressants.
No risk of me mixing this GHB with alcohol.

If it's GHB sodium it just tastes like really concentrated salt water. GBL tastes really bad but GHB tastes like salt.

If it's GHB sodium it just tastes like really concentrated salt water. GBL tastes really bad but GHB tastes like salt.
Yes, it's the sodium salt and I've heard it tastes very salty. That's why I asked if maybe it needed to be diluted.

Thanks for the info so far. I will wait for the right moment to sample it.

GBL tastes really bad
I actually grew almost fond of it after a while. In a bittersweet way. Like the taste of the k drip or sublingual triazolos like xanax/f-lam/c-lam...
I used to squirt a dose neat in my mouth then chase it with something else. Not recommended because it can really burn you if you dont chase quick enough, way more sensible to just dilute the stuff lol.

Yes i know, I'm fucked.

sodium oxybate, they make a shitload of money off that stuff, the stuff ist pricey. over *snip* for a gram of Na-GHB.

i find gbl and bdo both better tasting than ghb. that bitter, soapy taste is vile, but it smells good.

Last edited by a moderator:
sodium oxybate, they make a shitload of money off that stuff, the stuff ist pricey. over *snip* for a gram of Na-GHB.

i find gbl and bdo both better tasting than ghb. that bitter, soapy taste is vile, but it smells good.
Was ok to try it once. I don't plan on consuming it regularly and I wouldn't probably buy it again. I just wanted to try some for once.
Also it's pharmaceutical stuff so 100% pure. That justifies paying slightly more I think.
I'm sure if people could choose they would spend a bit more for diamorphine than rely on street heroin and especially in the US where it's being heavily cut with fentanyl.
If I could get my hands on some pharma heroin I'd pay a premium without issues to try it just once.

Last edited by a moderator:
btw, if you buy 99,8% pure gbl by the ton, 1ml of gbl costs around 0,3 euro cent here.