• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Getting Rid Of Mice

• Thread starter TheGayGuyFromSno
  • Start date
I had a serious mice issue too. I got metal live traps. They hold about 10 each. To kill them we just drop the live trap in a water bucket and they drown, dispose the bodies in the trash or bury them. At first we started catching 20 a day now it's one or two :). I also cleaned up the house, sealed any open foods, and looked for mouse holes to plug.
Btw dont get the plastic one get the metal even though theu cost a little more. The plastic one, i caught three mice and they chewed their way out. :(
Hope this helps!

second getting a cat, they are also great companions
and definitely not letting him get fat and complacent
even the scent of cat will keep mice away to some degree
of course preventative measures around keeping food sealed and stuff
as far as traps go IME the most effective are the glue traps
but they are very cruel and quite unpleasant
wouldn't use them at the same time as a cat for obvious reasons

cats are not good companions. I got this cat with a bad attitude. For some time I thought it was in cahoots with the mice.

Depends on the cat, and on how much effort you put into developing a relationship with the cat. Cats are like people in one sense, they will only respect you if you respect them, and some you just won't get along with.

My cats are excellent companions, loving and snuggly... they want to be next to me or on me almost all the time. Of course I raised them to be loving and snuggly by always being that way with them.

Snap traps are good. Quick and efficient. Don't use sticky traps, they are really barbaric.

Save it for the Lounge, or at least put more effort into making it actually amusing. SKL.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can get plug in ultrasonic things that emit a super high pitched noise humans and domestic pets are unnafected by it.
they arent so expensive around 15 quid in the uk.

i know a few people who have had great success with them. basically the high pitched sound is unbearable to them and they wont come anywhere near your property, even for an easy meal.