• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Getting into it. What should I lookout for?

jimdron

Bluelighter
Started using daily, every evening. Of course that won’t go of because of financial and psichic stress reasons, but I could easily see this drug becoming my main staple wherever I’d see opportunity to use.

If you can sort advice from immediate to average-term lookouts.

I have family and kids. That’s probably number one thing I worry about.

Rip your nose apart, destroy your appetite, destroy your sleep patterns. Its very mentally addicting if you enjoy it. I know plenty that have ruined their lives with it. They eventually switch to crack since its cheaper and easier to get.

Of course your money. Depending where you get it from, there is danger there. Here its a felony. Even an 8 ball will give you mandatory time.

Drinking usually goes hand in hand with it to come down. And extra risks to your heart mixing a CNS depressant + a stim.

Outlook = Poor

@TheInvisibleStoner thanks! My thinking is that I am somewhat likely to continue using this drug in spite of long-term consequences. Because they are long-term. But how can I improve my odds by using less harmfully for a while.

Use in moderation would be my only advice. Using any hard drug daily (coke, meth, opiates, alcohol, benzos, etc) will eventually lead to dire consequences. Even if you have all the money in the world, there is still your health, which money cannot fix (aside pay for a better doctor).

Perhaps someone else will come and give advice on how to make sniffing it perhaps cleaner and safer? Probably what you are looking for I would imagine.

How much are you using and via what route of administration?

Around 0.1g 4 times per night (0.4g per 5 hrs). Sniffing powder.

But that’s partying. Will come down significantly or maybe will be breaks of not using at all.

Last edited:
Eat well. Sleep well.

In between bouts of cocaine, of course.

Don't get stuck using only one nostril, but be careful using long term. It's acutely cardiotoxic and of three of my friends who have developed serious psychological issues over the years, one was due to cocaine abuse (the other two, meth). He was pre-disposed but damn did it ever send him off the final cliff in spectacular fashion.

A lot of people talk of some sort of saline solutions up your nose to soothe the tissue once in a while but I never did this back in my heavy snorting days (K, coke, and meth) and my nose came out fine.

You may be surprised to find that you're fucking sick of cocaine in like a year and barely touch it ever after.

Also, I'm not sure this is such a problem in your area but around here, in the last few years, cocaine has been found contaminated with fentanyl much too often. So if that's a concern, test your gear.

Best of.

100% get a testing kit. The most widely seen adulterant added to cocaine is levamisole which is so so toxic. It’s used in veterinary medicine and was banned for use in humans. It will destroy your immune system among other things which is probably not a good thing right now.

If you use at home and have kids obviously you need to make sure they can’t access it accidentally. There was a case recently I think in England where a child died after finding their parents coke. Beyond tragic.

^^^^^

This. All the coke I seen the past years they always called fish scale coke. Shit was nasty and for sure had that fish tank crap in it.

These days you can't trust any powder, unless you have a super connect.

I snorted Cocaine for 10 years, I started on my 18th birthday and quit using when I turned 28, im 34 now. I used it every weekend without fail and sometimes a few days during the week as well. I never had money during them 10 years it hit me very severely financially. 4 years ago I told my doctor about my "10-Year Cocaine Career" and he arranged a full health check on my heart, I had EKGs, EEGs, ECGs, CT Scans with the Dye, I had the works and it all came back normal. He said I've got a very healthy heart for a 30 year old!! I was expecting to have a heart condition and I was shocked when he told me I'm fine!! So go figure lol!

I snorted Cocaine for 10 years, I started on my 18th birthday and quit using when I turned 28, im 34 now. I used it every weekend without fail and sometimes a few days during the week as well. I never had money during them 10 years it hit me very severely financially. 4 years ago I told my doctor about my "10-Year Cocaine Career" and he arranged a full health check on my heart, I had EKGs, EEGs, ECGs, CT Scans with the Dye, I had the works and it all came back normal. He said I've got a very healthy heart for a 30 year old!! I was expecting to have a heart condition and I was shocked when he told me I'm fine!! So go figure lol!
You’re 34, no offence and not to freak you out but don’t count your chickens and your dr should have done up bloods too. I’d like to see how your liver, kidneys and thyroid are working.

Started using daily, every evening. Of course that won’t go of because of financial and psichic stress reasons, but I could easily see this drug becoming my main staple wherever I’d see opportunity to use.

If you can sort advice from immediate to average-term lookouts.

I have family and kids. That’s probably number one thing I worry about.
If you're wanting to consider the cons rather than the pros, just think about the terribly depressing crash it causes and the problems it can cause with your family and loved ones. Plus, too much can lead to a deviated septum. I never really cared for coke, but I've had a septoplasty for a non drug-related reason and the recovery can be a bitch. I used up the whole script of hydrocodone in 1 day. They really don't give you strong enough painkillers to get you through the healing process.

Last edited:
Get a netti pot and rise your nose out after sniffing. Cocaine destroys your nose, especially cut stuff for end users.

It's all fun and games until you no longer have a functioning nose!

But seriously, rinse out your nose.

Being broke, hungry, angry, physically and mentally weak, paranoid errrrr, maybe more.
This is what coke does (along with any other substance that gives "instant" euphoria (like sugar).
Check out the mouse studies... poor things chose to starve to death iirc. I was one of those mouses in a previous life. :)

Neti pot sounds useful, will buy it.

Yes, I know the whole idea of using cocaine regularly is bad. But the fact is that most users do avoid dire consequences like losing family, social status, etc. I think all warnings about risks should account for this fact. And I account for that by asking for near-term consequences and not thinking much about long-term for now.

Besides regular cocaine using along with conducting normal way of life (family, work) is already stressful, so yes I am very aware each moment of this period in my life that I am indeed taking on more risk than any normal person should.

But there are reasons for using. Self-medicating is always part of the reason, I think.

I don't know if you're just using cocaine alone without imbibing in alcohol along with it (which is fairly common), but you should keep in mind that it forms a new substance called "Cocaethylene" in the body. Although it is more euphoric and has a longer duration of action than cocaine, it is also significantly more cardiotoxic than alcohol or cocaine alone. It "increases the chances of immediate death by 18-25 fold."

I would not advise using cocaine on the daily (even with good quality cocaine, I don't see it as a really sustainable habit physically - or potentially financially). If at all possible, I would just try and limit your use to special occasions or maybe just be a weekend warrior (even that is quite taxing on the body/mind).

You have a family and a cocaine habit can be a total home/life wrecker. I have seen it happen and it could take a week, a month, even a few years... but when you stop being able to handle it, your life may suddenly come crashing down around you. At the very least, regular cocaine use may make you less emotionally available for your children/significant other, which is not very fair to them in my opinion.

TLDR: Avoid mixing it with alcohol (or limit your use of alcohol), do not use it everyday or consistently (thus becoming dependent/addicted) and buy testing kits for dangerous/deadly cuts like levamisole/fentanyl. You don't want a cocaine habit.