• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Get to know your neighbo(u)rs from across the pond

I had a lesson two days ago with this woman from the UK. Is it true that you guys have snow-domes there? Like indoor skiing?

That is nuts.

There's a snow dome in Dubai (or in the UAE). Ski in the desert ftw!

WHAT? Snow domes? I dunno. I don't think they're that common here. I mean, I'm in my early thirties and I've been around the country and I've never heard of one. We have dry ski slopes in some places. There's an outdoor one near a motorway in Kent and you can see people risking their lives on the shitty abrasive nylon slopes as you drive past. I think they may have built some ski domes in the 80s but they are probably now infested by charvers and expunged from the Ordnance Survey.

are you really that suprised about an indoor slopes? they have them all over the world

they are especially popular in japan cause thats where they can train for the winter olympics year round and always have perfect conditions plus the general public likes to use it also

and if im not mistaken we have one or 2 in the US..like i said they are especially popular with the winter olympic people cause it jsut gives you ideal conditions year round..you can hit the slopes and not have it be 12degrees outside

I would not put vw or audi and reliable in the same sentence. It is a different world there -to they aren't cars for the american market. What do you guys put on you cars in a year? Maybe 5000 miles? People here thrash their cars and drive alot. Don't see many bmw's with 200k+ miles.

According to the interwebs the average Americunt drives 15000 mi. = 24140.16 km a year. I couldn't find any info on europe but, I'm definitely curious about this one though.5000 seems low to me as depending on where you live you have to drive to work and such.

^ I don't even put 10k on my Jeep a year.

I think they may have built some ski domes in the 80s but they are probably now infested by charvers and expunged from the Ordnance Survey.

I'm guessing charvers are homeless people? Is the Ordnance Survey something like a housing authority?

"Charvers" (or more commonly "chavs") is a term used to refer to working class/underclass people in the UK, and is associated with stereotypes of delinquency, unemployment, sexual promiscuity, stupidity, and sportswear. Obviously, it's hard to explain such a culturally specific concept to someone who is unfamiliar with said culture. I personally think that it is an ugly term that has allowed classism to regain social acceptability, but that's just me. The Ordnance Survey is the organisation that produces maps of the UK. btw, Google is your friend ;)

Yeah, I never knew google was anyone's friend, I always looked at it like an invasive organization that's growing too fast ;)

Really Wiggi you put less than 10K on your jeep a year? I've heard that 12000 a year (~1k a month) is the national average, but I easily put over 30k a year on my vehicles. I do go a lot of places though, and I live in an area that you have to drive pretty far to get anywhere at all. Do you live in a city, or just not really go anywhere?

Some chav fucking sideswiped my car when I was asleep a couple nights ago. I'm pretty pissed off about it. Didn't leave a note or anything. 2 doors and 4 panels to fix - I'm hoping the insurance company just totals my car so I can spend all the money on this 1988 nissan stanza.

Really Wiggi you put less than 10K on your jeep a year? I've heard that 12000 a year (~1k a month) is the national average, but I easily put over 30k a year on my vehicles. I do go a lot of places though, and I live in an area that you have to drive pretty far to get anywhere at all. Do you live in a city, or just not really go anywhere?

Yea I only have 28k on my Jeep that I have had for a little over 3.5 years, so I roughly put 7k a year on my Jeep. I drive about 15 miles to class and/or work each day. A tankful of gas which is 12 gallons, I think, will last me three weeks if I don't drive anywhere but school and work.

I live in the middle of nowhere and I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I walked or used any sort of public transportation, hell, I would have to drive for hours to find the nearest subway or bus system. I live on the outskirts of town, so it's only about 5 miles to downtown for me. Plus I don't use opiates anymore, so I don't have to worry about driving 30 miles to go cop each day, I was having to fill my tank up every week back when I was using. I'm always the designated driver and we normally always take my car anytime we go out anywhere with my friends, but that only happens maybe once a month. Any other time, my girlfriend drives since her parents pay for everything for her.

I would not put vw or audi and reliable in the same sentence. It is a different world there -to they aren't cars for the american market. What do you guys put on you cars in a year? Maybe 5000 miles? People here thrash their cars and drive alot. Don't see many bmw's with 200k+ miles.
The average mileage per year in the UK is 12,000:

Average Annual Car Miles UK

And the car makes you've mentioned are very often (especially in Europe) used as taxis, so huge mileages on them isn't unusual. My first VW was an ancient piece of shit, but my second one (a Corrado) never went wrong in about 5 years. *shrug*

For some reason Americans have to have some type of symbolism to remind them of the past. I mean think about it, we have fucking monuments for pretty much every major event that happened. Do other countries do that?

Well, no, we have a much smaller country with a much longer history, so it'd be kind of crowded if we did.

Lefty, coming in from across a much, much larger pond. What's up, how's the future treating you?

For some reason Americans have to have some type of symbolism to remind them of the past. I mean think about it, we have fucking monuments for pretty much every major event that happened. Do other countries do that?
LOL yes... yes we do. :D

Last edited:
they put commemorative plaques everywhere. if oliver cromwell took a shit somewhere, you'll know via the plaque.