• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Georgia police toss grenade into crib during no-knock drug raid. Toddler in coma.

There were no signs of child activity because these people probably didnt take care of their child.
Nice assumption.
And yes, it appears the family of the child injured had their home burn down in the weeks prior to the event, and were staying with the raided family temporarily.

"We knew in our minds there was no children there, but unfortunately there was." What the fuck does this even mean?

NSFW:

Deputies said they bought drugs from the house, and came back with a no-knock warrant to arrest a man known to have drugs and weapons.

“There was no clothes, no toys, nothing to indicate that there was children present in the home. If there had been then we'd have done something different,” Darby said.

The problem with this logic is that no drug bust is worth using weapons for. Drugs should be legal as a basic human right.
Even once some fuckwad decided that (select) drugs should be illegal, nobody should have EVER taken it this far.
The child is just a symbol of the devastation the drug war has reaped on tens of thousands of families.
Nobody - even an asswipe adult who has sold drugs with kids in the house - deserves to have such a thing happen to them over some chemicals that take away pain or make us happy or energetic or relieved.

You think if they are going to take the time to break down a door and grenade a baby, they might have ascertained if the guy the warrant was for was home?

This just stinks of morons... if I were these clowns I would already be paying for the medical bills and begging forgiveness.. all this for what looks like a petty ass "drug dealer" of the prettiest degree, who by the way was nice enough to take a displaced family in?? .. so they bombed a baby, missed the suspect, and found a fucking pipe??????????

NSFW:

It is compulsory that you recieve the highly coveted assclown award. in little brain speaks.. this means there is no way to stop this and its not a positive thing, it is given to acknowledge (signify (indicate( recognize ( for))) awful behavior and thinking.. you know to prevent you from knowing in your head that you got a good award, when this turns out not to be the case8(

skitched-20090604-173316.jpg

Last edited:
Drug task force that burned a toddler this week also killed an innocent pastor in 2009

After Georgia’s Mountain Judicial Circuit Narcotics Criminal Investigation and Suppression Team burned a toddler with a flashbang grenade during a drug raid on Wednesday, Habersham County Sheriff Joey Terrell told Access North Georgia:

“The person I blame in this whole thing is the person selling the drugs,” Terrell said. “Wanis Thonetheva, that’s the person I blame in all this. They are no better than a domestic terrorist, because they don’t care about families – they didn’t care about the family, the children living in that household – to be selling dope out of it, to be selling methamphetamine out of it. All they care about is making money.

Of course, Terrell’s task force didn’t even know there was a child in the home. So it’s hard to argue they “cared” much either, at least not enough to let the kid’s safety trump the safety of the officers, or the need to get into the home quickly to prevent any evidence from being destroyed so they can preserve their conviction. It’s also a bit much to call Thonetheva a “terrorist” shortly after his own officers have just burned a baby.

But this same task force has a history. In February, I posted about a settlement in the death of Jonathan Ayers, an innocent pastor that this same drug task force killed in a drug operation in 2009.

In September 2009, the young pastor Ayers was ministering to a young woman whom a Georgia drug task force was investigating on drug charges. (She had allegedly sold an undercover officer $50 worth of cocaine.) When task force members saw Ayers alone in the car with the woman, they switched their focus to him. According to Ayers’s lawsuit, the woman was about to be evicted from the motel at which she was staying. Ayers gave her the $23 in his pocket to help cover her rent.

The task force followed Ayers to a convenience store, where he went in to get money from an ATM. When he returned and got into his car they pounced. They pulled up behind him in an unmarked black SUV. Armed agents dressed in street clothes then rushed Ayers’s car. He put his car in reverse and attempted to escape. In the process, he nicked one agent. Another then opened fire, killing him. Ayers told hospital staff was that he thought he was being robbed. His reported last words were, “Who shot me?”

Ayers had no drugs in his car or in his system, and there was no evidence he was using or distributing anything illegal. Still, local law enforcement officials tried to smear him. They first said he was part of their drug investigation all along, then retracted. The woman the police were following initially said in an interview that Ayers was counseling her and helping her kick her drug habit. Later, while facing criminal charges for a separate incident, she changed her story and claimed that Ayers had been paying her for sex.

In the end, Ayers was innocent, and a federal jury awarded his widow a $2 million settlement.

In the burned toddler raid, Terrell told the paper that District Attorney Brian Rickman had already cleared the task force of any wrongdoing. That’s a remarkably fast investigation given that the raid happened less than two days ago. Rickman also cleared the cops in the Ayers case. So did the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Rickman would tell a local paper that the investigations went “to extraordinary lengths,” and, “I do not see how anybody could say the process was unfair based on the lengths that they went to.”

Here’s what happened next:

Ayers left behind a wife, Abigail, who at the time of his death was pregnant with her first child. She filed a lawsuit and hired her own investigator to look into the shooting. What he found is astonishing. As it turns out, Officer Billy Shane Harrison, the cop who shot Ayers, hadn’t taken the series of firearms training classes required for his certification as a police officer. It gets worse. It turns out that Harrison also had received zero training in the use of lethal force.

He wasn’t authorized to make arrests or to carry a gun. Yet somehow he had been given a position on a narcotics task force, a position that not only gave him a gun but put him in volatile, high-stakes situations where he might be tempted to use it. Abigail Ayers’s lawsuit also alleged that Harrison and Officer Chance Oxner, who initially bought the drugs from the woman Ayers was counseling, had a history of disciplinary problems, including use of illicit drugs.

So those “fair” investigations that went to “extraordinary lengths” failed to discover that the cop who shot Ayers not only had prior disciplinary problems, but also he wasn’t even legally authorized to be a cop, much less carry a gun. It was later revealed that Rickman had appointed the head of the task force at the time of the Ayers shooting, and was a close personal friend with the officer (who is now deceased).

So maybe we should take Rickman’s quick assessment of this week’s raid with a grain of salt.

In my post on Ayers, I noted how little professional accountability there had been for the death of Jonathan Ayers. The cop who killed him was fired, but only after it was revealed that he lacked the training. One other law enforcement official was fired for lying about the training. No one was disciplined for the actual killing of Ayers. Rickman, Terrell, and the other sheriff who oversees the task force were all reelected.

Perhaps we shouldn’t be all that surprised that a sheriff who sees drug suspects as “terrorists” also oversees a drug task force that has now killed an innocent pastor and burned a two-year-old child.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-week-also-killed-an-innocent-pastor-in-2009/

The flash bang composition is the portion of the M84 Stun Grenade that causes the loud bang
and bright flash which temporarily deafens and blinds personnel within range. It is composed of
a magnesium-based pyrotechnic powder..
http://www.personal.psu.edu/tjb329/blogs/tyler_james_bringe/Technical Definition and Description.pdf

Flame temperatures of magnesium and magnesium alloys can reach 3,100 °C (3,370 K; 5,610 °F),
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnesium

temerature of the surface of the sun

In the spectral class label, G2 indicates its surface temperature, of approximately 5778 K (5505 °C)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun

Murdered a priest and now burned and disfigured a baby. End the drug war and hold murdering, baby mutilating cops accountable.:!

Last edited:
Drug dealing is better in a residence than on a street corner. I visited my mum recently and met her super friendly neighbor the first day. My mum tells me he is drug dealer and everyone on the street likes him. He has BBQ's for the neighborhood and watches the street with his security cam. Next time some cop tries to say he is a hero to community for busting a drug house just remember drug houses keep dealing off the street. If the pigs didn't spend all their time pulling people over and stealing their drugs i would say do delivery, until the right to drive down the street without going thru checkpoint charlie is enshrined in constitution dealing out of a house is still the best option IMO. And the rap songs lied to you, you probably won't be able to afford a drug house and will likely do it out of your family residence. It's up to you to keep the informants out though.

Nice post ... I hope the Washington post stays on top of this nothing better than seeing a small town police force squeam.

Seriously my old dude lived In a really shit part of bmore and there was like no robberies or violence BC evetome knew him and was cool with him. He sosmt bother anyone and made sure the few blocks he more or less ran were safe by keeping the stickup boys away BC they knew his crew would deal with them. Boils down to him knowing crazy shit jumping off in your hood brings a lot of unwanted Leo attention...

I swear no matter where you go the police are the most corrupt pieces of shit around. Shaking down drug dealers to take their money AMD shit to resell or give to informants. Swat and narc cops think they are untouchable and such badasses. A wet behind the ears marine private has more balls than those sorry excuses of Leo.

This poor kid is going to grow up disfigured and probably be in constant pain all over a nag of white powder or plamt material or whatever.

And the narc who wasn't even really a cop carrying a sidearm? You've got to be fucking kidding me...

... said:
Drug task force that burned a toddler this week also killed an innocent pastor in 2009

Damn, I think I recall reading about that years ago, right here on BL.

And the narc who wasn't even really a cop carrying a sidearm? You've got to be fucking kidding me...

Cutting some seriously big corners in order to maximize the chances of law enforcement legal drug kingpins making some extra cash by stealing it from whoever they bust? You can't get anymore American than that - the rotten parts of its population, that is.

I don't believe that it's gonna be much longer until a majority of Americans have had enough, and demand swift and radical reform towards drug policies, and civil asset forfeiture. Most likely before the next decade, assuming we don't end up destroying ourselves due to World War III, I believe we are headed for decriminalization at a federal level in the US, at the very least. But we'll see...

I read somewhere that the baby was paralyzed as well, likely from the concussion impacting the head and jerking the neck. His eardrums would have been blown out and his eyes were probably burned as well. He may not even be able to eat or talk properly from the explosion burning the inside of his mouth. It seems the injuries are being down played massively. The article says most of the pictures weren't shown because they were too graphic.

They are lucky they did not become 'collateral damage' and survived to live and tell what happened.

No this does not surprise me at all.

Things like this happen all the time around the world.

In the United States now, if they want to they can enter and search your house without a warrant but it has been that way for about 13 years now.

Yes there's a Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution; but they can bypass a lot of it now.

10369122_553007578153865_6884484946720966572_n.jpg

Last edited:
What the holy fuck, how did I miss this article??
I feel like a I can really go off on this one but I'm going to try to keep it short.
How does non violent crime = needlessly hurting a defenseless 9 month old with a flash bang?? What excuse did they try to pull like " he pulled a gun " or some bull shit?? its a baby who is going to be permanently scarred physically and mentally because of this.
Fuck the police.

Worse than scarred. More like quadriplegic and possibly deaf/blind.

Oh my God - poor kid :(

I had no idea it was this bad.

Can't hear anything. Can't see anything. Can't feel anything. Pretty good definition of an innocent baby turned into a vegetable. My God...

Now I'm gonna wait and see what happens to the pigs who did this. Not that I'm expecting much, but one can hope. And I fucking hope against all hope that these fuckers answer for this atrocity (regardless of whether it was or wasn't deliberate) :X

$50 said one of the pigs dared the other lackey to toss it in the crib. Cops really are the lowest of the low from what I've seen of them. Most of them seem to be women beating piece of shit rapist drunks to begin with. They generally fit the profile of your average high school loser bully to a tee. They won't take anyone on in a real scrap but give them a gun, a tazer and some kevlar and they are suddenly big tough guys.

This is one of the main reasons that i fully believe in the right to bear arms as anyone should have the right to protect themselves against a tyrannical police force. I bet recruitment would go down quite abit if these cops knew they had a much better chance of being killed then they do now.

Was a flashbang really necessary? I don't see why they couldn't have raided the house without a flashbang. And why not throw it along the floor so that it doesn't land in people's faces? I'm sure cops enjoy throwing flashbangs, and that's part of the reason why they chose to throw that bomb.

Last edited:
Was a flashbang really necessary? I don't see why they couldn't have raided the house without a flashbang. And why not throw it along the ground so that it doesn't land in people's faces? I'm sure cops enjoy throwing flashbangs, and that's part of the reason why they chose to throw that bomb.

It seems cops always come through flashbangs, busting the door half way across the room, pepper spray, ten-deep guns cocked safety off through a residential neighborhood and their just busting a small-time dealer.

A baby and a pastor die victims of the Great Drug War. Few seem to understand how unnecessary it all is.