• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc GBL urgent help needed

juninho999

Greenlighter
I honestly don't know where to start I'm in such a mess, I've been on off 24/7 addicted to gbl for 4 years, mostly on with the odd month here and there off.

I have got my current habit down to 12 ml per day average (15 on a bad day), I know this cos I record every hit which is carefully measured by a pipette to my phone, night time is the worst where I need to hit more to get some sleep.

I wanted to stop partly as my supply was rapidly running out, but the only thing I could get hold of quickly was phenibut, this worked a treat the first few days but I needed 2 x 2.5g at 12 hour intervals to stave off craving.

After reading the horror stories regarding phenibut on line I decided to try and taper the phenibut to 2 x 1.5 and the horrible anxiety returned, I've been on the Phenibut for 4 straight days and I know tolerance builds pretty fast.

I'm starting to think that maybe I should ditch the Phen go back to gbl and order some baclofen and go down that route again, today out of desperation I even mixed the 2, I'm trying to keep my business going whilst keep this awful secret from my wife, it's a nightmare, tbh honest I think i'm more scared of the phenibut although on the plus side I do get a good nights sleep off the stuff but find that it gives me a pretty bad hangover the day after.

I really need some help here guys I'm at my wits end, I fear my gaba receptors are frazzled and I'm starting to make some irrational decisions.

Medical detox is absolutely not an option, I'd lose my wife my business my house and everything

Any advice greatly appreciated

If you're going to do a GABA B agonist please do use phenibut as GBL is extremely toxic. Use phenibut and baclofen. If you are looking to taper and function fine, take:

1000mg qid for two weeks
750mg qid for two weeks
500qid for two weeks
250qid for two weeks
250mg tid two weeks
250 mg bid two weeks

This is how you SUCCESSFULLY taper from GABA B agonists from phenibut/GHB/ and GBL with NO side effects and withdrawal syndromes :)

You need to live with cravings if you want to taper...otherwise you are just stuck in a viscious cycle. I would just stick to taking 1000mg qid and enjoy life! :) It's a good dose at therapeutic levels! Get it in your blood stream and enjoy the constant effects! Nobody ever does so and knows its TRUE POTENTIAL

thx for the reply

sorry for my ignorance but what is 'qid' & 'tid'

are you saying I should ditch the gbl and continue with the phenibut ?

four times a day and three times a day, respectively.

yes, you should.

GBL itself is not toxic, as these people have stated: (http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/460716-GBL-Toxicity) but per the last post:

gbl is still toxic since it's most likely industrial grade and because of that it contain many impurities and heavy metals that you probably don't want to ingest
so think twice beforce using it, atleast distill it for the sake of harm reduction​

GBL is a solvent and, according to wikipedia, "
is a common solvent and reagent in chemistry as well as being used as a flavouring, as a cleaning solvent, as a superglue remover, and as a solvent in some wet aluminium electrolytic capacitors."

To give a direct quote

I think it depends on what grade of GBL you're buying, presumably one sold as flavor & fragrance grade or cGMP grade would be ideal. High purity grades for synthesis are acceptable too. Chinese mystery GBL labeled "99.9%"? I'd filter that with silica and distill twice...

Yes but my main question is should I continue with the phenibut, I'm now using 2 doses of 2mg spaced 12 hours apart and feel ok with this, much better than when I was using gbl 24/7, at least I've tapered down from 2 x 2.5g doses I suppose.

Obviously I'm worried about becoming addicted to phenibut which if I continue with this regime seems inevitable, however at least I can think straight and do my work plus get a good nights sleep on the phenibut