• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

GBL/ GHB withdrawal HELP

^Soo.... I am guessing you went through withdrawals?

How did it go? After the 1st day things seem much better don't they (unless you have had a seizure, then they don't o_O ).

When people comment they are using 1/2ml doses,

GHB comes in a tub in crystal texture (approx 90 grams per tub) in which i dilute and add water to, i am taking around 3/4 ml (a coca-cola cap) every 2-3 hours! I also found using a perpet is helpful to reduce the doses in which i am taking

A month ago i managed 5 days off substituting for the use of Ketamine and vallium which were helpful to take the edge away, although still feeling very depressed throughout.

I have found when using GHB to sleep i need to take 3 caps (4ml a cap) to send me myself to sleep 'under'. in which i will wake up 3 hours later and need to do the same. So far the best thing i have found for sleeping is Nitrazepam/ or a double dose of vallium 10mg!

The longest i have gone without taking a cap is just under a day and a half.

I made a appointment to see my local doctor in which they were no help at all and passed me a drugs rehabilitation sheet to call in which still nobody has got back to me (this was last week).

Hi All,

New to posting but swim has been through the loops w/GHB/GBL addiction over the last three months. Just some thoughts on what has made noticeable differences in swim coming off a nearly 24/7 habit for a couple of months. Just my two cents; I hope it can help anyone :)

Swiy has decided to quit for some reason, either swiy see the degrading health effects of swiy's choices while using, or are tired of having to be concerned about supply, ...whatever. Swim just stopped wanting to HAVE to have something to function.

For a successful taper, 3 important concepts, plus ancillary:

1 - Figure out swiy's first cues of w/d symptoms. For swim, it was hands shaking, with kind of a building anxiety that if swim didn't do something about it, it could get out of control. Not sure if anxiety fed shakes, or the other way around. BUT, here's your chance to take the MINIMAL AMOUNT (g/gbl) to stop the obvious symptoms. For swim, the hands shaking. Swim did not get overwhelming anxiety (such as w/d from benzos) at the same time, so the dose to prevent shaking was simple to find - Under do it the first time! You can always add more. The hands shaking would be the first obvious symptom maybe 5 hours after waking up from g-induced sleep that morning.

The time between w/d episodes will lengthen, and/or the dose to quell them will decrease. Swim never found this terribly unpleasant; almost the opposite, that such a small amount could help my nervous system so much was a great welcome relief. Better than just getting off for no particular reason. Like getting in a cool pool on a hot day, every time.

2 - Swim has found Phenibut extremely helpful - CAUTION: ONLY TO BE USED AS A TOOL DURING W/D!!! Not maintenance. Swim is not a regular user, so 1-2g would stave-off the hand shaking, granted much more slowly than liquid itself, but swim never remembers it getting worse before it got better. Remember how much swiy took and when. THE GOAL IS TO CONTINUALLY LENGTHEN TIME BETWEEN DOSES and REDUCE DOSE QUANTITY. (Yes, swim is sure it doesn't need to be yelled, but it's really SO easy to do but ignored by so many). Probably the take home message is "only use as necessary". Swim has not felt GHB/GBL withdrawal to be horribly severe when conscientiously managed - almost on the contrary, it's nice to have a clear head again.

3 - DO NOT consume caffeinated beverages during the taper. You'll just end up using more g to quell this anxiety, defeating the purpose. Swim totally understands the necessity of of a cuppa in the morning, but really, try to keep it to a bare minimum. ANY OTHER WAY you can take care of your self better: less smoking, better diet, less sugar, etc, will drastically affect swiy's positive attitude during this time. SWIM took up raw foods, gave up caffeine, stopped drinking, worked harder...kept swim's mind off the process. This #3 is not a requirement (none of it is, of course), but it's impressive how small changes from one's daily habits can make on one's sense of self worth.

Ah, the process. How long? I am guesstimating about a week, maybe only 3-5 days. Regarding sleep, swim found himself naturally drifting off about midnight anyway, and would use 1 sleep dose for the night (instead of two) as late into the night as possible - hopefully so the sun was just rising upon waking. If you can get Ambien CR or other, swim has found it useful on occasion. Must be taken on an empty stomach, and don't expect the familiar knockout-punch. It'll take an hour. And even if swiy can get to using only for sleep (swim used primarily because of severe insomnia), swiy is way better off - not preaching, just seen both sides, and swim was totally deluded as to what swim could manage, and what was really happening. They weren't even part of the same game.

TRULY - it's not that long, and it's not that painful. It's NOT like opiate w/d (been through, perhaps worst 8 days of swim's life). It can be managed. If swiy can stay away from the caffeine after you think swiy is done with the process, this seems to help immensely with crazy anxiety bouts until the GABA system is naturally rebalanced. SWIM read on BL that Valerian root capsules can help as a GABA system tonic. They are cheap, smell bad, effective for sleep enhancement. Swim would take 2x the recommended does on the bottle an hour before bed - those doses are more nutritional than therapeutic. Any other ways, and swiy will know best, how to take care of swiy's health, it's easy to get caught up in the possibility of success, which will lead to greater success.

Cheers - Here's to it.

^The use of SWIM (my monkey, neighbors fish, etc.) is forbidden on Bluelight. SWIM realistically offers no protection from self incrimination. Please avoid using it.

Otherwise, notthatguy, your post contained excellent suggestions. Thank you for contributing and offering your insight. :) <3

I'd recommend people avoid excessive alcohol during GBL/GHB WD. During my GBL WD I tried to drink my symptoms away, which led to some very strange side effects. It curbed some of the anxiety, but I developed an extreme case of double vision every time I drank during the WD period. I never get double vision from drinking normally, and wasn't drinking huge amounts at the time. It was very unpleasant and disconcerting. I'd be curious to know if anyone else has experienced this.

I have been to see a drug worker in which they finally got back to me from the right department and they have submitted my case to a specialized GP who deals in 'club drug use' as normal GPs dont have a clue what the dabber your talking about. I have a appointment tomorrow (Friday) where he will see me and i have been told he will start a detox/program on Monday..

I will post how it goes and what he has to say!

I have been using gbl 24/7 for 2 years without breaks. I was dosing with 1.5 hour intervals, doses were 1.5-1.7 usually and 2.0 for sleep.

I have managed to taper my daily doses to 0.3 ml and nightly doses 1.7ml. Last 3 days i have taken 1mg clonazepam when needed. I have been taking 200mg quetiapine for sleep too. I wake 1 or two times a night, take a dose and sleep to the morning.

I am on a vacation now and this is proper time to end this shit. I am feeling qute well, yes, i`m nervous, bored and don`t have any energy, but i can manage it

When its safe to jump off? Quit the gbl now, increase benzo doses, when needed and fight trough the withdrawals or should i get my gbl doses to absolute minimum before increasing benzos.
Or maybe it`s the better idea to start making bigger breaks between doses.

I have 50mg clonazepam, 30 midazolams and 30 x200mg quetiapines

Last edited:
I have been using gbl 24/7 for 2 years without breaks. I was dosing with 1.5 hour intervals, doses were 1.5-1.7 usually and 2.0 for sleep.

I have managed to taper my daily doses to 0.3 ml and nightly doses 1.7ml. Last 3 days i have taken 1mg clonazepam when needed. I have been taking 200mg quetiapine for sleep too. I wake 1 or two times a night, take a dose and sleep to the morning.

I am on a vacation now and this is proper time to end this shit. I am feeling qute well, yes, i`m nervous, bored and don`t have any energy, but i can manage it

When its safe to jump off? Quit the gbl now, increase benzo doses, when needed and fight trough the withdrawals or should i get my gbl doses to absolute minimum before increasing benzos.

I have 50mg clonazepam, 30 midazolams and 30 x200mg quetiapines

Be very careful to not use GBL and benzos together. Benzos are a godsend for the WD, so try to taper your GBL use as fast as you can. I don't know about going cold turkey after having used for 2 years like you have (cold turkey can be done with a benzo with some months of use, not sure about 2 years tough). However, be fast in your taper and up the dose of benzos when it gets very uncomfortable. You can use benzos for about 2-3 weeks at a high dose (e.g. 4mgs clonazepam) without becoming physically addicted and the WD of GBL lasts for about a week (but again, this is from only months of use, not 2 years).

Whatever you do, do not use both substances together for too long and wean yourself off the GBL as fast as you can. Lastly, do not use quetiapine as it lowers the seizure threshold (unless you are using it for a legitimate reason as it is intended). Clonazepam is a godsend for helping the seizure threshold but you will be prone to seizures when withdrawing from such a long use of GBL.

Bear in mind that this is just my opinion (from experience).

Keep us posted, the WD from GBL doesn't last very long.

I take quetiapine for legitimate reasons and it helps me to sleep. I try to get my gbl dose to 0.1ml in 2 days, then go off gbl and increase clonazepam when needed. Midazolam for sleep. I hope to get over the worst in a week.

Went out drinking last night. Woke up in the morning, but did`nt take my usual dose, i took 2mg of clonazepam. I took another 2mg on 18.30. Withdrawal is very mild at the moment. Will see, how the night goes. I try to get some sleep without gbl. Take my usual quetiapine dose and maye some midazolam.

Good stuff man, you will find the clonazepam to be very helpful for this. Do not be afraid to bump it up if it gets too uncomfortable (just bear in mind that yo can only be on it for 2-3 weeks).

If you stick to quitting GBL, you will find it can be done fairly fast.

Got about 6 hours of sleep with midazolam and quetiapine, then two hours of tossing and turning. Woke up and took 1mg of clonazepam. Withdrawal symptoms are virtually non-exsistant atm. Tne worst symptoms are boredon and lack of energy.

Its very warm and sunny today, so i`m hitting the beach.

Last edited:
Third day without any gbl and almost no symptoms of withdrawal. I took 4mg clonazepam yesterday, 2mg on the morning and 2mg on the evening. I slept about 6-7hours with midazolam and quetiapine.

How long shoud i take benzos, a week? Or should i start to reduce doses of clonazepam and midazolam now? Clonazepam is taking care of withdrawals very well atm, i get almost no symptoms, only the sleep isn`t completely normal yet, i can sleep properly only with midazolam and quetiapine.
(i had problems with insomnia long before i got into this gbl madness.)

Day 5, no symptoms apart extreme boredom and sleepynes, energy levels are also quite low, but my mind is clean. I took 1mg of clonazepam in the morning and i dont even know, if i need second dose today.
No real anxiety to speak of.

Did some MXE yesterday, luckily it did`nt fcuk with my withdrawal, was fun.

Im curious if one dose of GBL sends me to back to withdrawals? I`m not going to do it, but i would like to know. (most of magic is gone anyway, so why bother))

Last edited:
Day six, had nice 8 hours of sleep with the help of my usual quetiapine and added midazolam (i don`t even know, if midazolam was necessery). I have taken 1mg of clonazepam, just in case. Everything is getting better than i originally expected.

I have some gbl lying around, but i have no crawings, going to get rid of it later. Because i fear the crawings may come, if depression sets in.

Sorry for the slightly off topic question, but I didn't want to create a new thread. Can one inject GBL in fish oil capsules? Would it melt through it?

I think, that my withdrawal is over. Took 100mg quetiapine (instead of usual 200) last night and slept like a babie. Anxiety levels are low and i don`t feel overly tired.

GBL is being banned here within a month, so the availability goes down, and it`s easyer to stay clean.

To others, who are battling they`r GBL/GHB addiction - DO NOT go cold turkery. Taper! Try to get your doses as small as possible and then jump of with the help of occasional benzo or alchohol.

EDIT:i starting to feel cravings now.

Can i ever take GBL (going out, taking 2-3 doses) again or its the straight way to the withdrawals from there?

Last edited:
I used to use GHB, GBL & 1, 4 BDO at 3ml\3g every 2-4 hours (as the WD demanded) for months at a time. Personally 2-3+ grams \ 4-6 hours of neurontin were easy to get from GPs \ PAs and was a godsend for the withdrawal. You still feel fatigued and emotionally shitty but it takes care of panic, racing heart ect. Helped alot for the social anxiety in the 'post-acute' phase, too. (Never take the two together)

I learned too late that the non-linear dose response stuff is crap - for me. Later on I was able to use G recreationally, therapeutically at 1g for quite some time with minimal withdrawal.