• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

GBL/ GHB withdrawal HELP

Nice! Switching to phenibut from GBL is a great plan. If you can get it, gabapentin or (better yet) baclofen would also be a good way to help yourself step down off the GBL. Do you have a doctor you could work with on this? Please be aware that you should try and taper off phenibut to avoid any issues with withdrawal. Phenibut should be a lot easier to taper than GBL, although again something like baclofen would work better.

Pregabalin, gapabentin and blacofen are you best choices (in that order IMO) for G withdrawal. Then benzos, preferably long acting ones like diazepam, clonazepam and bromazepam. But for the first three listed to be warranted one's addiction must be really severe IMO. If you're say, on a 1 or 2 month 24/7 binge (6 to 10 doses per day) you can get away with just a gradual taper (-1 dose per day) and benzos for the week subsequent to the last dose. Heck you can get away with a hell a lot in my experience. Took me a full year of Gbl round the clock use to feel withdrawals. And not because I tried to quit, but because I started getting inter-dose wd's which really were a wake up call for me. But even then, I was able to taper as I mentionned, and with some good old clonazepam was able to avoid the bulk of the wd's. I guess the moral of this story is don't understimate the resiliance of the human body. And have common sense, know yourself. If you are hearing voices or start convulsing only 4 hours into the withdrawal the YES you need to be under medical supervision. But a little confusion and anxiety you can take ! You are stronger than you think.

I'm under the impression benzo dependency is worse than GHB? Is it really smart to use benzos to stop GHB use, unless you don't find benzos addictive?

What would you use to taper if not benzos, something like phenobarbital? Certain benzos seem preferable to that, but I guess I'm just interested in hearing more about what you've heard about it.

I can't imagine a GHB taper to be impossible. But I might just be misinformed.

GHB abuse isn't a commonly treated thing in the rehab industry from what I've read.

Yes, that is my understanding. Certainly with that prescription version of GHB they could do a taper, I just don't see many doctors will to do this on an outpatient basis. Fickle creatures.

Then again, don't benzos commonly used to treat alcohol withdrawal like diazepam have significantly longer half lives than GHB?

Daily but not 24/7 dosing, WD symptoms

Hi there

SWIM has been dosing average 3-4 ml GBL total daily, spread out in about 1 ml doses about every hour for a three-four stretch of recreation. Usually stopping by 4 or 5 pm so as to not disturb sleep with dopamine rebound later in evening. This has been a daily habit for about two weeks, and a nearly ever day for another three weeks prior. SWIM has no trouble sleeping, gets about seven-eight hours nightly. SWIM also takes 150 mg Wellbutrin and a magnesium/calcium/zinc supplement daily as they are a Borderline with anxiety and depressive disorders.

Has had tachychardia (100-120 at worst) in the mornings, and this morning had a full blown panic attack with tremors up and down body for the first time. Was difficult for SWIM to differentiate between anxiety attack symptoms and the shakes being physical withdrawal. Raced home and SWIM dosed .5 ml and shakes stopped in five minutes.

SWIM has history with gabaergic substances, having withdrawn off a daily dose of 3600 mg of Gabapentin last year. Withdrawal process took eight months and was pure hell, but taper was gradual enough to prevent psychosis or seizures. Wondering if the relatively recent transition has left SWIM sensitive to gaba-b trouble.

SWIM's understanding up til now was, with GBL's very short half life, if undisturbed sleep without redosing was possible that they'd be dodging the worst of WD potential. Space between doses was up to 24 hours no problem these last few week. SWIM's conviction is now shaken and deeply fears the potential for seizures.

SWIM has read about Baclofen and is familiar with tapering. Does the science support the possibility of WD symptoms with the relatively low dosages/timing listed or is SWIM more likely experiencing heightened anxiety from pre-existing anxiety disorder and simply not having a GBL cushion?

SWIM's last dose (.5 ml) was nearly four hours ago, is waiting to see what the next few hours and evening bring. Have appointment with Psychiatrist tomorrow to discuss, is not keen on an in-patient detox but will pursue if necessary.

hello there,

i am wd'ing from 24/7 5month+ heavy gbl use, 15-20ml/day, but i also used 20-40ml/day. i plan to taper to 2-3ml/day then hop on phenibut. now, the question is, how much phenibut should i use? i only have 250mgx20 :D

anyways, do you have any idea when and how much phenibut i should use?

ive heard you should take it at certain times and in certain doses although ive always read of grams and i certainly *dont* have "grams". i have 5g (250x20). how long will that last me and is that even any help?

thank you in advance! %)

Please help.

I have been using G for a few years now. It started with recreational use only (weekends or parties). Then last year i had a taste of its sleeping aid side then fell for the evil thing. Last year around June I had a 15 days of g (only at nights) and when I finally came to senses, I couldnt sleep. I didnt know if it were the horror stories i read online or was i really addicted. Nothing appeared besides insomnia. I went to the doctor after 3 sleepless nights and he gave me 5mg of valium then i slept like a baby.

I stayed away from G for a time being. But last week i lost it and did 24/7 for almost 8 days (around 15ml/day to 20ml/day). I threw away all my stock on sunday cause I decided to get myself back. On sunday night i took 0.25mg of xanax and 5mg of zolpidem but only had 2 hours of sleep. Then i woke up took 7.5mg of zopiclone for another 2.5 hours of sleep then 3.75mg for another 2 hrs of sleep. Then last night I took 5mg of valium but didnt find myself sleeping after a few attempts. Then I took 3.75mg of zopiclone for about 3 hrs sleep.

Guys please help me and enlighten me if I am somehow addidcted? is it all natural or just in my head? I had experience with anxiety disorder about sleeping before so it could be the mentality is doing this to me?

Your responses are much valued! thanks.

For more information, i have been monitoring my heartbeat with applewatch (its not accurate I know) but my heart rate is somewhat around the same level as normal (lower after i took valium). other than that, I seem to only have insomnia one problem but its killing me coz of my previous anxiety disorder.

I haven't been addicted to gbl, which hits slightly different gaba receptors to benzos, which I have been addicted to, but if its anything similar your receptors take a long time, like months, to heal. During which time sleeplessness and anxiety are the norm. Luckily you haven't used for too long so it shouldnt be too bad but cross addicting to benzos won't help.

Sleep has been a massive issue for me since I was a young child and one thing that's helped me is knowing I can get through a day with very little or no sleep, and its usually not as bad as I expect while I'm lying awake. It takes the power and anxietyI out of the ibso

Argh fuck I'm on my phone and pressed post reply by accident instead of delete

I can't edit posts on my phone, that should read, "it takes the power out of the insomnia"

Please get help. Ultimately I couldn't cope with the fallout of benzo and alcohol cessation without resorting to heroin and that went really badly for me