• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

"gateway" drug

Good question. Psychedelics are something else.. and as long as you don't have schitz you'll be fine if you treat it responsibly.
More mindless, self indulging drugs are more based around self control.. Be careful with those..

Then again, if your completely content with just pot and a bit of booze here and there, I would have to say i envy you.
Maybe you shouldn't listen to my advice ;)

Of course cannabis is a gateway drug. This phrase being the classic negative connotation is assuming drugs in general are negative.

Opening your mind to psycedelics, or opiate meditation, is far different than "the kinds of stoner" scene from 'Half Baked' graduating from your guy to pusherman. my 02

I think you'd havr a hard time finding someone who blows sess for upwards of a couple years who hasnr tried other things.

Trying to take a half O to the dome in a sitting is probably a lot heaver than some lines of coke or a hit of blotter.

The bud v alcohol stance is really only applicable to those with a tolerance and a ritual. Take a substance naive perso, and they will recover a lot faster from a fifth of vodka, than an 8th of herb, assuming they don't stop breathing.

I would assume they would not stop breathing. Killing yourself with drink is no easy task.

Of course cannabis is a gateway drug. This phrase being the classic negative connotation is assuming drugs in general are negative.

Opening your mind to psycedelics, or opiate meditation, is far different than "the kinds of stoner" scene from 'Half Baked' graduating from your guy to pusherman. my 02

I think you'd havr a hard time finding someone who blows sess for upwards of a couple years who hasnr tried other things.

Trying to take a half O to the dome in a sitting is probably a lot heaver than some lines of coke or a hit of blotter.

The bud v alcohol stance is really only applicable to those with a tolerance and a ritual. Take a substance naive perso, and they will recover a lot faster from a fifth of vodka, than an 8th of herb, assuming they don't stop breathing.

Again, if weed plays that role it's only because it's illegal and opens people up to the possibility of finding other illegal substances and if weed was legal and alcohol illegal booze would serve the same function.

Also, how would one recover more easily from a fifth of vodka than an 8th of weed??

It's the other way around dude.

If I drink that much Vodka I'm having a HELL of a hangover and I'm not going to have any hangover from smoking an 8th of weed.

Last edited:
I think mental or physical health conditions are by far the most fearsome gateway drug. if the gateway corp created a drug I guess that would also be a gateway drug.