• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Gasoline) - Inexperienced - Inhalants are dangerous. Do not use this chemical.

Loved it! Every word built up to the next with an increasing interest. Gasoline, isn't really something I would even want to experiment with, even though I consider myself quite adventurous. Thanks for the read.

Cheers

Have patience with the erowid process, they are very overloaded with reports to review so even if you do get it published it might take months and months and months before you can find it.

Great report! I volunteer for Erowid, and because there are so few quality inhalant reports out there, I triaged it for you. That puts it in the current campaign, which means that another triager will probably get to it soon, which just leaves it to be reviewed and posted on Erowid. The high grade I gave it will get the attention of a reviewer faster than the many mediocre reports, so you may not have to be as patient ektamine suggests. :)

I just hope Spoon isn't mad at me for skipping the queue, haha!

I've had a morbid fascination with gasoline and other inhalant reports... partly because it's something I'd never do myself, and partly because some of the descriptions are so crazy and unlike anything else! Same goes with deleriants...

[Oh, and it's report no. 91070 for any Erowid volunteers on BL who might be interested in finding it there.]

hey,nice report,good to see ure still well:) i did similar around your age (9-10), but we started with lighter gas. used to bring a bottle with gasoline in to school i made holes in to sniff from, cuold last for hours just with like a desiliter. i stopped gasoline after one time waking up passed out in side of road not remembering anything (from the whole day..only knew as i had the bottle near me,still lucky noone found me or id prolly be sent off for good to some institution like friends were -.-) with horrible headache and breath smelling gasoline.. still to this day the smell of gasoline makes me nauseus now, and I used to love the smell. we were told at school that 1 of 3 ppl doing it will die of heartstop or something, we were like 10 ppl doing it together never any problem,thinking rest of what they said musta been BS aswell :p
nice high and amazing funny hallucinations except for short duration of each sniff,crazy stuff.. many funny memories on it, just too riscy to keep doing i guess:d heard someone nearby died after sniffing lightergas as they had it stuck at blowing out while lying in theire bed trying to relax while sniffing and passed out choking not breathing air inbetween:x
anyone know of somewhere with potential sideeffects documented? wondering if it had a permanent effect on me somehow...
also- me and others were ALWAYS hallucinating some sounds,did you hear that? we heard like a chopper/helicopter sound in the distance, and like metal clanging down on a metal anvil every sec or so.. some metal clanging sound. always got it after sniffing a while.did you? nice cheap high,im still very curious about possible sideeffects:S would much prefer this over many other drugs,but guess its a bad idea if its so dangerous... havent tried it since back then and prolly wont either..

Very enjoyable read, I had no idea that sniffing gasoline produced any effects such as things. You write very well, I imagined lying that with yourself and your friend and waking up form a trip, ha!

Glad it never caused you any real harm (that you know of).

Bishop

I am a daily user of gasoline and it has yet to impact my life negatively.
I am quite concerned on the effects my use has on the environment, but its done wonders for my transportation.
Also I use gasoline in order to assist me with yard work like mowing my lawn.
Everyone should use gasoline.

Nice tr, kept me interested the whole time.

I to use to huff dangerous fumes at a young age mostly freon. I eventually became aware that I was lucky to be alive and stopped, esspecially after I seen multiple people hit the ground.

I do not recommend inhalants like gas or freon. Imo do some salvia instead, its quick, safe, dissociative effects similiar to some inhalants which is what I was after as a kid and of course visuals, very easily to obtain aswel. Would just like to say this so some kid doesnt come across bl "oh im gonna get me some inhalants they fuck you up."

Take it easy everyone be safe.

Last edited:
I can't believe I have to say this twice in one day:

DON'T INHALE HOUSEHOLD SOLVENTS AND CHEMICALS TO GET LOADED.

These threads have little-nil harm reduction value and if I was a gambler (and I most certainly am), I'd bet their days are numbered.

This was excellent! I was expecting something completely different than what this report actually was, thanks and well done!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your experience with gas, and I look forward to further reports. Your writing is very easy to read.
I pumped gas in a family garage as a young teen and much as I still love the scent of gasoline it doesn't seem to hold the same sweetness that the old leaded 93 octane had. I never did intentionally sniff the fumes, but I once made a short trip to your dreamyland, after sampling one hit of thai bud dipped in opium, a customer drove up after I had imbided & as I was the "kid" it became my task to help the guy out. He wanted $5 of gas, which should have taken a very short time, but for some reason I got too close to the hose & inadvertantly became entrapped for a moment. When I snapped out of it what seemed like a second or two later (it seemed to me) I had inadvertantly pumped more than 3 times the amount the customer had requested. With a stupid grin on my face I informed the driver that I had accidentally placed $18.00 gas in his tank & that was @$1.37/gal. Well turned out the guy didn't mind a bit, of course he wasn't gonna pay for it though either. Fortunately for me with all the other stoners working there my escapades must have seemed minor. I hadn't really connected that particular "time lapse" to anything but that first & only toke I had taken, but upon reading your post here I had never put the gas at fault (or given it the credit it deserved).
I do think you give too little credit to your bad experience, that type thing may not be a turning point to everyone, good on you for taking heed, as I have whenever reality smacks one upside the head & causes one to find a new way to achieve an old problem.

These threads have little-nil harm reduction value and if I was a gambler (and I most certainly am), I'd bet their days are numbered.

Well, if their days are numbered here, we gotta find somewhere else to publish these threads, since there are still many kids out there who don't know how dangerous gasoline inhalation can be. As for everyone else who have never inhaled gasoline, most of the information they have at their disposal are rumours at best. I've heard so many times before that you go brain-dead when you inhale gasoline and that's simply false. They used to say this about LSD and THC as well, remember? It's important indeed to publish the information that gas inhalation is pretty dangerous. However, let's not just do it only from the narrow point of view of someone who is against using inhalants as a drug without having ever tried it. Let's instead do it from the point of view of a pro-drugs individual, who has tried it and other drugs as well and can compare. That's what I tried to do with this report. The fact that a substance is dangerous for your health won't stop people from taking it - look at cigarettes and alcohol. So let's not be naive here, I mean other kids will try it, therefore we should keep publishing reports like this one to inform them a bit more thoroughly.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your experience with gas, and I look forward to further reports. Your writing is very easy to read.
I pumped gas in a family garage as a young teen and much as I still love the scent of gasoline it doesn't seem to hold the same sweetness that the old leaded 93 octane had. I never did intentionally sniff the fumes, but I once made a short trip to your dreamyland, after sampling one hit of thai bud dipped in opium, a customer drove up after I had imbided & as I was the "kid" it became my task to help the guy out. He wanted $5 of gas, which should have taken a very short time, but for some reason I got too close to the hose & inadvertantly became entrapped for a moment. When I snapped out of it what seemed like a second or two later (it seemed to me) I had inadvertantly pumped more than 3 times the amount the customer had requested. With a stupid grin on my face I informed the driver that I had accidentally placed $18.00 gas in his tank & that was @$1.37/gal. Well turned out the guy didn't mind a bit, of course he wasn't gonna pay for it though either. Fortunately for me with all the other stoners working there my escapades must have seemed minor. I hadn't really connected that particular "time lapse" to anything but that first & only toke I had taken, but upon reading your post here I had never put the gas at fault (or given it the credit it deserved).
I do think you give too little credit to your bad experience, that type thing may not be a turning point to everyone, good on you for taking heed, as I have whenever reality smacks one upside the head & causes one to find a new way to achieve an old problem.

Hey, thanks for sharing your story! Really funny. It seems like the time lapse was initiated by the gasoline, I agree. "Inadvertantly entrapped for a moment" is a very nice way to put it. You probably inhaled more than you remember because only one inhalation couldn't do it, unless it would be a huge one that you would hold in for as long as possible. It always took at least a few inhalations. Or maybe, and this really makes sense when you think about it, everyone has a different sensibility to gasoline sniffing, just like to any other psychoactive molecule, and yours was enough to allow this experience to happen. Who knows... in any case, the feeling of a "time lapse" is very common among the rare reports I could find here and there. The experience seems to bring "consciousness" in a place that makes it impossible to remain completely conscious while it happens. You kind of "wake up" from it, just like from a dream, and your memories of what just happened quickly disappear. So in that regard, what happened to you sounds very similar.