Votes: 1 6.7%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Season 8 of the show begins on April 14th.

No predictions. Too many ways to go there...

Loved the first episode! I'm glad they gave us some set up time to give all the reunions their proper due.

That was a fantastic horror scene at the end. Caught me off guard.

so happy it's back.

i'd read rumours that all 6 episodes would be feature-length so that was a little disappointing.

but, so awesome to see so many major characters assembling at winterfell and i loved seeing arya and jon reunited...

only 5 episodes to go :(

alasdair

so happy it's back.

i'd read rumours that all 6 episodes would be feature-length so that was a little disappointing.

but, so awesome to see so many major characters assembling at winterfell and i loved seeing arya and jon reunited...

only 5 episodes to go :(

alasdair

it's been so long i couldn't remember who anybody was. and it's not even been that long since i did a re-read of A Game of Thrones through A Dance with Dragons

thanks mal3 - it's going to be over in the blink of an eye...

alasdair

Yep. I'm looking forward to the spinoffs and the LOTR series on amazon, but that's still pretty far off. I'll definitely be bummed when it's over.

I really liked the first episode but everyone online are talking like they were disappointed. That's nothing new I suppose.

What's everyone's theory about the symbol the night king left behind? I know we've seen it before, in the cave, beyond the wall, etc.

we've seen it two or three times now. the internet theorists seem to like the idea that it indicates some connection between the night king and daenerys (e.g. that he is a targaryen).

is it possible it's simply his calling card?

alasdair

It definitely looks like the Targaryen sigil

Like an early version of it. Which would definitely explain him being able to ride a dragon. Though that could also just be his own magic and not his lineage.

What if his motivation is to destroy the Targaryen line, and the use of the symbol is something of a threat. He could be trying to break the wheel in his own way, much like Dany.

as long as panty slayer oath wetter king maker Jamie Lannister stays with me I don't care. I did enjoy seeing Sansa and Tyrion reunite although could have been better / less awkward. At one point they sort of cared about each other didn't they?

as long as panty slayer oath wetter king maker Jamie Lannister stays with me I don't care. I did enjoy seeing Sansa and Tyrion reunite although could have been better / less awkward. At one point they sort of cared about each other didn't they?

They still do, Sansa is just turned off by him being Dany's Hand (also his being so easily deceived by Cersei). Probably also doesn't want to show any visible affection toward a Lannister in that setting (and as Lady of Winterfell).

What if his motivation is to destroy the Targaryen line, and the use of the symbol is something of a threat. He could be trying to break the wheel in his own way, much like Dany.
they might end up simplifying it like that in the show, since they've left out the Great Other, the god in opposition to R'hllor in what seems to be the 2 actual gods of the series, and other stuff like that that'll likely play into GRRM's imagined ending. the great other (the night king in the show, probably) is ice, darkness, and death, represented by the others (white walkers), opposite r'hllor's fire, light, and life, represented by dragons - living fire. no doubt a big part of its motivation comes from the balance of the two gods' world being all fucked up, with summers lasting years on end and winters just as long (confirmed by GRRM to be supernatural in origin), so it's motivation could be either to wipe out all life (if its existence is why the world is fucked up) or just enough to restore some kind of balance

but the show just has the night king as being created by the children to stop the first men's invasion, and people seem to think he'll end up being bran somehow, so likely his motivation is just to kill everything living or something equally boring, taking advantage of r'hllor's weakened influence due to the doom of valyria and the citadel's mostly successful efforts to make dragons - and magic - extinct, and responding to the incursions into his territory

I wish I had the ability to read a series like GoT (and many others) but my mind simply won't allow it. I don't have the concentration and/or the comprehension. Never have. In school I always did great in math and science courses but really struggled in reading/writing despite my interest in all the stories. I spend hours browsing amazon reading synopses and imagining what it would be like to read something like the Wheel of Time or the Stormlight Archive.

the first book is a fucking slow borefest that drags and drags, but it gets a lot better in book 2. the first season follows the first book well enough, and doesnt really start diverging until book 3 iirc so you could try starting there, go for audiobook maybe?

the absence of lady stoneheart, aegon, archmaester marwyn, and other significant characters, the still-undetermined fates of stannis and rickon, whatever tf our faceless bro syrio forel/jaqen h'ghar/the alchemist was doing in westeros (probably there to kill marwyn, who leaves oldtown for meereen, to meet dani, right about then), the absence of azor ahai's sword lightbringer and other unresolved things related to the prince that was promised and [their] song of ice and fire (series title drop), and so forth make for a lot of differences that could make the endings very different, before even getting to the "oh that's too out there to fly with the audience" kinda thing that generally prevents tv shows from diverging too much from "what's working/successful". it'll be worth finding out how different they end up being in 10-20 years when the last 2 (?) books are finally out lol

I really liked the first episode but everyone online are talking like they were disappointed. That's nothing new I suppose.

I liked the first episode too! My friend told me he was disappointed. It was a good episode where every one was reunited in Winterfell. I loved seeing Jon and Daenerys having fun on the dragons. It was also exciting to see the way others reacted to seeing the dragons for the very first time.

That little boy who was nailed to the symbol scared the hell out of me when he moved. haha

^ word

Seems as though they updated the runtimes?! Kinda weird.

Last edited: