gabopentin/neutontin vs suboxone?

But being on subs and knowing I'll get sick if I do dope makes it so I have to plan it out for a while before I can actually do any dope therefore allowing me to change my mind.

Who told you that you would get sick taking dope while on sub? That is definitely not the case, not that I'm telling you to do it - it's just that the dope won't work. Bupe has much, much, much higher affinity for the MU receptor, so you just quite literally won't feel the dope.

You only get sick if you do the opposite; take bupe in the midst of a dope-binge.

yea well I made it almost a full 7 days without subs before my pain over took me and I failed miserably. Back on subs just because I can't trust myself and if I'm not I'll talk myself into it again, I know it. But being on subs and knowing I'll get sick if I do dope makes it so I have to plan it out for a while before I can actually do any dope therefore allowing me to change my mind. Another bit of info is I finally got to see a doctor at the pain clinic and after 10 minutes she said I have fibromyalgia and arthritis in my neck and knees as well as hypermobility joint syndrome which pretty much just says I'll be in pain for ever.... then she did all the tests to confirm what she thought and yup that's what my issues is as well as some other unpronounceable things. now I have a couple scripts that aren't from the opiate family and hopefully they help. other wise I'll just start freaking out, well maybe not cause I have kids, but I will cry a lot... here goes to round three...

nice! the meds might be helpful if not from the same family - good luck on round 3! :)

Well I'm allergic to gabapentin... every inch of my body is itching and I feel like I want to rip it off me andI've had a head ache since the second day. Fml... I don't want to go through an endless list of meds to find out works...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that is your experience. I had rebound itching actually but not while I took it.. but definitely after. :\

Well I'm allergic to gabapentin... every inch of my body is itching and I feel like I want to rip it off me andI've had a head ache since the second day. Fml... I don't want to go through an endless list of meds to find out works...

That´s not good. Sorry to hear that. Is there any other medication you could use to replace this one?
I also believe it could may be a rebound like Smoky said.
Wish you luck as well!

Thanks everyone. I am probably going to be put on lyrica or cymbalta next. this would have been something I would have taken everyday for ever. I started itching the day after I started taking it and still have some itching but not as bad as those first few days. I took it for five days before thinking my itching might be caused by that med. I've never been allergic to a med before so I wasn't even thinking about that. I thought I was just itchy. Oh well, now I can have something to tell the doctor when they ask me if I'm allergic to something. Now I have a ton of gabapentin and can't do a thing with them. I think I'll save them just in case I know someone that can benefit from them.

Cymbalta can be helpful for pain, I might look into it myself. :)

trying to come off gabapentin is easier than comig off subs just to keep it simple,
you might wanna try gabapentin for a few weeks see if it really helps. If you're new to it there's a good possibility for medicinal potential .
There is mega thread on here that will help you get the most bang for your buck as far as bio availability. Gabapentin is to be taken with food for optimal effects unlike other drugs. Maybe ask about Lyrica ...its expensive as fuck but in my opinion its worth it. I'm on it right now and it works for me. Leg pain = gone. Cravings = gone.
'

I'm allergic to gabapentin. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalia and so far the meds they have prescribed for me have either not worked or I have been allergic to. I'm on subs so that I can keep myself from self medicating with opiates illegally. The pain I feel everyday is enough to wear even the strongest resolve. Being on the subs helps me when I am at my weakest moments when my pain is so bad that I become so desperate for relief that I can't help but want something, anything, to take my pain away just enough for me to do normal things like play with my three year old or go for a walk or even just to clean my house. The process I am going through with my doctors at trying all these different meds that are not opiates just to find out they either don't work or I am allergic to is so very stressful and almost unbearable. But I have no choice but to endure this pain until I, along with my doctors help, find something that helps. Although opiates take my pain away, my doctors won't prescribe them. I have so far been on 5 different meds and none of them have helped my pain. the subs make me take a step back and think about the decision I am about to make before I make it. That is why I am on them.