• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids (Gabapentin) withdrawal, any advice?

I started this drug in April 2016 because my doctor that I was under pain contract to would not give me 2 weeks of oxycodone for temporary lyme pain and insisted on Gralise which is extended release gabapentin. I tried to explain to him that gabapentin can cause psychosis which he has seen me go through twice, that withdrawal can kill you from seizure or by your own hand and can cause psychosis, that I wouldn't have any withdrawal from two weeks of oxycodone and even if I did, it would be easy to bare and would not kill me and that gabapentin is a life time drug and my pain cycles. He's been treating me for Lyme disease since 2012 so knows I'm not a drug seeker. He simply wanted to cover his ass with the DEA. What I find so crazy is that the black label warning states all the psychiatric issues from psychosis to suicide and he knows I am a psychiatric patient yet was willing to risk a wrongful death malpractice suit over investigation by the DEA. Because I was under pain contract to him, I had to take what he was willing to give for pain and assumed I could come off of it if I only took it short period of time. Until I went into withdrawal. I've CT from a years' long dependence to klonopin ending at 18 mg a day the last two months, 4 months of oxycodone and oxycontin taken together, months worth of dialudid and months worth of fentanyl. The klonopin was rough, the opiates just made me feel like I was having a lyme flare as I have been living with the feeling of opiate withdrawal for about 6 years solid anyway and NONE of these hold a candle to gabapentin withdrawal. My first withdrawal hit me with severe shortness of breath like an elephant sitting on my chest, depersonalization and derealization which I have NEVER experienced before and is terrifying! So, just so I wouldn't go through that again, I've been stuck on this drug 14 months longer than I actually needed pain relief until the 14th of this month. I've read gabapentin has caused others to have paralyzed stomachs, but lyme can cause that too, and my stomach quit working. I'd get incredibly nauseas 4 to 6 hours after a meal and have to make myself vomit to relieve the misery. I vomit up full meals and of course any pills that I take. I switched from Gralise to 900 mg gabapentin tid. I tried chewing the pills into pieces hoping to get them down. I'm on a liquid diet at this point that even then I vomit up. Trying to stave off withdrawal, I would take extra gabapentin when I would vomit it up and ran out of my month's supply rather quickly. I have been taking quality CBD oil since April so even 4 days after my last pill, I wasn't in withdrawal - last Tuesday and I had a visit with my prescribing doctor and was doing fine. Then Wednesday, I started having panic and I knew it was withdrawal, but it wasn't anywhere near as severe as withdrawing when I had before I started CBD. I was still suicidal that day because I was having panic out of nowhere and irrational fears arose. I was able to tell myself that it was just the drug talking trying to get me back on it again and the panic was not due to anything in my life, but simply elevated heart rate from withdrawal. They next day, day 7, I woke up feeing fine then the panic hit around 4 pm. I observed and noticed that I was having tachycardia, but it wasn't a result of actual panic even though it felt like it, it was physiological because gabapentin subdues all nerve signals, including the vagus nerve which governs heart rate. I told myself it was just withdrawal and it wasn't actually panic, just elevated heart rate that feels like panic. I thought, "What would lower my heart rate?" I looked in my drawer of old scripts and I had some prazosin, an alpha blocker for blood pressure I was once prescribed for night terrors that blocks adrenal receptors and lowers blood pressure and heart rate by slowing the amount of adrenaline absorbed by these receptors. I had been taking 10 mg of valium since Wednesday with no success but the prazosin lowered my heart rate and the feeling of panic subsided. I woke yesterday morning, day 8, and my heart was racing again so I took another dose of prazosin and took double my dose of CBD like I had been since Wednesday, day 6. By 5 pm yesterday, the tachycardia was gone and now, day 9, 3 hours after I woke, I have no withdrawal symptoms and did not need to take prazosin. I even took modafinil two hours ago and no tachycardia. CBD oil lessened the withdrawal experience by 90% intensity it would have been without it and my only symptom was elevated heart rate that made me fear I was going to panic and that was easily controlled by an alpha blocker. A beta blocker would do the same. I also took 10 mg of baclofen yesterday 12 hours apart and saw no improvement in withdrawal symptoms from it either, so valium and baclofen is a no go. Get some CBD oil if you find yourself without this drug or use CBD vape juice. It was a world of difference from when I've tried to withdrawal without it. And BP meds. I have used alcohol for withdrawal before I ever tried CBD and it was the only thing that took away the depersonalization and derealization and I would gimp on it when I ran out until I was able to refill. That's just if you have to mail order for CBD because you can't find it locally - a little alcohol will make it bearable until you can get CBD which will terminate all the symptoms. Best wishes and many prayers to those of you suffering from withdrawal. This drug is no joke, completely evil.

I experienced Gabapentin withdrawal after 2 years at 1500mg daily. Withdrawal lasted about 10 days and was mostly characterized by depression and just a real hopelessness that was worse than benzos. I kept shooting dope over and over and wondering why I didn't feel good: it took all the pleasure away. Very little in the way of serious physical withdrawal for me though. Overall I'd say it was extremely manageable compared to opiates or benzos.

From reading around the internet during that time it seems like there is huge variability in the length and severity of withdrawal among people. Moreso than any other drug from what I can tell. That makes sense to me because there is a pretty large variation in the response to Gabapentin in general. Some people love it while others don't feel much at all. I wonder if it has more to do with absorption or brain chemistry.

I experienced Gabapentin withdrawal after 2 years at 1500mg daily. Withdrawal lasted about 10 days and was mostly characterized by depression and just a real hopelessness that was worse than benzos. I kept shooting dope over and over and wondering why I didn't feel good: it took all the pleasure away. Very little in the way of serious physical withdrawal for me though. Overall I'd say it was extremely manageable compared to opiates or benzos.

From reading around the internet during that time it seems like there is huge variability in the length and severity of withdrawal among people. Moreso than any other drug from what I can tell. That makes sense to me because there is a pretty large variation in the response to Gabapentin in general. Some people love it while others don't feel much at all. I wonder if it has more to do with absorption or brain chemistry.

The only reason you barely felt any withdrawal is cause you were shooting dope that's how I managed to quit, and I was still puking and not eating at all...
I also didn't feel euphoria and I'd use 50-100% more dope that day.
Think about that statement , you shot dope and felt no pleasure nothing it was canceling itself out bro it's gnarly shit withdrawal I posted earlier a long post on my experience and it was almost identical to the long post above where the guy said you'd feel like your stomach is paralyzed...

I remember puking absolutely every morning and I wouldn't feel normal until I had my gaba , benzo, tar, and weed I was poly addict. But mainly the gaba I needed, other wise just horrible depersonalization like I'm in a nightmare watching the movie

Anybody reading this thread should pay close attention to wordnox. You can have withdrawls from coffee and tylenol(apap). Just because the pharmaceutical industry or some doctor says you can just quit, or because your buddy quit with no problem, that doesn't mean you can go abusing something and be fine.
Wordnox- what about going back on the opiates and getting yourself on a solid tapering plan. Get yourself down at least a little. Then when your insurance kicks in, you can go see a Dr for some real help?

Basically I kind of half-tapered or quickly tapered. My usage as I said varied widely, and no longer seeing my ex made my usage decrease to probably 3x100mg a day which is what I cold turkey from, though at times I would eat as much as like 2400mg. It's been almost two weeks off the gabapentin, and even doing the opiates to get through this shit I still feel it. I get crazy crazy anxiety, like one thought can cause extreme waves of anxiety. It's bugged the fuck out. Stomach is improving somewhat though it's still fucked up.
My mother has stopped taking it because of what I've told her, so she has her full 3x100mg script I can start taking. I don't want to do this or take it ever again, but at the end of the week when I start my methadone taper/eventually finish that with like a week of super low sub dose - if after that I don't feel right or I feel like I can't work, I'm going to start taking 1 100mg a day or 2x at most, and start a long taper basically. Because I'd rather trade everything else, to only take a pill once a day to taper properly, than spend all my money on shit just to even work.

The only reason you barely felt any withdrawal is cause you were shooting dope that's how I managed to quit, and I was still puking and not eating at all...
I also didn't feel euphoria and I'd use 50-100% more dope that day.
Think about that statement , you shot dope and felt no pleasure nothing it was canceling itself out bro it's gnarly shit withdrawal I posted earlier a long post on my experience and it was almost identical to the long post above where the guy said you'd feel like your stomach is paralyzed...

I remember puking absolutely every morning and I wouldn't feel normal until I had my gaba , benzo, tar, and weed I was poly addict. But mainly the gaba I needed, other wise just horrible depersonalization like I'm in a nightmare watching the movie
Yeah, I wondered why I was throwing up from snorting dope for the first time in my life. it was because I was doing so much at work, that I was so high it was making me nauseous (something that never happened before in my life), but I didn't have any euphoria because of the gabapentin. Fucking insane really what this shit has done to me. If this shit didn't fuck me I would've been in the clear.

Also gabapentin withdrawals seem to active much stronger if your doing any type of activity or in any situation like working 9-5. If I'm at home smoking and everythings alright, the withdrawal isn't too bad (this is with opiates and without).

MAMAD: if you have type 2 diabetes, check into a diet called 'the whole 30' . There's a chance that diet could substantially reduce your neuropathy and therefore reduce your need for Lyrica and it's side effects. The website gives all of the information you need for free. whole30.com

Sorry for the late posting of gratitude but Thank you Squeaky, I'll do just that.

My rheumatologist has me on 600 mg per day of Lyrica. It DOES help with pain but only temporarily. I have fibromyalgia, arthritis, and broke both legs in a car accident in February. I'll take whatever I can get.

I had nasty withdrawal from this shitty med. It lasted awhile too

hey - ive found something really good for gabapentin/phenibut withdrawal! Taper with whichever one you weren't doing (pheni or gaba respectively) and use hIgH dose oral CBD!! 150mg oral 4x daily w/magnesium on whichever you weren't activcely using! works EXCElleNTLY

Going through withdrawels now myself, im 44 year old male was on 300mg x3 day 4 months due to nervous system damage due to operation after cancer treatment, must admit i abused it a bit taking more than should and took some Pregablin to along with drinking and smoking on odd occasion, symptoms started as when i didnt take it i felt like i had flu and was ill, then it started with a mild pain in my finger(s), didnt put it down to Gabapentin so just ignored it. I came off it for 2 weeks and all pains and pins needles in hands when sleeping went away, decided to start taking it again and symptoms came back all most immediately. The pain in my right hand was immense, would take me 2 hours to get my hand working was stiff and felt swollen although not visibly, im now 14 days cold turkey again and my right is almost useless first thing in the morning. Ive done some serious research and just found that Arthralgia (nervous system based arthritis) is a common side effect from this drug. Neuralgia is also common. I must say in my case though ive had no issues with depression or anxiety coming off it, in fact it has made positive lasting effect in that respect but not worth it with regards to the this physical pain. Has anyone else here had this severe bone\joint pain in their extremities (hands\feet) if so how long did it last?

Symptoms:
Felt like i had Flu\Sickness
Mild Sleep disturbance - used Promethazine in micro dose to cure this.
Pins and needles in hands, numbness
Hands and feet felt swollen
Muscular twitching\pain (Neuralgia)
Pain in bones of fingers\joints, stiffness.

Just to clarify i had never suffered with any of this before taking GB, and i did not under go any other treatment for my cancer other than physical removal. Ive tried Magnesium\Calcium supplementation, ive also been taking mild amounts of Biotin but am now looking at increasing this. Any advice on how long i can expect this or anyone else who has this pain issue would be great help :)

** for anyone supplementing with Magnesium i would suggest using the Magnesium-L-Threonate strain, its highly absorbent across the blood brain barrier and ive found a lot more effective than your standardized Mag supplement**

Last edited:
Took Gabapentin for 3 months total, from 300 mg/night to 600 mg/night with occasional extra pills for sleep/running out early. This started happening when I decided to reduce the dosage and taper off:

Then, with and without the dose - the panic attacks still have not stopped. It has been exactly 12 days. Symptoms:
Constant Anxiety - pounding heart and dread at all times.
Debilitating Attacks every other day (Panic attacks)
Crying with panic attacks
Mood swings
Nausea
Headaches
Dizziness
Lightheadedness after eating
Blurry vision after eating (Carbs-mainly)
Joint pain (Hands and back)
Flu-like Symptoms.

I am not going back to it. Cold turkey or not - I never thought a 'harmless' drug like gabapentin could mess a person up this bad. Please note, Gabapentin IS a DAO blocker, and some of the symptoms you may be experiencing could be something called 'histamine intolerance' due to Gabapentin having been blocking DAO production (enzymes that help you process histamine in your body). Your body has 4 histamine receptors, and OTC drugs only target the first two. H3 and H4 receptors are produced in your body, and they are the ones that give you such symptoms as headaches, muscle stiffness, etc.

I have also noticed that I've become 'allergic' (GI-wise) to pretty much /everything/. The only thing that solved the darkness and mood swings is 25 mg Zoloft. I take half a xanax during an attack, a full one if it's very bad, and if i don't have an attack that day I take half to a full .25 mg to sleep.

I highly suggest supplementing with Magnesium as litew8 said. Don't do Magnesium Citrate. I got that today and... it's a freaking laxative. I will try L-Threonate, but I'd also like to try Glycinate or Chelate.
This is about day 12, and with Magnesium joint pain disappeared. Mood swings are still present particularly after eating carbs. I'll keep you updated on the timeline. I never knew a drug that was considered so mild and safe to be this drastic. Could it be that it was prescribed in combination with adderall that it did this?

I'm sad, because initially this was a wonder drug. It made me hungry (yay), it made me thirsty (not a bad side effect), and it made me horny (Hurray!), and very creative. And the sleep was wonderful. But... none of this was worth the withdrawal I'm experiencing now.

Another strange note, as someone said to supplement with CBD. I find that dabbing (Cannabis extracts), makes me feel shitty for about an hour but then makes me feel good. It sort of works to alleviate symptoms, however certain strains, such as flamethrower, induce panic attacks in me. Careful with dabs and flower, try only indica strains or CBD strains.

Hi,
I have tried to read thru all these stories and all have been using Gabapentin, benzos, weed, alcohol, ssri's, cocaine, heroin etc. etc. Has anyone been using ONLY Gabapentin and experienced significant W/D,s?

jwinkulheimer , The only thing I'm prescribed is Gabapentin and adderall. I don't drink, and I smoke weed/dabs for medicinal reasons more than to get high. I can tell you (update on my condition) - the withdrawal is hell. I have spent many hours reading these posts here and it's incredible how many people have the same symptoms as me. While I won't rule out that Gabapentin may have influenced histamine levels and mast cells, I do hope that these terrible symptoms will not be permanent. Also I read someone said not to take Magnesium Citrate.

Does anyone legitimately have a Magnesium they can recommend? Chelate? Oxide? Bioavailable? Liquid form? At this point I'm ready to drop 50 bucks on anything that will make me feel better, including an awesome Magensium supplement. Also, has anyone tried to combat the withdrawal with NAC (N-ACETYL CYSTEINE: ) ? (Woops that copied and pasted like that). I want to know if it worked for -anyone- before buying it. Going to the health food store soon... I'm scared to leave the house and drive, seriously, anxiety is bad. I'm also scared to go to public places and stay there long. Crowds have -never- bothered me before. I have to take zoloft 25 mg to keep my shit together, just started, at least it fixed the sudden crying fits that come with the panic attacks.

P.S. I envy all of you who can just hop off this drug. Holy hell. This is a nightmare. And hilariously, I did DAYS of research when I started it to make sure I could use it recreationally as well and that it was safe to fluctuate in doses. NOPE. Not for me at least.

Alright, here's an update. It took exactly 2 weeks for any improvement. Now I am virtually symptom free, HOWEVER, I have started taking -large- amounts of magnesium. Citrate was bad, Chelated and Glycinate the pills were too big and didn't work good, the only supplement that worked, and you can weirdly find it at walmart but not health food stores, is SlowMag. Slowmag is Magnesium Chloride. Take 3 doses (that's 6 pills total) throughout the day with food. The ringing in my ears is still there, however, I am no longer afraid to drive or leave my house, and I can feel happy again.

Please note - those of you 'tapering' of that drug, while I am not a doctor and my opinion is in no way professional, I would not taper. I would quit it immediately. In my opinion it got out of my system faster than when I took the 1 pill to try and 'cope.' For raw nerves and the extreme withdrawal, do epsolm salt baths ONCE A DAY, at least 30 minutes, submerge your body fully and breathe through your mouth. Marijuana helps, but be careful - no sativa strains, these will exasperate a panic attack. I recommend either a heavy indica or even a THC-free strain containing CBD, a natural anti inflammatory agent in cannabis which is also a pain killer and has been used to treat various medical conditions in other more progressive countries. CBD by itself does not get you high, it's purpose is purely medicinal.

To help with migranes: get off whatever antidepressant you are on IF YOU CAN. Seratonin production, in me, caused a lasting migrane which worsened the withdrawal effects. DIET: due to the severe GI symptoms experienced, for 2 weeks stick to a Gluten Free Diet that's LOW in carbs. Mainly: salad + protein. Do this if you experience a tight throat/throat constriction/throat pain. Your stool should be soft but not watery with the magnesium dose recommended above. Stimulants like amphetamines help to cope with the symptoms but in LOW DOSES, that means no more than 20 mg. Caffeine will exasperate panic, however in moderate amounts (10 oz cup coffee) - is okay. During this time, I noticed my body produced more histamine (clogged ears, skin rash, etc) -therefore a low histamine diet on top of the recommendation will be useful. That means no cured foods, no deli, no fermented foods (pickles/sourkraut), stay AWAY from alcohol, it will make things worse. Basically, smoke a LOT of weed and eat healthy and wait 2 weeks. I don't know how long this tinnitus is going to last but I am -so- happy to be back to myself, to be able to write and be creative, to be able to love and function. Gabapentin was the worst thing, and the worst withdrawal I have ever experienced. My thoughts go out to all of you still suffering through it.

NOTE: Flower doesn't do much for me as I am a seasoned cannabis user, I do dabs. In this time, live resin dabs were the only thing that truly worked (remarkable symptom management). Shatter promoted anxiety, anything low quality made anxiety worse, and the only flower I could smoke without my throat tightening was through a water bong. Live resin dabs are recommended over flower during this time.

Alright, here's an update. It took exactly 2 weeks for any improvement. Now I am virtually symptom free, HOWEVER, I have started taking -large- amounts of magnesium. Citrate was bad, Chelated and Glycinate the pills were too big and didn't work good, the only supplement that worked, and you can weirdly find it at walmart but not health food stores, is SlowMag. Slowmag is Magnesium Chloride. Take 3 doses (that's 6 pills total) throughout the day with food. The ringing in my ears is still there, however, I am no longer afraid to drive or leave my house, and I can feel happy again.

Please note - those of you 'tapering' of that drug, while I am not a doctor and my opinion is in no way professional, I would not taper. I would quit it immediately. In my opinion it got out of my system faster than when I took the 1 pill to try and 'cope.' For raw nerves and the extreme withdrawal, do epsolm salt baths ONCE A DAY, at least 30 minutes, submerge your body fully and breathe through your mouth. Marijuana helps, but be careful - no sativa strains, these will exasperate a panic attack. I recommend either a heavy indica or even a THC-free strain containing CBD, a natural anti inflammatory agent in cannabis which is also a pain killer and has been used to treat various medical conditions in other more progressive countries. CBD by itself does not get you high, it's purpose is purely medicinal.

To help with migranes: get off whatever antidepressant you are on IF YOU CAN. Seratonin production, in me, caused a lasting migrane which worsened the withdrawal effects. DIET: due to the severe GI symptoms experienced, for 2 weeks stick to a Gluten Free Diet that's LOW in carbs. Mainly: salad + protein. Do this if you experience a tight throat/throat constriction/throat pain. Your stool should be soft but not watery with the magnesium dose recommended above. Stimulants like amphetamines help to cope with the symptoms but in LOW DOSES, that means no more than 20 mg. Caffeine will exasperate panic, however in moderate amounts (10 oz cup coffee) - is okay. During this time, I noticed my body produced more histamine (clogged ears, skin rash, etc) -therefore a low histamine diet on top of the recommendation will be useful. That means no cured foods, no deli, no fermented foods (pickles/sourkraut), stay AWAY from alcohol, it will make things worse. Basically, smoke a LOT of weed and eat healthy and wait 2 weeks. I don't know how long this tinnitus is going to last but I am -so- happy to be back to myself, to be able to write and be creative, to be able to love and function. Gabapentin was the worst thing, and the worst withdrawal I have ever experienced. My thoughts go out to all of you still suffering through it.

NOTE: Flower doesn't do much for me as I am a seasoned cannabis user, I do dabs. In this time, live resin dabs were the only thing that truly worked (remarkable symptom management). Shatter promoted anxiety, anything low quality made anxiety worse, and the only flower I could smoke without my throat tightening was through a water bong. Live resin dabs are recommended over flower during this time.

I have to disagree with your opinion that those actively tapering should instead abruptly DC Their gabapentin. Not only would this lessen your liklyhood of getting and staying off this med it could also cause serious medical complications. The first risk of going cold turkey from gabapentin is sezuires. Though rare sezuires can occur from stopping large doses without a medically supervised taper. These sezuires can also take place in individuals who do not have a diagnosed sezuire disorder. Delirium and and other WD reactions can also occur that requir hospitalization. This medication is not to be toyed with nor is it meant to be abruptly discontinued.

A good tapering plan on a medication that is not getting you high usually works well. The problem comes when 'good' means something crazy like 10mg reduction per month. I have done it with pregabalin capsules from 300 mg/day down to where I was opening the 100 mg capsules and separating the pile of powder with a razor like a cokehead. 4 even piles made 25 mg doses of the nastinest powder I have ever tasted.
It's not as hard as it sounds, but most people aren't willing to commit months of their life to a project like that. What did it for me was deciding that I didn't want to die, and the wd's included some severe suicidal thoughts. After that, I realized the tapering plan was the only really important thing in my life.

I noticed my skin tingling and sweating one day I didn’t have my gabapentin. I think sweating it outs the way to go. Lyrica it’s bigger sexier cousin had the same WDS with me. A few weird weeks (could be outside factors though) but nothing like a tram cold turkey!

I think you are right Prescottdave. That was a false alarm. It was the one 'sane' day out of this nightmare... nope, it is definitely continuing. All I can say is that foods trigger it the most. Black tea, green tea, apple cider vinegar (immediate panic attack like.. seriously 10-20 mins within injestion). From what I can tell Gabapentin is a DAO destabilizer (Diamine Oxidase produces natural anti-histamine in your body). I have all these food allergies now and when I eat just lean skinless chicken with baked veggies I'm fine. Leftovers, anything fermented, it causes me to freak out. I think it is all part of Gabapentin withdrawal because I do have anxiety-free days, but I am also very, very, very fucking tired. Finishing my week three now... and it is not the hell it used to be in week one and two. In addition to all these weird symptoms, I don't know if I mentioned or not, the skin on the Palm of my right hand ONLY gets hard and tight and almost scaley, usually as a reaction to a certain food. For example, 10 minutes after injesting one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar dissolved in lukewarm chamomile tea, the skin hardened. However, as it turns out, NOT OVERDOING amphetamines at this time is helping me cope with the sudden mood swings (For example, 10 minutes after injesting the ACV, I cried for a half hour for no reason other than a feeling of intense hopeleness). 10 MG of adderall regulates and stabilizes mood. Also, 10 mg Loratadine or day-time antihistamine HELPS tremendously in panic attack control, for me. My ears keep itching, I still have tinnitus, this shit blows. I am ust really really really hoping another week will make it even more bearable.

I can't taper though Dave. I'm terrified as fuck of Gabapentin and what it did to me... I was having panic attacks when I even got back on it, and it was usually on the dot FIVE hours after injesting the dose. I have not experienced any seizures while on the medication or for the three weeks of cold turkey stopping Gabapentin. Indica Dabs have done wonders to stop an oncoming panic attack, but man, I just wanna relax for real. I'm even keeping a food journal now and writing down -everything- I ingest, including dabs. Would anyone happen to know anything about Mast Cell Disorders or Candida? One article I found on the internet said that basically Apple Cider Vinegar will make shit worse before it makes shit better. Because although it is a histamine-high food, it stabilizes mast cells over time.

There is a light in the end of the tunnel. As someone posted here have said, if we are feeling any moments of normality, this is good. When I feel okay or not anxious, I become overcome with joy and relief, but I dread the return of symptoms. It is just.. nice to live anxiety free, but anxiety? It's the worst and the most stifling feeling ever, and I've never fucking had this problem in my entire life. Two words to conclude this update: Fuck. Gabapentin.

Cold chills and anxiety is particularly bad today... dabs not doing much with increased amount of adderall back in my system. Did it to offset the panic attack last night and today did 30 mg again even though i should have stuck to ten probably. IF there is Anyone out there who is a health nerd into balancing brain via supplements and helping withdrawals or symptoms, anyone at all who, like me, sits for hours researching various conditions to see 'if that could be it,' including but not limited to... left palatial pariesis with which my chiropractor diagnosed me 4 years ago, gave me a list of things i had to do but i didn't do them because they were bothersome (like half an hour of math a day...), anyone who geeks out on mast cell disorders or knows about allergies that show up via GI or nerves instead of 'sneezing' and runny nose... ugh, I would love some help or advise. I'm doing everything I can, but I have been out of commission for 3 weeks now and right this moment I am terrified to drive anywhere. Please, help. All I have is a prescription of xanax for .25 mg and it is not enough but I am not taking more because i can't afford to run out, I take one to sleep every night or else I just can't sleep, and no matter how late I go to sleep i always wake up at 9 or 10, when I used to be able to sleep for 10-12 hours for leisure on gabapentin. I just. I don't know what to do anymore. This god damn food journal is not giving me shit for clues of what it coudl be and what could make it better, and the mood swings are fucking bad and that's why i take the adderall - for the mood swings. I have zoloft but it gives me migranes even tho it makes my mood better, i stopped taking it a week ago or so. Took a half dose during a particularly low mood swing 4 days ago (half of 25 mg). I tried valerian... i tried so many things. I stopped melatonin because i became... nauseous? And I thought it was the melatonin that did it and i've been on it for 3 years, from 3 mg increased to 6 by the end of 3 years. I haven't touched melatonin many months. I tried valerian, it doesn't do shit. Alcohol makes anxiety worse. I have more gabapentin in the house but just the thought of taking it to alleviate this shit makes me want to cry. Do i go back on half doses of zoloft for the mood, could it make panic better, do I go back to the doc and, once again, ask for doxepin? When I went off everything including adderall, on the third day i was feeling really raw and tired, so had to get back on it. I just want to function again.

/end low rant... yes probably written in that emotional tweaking after 30 mg and a dab of indica. Ugh. SOrry.

Doxepin Dream- Check out a diet called 'The whole 30'. Theres a website where they give out the info for free 'whole30.com' It talks about the fact that we all have reactions to the foods that you say are causing you problems. My wife and I did it for 30 days and every aspect if our lives got better. Hemorrhoids, dandruff, depression etc..... EVERYTHING got better. It was so dramatic that we never went back go the way we were eating before.
It could just be that since you started wd'ing from Gabapentin you have been paying such close attention to every little change in your body that you are now seeing the bad effects of bad food in ways you were just ignoring before. I have been preaching for a while now that regardless of what drug you're wd'ing from, junk food will make your wd's worse.
Fake sugars and MSG being the worst offenders- and they put those in everything. Life gets better when you cook all of your own meals....... not easy but it's worth the work.