• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Gabapentin or Phenibut!? are they same in the AM?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
So I am scripted gabapentin every morning - 1600MG. I take it everyday and I still think I get a good "feel".

I just got my phenibut in the mail; I want to take this tomorrow morning instead (because taking them together never do a thing - or at least I think so. I know they are very much the same but at the same time I do think they give different type highs).

anyone know if I take my phenibut will it replace my gabapentin and make sure I have no gabapentin WD or different type feelings? because I can still take my gabapentin but rather just AFTER I get home from work, etc. but want to feel phenibut in the AM rather than gabapentin, as usual.

anyone play w/ these 2 a lot? I always have but still dont know this; I never really take them together but I do take gabapentin in the AM a lot and then 3K of phenibut when I get home from work, and the phenibut just DOES NOT WORK the same way after taking gabapentin in the AM. or maybe I bought some shitty phenibut this time around (I wish I could just say names here).

So I am scripted gabapentin every morning - 1600MG. I take it everyday and I still think I get a good "feel".

I just got my phenibut in the mail; I want to take this tomorrow morning instead (because taking them together never do a thing - or at least I think so. I know they are very much the same but at the same time I do think they give different type highs).

anyone know if I take my phenibut will it replace my gabapentin and make sure I have no gabapentin WD or different type feelings? because I can still take my gabapentin but rather just AFTER I get home from work, etc. but want to feel phenibut in the AM rather than gabapentin, as usual.

anyone play w/ these 2 a lot? I always have but still dont know this; I never really take them together but I do take gabapentin in the AM a lot and then 3K of phenibut when I get home from work, and the phenibut just DOES NOT WORK the same way after taking gabapentin in the AM. or maybe I bought some shitty phenibut this time around (I wish I could just say names here).

Both of them stop each others w/d so idk maybe gabapentin dose have some effect on gaba b or maybe just raises gaba in the brain and stop's the w/d you wont feel gaba w/d when you take baclofen or phenibut or gabapentin for the latter.

It might not chemically subsidize for your gabapentin, however, due to the effects of phenibut it might mask the W/D you could have, therefore, getting benefits from the phenibut and not feeling W/D from your gabapentin.

There shouldn't be any cross-tolerance but don't quote me on that. Reason I say this is because gabapentin doesn't modify GABA receptors, whereas, phenibut does.

Not might they due mask w/d both way's anyone that takes them will tell you the same am not just writing to write that is how it is.

From what I've read, and my own personal experiences with phenibut, these two substances are not something you want to be taking daily. The withdrawals are awful, can lead to seizing, DT's etc.

Not might they due mask w/d both way's anyone that takes them will tell you the same am not just writing to write that is how it is.
yea, no.

I can't mask benzo W/D with alcohol just because it manipulates GABA. Yea, different GABA receptors but it does not always work that way, I can assure you.

I'm scripted 900mg of gabapentin (although I take mine at night). When I've gone on alcohol benders (hopefully no more), of course I stop taking all my meds. I don't think I've experienced gabapentin withdrawal, but maybe being wasted just masked the symptoms. Anyway, the way it was explained to me by my psychiatrist, gabapentin just increases the effect of gaba in the brain, whereas baclofen (another drug I'm on, similar to phenibut) actually works on the gaba b receptor site. Anyway, I've never taken phenibut, but from my understanding it's not something you'd want to take every day.

WD's are not that bad; its what you read. yes, people have had terrible WD's on both gabapentin and phenibut but I've been through both w/o a hassle.

gaba is scripted as an anti-seizure med, as well as my keppra, so the seizure part is not a worry and not exact on the spot.

these are not 2 drugs I am just "playing" around w/ for the first time; both I've been taking for many years; found Phenibut in 2007 when trying to find some GHB here in the US; someone pointed me to the phenibut and I've never looked back. yes, I did pick up an addiction at one point but nothing to write home to momma about (meaning never had to go to detox). was taking about 6G's a day at worst; nothing too bad.

gabapentin been scripted to me for the past 3 years as well as keppra for a brain tumor I have/had which causes seizures. I never knew gabapentin was a "fun" drug until it hit the streets here in Boston as "johnnies" and people were talking about them; all these people were ex dope fiends/junkheads, so they made it sound great, esp. for a cheap price, but its something I take daily so it doesnt have that effect on me.. but once in a while.. a great while, I will up my dose dramatically and trick myself into thinking I get a good "feel".

I've got lots of experience with both, though I've never been dependent on either of them. They are similar in effect at small doses, however, the larger the dose, the more different the effects become. Phenibut is basically a clear cut GABAb acting drug. Gabapentin is a lot more complicated. Because of their different routes of action, I can't imagine one totally working for the withdrawal symptoms of the other. Then again, the way gabapentin works on opiate withdrawal...who knows.

Gabapentin is THE most effective chemical for opiod withdrawal, at least to me. I have no idea why, but it's worked for me many times. I take it in moderate doses (2000-2400 mgs a day) during acute opiod withdrawal and it masks 90% of the symptoms. There's no 'euphoria', but it causes a kinda-drunk-kinda-stoned feeling and stablizes my mood. It's not incredibly sedating, to me, but it can be intoxicating.

Phenibut is kind of effective for opiod withdrawal, but only in the sense that it helps with the mental symptoms (restlessness, anxiety, depression)- it doesn't actually remove them the way that gabapentin does. The real magic of phenibut, for me, is that it will flat knock me out in moderate doses at night. 1500-2000mgs of it 2 hours before bed and it's lights out. Absolutely the best sleep aid, including benzos, that I've ever tried.

Never had cravings for either of them or anything, but for my intended uses, both drugs have been great over the years.

wow, you use the drugs in very different way than I do.

I take my GABA for anti-seizure but yes, I feel it does good me the "go" in the morning along w. my 8MG bupe.

Phenibut same thing if I take it in the AM: felt very similar but on the "go for sure.

at night, well, I never take them for sleep but there have been plenty of times Ive taken too much Phenibut or GABA and been knocked out for sure.

I feel both work well w/ suboxone; so its nice to just feel.. well.. NICE! right?

I miss my gabapentin making feel awesome, I swear no matter how much I take it doesn't do what it use to(raised sex drive,very talkative,etc...) now it just calms me down, makes me a little talkative and definately no raise in sex drive at all, now its only good if I have benzo's or bud with it,really good with benzos actually, but I haven't been taking them lately either. I pretty much quit Phenibut 'cold turkey' after a few months of taking a couple grams a day, didn't realize I'd been taking it so much, well I was having some kinda breakdown crying in my room before I had to drive to my sub doc in what felt like the longest fuckin panic attack ever, thankfully I had 4mg of xanax under my tounge right after I pissed in the cup, my Blood pressure was 180/100 when they took it and I felt like the world was ending, until the xanax kicked in...I have 1 gram of phenibut left but haven't touched it in about a month. Good for anxiety but my god, fuckin sucks when ya run out,lol. BUT, don't know why people make soooo many post about it here, I mean, ya the w/d's suck...eh, maybe i should shut up cuz i had Gabapentin and benzos halfway through it,lol. I always take my Gaba in the Morning with my Subs, usually 2100mg when I take it, never really have a problem when I run out of it though, maybe a little more anixous...anyway, I'm tired of subs I wanna get high, ever since I got the 30 percocets and 30 15s...want some damn 30's and some damn xanax with some damn weed,lol. UGHHH

Edit: Gaba and Subs is a nice combo though, it does work for anxiety and as you said, just makes you feel nice,not loaded or anything. I took either 1500 or 1800mg of Gaba and 8mg of Sub under the tounge at noon, 12 hours later I swear the Gaba is still going cuz the TV and shit looks all brighter and kinda relaxed,just nice, but not high....

Last edited:
I miss my gabapentin making feel awesome, I swear no matter how much I take it doesn't do what it use to(raised sex drive,very talkative,etc...) now it just calms me down, makes me a little talkative and definately no raise in sex drive at all, now its only good if I have benzo's or bud with it,really good with benzos actually, but I haven't been taking them lately either. I pretty much quit Phenibut 'cold turkey' after a few months of taking a couple grams a day, didn't realize I'd been taking it so much, well I was having some kinda breakdown crying in my room before I had to drive to my sub doc in what felt like the longest fuckin panic attack ever, thankfully I had 4mg of xanax under my tounge right after I pissed in the cup, my Blood pressure was 180/100 when they took it and I felt like the world was ending, until the xanax kicked in...I have 1 gram of phenibut left but haven't touched it in about a month. Good for anxiety but my god, fuckin sucks when ya run out,lol. BUT, don't know why people make soooo many post about it here, I mean, ya the w/d's suck...eh, maybe i should shut up cuz i had Gabapentin and benzos halfway through it,lol. I always take my Gaba in the Morning with my Subs, usually 2100mg when I take it, never really have a problem when I run out of it though, maybe a little more anixous...anyway, I'm tired of subs I wanna get high, ever since I got the 30 percocets and 30 15s...want some damn 30's and some damn xanax with some damn weed,lol. UGHHH

Edit: Gaba and Subs is a nice combo though, it does work for anxiety and as you said, just makes you feel nice,not loaded or anything. I took either 1500 or 1800mg of Gaba and 8mg of Sub under the tounge at noon, 12 hours later I swear the Gaba is still going cuz the TV and shit looks all brighter and kinda relaxed,just nice, but not high....

:D before the phenibut kicks in your panic attack might go away keep some xanax on hand i abused gaba b agonist's and gabapentin lyrica a for 7-8 years now and they are shitty drug's to be addicted to. Specially the gaba b agonist's changed a lot of things in my life for the worst that year's of opiate abuse did not. Any way to the guy above gabapentin stops baclofen and phenibut w/d better then benzo's and the other way around they are interchangeable and that is not just my opinion also everyone's that abused both. skull what dose of sub are you on ? i just dropped down to 4mg and I take it every other day sometimes everyday. Should I drop to 2mg's ? what do you think? this is my first time being addicted to sub i used to just abuse it once in a while and did other opiate's. Sorry not hijacking the thread as your question has been answered.

why do you guys says gaba is the worst to be addicted to? I am scripted and been taking it and always feel "fine". never see/have any problems whether I take my 1600MG/day or I up it to 2400-3200MG/day. this is w/ my 8MG suboxone/day. never any problems and been on these for the past 6 months.

why do you guys says gaba is the worst to be addicted to? I am scripted and been taking it and always feel "fine". never see/have any problems whether I take my 1600MG/day or I up it to 2400-3200MG/day. this is w/ my 8MG suboxone/day. never any problems and been on these for the past 6 months.

Suboxone is mostly giving your body enough relief to mask/hide any w/d from gabapentin.

yea, no.

I can't mask benzo W/D with alcohol just because it manipulates GABA. Yea, different GABA receptors but it does not always work that way, I can assure you.

I think it is sometimes hard to answer these questions b/c we all respond differently- when I was prescribed benzos and then didn't have any alcohol did work and I didn't have WDs. But my benzo use was pretty low in comparison to some people- like 1-1.5 mgs of clonazepam a day at that time.

BostonBrownTown- I live in the boston area as well (about 45 minutes outside Boston by car) and have also heard the word "johnnies" for gabapentin :) I didn't think of them as really abusable until I went to state prison where people who were "cheeking" them were selling them for like a few bucks a piece due to drugs being scarcer (not non-existant, but like unless you are someone who runs things you can't get opioids everyday- I was well liked and had some money so I could get them 1-2 times a week; they just aren't around). I used to get 5-8 of the 800s from a friend in there who gave me a good deal. When your brain is pretty much clean as in no dependencies or high tolerances for some reason they are pretty euphoric. When in WD from opioids or some other drugs they help make the WDs a lot more bearable.

My sister just recently got her license as a nurse practitioner and she said they are thought of as being abusable to a MINOR degree- usually addicts abuse them only when nothing else is around or they aren't using anything else.

you can feel something from them if your completely sober, id rather just drink a beer or take a shot though, gabapentin and phenibut both are semi... high quality phenibut can be nice though

and he tried to anyone limitless forte? I take and I'm happy. Energy and reduces miserable. One tablet, and works somehow powders and dosage always irritated me.

BostonBrownTown- I live in the boston area as well (about 45 minutes outside Boston by car) and have also heard the word "johnnies" for gabapentin :) I didn't think of them as really abusable until I went to state prison where people who were "cheeking" them were selling them for like a few bucks a piece due to drugs being scarcer (not non-existant, but like unless you are someone who runs things you can't get opioids everyday- I was well liked and had some money so I could get them 1-2 times a week; they just aren't around). I used to get 5-8 of the 800s from a friend in there who gave me a good deal. When your brain is pretty much clean as in no dependencies or high tolerances for some reason they are pretty euphoric. When in WD from opioids or some other drugs they help make the WDs a lot more bearable.

My sister just recently got her license as a nurse practitioner and she said they are thought of as being abusable to a MINOR degree- usually addicts abuse them only when nothing else is around or they aren't using anything else.

oh, I know you can feel them if you are "sober". but who wants to be COMPLETELY sober, ya know!? lol. not me, man. I wouldnt be MYSELF if I was completely sober but who knows, maybe one day. I am the closest I've been to completely sober in years.

Yeah, I know what you're saying- I can feel them and do feel "good" to a degree when I take them and have just been on my suboxone for a little bit (but as people say with benzos maybe it is more the relief from anxiety) but don't think I could go without anything so I could feel the high I did when I was in prison. I would probably end up on dope everyday before that.