• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin help...

You are talking about generic Neurontin, right? I'm sorry, I was taking it for nerve pain and at 100 mg. TID, I must have missed any fun. I DO KNOW that a high dose, higher than 300 mg a day, can cause your hands and feet to feel like buzzing balloons that are basically useless and it can screw with your sight, which I didn't get back. BE CAREFUL.

The truth is though, prescribing patterns indicate much higher dosages are more common. As high as 800mg 4x per day is not unheard of. You probably won't catch a buzz with anything less than 1g honestly. I don't encourage extreme doses, but that's just how it is.

Typically if you only used two days with a stretch in between doses it should work.

For me things like food would make it not work but soda and monster drinks alone would make it profoundly better. Just my two cents. And I'm just now seeing the damaging results of abusing gabapentin. I now have pain in my legs that maybe caused by my back but when I would abuse gabapentin the next day my legs would hurt so bad.

I love the high it gives me but I can't keep abusing it. I'm an ok fan of opiates but if there was anything I could have it would be speed but I don't go down that road anymore.

I still take both subs and lyrica but not to the extent i was..i use lyrica when i can get it which is a couple days a month and il use subs probably a little less than half the time at 1mg doses..it helps with my cravings so much and i dont see the point in living in constant pain and anxiety assosiated with PAWS..i have a job ,a car and a place so my life is pretty stable but without the subs i just turn into a different person..a drug seeking nervous wreck..

i have been on them for 8 month now and at the year mark i wanna make a change and reduce my dose to .5mg.at 6 months i went down from 2 to 1mg,which still held withdrawals back just took some of the "high" i would get for a few hours after a dose..i wana start taking it orally also but im addicted to snorting things and i get subutext so it makes snorting a breeze so i cant bring myself to stop..gotta love addiction :|

have a good day :D

hey :)

im on a mega dose of 8.4mg at the moment, I was on 10mg but I've reduced. I take half by mouth and snort the rest. I know I shouldn't and I don't know why I do it, I just do. I feel that it works better for me this way. Paws are a bitch, I find the gabapentin helps my paws but it's just a shame tolerance to it is high and u can't use it every day because of this reason, I had a two day break took 1.5g yesterday and it worked a treat. I find I can do two days on run of it and then I need a few days break. Addiction is just awful but at least we all got each other on bluelight to help one another. :) :)

Typically if you only used two days with a stretch in between doses it should work.

For me things like food would make it not work but soda and monster drinks alone would make it profoundly better. Just my two cents. And I'm just now seeing the damaging results of abusing gabapentin. I now have pain in my legs that maybe caused by my back but when I would abuse gabapentin the next day my legs would hurt so bad.

I love the high it gives me but I can't keep abusing it. I'm an ok fan of opiates but if there was anything I could have it would be speed but I don't go down that road anymore.

Yeah I find soda and a fatty meal helps it along, but yesterday I simply had a glass of pure oj, and three hours later it hit me like a ton of bricks, I only took 800mg for pain yesterday, wasn't expecting nothing from it and didn't for three hours, went to my cousins christening and bam!! Couldn't even have an alcoholic drink as I felt that scatty from it, strange drug.

I was was just looking for general information on it as my rehab doctor told me that there had been a few deaths recently due to it, he didn't mention the dose they died from or I don't know if he was telling the truth, I just mentioned my gp prescribes it for my nerve pain and he told me to be very careful. I always thought it was a really safe drug, so just goes to show.....

There were few deaths "due gabapentin" here too this spring but autopsies had shown there were other drugs involved also. Only death in my area due just gabapentin was caused by "over 32 grams" dose. It can happen but it requires much more than therapeutic doses.

Lyrica (pregabalin) related deaths are more common over here as it is prescribed much more often and gabapentin is often acquired from internet pharmacies.

Please be careful sweetie I got a pretty bad lyrica (which is gabapentin big brother, same drug basically just stronger mg by mg)habit after using it every other day with a small sub dose to stay off opiates..I was taking 2 mg sub dose then the next day 600mg of lyrica..back and forth.thought I would save tolerance to each so it would be easier coming off subs

u take it for pain that's good but it gives u that euphoric high that can put u right back in the addictive cycle and out of maintence..it's a drug that I would use on weekends to go out or a high besides the subs to start with but then I basically got hooked on subs and lyrica..the withdrawal isn't as bad I'd say as opiate or benzo withdrawal but it has a little bit of both in it which makes it just a pain to deal with..great drug tho it's in my top 3 right behind opiates and mdma

tolerance almost goes back to zero after a week..not fully like those great first times with all drugs but enough to keep your dose low..overdoing it too much does nothing..after a certain dose u won't get any more recreational value, just odd side effects..I would wake myself up by my back twitching and bending backward if I took a high dose (1g) Of lyrica.also would wake up and piss sleepwalking right in the bedroom ..freaked my gf out.try convincing someone your sober after that..restless back syndrome and sleep pissing8):|

stay safe %)
I'm curious if you could tell me when you were taking the 1.2g 4x if you experienced much cognitive side effects from the gabapentin? It's known to inhibit thrombospondin in the brain which is very important for synaptic formation and neurotransmission.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867409011854

I absolutely experience cognitive impairment. Memory problems as well as memory loss. Inability to learn or retain new information. However, when I go back to school in the fall, I always dramatically reduce my dosage and those side effects subside. They dont call it morontin for nothing ;)

Its akin to being on benzos in terms of how retarded it makes you.

Im probably on track for early dementia.

There were few deaths "due gabapentin" here too this spring but autopsies had shown there were other drugs involved also. Only death in my area due just gabapentin was caused by "over 32 grams" dose. It can happen but it requires much more than therapeutic doses.

Lyrica (pregabalin) related deaths are more common over here as it is prescribed much more often and gabapentin is often acquired from internet pharmacies.

why would people acquire gabapentin from Internet Pharms if they are being prescribed lyrica? It's more potent isn't it than neurontin? Here it's the other way round, they won't prescribe lyrica as much. It's a big drug in our prisons at the moment.

why would people acquire gabapentin from Internet Pharms if they are being prescribed lyrica? It's more potent isn't it than neurontin? Here it's the other way round, they won't prescribe lyrica as much. It's a big drug in our prisons at the moment.

I don't think he was saying that people that are prescribed lyrica, are opting to buy gabapentin online, instead of taking their prescription. I think he was just saying that lyrica related deaths are more prevelant, because it is prescribed more often.. But yes you are right, mg for mg, lyrica is more potent, and just reading threads about the two over the years, it seems the vast majority of BL'ers prefer lyrica.

- Hopeless 7nos

Lyrica deaths from overdose from the drug alone? Is that possible? I don't think that anybody would have access to that much from their prescription. Are you talking about behavior-related deaths from being under the influence?

I just started taking Gaba today; it was prescribed for nerve pain that I've had since my last hip operation. I've never taken it before, so thanks everyone who posted on this thread, now at least I know the best way to take it.

I'm curious if you could tell me when you were taking the 1.2g 4x if you experienced much cognitive side effects from the gabapentin? It's known to inhibit thrombospondin in the brain which is very important for synaptic formation and neurotransmission.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867409011854

This is super interesting. I've had bottles of 800mg gaba given to me and been through some turmoil so I've taken a liking to them. Used to do lots and lots of benzos which I felt was much more serious of an issue for me personally. I go through periods where I take maybe 1600mg every weekday take saturday off and pop 4-5 x800mg on Sunday with some booze. No long-term side effects that I've felt or that have been comparable with benzo tolerance/depdenance/mood issues after being on them for a while.

Super interesting drug. I think it'll get very popular eventually. It's a softer alternative to a benzo that you can't abuse (I agree w/ other posters that it's a waste to do a ton). Though, I will say that bioavailability be damned and you have some to "waste" or "spare," when I've wanted a fun night in, I've def done maybe 15-20 800mg's and you get an hour or two of absolute bliss mixed with a cushion of well-being until you eventually just fall asleep by accident. Would definitely recommend.

Also, it does interesting stuff w/ special K. Balances out coke comedowns (up to a point), and just helps w/ stuff.

Edit: Also, I've realized that people I give it to are never familiar with it and they either feel absolutely nothing or have the most pleasant high they've had in a long time. Very little in between, and some people tell me repeatedly they get nothing from it. I wonder if it's a chemistry thing with different types of folks. Or a mental thing. I usually have this moment where I have to consciously check back in on myself after an hour and think "hey, is that the gaba" for me to actually feel it.

The "strangeness" of Gabapentin (Neurontin) and other Gabapentinoids - Pregabalin (Lyrica), Phenibut (OTC) etc. - is that compared to many other commonly used substances, tolerance is like instantaneous, as you've described OP. One high-dose Gabapentin usage is enough to practically double your tolerance if used the following day and by my estimate it takes 3-4 days for tolerance to completely reset; that's after just one use. It's generally the same deal with the other two I mentioned. They just aren't as effective if taken consecutively, day to day.

However, if use sparingly, they're pretty effective. I happen to really appreciate the effects of Gabapentinoids, especially when I'm in Opioid withdrawal. They can really make the difference between a hellacious experience and a bearable one. The truth is OP, that if you want to get the most positive benefit from your usage as possible, you need to not use Gabapentin or like drugs for consecutive days.

I'd also be curious to know how much Gabapentin your using when you do use. The dosage makes a pretty big difference, as the previously mentioned tolerance can cause dosages to escalate near-exponentially super quick.

That's false information you're not helping harm reduction one dose doesn't double your tolerance the next day with gabapentin . You could really harm someone who takes double the dose only on the second day . I took GABA 300 mg first time it's been weeks past 300-600 still does the same exact thing doesn't take 3-4 day break not true