• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

From 90mg adderall to 50mg vyvanse!!! WTF!

30mg is equal to 8.8mg according to one of the sources posted above.

That's because of the way it is released. Slow amounts very slowly, and then suddenly it dumps it off and it peaks all at once in your blood stream, and then the effects last for a good 12 -14 hours)

vyvanse because of the way it is metabolized can vary widely in the way it is experienced person to person

Actually the hydrolysis action yeilds stable levels from patient to patient. Although there is some fluctuation, it's minimal.

- HS

^This is true, although there would be some variation in the time it takes for the lysine to be cleaved from the d amphetamine molecule from patient to patient, and the d amphetamine would be metabolized at different rates too, depending on the individual.

I would think each person metabolizes it faster right? I'm 6ft 255lbs on testosterone and HGH. I also was used to 30mg addy IR 3x per day. I can tell that vyvanse lasts longer than addy IR but not even close to what the studies say. If I take an addy IR it's usually sublingual so I absorb it better. Takes about 30min for me for it to full kick in and feels very weak about 60-90min later. With 50mg vyvanse in about an hour I get just a tiny bit of energy and at about 90-120min I feel it at its peak and I have energy for about 2-2.5hrs then starts getting weak. So really it only gives me energy about 1-1.5hrs more than addy IR.

http://www.secinfo.com/d12Pk6.v9Ac....nfo&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

The charts demonstrate that lisdexamfetamine and the way it releases d amphetamine, although it does have a slower onset, does maintain similar blood levels.

The prodrug to the active drug occurs within two hours and then all of the dextroamphetamine is converted by then.

But that dose is maintaining a constant blood level that equals the dosage of the vyvanse. I was just pointing that out. Maybe that's what the dr was thinking.

^ OP, click on that link and scroll down to the graphs from the study. The NRP104 is code for lisdexamphetamine (Vyvanse). Basically the charts show that lisdexamphetamine actually provides quite similar plasma level kinetics as the equivalent amphetamine (Adderall) dose, maybe having a slightly slower onset and slightly longer duration, but as you said, definitely not what the popular opinion is. I will repeat myself, using the data from that study, if you were on 90 mg Adderall (67.5 mg d-amp) daily, then to achieve similar plasma levels (read: effects), you'd need to take about 150 mg lisdexamphetamine, but maybe spread into 2 doses per day (2x70 mg for example).

You said that dosing 50 mg twice a day provides relief for the time frame that you prefer, which also supports my idea.

Last edited:
^ OP, click on that link and scroll down to the graphs from the study. The NRP104 is code for lisdexamphetamine (Vyvanse). Basically the charts show that lisdexamphetamine actually provides quite similar plasma level kinetics as the equivalent amphetamine (Adderall) dose, maybe having a slightly slower onset and slightly longer duration, but as you said, definitely not what the popular opinion is. I will repeat myself, using the data from that study, if you were on 90 mg Adderall (67.5 mg d-amp) daily, then to achieve similar plasma levels (read: effects), you'd need to take about 150 mg lisdexamphetamine, but maybe spread into 2 doses per day (2x70 mg for example).

You said that dosing 50 mg twice a day provides relief for the time frame that you prefer, which also supports my idea.

I would not recommend dosing twiced a day, but rather taking two doses at once. By taking two doses twice a day he's risking insomnia due to the long duration of the lisdexamfetamine.

Thanks guys. I don't have insomnia because my 1st dose is at 7am my 2nd dose would be around 11am and I go to bed around 11-12.

I'll tell you though I kinda miss the borderline psychosis feeling from the L-amp. I have a good balance now but I'll miss those days of taking a big injection of testosterone suspension, railing 30mg addy and blasting some old Lamb Of God on the way to train! ;(

Yes correct but I feel like absolute shit when it wears off. When using the addys usually every morning(7am) I would feel awful until I took one. Last addy was 1pm so I am def withdrawing after 18hrs of no amps. People say there are no physical sides but I don't believe it. Not only did I feel exhausted I also had body aches like the kind you get from the flu. Ever since vyvanse I still feel exhausted when I wake up but no more aches/shitty feeling. I'm assuming it's bc I still have very small amounts of d-amp still in me opposed to before when I probably had none.

^ no, it's very good that we went through all the aspects of this here, because it furthered my understanding of lisdexamphetamine pharmacokinetics, most likely provided you with some useful info, and anyone reading this later will also find a lot of useful data. Yeah, 70:30 sounds about right, and is in agreement with that other study.

I have been in and out of consciousness on 1,4-butanediol too all this time, so we're in the same boat in that sense, LOL.

Lol great I'm glad you are busy learning all this info....if you are studying to become a pharmacist chemist or doctor

Actually the hydrolysis action yeilds stable levels from patient to patient. Although there is some fluctuation, it's minimal.

- HS

stable levels do not mean an equal experience.
different people are effected differently by different uppers.
for example me -- I've done 120mg adderall and hardly felt a thing, certainly no euphoria or much of anything pleasant, just slightly speedy. but vyvanse ...I'd take vyvanse over everything (stimulant wise) but the very HIGHEST quality IV shard, I love it.
other people say they don't feel much off vyvanse no matter how much they take but adderall gets them super buzzed.
reports vary widely.

Does anyone know if Adderall extended release works on the same timeframe for everyone for the extended release part of it? What I mean is it typically says the first dose last 3 to 4 hours and the second dose kicks in around four hours later. I know that everyone can absorb it differently as far as the amounts go but is it normal for everyone to have the time released part of the medicine kick in at the same time which would be four hours?

Thanks. I have my appt in 2weeks. I guess you can't prescribe more than 70mg vyvanse per day. I don't think that will cut it for me. He may give me 70mg vyvanse and one 30mg adderall XR or he may make me stay at 50mg vyvanse and add the adderall XR. If my only option is 70mg vyvanse and nothing or 50mg vyvanse and 30md addy XR I think I'd be better off with the 50 and 30

Only problem is I think the maximum allowance to 70 mg per day I'll have to ask him. Hopefully he can do something. Thanks