• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

From 90mg adderall to 50mg vyvanse!!! WTF!

I used cabergoline at .5mg 2x per week for about 7 years straight. When I got blood work on my prolactin my levels were less than zero and even after stopping cabergoline after seven years they remained less than zero for about three or four months but they are finally in normal range now. I wonder if it caused any permanent long-term side effects. I don't need to use any of those drugs anymore because I don't use steroids that increase prolactin anymore.

Pramipexole is nasty stuff if you take even .1 mg more than normal It can cause you to get extremely tired and fall asleep then two hours later wake up with an extreme burst of energy and it can cause a lot of flu like symptoms. I never liked that one.

P.S. I looked at the "dirty drug" link and didn't see cabergoline there.

I was puking at the toilet, but also had a boner at the same time. Weird ass drug for sure.. I took .5mg though, didn't know I should taper up VERY slowly.

Great links. Appreciated! Been reading for a couple of days now.

I'm not so scholared in this field, could you indulge me by explaining your comment in layman terms? I'm not sure if I understand it.

Also, reading up on the review of LDX, it seems like my experience of different day-to-day functioning are more likely to be caused by cormorbide diagnoses, rather than LDX absorption being affected by diet++. Very valuable information for me, as I'm now getting more and more certain I need supplementary medication to deal with non-ADHD symptoms, rather than further increase the LDX dosage.

Sorry, I missed this.

So I think you know LDX is a prodrug that is intrinsically long acting and combines lysine with d-amp. Early work suggested the cleavage of lysine occurred either in the intestines or the liver but this seems incorrect. A series of papers (I will link) did a pretty thorough job debunking this and have shown the breakdown occurs enzymatically within red blood cells. It still, afaik, isnt fully worked out exactly how, but it did seem this process may become saturated at higher doses (originally thought around 150mg). But the high dose study I linked showed that up to 250mg of LDX still produced d-amp in quantities that reflect the higher dose. And pretty consistently within individuals and among patients.

You have speculated, Pallyress, that 70mg is too low and really a function of Shire erring on the side of caution. Well, this is evidence that not only will doses over 3x the max produce the expected d-amp, but the safety profile is very good with only slightly more elevations in HR, BP etc. up to 150mg and not too many more all the way up to 250mg.

So the conversion of LDX to d-amp persists up to 250mg and its pretty safe. Now, is it more effecacious at higher doses is all we need.

thanks, great explanation!

Really looking forward for more research on Vyvanse, I absolutely love it compared to methylphenidate.