• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Frankincense Is Psychoactive

You put burning resin under your tongue ?

As i understand, it must be inhaled. This is only way it is taken. The exact method is by placing various pieces of Boswellia Resin (real resin not cheap frankincense sticks) on burning charcoals in a clay incense burner - they then put their keffiah over it to inhale however much it is that they inhale. Allot of smoke seems to be coming from the burner. It has a definite effect. Read the study i posted.

Yup, why you too pussy to try?

Obviously not.. I placed a chunk of resin in my mouth, crushed a bit with teeth then held it sublingually to see if anything happened. I’m normally sensitive to psychoactives but didn’t feel a thing.

Maybe if you sit there inhaling copious amounts but idk about you I’d prefer to stick with psychoactives that require minimal dosage. The less I need to inhale the better.

-GC

Yea except it has literally been proven to be psychoactive. Keep in mind psychoactive doesn't necessarily mean getting high, the term isnt synonymous with Euphoria. For example, CBD is psychoactive but produces little in the way of Euphoria or hallucination - clarity of the mind is unaffected. It is powerful tho as it reduces anxiety. Not to say this has no potential for Euphoria by any means, i only took a small amount and got a definite alteration in perception. Nas, what do you mean the modern Boswellia tree ? is there an old model of the tree or something ? like a Boswellia 1.0 ? Its the same tree.

As for nobody smoking Frankincense in the middle east, iv explained already that it is inhaled and has been in various customs over the millennia (both for religious rites and as medicine - as with the Chinese). It is still done in Omen, Arabia, Yemen ect. Im not in the mood to give you a history lesson here, so il refer you to Google or a Library. More on how it improves cognition and so on

Fuck...man u give me historian lesson?That's my university past...blah-blah.bullshit.Sorry,but are u dumb?.I tell you-,months&months i personally prepare the insence mix in the church.It's no psychoactive at all.....and i have tried various different high quality frankinsence..this is one of most notorious&rich monastery in the country.People came here from all over the world......fuuuuuuck.ignore.

Last edited:
Frankincense is used orally at high doses all the time. It's a popular arthritis remedy, usually sold in the USA as Boswellia. You can buy it anywhere. Activity ascribed to boswellic acids.

Frankincense essential oil is also used, albeit less frequently. It smells nice, and I've read that the sesquiterpenes cross the blood brain barrier. I've never noticed or heard of any intoxication from it, and I've gone through at least a bottle's worth. Psychoactive? Perhaps. Intoxicating? I've never seen any indication.