• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

found bottle of 9yr old DARVOCET

xivixive

Bluelighter
found a bottle of 60 DARVOCET from december 2008. dosage is 100mg propoxyphen / 650mg apap.

what the fuck is this shit?

any use to a person with an opiate tolerance who usually doses like 100+mg of oxycodone?

dosage advice? CWE possible?

thanks y'all

Darvocet doesn't do shit brand new much less 9 years old. Ive heard that Darvon ( the opiate in in ) by it self in a large enough quantity can get you off, but that's just hearsay. Don't waste your time with the shit. Its garbage.

You could still try it if you wish even though they have lost potency and for fucks sake do a CWE so you don't destroy your stomach and liver.

I've never tried this drug but I think I've heard it's like tramadol in the respect that some people find it completely useless and some people really love it.

I thought propoxyphene salts were not very soluble in water? Or am I incorrect?( too lazy to google)

Tramadol doesn't do shit to me, either, but ive known a lot of people who love it. I have yet to meet one person who has gotten anything out of Darvocet.

It was found to be about as effective as aspirin, as a painkiller.

Plus it was removed from the market b/c it was deemed an unsafe drug. It just sucks generally-speaking.

I came across a bottle of darvocet a few years back. I noticed good effects off taking 2 pills. I had no tolerance tho, cuz I was barely using dope at that time. I only noticed real effects when I was able to relax and just let it kick in. Probably similar to a codeine or tramadol high. Just barely noticeable. Only when you can sit around and let it kick in.

When I've taken it before with a dope habit, I would take 5 of them and not feel anything. My withdrawal symptoms were held a bay though, but no high.

After 9 years of just sitting there like that, I would imagine that they lost their potency being wayyyy expired. As mentioned above, I would do a CWE on them because I bet they are all overridden with aspirin. Yuck

Be safe man.

I looked into it, apparently it's the napsylate salt that is pretty much insoluble in water. I don't know if most darvon/darvocet type preparations contain the napsylate salt. If it does contain this particular propoxyphene salt then u can forget a cwe. I'd say just forget them entirely, they are a very poor example of an opioid imo, as is Demerol

Propoxyphene made me very, very sick one time when I tried to "abuse" it, so I would tread lightly.

They're worthless, even if you have no tolerance.

If I had a bottle of those, I wouldn't even give them away, I'd just trash them.

Propoxyphene made me very, very sick one time when I tried to "abuse" it, so I would tread lightly.

I had Darvon-N on 2 separate occasions for minor pain and both times i got so sick i threw up for hours and even busted blood vessels in my face. Propoxyphene gave me no euphoria at all, caused night terrors that where awful and felt shit for days after. Not only that but (Dextro)propoxyphene is a very toxic drug that accumulates in your system causing cardiac toxicity and seizures. There was a good reason this drug was taken off the market.

In short flush it nothing good ever came from this drug. In fact it's the only Opioid i would not accept for free.

What he's saying, when doctors bother with a small duty opiate painkiller here, they go for Empracets (30mg codeine/300mg apap) 80% of the time. Even Nucynta and BuTrans patches is used more than what my uk and aussie friends outside this forum love so damn much, Tramadol, and they throw it to people who are on Effexor or Cymbalta and that whole family of SNRI's, Effexor's molecule is almost the exact same as Tramadol, which doesn't come by itself, only those yellow 37.5mg Tramacets which tasted and smelled funny the one time I tried it out of curiosity, the doc was asking me if I could endure something until the next morning without pain meds and I said oh I'll try this new thing (was back in 2007) I read about in a magazine, Tramadol? I hear its as strong as codeine but much less addictive (its such bullshit, but it's bullshit they believe, until I guess they get to see a lot of people with SSRI/SNRI discontinuation syndrome with an opiate withdrawal on top for good measure, heh. Shows they have shitty doctors in the NHS, but the fact that the Ministry of Health of the WHOLE COUNTRY in Australia in the capital Canberra needs to receive a fax from an aussie doctor who he's putting his patient on those generic 5mg IR Dexamphetamine pills they have, here it's provincial ministry doctors who rather be bureaucrats than actually work their own field who approves payment under the prov government's own laws, that's one of the big advantage I see if I have to endure not having my own country like you buddy, the confederation > federations, big time.

I found a few of those gelcaps of Darvon, not even Darvocet, I guess that's good?. Anyway, a typical dose of Darvon is equal to 660mg of aspirin in pain relief if I remember the (well sourced) wikipedia entry about that. The time I found those in some old pantry that hadn't been opened for maybe a decade in a shack...gotta explain northeast QC culture, people normally, still can, but one day will not thanks to Reagan destroying America's solvency and this will hurt us when it goes pop. Most people got a secondary house, we call 'em "chalets" but without the France french accent you'd hear like on South Park were they to say Chalet (which would be hilarious because when Trey Parker imitates pretentious stereotypes of Europeans (which the UK is btw, you brexit idiots, when I hear a british person speak french, they sound exactly like the french, and they tend to look the same, especially scandinavians, larger foreheads or something, I'm just babbling now so I'll stop.

One thing I heard that is interesting of Darvon, propoxyphene itself in Darvons was just powder in a gelcap, exactly like say a Temazepam 15mg or 30mg capsule. I heard how if mainlined it was close to methadone in strength, it's in the same subfamily of opioids ain't they. I advise against doing that a lot, especially even thinking of attempting this with 9 year old Darvocet because of the tylenol, the tylenol as usual used to prevent the med from being dosed in worthy doses (best example is codeine, when the strongest IR codeine pill is 60mg and there's no more pure 60mg pills, there's Empracet 60's though with 300mg apap. I don't feel why I need to explain why the presence of APAP makes it worse, but also, even if you managed....just eating it was rolling a D100 and if you got 1,2,3,4 then you'd experience elongated QT, like what methadone can cause and how when I was on methadone, they gave me an electrocardiogram after effort (running on a treadmill) and also an echocardiogram analyzed by a cardiologist almost instantly and then every 3 months I had to go take an EKG to see if my numbers (it's actually a number you gotta be under to be safe) were good. Never had issues with my heart when on methadone. Propoxyphene or Dextropropxyphene (which brand is which?) can do it to you when taking a couple naproxen 325mg would provide better painkilling.

Yeah, my neighbor died last Summer and I was helping clean out her unit, found a bottle of these from about 2006. Wasn't expecting much but it did "hold" me for a few days without heroin. Seemed about as useful as tramadol in that regard.

this is a new one for me - i've literally never heard of darvocet.
i don;t think we get it in the UK - or at least it was discontinued so long ago i've never come into contact with it.
is it weaker than codeine?

@keeping

Yeah you guys still have dextromoramide (Dimorlin, Palfium and others), phenazocine (Narphen and Prinadol), dipipanone (Diconal, Pipadone and Wellconal), piminodine (Alvodine), propiram (Algeril), anileridine (Leritine) and alphaprodine (Nisentil). Although all of these are barely prescribed at all, they might manufacture about 5000 tablets of each in the UK, you still have really kickass opiate painkillers.

We had Darvon/Darvocet in Canada, so likely you had it in the UK too, doctors ignored it here, like they ignore tramacets too, basic short term pain relief is usually Empracet 30's like I said (codeine 30mg/300mg APAP), unfortunately DHC is illegal in Canada, I managed to get some from a UK friend a couple times, a couple boxes of Paramols which I made a CWE on, I loved it, I loved even more then 120mg DHC Continus, wait, no it was the dose over that, I had 120mg DHC Continus mailed to me by my british friend, but he had the highest dosed ones, I think it's 200mg? or 180? Anyway, easy to crush. DHC is a lot more dreamy than codeine, codeine is like bam you're asleep to me, when taken in adequate doses...220mg+, there's no middle, there's feeling very little under 150mg, in between 150 and 200 there aint much difference. I was prescribed CodeineContins (a canada only thing) 150 and upped to 200 later, DHC would be so much better, it worked strangely, even if codeine is supposed to work only once a day, crushing a couple 200mg codeine-contins would work for a good 8 hours. Taking 3 of them without crushing was great too.

But yeah, I only read about dextropropoxyphene or propopxyphene...is there an old med that was just propopxyphene? Anyway, I think they switched to dextropropoxyphene because the levopropoxyphene (Im sick of writing in that long word) was the part that made Darvon worth shooting up back in the day, in the 90's, an older friend of mine told me. Which just reminded me, I have to visit him in the hospital, i only went once, he abused cocaine a fuck lot in his 20's, he's huge, motherfucking huge, all coke dealers are picked for their scary factor, but he's cool, but right now his heart is giving him trouble, he's like 6'8 340 pounds, and he has to lose some of those pounds, he's having an actual emergency liposuction and had a triple bypass done on his heart. He would smoke freebase all day every day and eat oxycontins 160's when they were around in the late 90's, then the 80's and 60's, he was well connected is all I can say. But with time he stopped everything except a little alcohol since it helps the heart, but, he passed out drunk eating in a KFC with his girlfriend and 2 kids.

So yeah, kids, if you find Darvon (not Darvocet, don't IV those either cos duh, tylenol in them), don't go and shoot the powder inside the capsules, most dangerous thing you can do, your heart will go batshit with the QT elongations, I don't know the symptoms of QT elongation but I know it can be very deadly if not taken care of in time. If you MUST do so, have someone with you, sober preferably, at least not on opiates or psychedelics to watch over you. It's not a 100% certain it will happen but I'd wager to say a 20% chance it will happen.

If you find Darvons, get rid of them, like I said, a Naproxen 375mg will be more efficient in painkilling, You will not get euphoria from them either, unless you IV, and you've been warned.

@keeping

Yeah you guys still havedextromoramide (Dimorlin, Palfium and others), phenazocine (Narphen and Prinadol), dipipanone (Diconal, Pipadone and Wellconal), piminodine (Alvodine), propiram (Algeril), anileridine (Leritine) and alphaprodine (Nisentil). Although all of these are barely prescribed at all, they might manufacture about 5000 tablets of each in the UK, you still have really kickass opiate painkillers.

cheers for the reply obliv - sadly a few of those you've listed are no longer around :(
palfium was discontinued in the UK in 2004 due to its addictive nature - its only available in the Netherlands now,
phenazocine was taken off the market too in 2001, and i'm prettyy sure piminodine is gone too

you guys don't get DHC? and we can just walk in to a pharmacy and ask for it (with a bit of persuasion that is).
and ta i will be avoiding darvocet, if i ever come across it, which i probably wont