• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Former Athiests, What Changed Your Mind?

I hope yall laugh. Laugh at His jokes. Cuz no one has a sense of humor like the Lord. Seeing you have picked me apart. Since you trust science. I have a life changing faith. In what Soloman wrote that is so interesting. God put eternity in every man and woman's heart. They supplement with all of other pleasures which won't truly satisfied. Damn I've said that now I'm blue in the face. When my eyes where opened. That's when my conversion begun. Some go to church everyday Sunday or Wednesday and they give their tenth but Don't see how lost and blind they really are. I'm in a Nuclear war with Satan. But I'm the one with the bombs. Satan was completely crippled when Jesus finished and finished perfect.

I hope yall laugh. Laugh at His jokes. Cuz no one has a sense of humor like the Lord. Seeing you have picked me apart. Since you trust science. I have a life changing faith. In what Soloman wrote that is so interesting. God put eternity in every man and woman's heart. They supplement with all of other pleasures which won't truly satisfied. Damn I've said that now I'm blue in the face. When my eyes where opened. That's when my conversion begun. Some go to church everyday Sunday or Wednesday and they give their tenth but Don't see how lost and blind they really are. I'm in a Nuclear war with Satan. But I'm the one with the bombs. Satan was completely crippled when Jesus finished and finished perfect.
Just out of interest, what are your views on dinosaurs? Did the devil put them here?

I thought you said "Satan can only do what God Commands".

I'm glad you found something to believe in and I hope its made your life better, but you're coming across like a babbling maniac in this thread.

How in the world can you prove to me we have been here that long. You can't. Its a crux. You simply say technology can detect but that's so lame. Cuz the only thing I trust is God. I've seen Him. You will call me a liar but truth proven right by all her children. Look you can't see the Gospels cuz Christ hasn't revealed it to you. What I will say tho. You won't have any excuse. You'll own your sins. No matter how far you run it ends somewhere. I don't want that 4 you. I want you to live. Science cannot even prove itself. The creator fine tuned this Universe in such a way that the wisest of fools is foolishness to God.

There is fully 100% verified proof that humans have been around for millions of years and that the planet has for MUCH MUCH longer.

Bull shit. You can rely on your fallible wisdom. I know who Governs the
Universe. How do you know this theory. Cuz man made technology told you. This argument has no fruit. Cuz you can't convince me that man has every answer. Yet we evolved in the data sense but we will never one up like Hitler thought the Aryan race would. Still there's this nagging question. What will you not give up 4 God? What tempts you more then wanting Him. Cuz in all honesty it boils down to the heart. Which is desperately wicked. Who can know it. Still
God won't shut up cuz He's getting to yall some way or other. His Word will not go back to Him void. Either save or condemn. Become His Bride and know what Truest Love is.00

Bull shit. You can rely on your fallible wisdom. I know who Governs the
Universe. How do you know this theory. Cuz man made technology told you. This argument has no fruit. Cuz you can't convince me that man has every answer. Yet we evolved in the data sense but we will never one up like Hitler thought the Aryan race would. Still there's this nagging question. What will you not give up 4 God? What tempts you more then wanting Him. Cuz in all honesty it boils down to the heart. Which is desperately wicked. Who can know it. Still
God won't shut up cuz He's getting to yall some way or other. His Word will not go back to Him void. Either save or condemn. Become His Bride and know what Truest Love is.00
The beautiful thing about science is that if you're skeptical about some theory you could always look at the scientific evidence yourself that led to that theory being accepted. Unfortunately the same thing isn't true about religion...

Don't get me wrong. I loved science. I was so intrigued by it. But then came my drug impulsive days that led up to Me nearly dead. This is why I cannot go against Him. My eyes have seen His. Their the most piercing eyes you can imagine..I'm sorry that most don't get that and it's sad truly. Jesus said blessed are those who have not seen yet believe. Your reward is much much greater then mine.

Don't get me wrong. I loved science. I was so intrigued by it. But then came my drug impulsive days that led up to Me nearly dead. This is why I cannot go against Him. My eyes have seen His. Their the most piercing eyes you can imagine..I'm sorry that most don't get that and it's sad truly. Jesus said blessed are those who have not seen yet believe. Your reward is much much greater then mine.
Call me crazy but maybe you seeing god had something to do with those "drug impulsive days"...

The beautiful thing about science is that if you're skeptical about some theory you could always look at the scientific evidence yourself that led to that theory being accepted. Unfortunately the same thing isn't true about religion...

Exactly. Science is verified fact. Not only is there ZERO fact or evidence of a god - or gods - or for ANY religious, there's nothing logical or rational to even vaguely suggest ANY of might possibly be true.

This is definitely either drug-induced and/or a delusional disorder.

Look before you call the kettle black observe your own delusional nights taking LSD and mixing it with X. Cuz to be honest. Yes I fell off the wagon after 18 yrs of sobriety cuz some dumbass was to keep physically threatening me 4 nothing cuz he thinks he's hard. I was so stressed out I relapsed and the pain of the T bone. Still no excuse. Later on in life I'll own it somehow. I'm already having that I hate that I'm this way feeling. Still no one has the right to threaten anyone. And I was the 1 thrown outta the house cuz of my Christian theology.lifes unfair. God will be so fair even we will be astonished.

Cuz you can't convince me that man has every answer.
Noone said he does.
Still no one has the right to threaten anyone. And I was the 1 thrown outta the house cuz of my Christian theology.lifes unfair.
Longing to have been a fly on the wall, tell us more.
Do unto others as you would have othes do unto you.
Did you listen to their beliefs and give them equal credence or just talk about your own?
Think back to before God revealed himself to you, how would the old you have responded to your posts?
Would you have needed more evidence that this one guy is special, different, with God's gift of sight and knowing? Or would you have said, "Ok then if you insist, I'll give my whole life towards your beliefs, why not?"
Just saying, maybe looking from another viewpoint would help you connect your message in a more constructive and convincing way.
On the other hand there is nowhere like the internet to get a bit of unsolicited advice on everything under the sun, so go ahead, speak your truth, why the hell not?
Fire and brimstone isn't the most fashionable, but each to their own.

You all are a trip. Its like I'm sitting here debating a theology class. I don't doubt yalls intelligence. You just won't convince me of no God. I probably won't convince you of Him. You have to experience this for yourself. Until this happens it will always be grasping at straws.

You all are a trip. Its like I'm sitting here debating a theology class. I don't doubt yalls intelligence. You just won't convince me of no God. I probably won't convince you of Him. You have to experience this for yourself. Until this happens it will always be grasping at straws.
I was never trying to convince you there is no God. I have no motivation to do so and even if I did I know it would be a fool's errand.

I was just trying to get you to think. Making broad statements like "science is flawed" but presenting no evidence to back that up is just weak.

You say you believe the dinosaurs died in a flood. Why? There is evidence of a huge flood that covered a significant portion of the civilized world (not the entire earth) but that happened long after dinosaurs went extinct. There is definitely evidence of the asteroid that wiped them out:

I'm just suggesting that you back up your claims with something. For instance, there are a couple of pieces missing from the evolution puzzle. I am bothered by some unanswered questions even though the preponderance of evidence supports the theory. Do some research and you might strengthen your argument.

i was actually thinking pretty hard earlier about how god appears for some people and if others try to have the experiences that people that believe in god try to have they might not come to them. it's like god is too lazy to make everyone believe, or god gets off on watching people with a skeptic attitude claim others have mental disorders and stuff.

like for me to think there isn't a god, even on the anti-psychotic meds i'm on, i still get teary eyed and the feeling like i'm trying to contain uncontrollable laughter... like they have that coldplay song "birds come singing from the underground to tell you where it all began." and that old song "birds the word", i found truth in it. like even before that coldplay song came out, i believed in god with birds and animals. they just seem so symbolic and begin to speak... like i remember getting the first limp biscuit album and thinking about how fred durst screams "god i love you." i got to really thinking about it and there was a crow outside my window, like unnormally close to the window looking in staring at me. it stayed for a few minutes and i felt like we communicated. i thought maybe it was listening and observing the music. even before i started doing drugs and in a time when i wasn't even really expereincing schizophrenia, i took it as a sign... also the singer of the music project the microphones phil elverum, he has an album out called "a crow looked at me." it's pretty profound to me. like he must have some belief in the crow looking at him, a lot of his music is about the universe...

i was thinking that birds or animals effect some people and they find god. it's like the person is blessed. like god just doesn't want to bless everyone for some reason... i wouldn't take any offense to it if god doesn't bless you. it might just like your confused attitude or something. i've thought a lot about this. i wish i could just post that "bird is the word" and everyone's lives would be profoundly changed.

I was never trying to convince you there is no God. I have no motivation to do so and even if I did I know it would be a fool's errand.

I was just trying to get you to think. Making broad statements like "science is flawed" but presenting no evidence to back that up is just weak.

You say you believe the dinosaurs died in a flood. Why? There is evidence of a huge flood that covered a significant portion of the civilized world (not the entire earth) but that happened long after dinosaurs went extinct. There is definitely evidence of the asteroid that wiped them out:

I'm just suggesting that you back up your claims with something. For instance, there are a couple of pieces missing from the evolution puzzle. I am bothered by some unanswered questions even though the preponderance of evidence supports the theory. Do some research and you might strengthen your argument.
Spontaneous generation is the missing link..