Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Foreigners buying/using in Thailand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceShab

Greenlighter
Ok i have heard from a few people about the risk's of buying/using drugs in Thailand. Long story short, how real are these risks if a foreigner is buying gear..

Is it better to stay clear of the drugs there?

In a country like that I'd stay clear of drugs no matter what the risk :p just not worth it.

I know that if you know someone from the area,or get to know them ,then the risks are pretty low,but otherwise, it's kinda risky to mess with heroin there these days, mostly they are into Crystal Meth and YABA pills,which are flavored methamphetamine pills for smoking, Yaba meaning =crazy medicine..I am unsure whether you mean heroin or meth by gear ,I'm an american so I dunno which you mean,but both are there in quantity, but it's best to find weed and opium to do and bribery works there 90% of the time,other 10% of the time it gets you into more trouble.I was in Thailand ,Laos,Burma in 1998 or around then and I found a guy there who spoke English and Thai,and we went up to northern Thailand/Burma border region and got cheap but very pure #4 white powder heroin and some opium, and some good hash ,but we used it there in the area,and now I would be afraid to go to that area with him and anyone,and the citys are risky also,but if you visit a hotel in Thailand,then maybe ask a hotel employee guy if he can help you out..

Very risky indeed. If you're caught with gear, or yaba, you could be looking at 40 years min. With up to a year on remand even before your court appearance, at which, your case could be adjourned repeatedly for up to two years before your sentenced.

Avoid at all costs.

Cambodia is the place for gear.

I ment ice/meth/. Thanks for the info, yeah i think ill just keep an eye out make sure it aint a setup. From what ive heard is the dealers over there alot of the time sell you out to the corrupt police for kick-backs.

They'll show a picture of you one day with a kilo, then the next day hanging from tree.

I ment ice/meth/. Thanks for the info, yeah i think ill just keep an eye out make sure it aint a setup. From what ive heard is the dealers over there alot of the time sell you out to the corrupt police for kick-backs.

This definately happens, particularly in places like Koh San Rd, Bangkok, and the full moon parties in Koh Phagnan. very risky. the problem is, you will not know if you are being set up or not. Pretty much it will just be some Thai dude on the beach offering to sell you something, or a motorcycle taxi guy. You buy the drugs, and either you are arrested by that person because they are a cop, or you are followed to your hotel, and the police arrest you. I wouldn't buy off someone who works at the hotel either, because they know where you are staying, and so the police can get to you easily if they dobbed you in.

I have used drugs in Thailand, but I had some friends who were long term residents there, so it was much less of a risk. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it. The risks and consequences are very high. For possession of ecstacy (1 pill) you are looking at a 50,000 baht bribe, which is a bit under $2000. And you need to be able to organise the bribe too. Doesn't always happen. A friend of mine who speaks fluent thai was arrested for possession of 3 grams of weed. He was detained for over a month before the trial occurred. At no point could he secure a bribe, even with his proficiency with the language, even when he said he could get them $5000+. He ended up being fined after trial, has a criminal record and was deported from Thailand.

In Thailand, it is one of the sketchier countries to do drugs than in other parts of SE Asia. The penalties are high, and unlike places like Cambodia or Vietnam where you are regularly offered Ice, weed, opium, sometimes heroin, this very rarely happens in Thailand. You have to search it out a bit more. set ups are probab

Just remember methampetamine is blamed for alot of societies ills in Thailand, and if you are caught, there is a very good chance of a number of years in jail, and Thai jails are some of the worst in the world. Not worth it. I'd just stick to the booze if I were you.

Last edited:
personally no way!!
there is a show on t.v called, big trouble in thailand which shows british tourists fucking up in thailand. turned me off ever thinking of using in thailand.
mind you one guy was caught with 3,800 ecstasy pills, i mean in thailand, obviously ur gona get in shit for that, pretty sure he was killed too.

Ill just ditto what everyone else has said. Stay the fuck away from illegal shit in Thailand. When i was in Phuket i was offered nearly nearly everything you can think of and i was nah fuck that.

Not worth it unless you want to spend the rest of your day's in a filthy prison over-run with rats and covered in nearly all disease's known to man.

Ok i have heard from a few people about the risk's of buying/using drugs in Thailand. Long story short, how real are these risks if a foreigner is buying gear..

Is it better to stay clear of the drugs there?

Your not actually thinking of doing drugs in Thailand are you???? Hahaha WTF!8o

Go to Cambodia...

http://www.happyhippicambodia.com/

Very rare kind of guesthouse... Run by a wild guy from northern nsw.

His rants on his website are pretty funny

Cambodia is more drug friendly. The level of police around is miniscule compared to Thailand (there are fuckloads of police around - many of whom are just looking out for an opportunity for a foreigner to fuck up). The main drugs on offer are weed, ice, yabba (meth in pill form), opium and heroin. They are so prevelent you will get sick of been asked if you want to buy some (it really does get annoying if you get asked 4 times if you want to buy drugs when you haven't even left your hotel for a minute).

However, if you are caught the penalities are as potentially severe as Thailands, however there seems to be less of the whole buy and bust thing going on.

Also remember in Thailand and in Asia in general, the police may like to make an example of foreigners, so sometimes bribary is out of the question.

Thailand has great food, lovely people, beautiful beaches and nature enjoy that part of it and leave the drugs for Australia. If you want to be decadent you can always just hit the piss hard and bang hookers;)

Go to Cambodia...

http://www.happyhippicambodia.com/

Very rare kind of guesthouse... Run by a wild guy from northern nsw.

His rants on his website are pretty funny

This guy is a fucking retard.

Happy hippy? i don't think so.

All over his site is his beef with sex-tourism and it's all written in caps with no fucking paragraphs. How is anyone supposed to take this idiot seriously? Goin on about all his hippy shit (no doubt in my mind that he's a hippy) his level of education seems fucking low (as with most 'hippies' i know).

I can't see what is potentially wrong with sex-tourism either. So long as it's kept legit - i don't know how many sick fucks are going out fucking young girls n shit.

Stories i've heard from my mates in SEA sound wonderful. Cheap carefree times, hot girls - also cheap, that cruise around latching onto foreigners in hopes of being dragged out of the country. Sounds like a perfect get-away.

@ MrIbis

The guy is a complete fucking nutter. Ice/Smack addict and whatever else, I've seen him in many states... abusing customers kicking them out then going and getting them, abuse them for leaving... aha poor tourists. He is most DEFINITELY NOT a hippie. Maybe he was a long time ago... Pretty much a bald hunchbacked drawf aha. His rants are irrational and poorly written, I think it's kind of an example of where his mind is at.

But, I will say that I do agree with his stance on sex tourism. Not in the words he puts it though. In the same town there is an area called the 'Chicken Farm', an area just full of wooden shacks to make a brothel district. The girls are there because their families sold them, they were stolen from rural families or because a family couldn't pay back a loan etc etc. It is all very horrible. In this town you see sickeningly old disgusting horrible men speak to girls barely/if 18 so badly, push them around etc... Being forced by the madam to fuck as many people as possible in a day for $2.50 each to pay off debts or whatever.

A girl who is a prostitute in Cambodia got there by a much different route to one in Australia.

All of this though, I never really understood fully until I'd spent a great deal of time in SEA. It's not so much the sex tourism that disgusts as it is the REALLLLLLLLYYYYYYY horrible men it attracts (not just a dude paying for sex all consensual and fine, but actually horrible men).

^I guess i've heard more stories about thailand, and from what i've seen and heard the women are pretty top notch, of age and all that. Cambo chicks look pretty ratty at the best of times.

I agree, the shit you describe is fucked - and that dude who runs the cafe is a fuckin idiot.

Stories i've heard from my mates in SEA sound wonderful. Cheap carefree times, hot girls - also cheap, that cruise around latching onto foreigners in hopes of being dragged out of the country. Sounds like a perfect get-away.

lol i have a friend who's been going there on and off for a couple of year (works for a shipping company) and has recently got himself attached to a Philippino girl. we always knew he'd end up with one.

^I have absolutely nothing against it man.

Actually i do have one thing, the gold diggin bitches up and leavin poor cunts who save them from poverty and take half their shit. that's wrong.

This is completely off topic but speaking of Thai Hookers, this was mine for a week :D

MeandSllut.jpg

Anyway yea im sure anybody that goes to Thailand for a holiday can resist the urge for drugs for however long your there for. Stick to the booze - it cost's next to nothing.

the problem is, you will not know if you are being set up or not. Pretty much it will just be some Thai dude on the beach offering to sell you something, or a motorcycle taxi guy. You buy the drugs, and either you are arrested by that person because they are a cop, or you are followed to your hotel, and the police arrest you. I'd just stick to the booze if I were you.

I reckon if you are going to buy drugs in a strange place one rule should be never to buy if it is offered to you unsolicited by a stranger. If you seek drugs out through people that you meet it could still go bad but people coming up to you offering you stuff is often trouble in more ways than one, fake drugs, getting outright ripped off or even getting turned in to the police like in the stories above.

Status
Not open for further replies.