• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Foreign Drug Scenes

Dont know about the drug scene first hand but found some info about current heroin replacement therapy/safe injection rooms and Platzspitz (aka "needle park"}, the latter which is interesting from a historical perspective:

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/front/d...l?siteSect=105&sid=1008665&cKey=1012813920000

http://picturesandperspectives.blogspot.com/2009/04/switzerland-platzspitz-or-needle-park.html

http://addictologie.hug-ge.ch/_library/pdf/ISAM08Harmreductionatwork.pdf (harm reduction model in Switzerland)

http://translate.google.com/transla...oft:*:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7SUNA&sa=N&start=150

I found a good source previously discussing evolution of the drug scene which said that they were discusing legalizing cocaine by prescription as well in Zurich but I havent been able to find it for this post.

Dont know anything about the scene in Rome/Venice though

Last edited:
I'm going to Turkey this summer. *edit: whats the scene like there?*

please read what is, and what is not allowed in a thread. (guidelines and BLUA) -thizzer

Last edited by a moderator:
^ It must be just your circle of friends. Everyone I know and their grandmother smokes hash or weed, people from all walks of life too.
But thankfully meth and crack are not popular. Heroin makes up for them though.

If u come from the same country as the poster above you, as me, i'd ask..meth? Never in all my drug life have i seen around theese parts methamphtamine...
But you're right bout the heroin tho. =D

But coke? As in good coke? Srsly that is IMPOSIBLe to find anywhere in eastern europe, except if you're obscene-rich... But i guess that can depend on other stuff to.

Yeah I never met anyone who's seen meth or crack in Ro mania. Good thing too. But I've read about some people cooking meth or doing speedballs. And thankfully cocaine is beyond the financial possibilities of most people but common in the 'upper classes'.

In Paris there are a few places in the north of the city where you can get crack, H, bupe, benzos, ciggs half price and stuff like that... otherwise most of the ghettos are in the subburbs, where you can buy mainly hash/weed and coke in the staircases of "project/council estate" buildings..

drugs like 2Cx, LSD, MDMA, ketamine are mostly got in non-ghetto areas...

hows the drug scene in germany? Specifically Frankfurt if anyone has any experience? I'll be visiting for 6 weeks this summer.

^ lol are you serious. germany doesnt really have much of a drug scene except berlin. i mean an accessible/not insanely underground one.

How about Hamburg- I would imagine that has a thriving drug scene. As far as Frankfurt goes I remember reading an article comparing outdoor scenes there to some city in Italy (Turin?) What was unique is that in addition to the typical Euro street drugs, crack was big there also which was cited as something atypical by the authors. Wish I had the link.

Last edited:
^ lol are you serious. germany doesnt really have much of a drug scene except berlin. i mean an accessible/not insanely underground one.

totally wrong. i dont know where you have tried to score but every
larger city has a open drug scene where you can easily buy heroin and benzos.
crack is only available in the biggest cities like berlin, hamburg, frankfurt.

when you go to the clubs its no problem to score xtc pills, speed
and of course weed.

Hmmm... I have done drugs in just about every corner of the world by now... One of the most lucrative would have to be certain parts of South East Asia. Thailand is pretty crap, most expats there stay away from drugs, and won't even look at you if you go asking for them at a nightclub. Vietnam has heaps of great heroin, very cheap, but again, risks of punishment are high.

Laos and Cambodia are different stories though... Bucketloads of heroin, incredibly cheap coke by western standards, heaps of MDMA, and I emphasise this - tonnes of weed. Also lots of cheap, cheap methamphetamine - particularly yaba pills, which sell for like $2 in Cambodia.... There were stalls in market in the outlying areas of Phnom Penh (not the major markets) where you'd head into a large tent behind the stall and they have garbage bags full of marijuana! The penalties are not as bad in these countries, but the most important thing is that rampant poverty means that there's very little you can't pay your way out of with the police, as I have done many times. $10 to the officer and they leave you alone.

Australia is pretty similar to the US, but more expensive (particularly coke) and slightly more relaxed, legally speaking, so it's a bit more open. Street dealing is incredibly blatant in aus, with little regard for the laws or anyone that's watching. US has waaay better coke (to be expected), but I've found Aus has better MDMA pills. Bigger market for pharms in the US.

South America is everything that the cliches and stories would suggest. Europe is almost too diverse to lump into one, but wealthier countries (UK, Germany, France) are quite similar to the USA/Aus, and poorer countries generally have cheaper drugs. Spain is probably the biggest of them all for drugs - they're absolutely everywhere.

Edit: Whoever said Germany has no real drug scene outside Berlin is so, so wrong. Probably one of the easiest places in Europe to find drugs and drug takers.

Japan I have not been to, but the penalties are harsh. However, some friends just got back from a week there and had no issues finding themselves half an ounce of coke without knowing anyone on the ground when they arrived! As said previously, Japanese are very quiet about their drug use.

Last edited:
^ That's a pretty helpful post!

There are some countries where drugs aren't hard to find if you know where to go and whom to observe and approach. However, some of these are countries I don't think I'd do drugs in, just because seeking drugs there seems to force people into contact with very shady, potentially violent people, and the chances of getting robbed or attacked just don't make it worth it. Russia is the best example I can think of. Outside of Moscow and St. Petersberg, foreigners in Russia are watched with great suspicion, both by authorities and ordinary citizens. Drugs are easy to find in Russia, and not all that expensive, but getting them involves being seen associating with known 'bad people', and putting yourself at great risk. This is a very, very different situation than traveling to a well established drug tourism destination like Laos or St. Maartens.

Mainland China is somewhat similar. You can find anything there if you know the right neighborhoods and nightspots to visit. But no matter where you go and what you do in China, you are always being watched by someone, and you should NEVER forget this. Your chances of getting ripped off or sold bunk drugs in China are also pretty high.

I am interested in any info about the drug scene in the South Pacific. Started thread in Australian DD but havent gotten many responses yet.

established drug tourism destination like Laos or St. Maartens.

I got some cannabis from the french side of Island in 06' (St. Martin)- Didn't realize it was a thriving drug tourist destination but I had no problems.

Laos and Cambodia are different stories though...

Came accross Rachamim's excellent post about Cambodia in Opiophile:

http://forum.opiophile.org/archive/index.php/t-13980.html

I think that he had planned to post a continuation of this story in BL. Anyone know if he did and the link?

General info on scoring heroin on street:

http://www.heroinhelper.com/user/acquire/street.shtml

Too tired now. Try to post something about Frankfurt tommorow.

I am kind of curious about UAE/Dubai. Anyone have any experience with the drug-scene there?

Didnt some british guy get sentenced to 5 years in prision because they found some weed stuck to his shoe?( but the UK govt got him out)

You should seriously search for some articles on the net before taking drugs to the UAE. If they find even microscopic traces of even prescription drugs on you, they chop your dick off (well not really, but close).

Yeah. I heard about that, and decided I would NEVER set foot in the UAE in my life. After all, there likely are microscopic traces of marijuana on a lot of my possessions =D

The UAE is right up there with Singapore -- just NOT somewhere people who want anything to do with recreational drugs should ever grace with their presence.

fucking my lucky fuck of a brother is going to england for business
and taking a weekend trip to amsterdam :X

my unemployment claim got a lil wonky
if i dont get it by friday
i'll be
down at the pawn shop