• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

For those who know how cannabis can make you super-anxious, is there a way to avoid it? With certain drug-combining?

It’s overkill @FuckinAcidMan my friend. People need to learn from old hippies druggies about drug use, more does not mean better. THC being the case in this instance. Kids overkill it, and I laugh. Did the same thing when I was a kid. But nobody listens wisdom (unfortunately,) they have to earn it. Then they will be wise and teach it to the next idiots (who will not listen to wisdom.) So Mote it Be!!!

Wizard
would you say that you advocate for microdosing with psychedelics rather than going for breakthrough doses?

Probably like 35-200 mg depending on the user's tolerance if we're talking about smoking. Like 10-100 mg if we're talking about oral ingestion. All these edibles people talk about being like 300-500 mg of THC and I'm just thinking it has to be marketing because these people aren't usually heavy users and their experience at those dosages in reality should be quite unpleasant. It's an overdose. At around 100 mg of THC ingested orally shit gets pretty fucking weird and borderline uncomfortable for me and I smoke cannabis pretty heavily on a daily basis.

All of my numbers are just based on estimation regarding the strain, it's general THC percentage I can find on the web, the amount of material used and how high I feel lol. Even then my self experiments are coming out at way lower numbers than the marketing hype I see surrounding the black market (and even supposedly "legitimate") cartridges and edibles with their high numbers and lackluster results.

Benzos probably work most effectively, but there's the rub: you'll probably never want to smoke cannabis again without taking benzos, and perhaps you'll find yourself appreciating their effect so much that you start identifying other "intolerable" situations in your life that cry out for the smoothing-over that benzos provide, justifying their use on more and more occasions...

I had a hard time enjoying cannabis too, and an ex-pothead friend told me that it could in fact be overcome by just smoking everyday for a week or so in escalating doses, pushing through the angst and paranoia until you reach the point of acclimation that you can simply enjoy the pot. This intrigued me, but I never could commit to forcing myself to consume a dysphoric drug repeatedly just so I could enjoy it down the road... not when there were so many other [less benign] ones that felt good the first time and every time, at least.

Benzos probably work most effectively, but there's the rub: you'll probably never want to smoke cannabis again without taking benzos, and perhaps you'll find yourself appreciating their effect so much that you start identifying other "intolerable" situations in your life that cry out for the smoothing-over that benzos provide, justifying their use on more and more occasions...

I had a hard time enjoying cannabis too, and an ex-pothead friend told me that it could in fact be overcome by just smoking everyday for a week or so in escalating doses, pushing through the angst and paranoia until you reach the point of acclimation that you can simply enjoy the pot. This intrigued me, but I never could commit to forcing myself to consume a dysphoric drug repeatedly just so I could enjoy it down the road... not when there were so many other [less benign] ones that felt good the first time and every time, at least.
When I was younger I just smoked fat bag after fat bag until I no longer felt the unpleasant side effects from strong THC heavy cannabis, so yeah it works, but it's not really a healthy way to suggest acclimating to cannabis.

TBH it's not too different from how lots of college age american 20 somethings "get used" to drinking by binge drinking heavily until they are almost dependant, and then begin to crave/enjoy alcohol. Getting addicted to a substance is definitely one way to learn to appreciate it. It's just with cannabis it's more a mental game than alcohol's physical endurance test.

Having other substances in me (even downers) enhance the psychedelic properties of marijuana which can be great or painfully inducing extreme anxiety and feelings of impending doom. Marijuana is an odd substance. Sometimes its mothers milk. And sometimes it's mothers open hand slap.
For those who know how cannabis can make you super-anxious, is there a way to avoid it? With certain drug-combining?

Like my friend had the same problem and smoked some heroin before to calm down first before smoking some weed. I've used dxm to calm myself down first but are there no techniques to alter the anxiety completely?

Without any aides it paralyses me with fear. I'd like to use it but is there any other way?

Smoke some CBD with your THC. It balances the high, takes away some of the negative effects of high thc flower.

CBD weed forsure get something with at least 1%cbd, and don't smoke an insane amount or all the time that makes it worse imo

Salutations Aeon Psyche,

...cannabis can make you super-anxious...

Maybe if you just paid attention to the numerous self-vilification factors now associated to cannabis then this might help to find a hint (or 2...), instead of joining the Wall-of-Shame simply to repeat blame imposed as a statement in your title, which is as obsolete as the "science" of John Warnock (Abbasiya Asylum, Cairo/Egypt) in the Victorian-age era.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

CBD helps me absolutely fuck nothing, so....There is no shame in searching for a decent combination. For example, on DXM i find a few bong tokes quite pleseant but as within a solitude void of mind without a combo it is a very different experience. I smoke left over leaves from cannabis i grew myself and find myself in a pleseant state but i cannot bare much. To avoid it completely is offcourse the easiest choice like when i want to get something done i just take my benzos but together such is no help whatsoever. Them dishes will wash themselves. : /

Hi again Aeon Psyche,

There is no shame in searching for a decent combination.

Absolutely, the Wall-of-Shame i refer to actually denies such a quest as it apparently resides in a durable disinterest for "Harm Reduction" content, which is the contrary to what i initially assumed when i registered as a member. As i recall this period corresponds to a time when i was already trying to discuss the consequences resulting from choices relative to consumption method and ritual, so to render dialog possible a "Prototyping Platform" was suggested to those searching after some challenge to get involved to. That's how the years pass in vain, awaiting for a member who's willing/ready to acquire a perception of his own using a common tool as reference. Then it should prove easier to describe vilification vectors under their numerous forms, once put in evidence at the 1st-person... But i regret to admit the main echoes that got received seem to express more preconceptions than curiosity.

I smoke left over leaves from cannabis i grew myself and find myself in a pleseant state but i cannot bare much.

Well, maybe that's a hint about dosing; that's a start but you also mention smoking it, not to mention i'll bet the genetic selection is one of 2 extremes. The cigarette/"joint" method gives no choice to avoid mixing noble molecules with toxic/self-poisoning combustion compounds. In exhange you get convenient disposal of a 1-time container tube made of wood fiber and glue, but to ignite it some sacrifice must be assumed which has dosing and hence possibly even economical repercussions. In both cases an excess of dose and bowl size/weight constitute vilification vectors eventually also aving effect in terms of "tolerance"... Consequently i'm also thinking of a consumption profile shaped in roller coaster fashion.

It's not all too easy to pick the correct wording, for example i find "Harm Reduction" less than suitable and most specially in days when we're supposed to have cannabis legalized. So i'm equally reluctant to make a comparison with alcohol but i still find useful to do it as a short-cut: alcohol, who's educating teenagers and young persons to it by supplying a 40 oz bottle to all those who volunteer and no drinking glass for anyone? I mean, proceeding like this would only promise to systematically expose vulnerable individuals to substance abuse, while in fact it's the consumption method that goes defective, then the ritual as well. Unfortunately such degree of confusion turns into unforeseen routine when we switch to cannabis, because a full "joint" has plenty of doses promoting abuse already. Now imagine when the THC:CBD ratio and "entourage effect" get severely twisted by selective human intervention driven either by greed, bigot prohibitionism or both. Which denies kind of early all convenient access to alternatives ranging between 2 extremes - and i ain't even brought the matter of "bio" vs mass production leaving "traces" with boosted toxicity behind! ... Then somehow we're supposed to be surprized and blame the substance alone for multiple vilification.

😑

To avoid it completely is offcourse the easiest choice...

For who? Yourself or those self-serving predators actively interfering (almost religiously...) in the affairs of others by boosting vilification ways until we all give up?

:unsure:

IMO we better not await for the "Drugs-Free World" warriors to fix our consumption methods & rituals. Let me just say i fixed mine and yet most of the adversity came from my own side... Which takes us back to the Wall-of-Shame.

...dishes will wash themselves...

IMO a need to "T-Break" combined to an urge to clear the kitchen obviously provides a hint it's about time to learn to recognize vilification vectors, seek them and then fix them. To help decide where the devil is hiding exactly. In addition have you considered the consumption method + ritual may feel anxiogenic intrinsicly? If so how about a placebo dimension of ritual, etc?

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited:

Like my friend had the same problem and smoked some heroin before to calm down first before smoking some weed. I've used dxm to calm myself down first but are there no techniques to alter the anxiety completely?

Without any aides it paralyses me with fear. I'd like to use it but is there any other way?
two ways ime both involve drugs one is addictive one is not, I recommend the none addictive one take them before you do cannabis

Opiates(addictive) take a hour or two before and smoke when your peaking you gotta forget about weed until the peak no matter how much urges you get the weed won't run away anywhere

promethazine(not addictive) these kick in amazingly fast they must be very soluble with stomach receptors take these half hour before you will already feel relaxed and a lot less anxious unless you have a rare had reaction when you smoke the cannabis it should be a lot smoother than normal and not as anxiety inducing.

Bonus - promethazine and opiates(very addictive) this can be done in to ways you have the promethazine half hour before or wait to see if you have any nausea of twitchiness from the opiate and take it then the relief is nice this way and the cannabis will taste like heaven you will probably have a nasty habit of you keep this up if you do it in moderation you will have an 'afterglow' and this will allow you to get some effects back if you smoke a spliff, however take it slow because if you have to much\to fast it can over ride the afterglow and you will get anxious again.

There are of course other options with more addictivness or less benzos come to mind, the above are just based on my person and limited experiences/knowledge and how I personally cope I also find coffee to be a good anxiety killer which is weird but I also have coffee before I go sleep which for some reason makes me tired and relaxed me or it helps me focus and kills anxiety which helps me relax similar to cigarettes there are literally hundreds of different ways not all of them involve drugs their are physical optionz, exercise, jogging, press ups anything that uses your body muscles and effort in a short window.

Oh yeah just wondering mate do you spin your weed do you mix tobbaccoo with it I do and I find it I put to much tobbaccoo ratio more than 50/40 it makes me anxious and nauseous let me know I've been smoking since I was 15 and I'm 21 now

alcohol might help also forgot about that one but again it might be to much/more hassle then it's worth I thin can't of anything else

OH! WAIT! There is the hash option hash is 100% smoother less anxiety driven and ten times cheaper then cannabis it's like comparing heroin to dhc hash kinda looks like heroin to if you get the right one I told my ex when she found my heroin that it was hash but I had to pretend to be a tight arse and not give her any good times lol

I think hash is your best bet bro it's the same thing as cannabis anyway only problem it might be hard to get its hard to get round here unless you know a rare guy with it my old weed dealer and friend always had unlimited hash and cannabis I just walk in and he would weigh it out in his plastic cup that he tethered with the scales

Would you say a very low dose of some benzo, something like 0.25mg of alprazolam or something like that, if you don't want benzos some codeine maybe? I have generalized anxiety disorder with panic attacks, for some reason weed helps me a lot with my anxiety, although I take other drugs too .. they would be nothing without the herb, I suppose we are all different

Would you say a very low dose of some benzo, something like 0.25mg of alprazolam or something like that, if you don't want benzos some codeine maybe? I have generalized anxiety disorder with panic attacks, for some reason weed helps me a lot with my anxiety, although I take other drugs too .. they would be nothing without the herb, I suppose we are all different
Benzos are to addicting to be used for something like this from what I have heard anxiety would be the last thing on the original posters mind after a month on the daily although his anxiety would be 10x worse I'd rather take alcohol at least it's easier to obtain just smoke hash man fuck the hard addictive drugs you can get just as much of not better high off cannabis and hash if you don't smoke them daily as soon as I started smoking weed daily instead of just weekends when I was in school it lost the magic the only time I got high if you can call it that after moving to daily was from the first spliff of the day it was common for you not to share your first spliff because you wanna smoke to go your face to get best high sometimes you got some really good northern lights, blue cheese, grapes etc that you would still get buzzed on but apart from that it was like a typical drug addiction, a mugs game it was just fiendin g for a spliff 'fix' some people might laugh but I say to them you haven't tried the weed in Nottingham it's so good quality their it's to good/strong i remember when I moved away and I horrible scunk withdrawal but somehow managed to go without for 6 months and man the first sport I had was like the first time I tried it again cannabis is so under rated and over rated by different people I've had my best high of my life from cannabis, mind I was on codeine as well I can feel that high now just from the memory.. Fuck it I put it away until tomorrow but I'm having some more smack I can't resist now talking about it.. I got plenty anyway and plenty of cash hehe hehe hehe hehe ;)

Oh and ever since that 6 month break I have kept my cannabis tolerance tiny by only rolling little spliffs as im naturally a lightweight at base tolerance level compared to most I also avoided and avoid bongs as they reck ya tolerance... Tolerance where your not getting high anymore just feeling normal can cause anxiety.

Benzos are to addicting to be used for something like this from what I have heard anxiety would be the last thing on the original posters mind after a month on the daily although his anxiety would be 10x worse I'd rather take alcohol at least it's easier to obtain just smoke hash man fuck the hard addictive drugs you can get just as much of not better high off cannabis and hash if you don't smoke them daily as soon as I started smoking weed daily instead of just weekends when I was in school it lost the magic the only time I got high if you can call it that after moving to daily was from the first spliff of the day it was common for you not to share your first spliff because you wanna smoke to go your face to get best high sometimes you got some really good northern lights, blue cheese, grapes etc that you would still get buzzed on but apart from that it was like a typical drug addiction, a mugs game it was just fiendin g for a spliff 'fix' some people might laugh but I say to them you haven't tried the weed in Nottingham it's so good quality their it's to good/strong i remember when I moved away and I horrible scunk withdrawal but somehow managed to go without for 6 months and man the first sport I had was like the first time I tried it again cannabis is so under rated and over rated by different people I've had my best high of my life from cannabis, mind I was on codeine as well I can feel that high now just from the memory.. Fuck it I put it away until tomorrow but I'm having some more smack I can't resist now talking about it.. I got plenty anyway and plenty of cash hehe hehe hehe hehe ;)

Oh and ever since that 6 month break I have kept my cannabis tolerance tiny by only rolling little spliffs as im naturally a lightweight at base tolerance level compared to most I also avoided and avoid bongs as they reck ya tolerance... Tolerance where your not getting high anymore just feeling normal can cause anxiety.
Well .. I am addicted to benzos, the most addictive drugs .. agh, also to opiates
Still I love weed, it's my first love haha no weed right now and no money :( send me 5 dollars man hahaha
I will never recover the magic from the first times, I have been smoking maybe 7 years
I have a lot of tolerance ... although I can't get high with weed like 5 years ago, it still works perfectly, it calms my anxiety

Well .. I am addicted to benzos, the most addictive drugs .. agh, also to opiates
Still I love weed, it's my first love haha no weed right now and no money :( send me 5 dollars man hahaha
I will never recover the magic from the first times, I have been smoking maybe 7 years
I have a lot of tolerance ... although I can't get high with weed like 5 years ago, it still works perfectly, it calms my anxiety
same I've always loved weed but I do think it is a gateway drug but 4 months ago before then I always praised it as harmless but it ain't it's a line you cross that brings other lines to cross if I didn't cross the line I would not be in opiates maybe the same can be said about you? I'm also a opiate addict I moved on to heroin a year ago because the pills were just to expensive and I had to take ridiculous amounts the withdrawals were bad then.. So you can only imagine what they are like for me now plus I have a diagnosed chronic pain condition on here I won't say what because I will get the bluelight armchair doctors diagnosing me and patronising me that I 'don't need opiates' because a couple of druggies know better then a professional 25 year veteran doctor ha.

sorry to hear about your benzo habit on top of opiate that must suck I can barely afford my habit so can only imagine, what that's like what are benzoes like what would they bring to the table if I started taking them? Keeping in mind I take heroin and weed and any other opiates I can get my hands on I take promethazine to I'm mentioning that because it does to me what benzoes do for others and more including getting rid of opiate nausea and malaise they help me sleep, eat relax(if I got my gear fix and don't have to worry about withdrawal they do help withdrawal though) and best of all they ain't physically addictive like insidious other drugs they are kind of mentally addictive in the way that they are so damn good and effective drug they relax help do all those things above and are great that kind of addictive heck promethazine even feels good when you are coming down off it because you feel or heavy and have to take your time I've always had a thing for sleeping pills cus I'm a fidgety person I have a habit of making others around me anxious around me because I can't just relax and sit still but when I have tablets like these I can I can sit still and relax my body language like a 'normal ' person

It's good to meet a brother anyway I always like talking to anyone who does the same drugs as me I usually always learn something new what opiates do you take/have took?? How long to if you don't mind me asking

-save the drama for your mama-

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to abuse cannabis when I was a teenager. By the time I was in my twenties, I was smoking a quarter pound per month. One day, like a light switch, my brain changed the way it interprets it's chemicals. To this day, ~15 year later, I still cannot handle it. Perhaps if I override it with benzodiazepines or opioids, I can handle it to a degree, but a dependence to either of those chemicals is a nightmare. You may have to face the truth, that as much as you enjoy cannabis, it is simply not for you. That was a hard pill to swallow for myself. I like everything about cannabis except for it's psychological effects. I still grow it, still appreciate the plant, yet I have to approach it from a different light. Be smart about it, above all else.

1) Don't run for the bus while high; it increases your heart rate which has already been increased by the weed itself but running will make your heart feel like it's gonna explode and induce a panic attack
2) Valium.