• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

For those who know how cannabis can make you super-anxious, is there a way to avoid it? With certain drug-combining?

Aeon Psyche

Bluelighter
For those who know how cannabis can make you super-anxious, is there a way to avoid it? With certain drug-combining?

Like my friend had the same problem and smoked some heroin before to calm down first before smoking some weed. I've used dxm to calm myself down first but are there no techniques to alter the anxiety completely?

Without any aides it paralyses me with fear. I'd like to use it but is there any other way?

I was just informed today that kratom can help with the anxiety. Benzos of course too. But kratom is OTC.

For me, it's all about the situation. You can't smoke weed when depressed or in a bad state of mind - it potentiates that. You need to be in a good mental space, take like, literally one or two solid hits, and ride it out. You may have underlying anxiety issues that weed brings out in you.

But don't force it. Maybe weed just isn't for you.

Don't over-think. You may find it weird if you smoke outside for e.g, you may began to shake. Depends.

I was just informed today that kratom can help with the anxiety. Benzos of course too. But kratom is OTC.

For me, it's all about the situation. You can't smoke weed when depressed or in a bad state of mind - it potentiates that. You need to be in a good mental space, take like, literally one or two solid hits, and ride it out. You may have underlying anxiety issues that weed brings out in you.

But don't force it. Maybe weed just isn't for you.

Thanks. That explains my situation quite well. Kratom is a bit to weak for my brain and I took many months to ride out my benzo tolerance without any help so I'll never get myself addicted again. I guess I'll try to resolve my issues first. But I'm too fucking scared of "torture psychedelic" ayahuasca.

I would maybe try edibles, start low and work your way up kind of like alexander shulgin did with PEAs but with 2.5mg, 5mg, 10, 20, 40,60 and so on. I would also look other cannabinoids along with thc such as CBD or CBN. I would try CBN as it might be a bit better for anxiety prone people.

You could also use a vape pen or try lower temp dabs.

IMO the anxiety is often initially caused by the rise in blood pressure that happens when one smokes.Smoking is also much more intense of a rush than other routes of administration which can be a bit overwhelming. edibles for some are much milder or spread out, or even more of a sleepy body high when an edible is a bit high on the CBN side.

Of course you can solve just about anything short term with the right combination

Cannabinoids are just as worse. Except URB-597. That was milder in giving me anxiety but the high was weaker, less pleasant and shorter. I might try CBD somewhere these weeks.

I would say smoke less, smoke less throughout the week and also try less amounts when you spark up.

Honestly i don't really know much though, i don't get anxious from drugs at all really. Sometimes on weed/psychs but i just laugh that shit off and all is fine (i have to be really fucking fried).

How much do you smoke?

Nothing anymore. A small toke is enough to make me sick. Only in combinations can I tolerate it.

Yeah, sober, I have PTSD, social phobia. Most other drugs make me calmer. Shit, I started all my drug use because of wanting to relax and get rid of the fears.

Yeah, sober, I have PTSD, social phobia. Most other drugs make me calmer. Shit, I started all my drug use because of wanting to relax and get rid of the fears.

Shit i would suggest something such as benzos (which you've probably already tried i'm guessing) , but in all honestly i don't think they help anxiety at all.
Just something for the government to make money out of as a temporary solution for some people.

Maybe low dose edibles, or cbd but i've never experimented with cbd-only buds/products so wouldn't have a clue, it is claimed that it reduces anxiety though.

I'm probably not being of much help, i've never really experienced what you have.

Salutations Aeon Psyche,

I'd like to use it but is there any other way?

Is there any other way than self-vilification when a person tries cannabis for the 1st time?? IMO we all initiate ourselves the bad way before there's even a chance to try/discover something different.

For starters the cigarette/"joint" consumption method invites/promotes excessive dosing if you're alone and won't resist the temptation to see the end of a 300 mg fatty...

Then there's the extreme THC/CBD ratios people still get exposed to, including from "legal" retail stores (as in my canuck province anyway).

Next, while talking about going "legal", lets not forget H.-C.'s list of 100+ Pest Control Pesticides (...), combined by the dozen by LPs as savvy spray soups which very few guys can hope to properly characterize unless they're equiped like NASA and blessed with a juicy budget (individual concentrations may be declared officially safe and yet their multiple toxicities actually multiply). So, never mind turning whole populations into guinea pigs since the long-term toxic synergy effects just ain't ever been documented, especially for chronic users. E.G. we must now patiently wait for social pressure to build up until our "elites" are eventually forced to react in favour of public health it seems.

In any case when you do light up make sure your TV and radio are turned off as public paid propaganda is designed to make you feel bad many times a day, including between 2 ads and even worse if you're a compulsive zapper... So i'm afraid you may have to breed your own "bio" genetics (if allowed), find a proper consumption method then still need to accept perhaps it came from your own physiology all along.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Like my friend had the same problem and smoked some heroin before to calm down first before smoking some weed. I've used dxm to calm myself down first but are there no techniques to alter the anxiety completely?

Without any aides it paralyses me with fear. I'd like to use it but is there any other way?
I stick to indicas if I feel like I'm prone to anxiousness at the moment. Maybe get a heavy cbd hybrid?

shit man i take klonopin and gabapentin it works wonders i started smoking wax shatter alot more no buds in a week just wax so its just all about you but i take benzos but not safest route ~! T.B.H

Use a vaporizer, avoid just straight up smoking it, as the dosing is less predictable and the toxic shock that comes from smoke itself if you are a nonsmoker can cause your fight or flight shit to start coming online so to speak. Also just lower the dose man. Weed and hash are a lot stronger than they've been, it only takes a little bit to get you feelin it nowadays. And maybe have a beer or small glass of wine or a relaxing tea like chamomile or valerian root.

If you get paranoid using cannabis, it seems counterintuitive to continue using. These days we have high THC and very low CBD. This can cause paranoia and psychosis as some studies suggest.

Did you use to enjoy cannabis? If so, consider trying lower THC and higher CBD strains first, before you introduce another drug into your system.

I am a pothead, and this new ultra high THC content dope causes me anxiety and makes me wish that I never did it.

For me, CBD helps with the anxiety that THC produces. I hate that new ultra high THC cannabis. More THC is not better. Marijuana plants have always been better than a chemist extracting the psychoactive substances. Nature is better than a lab. This rings true for most drugs.
So you don't like being a bit confused and sweaty, with overwhelming sensory enhancement lol? (I kid, I feel like there's plenty of reason to not want that out of just smoking some grass, but I'm [somewhat] young and for me and alot of people that is now the "standard" concept of being high, and most enjoy it.)