• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

for those that smoke daily...

do you worry about cancer? other smoke related illnesses?
No, as George Carlin says "Everyone needs a little cancer, it keeps you on your toes". And no, I smoke Marlboro 100s, so if I'm worrying about any illnesses, it's cause of those damn things.

do you find you are sick more often?
My sinuses act up a lot, and I catch the occasional cold, but I'm never really that sick..

do you find you have a decreased level of stress?
Yeah, I'd say so. I'm always mellowed out, so with that comes less stress.

do you take any special vitamins or other harm reduction precautions?
No, but I'm open to suggestions. What are some vitamins/supplements a daily pot smoker takes?

Only considering I picked up smoking cigarettes. So when I smoked every day, I'd have multiple cigarettes. Marijuana smoke, I don't worry about. I don't know why, but it doesn't seem to harm me. Cigarette smoke I do worry about. Occasionally.

Because I've started smoking cigarettes moreoften than I did.

Yes and no. Yes, because, well, obvious reasons. And no, because I find the need to smoke [both cigarettes and marijuana] every time something stresses me, even in the slightest bit. It's always my first reaction.

Aha. No.

jenna said:

Nope. If I smoke a single cigarette my throat gets harsh and I have to cough. Ganja just doesn't do that to me. My lung capacity seems just fine. Also, I believe based on what I've read, that cannabis has more cancer-fighting properties than cancer-causing properties. Additionally, I often use a vaporizer.

jenna said:

Only when I used to smoke once a week or less frequently many years ago. Now it seems my immune system has completely adjusted. I don't get sick more than the average healthy person.

jenna said:

Certainly not. But, I often find that getting stoned is a temporary release of stress.

jenna said:

For weed? =D

no, i have cigarettes to blame for all those. addicted at around a pack a day, on top of daily 3-5x toking.

some times i'm easier winded if thats what your asking me. but i'm not really sick more often. not seriously sick at least.

from weed. yes and no. overall i have to admit, my stress levels are lower than ever at the moment. however, at times they can be really high, and the added pressure to financially ensure weed+cigarettes can be added stress. but eh, could be worse...

i take a daily multivitamin. i grew up on flinestone vitamins, and it pretty much matured as i grew up. my whole family does it too though, so it might as well just be something that rubbed off.

So could you like scrape the resin out of your lungs and smoke it?

nope,never will.

since i started smoking daily i have been getting sick less

here and there

nope, but i plan on starting too.

-No since I have never heard of someone getting cancer purely because of pot smoking.

- Not at all. I get the normal cold and stomach flu occasionally but nothing out of the ordinary

-Just vitamin C in the morning

- Usually only when I'm high. When I'm not I can get pretty stressed at times.

No I dont but I do worry bout the lesion in my brain, they warned me not to do drugs and thats impossible:).

No. I don get sick often, very rare.

I'm happy & am a very + person (only when high on weed).

I eat piracetam (Nootropil) daily cuz my memory fucked up. I also ingest Minadex (multi vit) and eat asprin daily (for stroke).

or those that smoke daily... guilty!

do you worry about cancer? other smoke related illnesses? no not really

do you find you are sick more often? no not because of smokin

do you find you have a decreased level of stress?yes while im hi of course i do

not to reduce harm from pot! if anything weed is my harm reduction!

Not as much as I should, considering my mother had breast cancer, I cough up pure black chunks of shit every morning, smoke far too many ciggys. I kind of think that if they giver cancer patients weed, then that itself probably isn't going to fuck me up too bad. My lungs are a different story. My reasoning is if I come to grips that I most likely will have cancer/something else fucked up when I'm young, it wont be as bad when it finally happens.

Not what so ever.

It is by far my antidestressant.

Never have, probably never will. I get all the vitamins I need out of the fast food meals I consume every day. hah. :p

Carrat420 said:
Not as much as I should, considering my mother had breast cancer, I cough up pure black chunks of shit every morning, smoke far too many ciggys. I kind of think that if they giver cancer patients weed, then that itself probably isn't going to fuck me up too bad. My lungs are a different story. My reasoning is if I come to grips that I most likely will have cancer/something else fucked up when I'm young, it wont be as bad when it finally happens.

That is some foolish reasoning. Cancer patients receive medical marijuana primarily to ease the headaches and nausea from chemotherapy. If you're literally coughing up black shit, that's not a good sign at all. Lung cancer is no joke, and neither is emphysema. "Coming to grips" with the knowledge that you're not well is not going to change the fact that you're gonna feel like absolute hell when you become terminally ill.

Yes, but only from cigs. I know a good deal of people that have been smoking for 25+ years, and all of them seem to be fine.

Once again, I blame this on the cigs.

Sure, when I'm stoned...which is a good part of every day....

I always tell myself I should be taking a multi-vitamin, but I'm pretty lazy and that's drug money I'd be spending.

No, because I use a vaporizer. Hence, no smoke! And THC has never been shown to cause any harm to the body - the only harm that has been shown to occur from weed is through combustion of plant material which produces toxic and carcinogenic compounds (as is the case when anything is burned)

Actually, despite the claim that smoking weed reduces your immune system, I honestly used to get sick 3-4 times a year before I started smoking. When I turned 17 (the day of, actually) I smoked for the first time and quickly became a daily smoker. Since then (I'm 23 now), I've been sick exactly 5 times total, and 3 of those were in one bad year where I was with a lot of people who got sick often.

Yes, because I have a period of time every day where I can de-stress and lighten my mood (smoking). When I used to smoke constantly, all day every day (until I was 20-21), I found that over time, my stress began to increase. Perhaps this was mostly due to how much money I was spending and couldn't afford.

To help with brain functioning, which I would do anyway even if I didn't smoke, I take choline, piracetam, and hydergine. I also take, for unrealted reasons, a multivitamin and omega-3 fatty acids every day.