• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

for those that smoke daily...

do you worry about cancer? other smoke related illnesses?
- Yes, but more because I smoke cigarettes and I'm already pretty close to quitting weed, but with cigs. it sure doesn't look like it!

do you find you are sick more often?
- No I'm superman in this field, I never get sick for some reason (started when I was about 6)

do you find you have a decreased level of stress?
- Yes, but I've never been one to let stress get to me.

do you take any special vitamins or other harm reduction precautions?
- Umm eating lots of yoghurt/milk based products for munchies doesn't qualify, does it? ;)

Truthfuly I don't think about cancer at all.. Maybe I should.. but then again in 30/40 years there should be some pretty hardcore medical technology. I do wonder how bad my lungs look inside though. And to who asked before, I think if you do stop smoking, the tar will deminish over time.

I get the flu every couple or few months, and when I do, smoking doesn't help at all. I cough to death after a smoke, and I find if I smoke every day, it takes sometimes WEEKS to get over a flu/cold.

Only when I am stoned.. If I am dry and trying to get on or find someone holding.. then I'm stressed :)

Can't say I do.. Don't even take the prescription meds I am supposed to.

yes ? :)

yes, sometimes, but then i explain myself that i have another 20 years or so to get cancer (i hope)..

i get colds more often.

yes, but, as many above me already said, not when the weed is running low and getting more is a problem, then i'm stressed.

every day i take a multi vitamin, nothing special.

Here is a table summarizing the effects of various cannabinoids on the immune system –
http://www.nap.edu/html/marimed/ch2_t7.html
and this is from chapter 2 of ‘Marijuana and Medicine - Assessing the Science Base’ - (read it!)
‘Cannabinoids, especially THC, can modulate the function of immune cells in various ways--in some cases enhancing and in others diminishing the immune response (summarized in Table 2.7 above). However, the natural function of cannabinoids in the immune system is not known. Immune cells respond to cannabinoids in a variety of ways, depending on such factors as drug concentration, timing of drug delivery to leukocytes in relation to antigen stimulation, and type of cell function. Although the chronic effects of cannabinoids on the immune system have not been studied, based on acute exposure studies in experimental animals it appears that THC concentrations that modulate immunological responses are higher than those required for psycho-activity.’
Add to this the fact that marijuana is very high in essential fatty acids (omega 3,6 and 9) and that there are no reported cases of cancer from ingesting it and I find it more likely that a person’s tendency towards illness is a function of their nutrient levels and is independent of pot usage. Every other food high in fatty acids is considered extremely beneficial for human health (oily fish, evening primrose oil etc), and omega 3 consumption is now being pushed by the American FDA as it’s benefits have been proven. Below is a quote from another post of mine, which is relevant here also -
The body needs a constant supply of certain nutrients simply to maintain itself; without these it will deteriorate whether you smoke pot or not. If your body is fueled up and running well, it will be able to deal more efficiently with all biochemical loads.
I take the following daily:
1000mg calcium ascorbate (at least, usually 2000mg)
100mg vitamin B1
100mg vitamin B2
100mg vitamin B3
100mg vitamin B5
50mg vitamin B6
100mcg vitamin B12
100mcg folic acid
50mcg biotin
100mg choline bitartrate
100mg insotol
100mg aminobenzoic acid
500iu natural vit E
1000mg evening primrose oil
500mg amino acid chelate magnesium
1 acidophilus cap
1 hawthorn berry cap
and of course about 20 cones! And I haven’t been sick in about 10 years and no doctor can find anything wrong with me – much to their chagrin…

Don't your lungs de-resinate themselves after not smoking for awhile?
Yes if u smoke daily, after 4 - 6 months tar and resin is completely gone...i know this seems kinda low but it's according to a family friend who's a doctor....

- no i dont worry because ive only been smokin for a few years and im only 17 so i imagine i wont be smokin for more than a decade or so, and i dont smoke cigarettes, so cancer isnt really a worry for me at the moment

- no i havent had to have a day off work at all this year due to sickness

- ive not really got much stressing me out in life just now anyway so i dont know

- no

1)do you worry about cancer? other smoke related illnesses?
yes i'm little worried particulary since i've learned that weed contain a lot more of tar than tobacco (5 x in fact from a book and later i've read this in a newspaper) and i smoke cig daily (but not too much perhaps 3) so i've some reason to be worried...

2)do you find you are sick more often?
yes but not really sick if i caught a cold i'll have it all times the fucking winter during.
3)do you find you have a decreased level of stress?
not really in general ( i don't consider the "general don't care about" like a decreasement of stress), but when i smoke naturally it decrease my level of stress.
4)do you take any special vitamins or other harm reduction precautions?
no

if you read all the cancer studies carefully they only show cell abnormalities (mostly in vitro @ huge doses) and yet these never lead to cancer in people who only smoke pot. the people who did contract cancer also drank and smoked cigarettes. they are trying to make out they have proof that pot is carcinogenic, when they know that they don't.
this article has a good summary of all the conflicting research (with refs):
http://www.parl.gc.ca/37/1/parlbus/commbus/senate/com-e/ille-e/library-e/Wheelock-e.htm

i can honestly say, i know nobody who has been able to show me proof that it is a carcinogen.

jenna said:

- No, I figure I smoke bongs but dont smoke cigs so the statistical chance is slightly lower

- Only when sharing a bong with friends who are currently sick

- I was never really that stressed but yes it releaves stress.

- No I prefer a bong to a vaporiser.

Q: do you worry about cancer? other smoke related illnesses?
A: well i have asthma, and ive definatly noticed that my asthma has gotten worse, and cancer can be a concern considering all of my grandparents and my dad died from it.

Q: do you find you are sick more often?
A: not really.

Q: do you find you have a decreased level of stress?
A: definalty. i have a really stressful day, and after i smoke a bowl or two, i start from a clean slate and all is good.

Q: do you take any special vitamins or other harm reduction precautions?
A: no. prolly should tho..

Do you worry about cancer? other smoke related illnesses?
===Yes, I do, but much more so from the cigarettes than my bud. That's probably incorrect thinking, though. Both probably cause equally. 8(

Do you find you are sick more often?
===Actually, no, just the opposite. I find myself hardly ever sick, unless I'm doing coke/E/whatever else.

Do you find you have a decreased level of stress?
===A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y -- I've always used pot as a "calm down", so it may just be "in my head". But, it works for me!!

Do you take any special vitamins or other harm reduction precautions?
===Nope. Should though.

Do you worry about cancer? other smoke related illnesses?

I dont really think of cancer when i smoke but it does come up in the discussions my friends and i have

Do you find you are sick more often?

I feel sick morre then usaul around the winter break but i dont tink its because of smoking

Do you find you have a decreased level of stress?

This is one reason i dont want to smoke anymore, i know it triggers my depression and when i stopped for like a month i felt much better about myself and people around me but its all good because i love weed

Do you take any special vitamins or other harm reduction precautions?

Yes, i take vitamin c 1000 mg daily and a multivitamin, also i always drink mike everyday just to help my stressed out body, but i dont do this because of marijuana

strangely enough, nope.

more suseptable to colds and other respitory discomfort

yeah im pretty laid back, unless im taking my adderal or other amphetamines then i go like this :X

nope not really

for some reason the fact that marijuana won't cause cancer (partly due to the report I read about pesticide levels/radiation etc. in tobacco soils causing the cancer)... and partly just not givin a fuck and feelin okay in inside.

actually felt I haven't been really "sick" since I started smoking. Sometimes I might feel worse off than others but I haven't been straight up feelin like shit for days on end sick since a minute before I started smoking. Dunno if I'm really not just gettin sick, or I jus tsmoke to the poitn where I feel good and don't realize I'm ever feelin shitty?

I try to be laid back as fuck fully to decrease stress cuz I stress about everything. I feel I'm less stressed in the fact that no matter what happens usually by the end of the day I KNOW it will usually be okay after gettin high cuz I'll see shit differently and feel better.

5-htp (semi sig. difference I'd say), omega 3 fish oil, multi vitamins (sometimes 2 or 3 a day, not usually though)