• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time trying to shoot Dilaudid 2mg pills.

cadaverella

Greenlighter
So I've been taking Dilaudid 2mg pills for a while now and I want to shoot up. I've taken them by mouth, smoked, and railed them and, I'm not getting the high feeling anymore. I read some threads earlier tonight and decided to shoot a pill tonight. I first crushed the pill and put the crushed pill onto a spoon. Then, I took 3ml of water and put it onto the spoon with the crushed pill. I then took the plunger and rubbed it around to mix the pill and water. I've read on so many different threads to heat the pill so, I heated the pill. (I've seen a lot that say don't heat and heat, honestly, which is better?) No heat or heat? I then took my cotton filler and placed it on the spoon. I drew up not even 3ml threw the cotton filler. Should I use more water and how much more should I use? I made sure there were no air pockets in the needle and tied myself off. I put the syringe in and pulled the back until I seen blood inside the syringe and then, I shot up. For a short second, I felt a warm rush. I felt high for maybe 30 mins tops. Is that normal? Did I do something wrong? Can anyone give me some pointers?

Last edited:
Dont heat the pills. 30 minutes sounds about right hydromorphone is really short acting especially when IVed.

Hang on... You IV'd 30mls???

Did you blow out your vein? That is so much liquid

You wont need more than 1ml for a 2mg dilaudid.

Also please obtain micron filters.

Yes. But the cotton only allowed me to get only 20ml. It didn't seem like much. And no, I don't think I blew a vein.

What size syringes did you use 8o

Did you wet the filter first?

But seriously, you need micron filters...

Also 1ml is sufficient...

20ml... are you sure you dont mean 2ml?

Oh my gosh. I am SO sorry. Lol. Very new to this. Ok, so it 3ml safe to use? Or would you still stick with 1ml? Also, heat or no heat? I've heard so many for both, I'm confused on what I should do.

No what I mean is you used one third of a ml.

You had a half ml syringe.

No heat, definitely no heat. This dissolves the binders into your solution.

1ml or half ml syringes like you have will be fine.

Is it worth it to shoot 1/2 2 mg pill for first time, or is that a waist ?

If you are taking 2 mg orally, you are in for a real shock. This is outside your tolerance range.

Oh my gosh. I am SO sorry. Lol. Very new to this. Ok, so it 3ml safe to use? Or would you still stick with 1ml? Also, heat or no heat? I've heard so many for both, I'm confused on what I should do.

2 mg is a common IV dose given for pain in a hospital setting and would be a safe starting point for you. A 1cc insulin syringe is what you want to use. The pills are very soluble. In my experience, you can get around four 2mg pills in a 1cc syringe (using 0.8 ml’s of water). The amount of water is pretty flexible; but you want to leave enough space in the syringe so that you can pull back your plunger and register. I think around 0.4 ml’s of water would be good. For future reference, you will want 0.2mls per 2mg pill (but I would use a minimum of 0.4 ml’s even if you are only using one pill, but that’s just me).

I must have done something wrong because it did not really do much for me, however I did get that strange taste in my mouth. I am starting to think dilaudids don't do much for me.

It was mentioned that IV Dilaudid usually just gives a decent rush, and a short high afterwards. It has a very short half life, but taking it IV is the most efficient way to take it. 2mg is the common dose given in hospital settings, and i believe they use this dose even for non-tolerant individuals. My girlfriend was in the hospital for kidney stones and she was given 2mg IV dilaudid while she was there, and she did not have any tolerance. You may want to try 4mg if 2mg didn't get you to where you want to be. Someone mentioned that about 4 of the 2mg pills can fit into a 1cc syringe, so you should take note of that as well.

Also back to back shots of dilaudid are a waste because the most prominent effect from IVing it is the rush, and the rush tends to disappear if you don't wait long enough between shots. At least 3-4 hours you should wait, or else you will be wasting it. You will end up increasing your opiate effect slightly if you do it back to back... but if your looking for the rush again, you would be disappointed unless you wait.

I must have done something wrong because it did not really do much for me, however I did get that strange taste in my mouth. I am starting to think dilaudids don't do much for me.

Try 4mg and make sure you are waiting at least 4 hours between shots.

Hey, I was reading what u and this other guy were talking about, discussing shooting dilaudid. Ive done it before but that was while i was in the hospital and i had a pic line iv in my arm. when i did it then I used a large syringe and saline. all i had to do was crush them and put the powder in the syringe w the saline and then just shake it up for about a minute and it would completely disolve and I'd connect it to the pic line and inject. It gave me the best rush and high ever and took away the pain. I never tried to do it w a regular needle until now. first i crushed two 4 mg tabs and put them on a spoon and added 60 of water. i heated it. sucked it up thru a cotton w the needle and injected it. I felt nothing. then i read what u wrote and tried the same w no heat, but still i felt nothing. Also w heat or no heat, there is alot of thick white residue that doesn't suck up. is that normal? there is alot of residue left. Can u tell me what im doing wrong? I did 8 mg w heat and 8 mg with out. I should feel something! What is going on?

So I've been taking Dilaudid 2mg pills for a while now and I want to shoot up. I've taken them by mouth, smoked, and railed them and, I'm not getting the high feeling anymore. I read some threads earlier tonight and decided to shoot a pill tonight. I first crushed the pill and put the crushed pill onto a spoon. Then, I took 3ml of water and put it onto the spoon with the crushed pill. I then took the plunger and rubbed it around to mix the pill and water. I've read on so many different threads to heat the pill so, I heated the pill. (I've seen a lot that say don't heat and heat, honestly, which is better?) No heat or heat? I then took my cotton filler and placed it on the spoon. I drew up not even 3ml threw the cotton filler. Should I use more water and how much more should I use? I made sure there were no air pockets in the needle and tied myself off. I put the syringe in and pulled the back until I seen blood inside the syringe and then, I shot up. For a short second, I felt a warm rush. I felt high for maybe 30 mins tops. Is that normal? Did I do something wrong? Can anyone give me some pointers?

It does sound about right..
years ago i was doing the same exact thing, needing that rush but compromising with how little time it stays kool.
Be careful though..
EVERY time i shot Dalaudid, even though it was fine in the end.. i actually felt it go up to my head, it gave me these pains and heat in my neck and scared the shit out of me. Of course til it went away just a few minutes later and i cared very little.
To this day i don't know what that was.. Seemed like the weirdest reaction, but no.. it never lasted very long.
I was also always asked if we should heat it or not, (i was always the go to person for crap like that.. did i know? no, but the company i kept had less chromosomes) so what i did was just warm it the tiniest bit.. i also did it with cold water and to my recollection i believe warming it a little little bit released the most. Same with Morphine and pills like that, not to a boil.

Please be careful..
I don't do this anymore, but looking back i lost so much and i gave up a lot of what could have been all for these pills that screwed with my neck muscles and put me in seizure mode and all this stupid stuff.. i will always support our Blue-lighter's, no matter what road they're on at this moment. Just be careful!

dishearten

Damian pleeeeaaaaseee do not ever do that again! Don't ever back-load dilaudid(pouring the powder directly into the barrel of the syringe)! The white residue left in the spoon after you sucked it up through the cotton is insoluble fillers that are put in the pill to give it shape and size. For some perspective, inside an 8mg dilaudid there is only 8mg of active ingredient.. if there were no "fillers" the pill would be so tiny they would be hard to even keep track of (think of the little BB's used in pellet guns, smaller than that.) If you are going to shoot dilaudid, you really should use micron filters as stated above.. However, if you can't wait to get microns, at least be as safe as possible without them. Without a micron I would say to..
1: Wash your hands and the injection site
2: Crush up the pill(I usually do it in a CLEAN sheet of notebook paper), and pour it into a CLEAN spoon.
3: For a single pill, you should use about .4 ml (up to the "40" mark on a 1ml syringe) of water, and do NOT mix it with the cap!! Just drop a small balled up piece of cotton into the solution and then move it around using the syringe. DO NOT APPLY HEAT!!
4: Suck up the solution thru the cotton, try to touch the cotton/pill/solution as little as possible with your hands, the cleaner the shot the better..
5: Tie off, register(don't shoot as soon as you see red, pull back the plunger and make 100% sure you are in a VEIN), and push. If you start to feel any sort of pain or burning when you push the plunger stop immediately. If you are feeling pain, something is wrong and even if you proceed with pushing the entire shot into your body, it is very likely that you won't feel anything anyway(this is also how abscesses form).
It is very dangerous to cook your shots when you are using pills. When people cook shots of heroin it is because they are using "tar" which has to be melted down in order to dissolve into the water; dilaudid will dissolve into the water without having to be heated. When you heat dilaudid you are not increasing the potency of the shot, you are only dissolving the inert fillers in the pill, which can be dangerous to your health. Be safe, guys.

I used to do either 2 of the 4mg or 1 of the 8mg pills when I shot up.I would use a 100 unit/1cc/1ml 28ga insulin syrige.Crush the pills into a fine powder between 2 spoons.Put 90 units of water on the pills and stir (this left me with 10 units to play with in case I got a register that stopped giving.Do NOT heat the pills since it fucks up the shot and reduces potency greatly IME.Filter with a bigger filter than you would use for heroin.Use an alcohol prep pad,a cotton ball soaked in isopropyl alcohol or at least wash your injection site thoroughly.Enjoy.