• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time trying Nitrazepam - Bad to use recreationally after stims?

Temazepam and nitrazepam are both of the "non-potent" benzo group. 10 mg nitrazepam = 20 mg temazepam. But temazepam is a powerful hypnotic drug. I consider nitrazepam to be slightly more sedating than temazepam, but temazepam is more recreational and more euphoric and highly sedating itself. There is a good reason why there was a temazepam rage in Europe, especially the UK back all through the 1980's and 1990's. Not to mention, studies conducted on benzodiazepines have consistently shown it to be the most toxic benzodiazepine, killing a lot more people than all other benzo's combined in Europe. It was outlawed in Sweden and Norway for that reason. So don't tell me temazepam is isn't "strong". It is not potent on a weight basis (mg for mg), but its effects make some of the more "potent" benzos like clonazepam, alprazolam, and lorazepam seem like candy in comparison.

Have you ever read Dr. Michael Gibson's write-up on temazepam on wikidoctor? It's detailed info on temazepam right here, read it!

The most sedating benzo I have ever taken was triazolam. After that nitrazepam and than temazepam and lormetazepam tied for 3rd. Flunitrazepam #4 and midazolam #5.

The truth about flunitrazepam is that it is severely overrated. I find nitrazepam to be a more sedating benzo, same with temazepam and lormetazepam. The truth is, most ppl have not tried flunitrazepam and they just say they have. But when they try it - they realize that it is no different from any other strong hypnotic benzo. In fact, they find out its overrated. Lormetazepam, temazepam, nitrazepam, and triazolam are definitely stronger in sedative and motor-impairing effects than flunitrazepam in my experiences with all of them. There is a study that compares lormetazepam, flunitrazepam, and temazepam in sedation and they found that in the first 2 hours after ingestion, temazepam caused far more sedation and impairment than both lormetazepam and flunitrazepam (with flunitrazepam in second) - it kicked their asses. After two hours, temazepam and lormetazepam started to weaken but flunitrazepam continued to be strong because it is a long-acting benzo. here is the link to that study. Look at table 2 and 3 - comparing temazepam and lormetazepam % impairment and the number of effects. Temazepam killed lormetazepam. Healthy ppl given temazepam: 25.2% were impaired vs 17.1% impairment for lormetazepam. Its even worse for the ill patients that received the drugs. Table 4 shows 50% impairment for temazepam users for the first 2 hours after ingestion of the drug vs 32% for lormetazepam vs 49% for flunitrazepam.

Quote from study:

I guess lormetazepam and flunitrazepam are the ones that have got nothing on temazepam. ;)

Nimetazepam, triazolam and temazepam all the way! Midazolam is shit orally, unless u IV u don't get much. Lormetazepam is good, got nothing bad to say. Flunitrazepam is alright, but severely overrated! Nitrazepam and flunitrazepam are very similar, with nitraz being slightly more sedating. Otherwise, there is no difference other than the potency between the 2.

Nobody here has tried nimetazepam, unless they got a legit script from Japan. Its outlawed everywhere else in Asia and its not carried in the Western world (N. America, S. America, and Europe). Anyone claiming they tried it is very, very suspect IMO. So, we only know its all the rage in Asia just like temazepam was all the rage in Europe and Australia.

If you wish to tell me what drugs I have/have not consumed then be my guest, i'm not going to argue with you, I was providing you my opinion from my personal experience whether you wish to discredit my honesty or whatever I really couldn't care less.

I was scripted flunitrazepam for about 7 months and IMO it is both more amnesic and hypnotic than temazepam.

Admittedly my tolerance was so blown out that a therapeutic dose of temazepam was unrealistic due to the quantity of pills required.

EDIT:

Triazolam IMO is quite sedating but IV administration of Midazolam beats it hands down. I currently have a script for 1mg Triazolam daily.

Damn. This gained a lot of beneficial info.

Love that list of dates by the way, haha.

So... If any of you were to recommend one of Temazepam, Triazolam, or Midazolam for oral use, which would it be? And why?

My favourite thus far is Diazepam. I wasn't a big fan of Alprazolam like mainstream society seems to be.

I don't know what to think of Nitrazepam yet, though. I've tried it twice but amongst other drugs. But I was asleep all fucking day today (probably) from 15mg of it.

Triazolam. It is a fantastic hypnotic and its short halflife is perfect for not making your feel groggy the next day like with Nitrazepam or Flunitrazepam.

Midazolam tends to be a little too over overpoweringly amnesic, although oral use I imagine would greatly decrease this, and I have only taken it intravenously.

Lormetazepam. Best benzo with loprazolam. Both which I have a ton of (is that even english?).

Triazolam. It is a fantastic hypnotic and its short halflife is perfect for not making your feel groggy the next day like with Nitrazepam or Flunitrazepam.

Midazolam tends to be a little too over overpoweringly amnesic, although oral use I imagine would greatly decrease this, and I have only taken it intravenously.

Great! Thanks! At what dose for both orally? Their BA's are so low, which sucks...

I'll try Triazolam first, then probably give Midazolam a go.

Lormetazepam. Best benzo with loprazolam. Both which I have a ton of (is that even english?).

I live in Canada which they are not available :(. And also are not available elsewhere that I trust.....

Last edited:
If you wish to tell me what drugs I have/have not consumed then be my guest, i'm not going to argue with you, I was providing you my opinion from my personal experience whether you wish to discredit my honesty or whatever I really couldn't care less.

I was scripted flunitrazepam for about 7 months and IMO it is both more amnesic and hypnotic than temazepam.

Admittedly my tolerance was so blown out that a therapeutic dose of temazepam was unrealistic due to the quantity of pills required.

EDIT:

Triazolam IMO is quite sedating but IV administration of Midazolam beats it hands down. I currently have a script for 1mg Triazolam daily.

Oh I believe you were on flunitrazepam, I honestly believe it. It is prescribed throughout Europe and Asia. Its just N. America that doesn't prescribe it.
My experience with temazepam and flunitrazepam were opposite to yours. Even the study I linked to above in my other posts claims after ingestion for the first 2 hours there was more sedation and motor-impairment with temazepam vs lormetazepam and flunitrazepam. As time went on, temazepam patients improved while flunitrazepam patients stayed the same (due to metabolites).

Not true.

I have tried Nimetazepam on various occassions (not from script) and i found it very overrated.

Give me Flunitrazepam, Flurazepam or Temazepam anyday over Erimin 5mg/Nimza 3mg

I'm sorry if I say I'm very suspicious of this claim of trying nimetazepam. Normally, if you don't get it scripted - its counterfeit drugs you get. Either nitrazepam, diazepam, or flunitrazepam being passed off as nimetazepam.

But Flurazepam? Totally weak I've found it to be.

I'm sorry if I say I'm very suspicious of this claim of trying nimetazepam. Normally, if you don't get it scripted - its counterfeit drugs you get. Either nitrazepam, diazepam, or flunitrazepam being passed off as nimetazepam.

My experience with nimetazepam was from a friends legitimate script from Japan.

Choose to believe or not. Like I said. :\.

I live in australia and I've been scripted every benzo they RX down here except for Chlordiazepoxide.

Can anyone agree with this:

10mg Diazepam = 0.25mg Triazolam = 6.5mg Midazolam

And, does that account for the oral bio-availability differences? Or is that conversion assuming 100% BA?

If that conversion does account for oral BA then Midazolam is much cheaper so damn I hope I love Triazolam lol. I'll get a small amount of both to try out.

My experience with nimetazepam was from a friends legitimate script from Japan.

Choose to believe or not. Like I said. :\.

I live in australia and I've been scripted every benzo they RX down here except for Chlordiazepoxide.

If its a legit script from Japan (the only nation in the world in which nimetazepam is available on script) then I can believe it.

I just don't understand how anyone can claim that temazepam is weak. Yeah, it's not potent mg for mg - but its effects are what matter and it is a strong hypnotic.

Methadone is more potent than heroin and morphine but heroin/morphine are far superior recreational drugs. Hydromorphone is far more potent than heroin and morphine, yet heroin and morphine are more euphoric and last longer. Codeine is more potent than Demerol mg for mg, but Demerol is far more recreational and stronger in effects.

All benzos are far, far more potent than secobarbital, pentobarbital, amobarbital, and methaqualone - but the latter 4 are stronger in effects.

Can anyone agree with this:

10mg Diazepam = 0.25mg Triazolam = 6.5mg Midazolam

And, does that account for the oral bio-availability differences? Or is that conversion assuming 100% BA?

If that conversion does account for oral BA then Midazolam is much cheaper so damn I hope I love Triazolam lol. I'll get a small amount of both to try out.

Triazolam is not just more potent than midazolam, but it is stronger in effect also. I have done oral midazolam and I was quite disappointed with the effects. It wasn't bad, but it was not what people make it out to be. If I had IV'd the midazolam, maybe things would've been different. Triazolam is more sedative orally that's for sure!

None of my Benzos are scripted.

But i know they are 100% genuine legitimate. (BL rules forbid me from talking about sources etc) So im afraid i will have to leave it at that.

If its a legit script from Japan (the only nation in the world in which nimetazepam is available on script) then I can believe it.

I just don't understand how anyone can claim that temazepam is weak. Yeah, it's not potent mg for mg - but its effects are what matter and it is a strong hypnotic.

Methadone is more potent than heroin and morphine but heroin/morphine are far superior recreational drugs. Hydromorphone is far more potent than heroin and morphine, yet heroin and morphine are more euphoric and last longer. Codeine is more potent than Demerol mg for mg, but Demerol is far more recreational and stronger in effects.

All benzos are far, far more potent than secobarbital, pentobarbital, amobarbital, and methaqualone - but the latter 4 are stronger in effects.

Triazolam is not just more potent than midazolam, but it is stronger in effect also. I have done oral midazolam and I was quite disappointed with the effects. It wasn't bad, but it was not what people make it out to be. If I had IV'd the midazolam, maybe things would've been different. Triazolam is more sedative orally that's for sure!

My stating that temazepam is weak is purely on a mg per mg basis really. I've never been able to get recreational effects or therapeutic effects from temazepam.

The reason for this is that when I was using benzos i never really came across temazepam and when I did I was already scripted 2mg flunitrazepam, 120mg diazepam and 12mg alprazolam daily. My recreational alprazolam tolerance was around 50mg and TBH I couldn't access enough temazepam for it to have any effect.

Hence my labelling of it as "weak".

I am now benzo clean with a script for triazolam and alprazolom for extreme situations which I barely use. :)

Midozolam is supposed to be for sleep, hence why no "buzz". It knocks you out.

I used to take Nitrazepam as a daily driver for do all the works since my doctor prescribed me and i felt so match with it. had been 2 years since i'd seen my doctor, and one day my ol good friend introduced to Nimetazepam (one of a kind derivative Benzo as i know) taste sweet like candy and put in below your tounge. Once i took it i feel like the same way like Nitrazepam but it way much better!! Better in calmness, better in concentration and i could thinkin clearly in a work that i'd been doing. Since then i switch to Nimetazepam, people called it Happy 5 in a most Country.

Too bad the Company who produce those stuff is already stopped the manufacturing and nowadays only the fake stuffs sold in the black market. Considering i never take unexplained benzos. the best for sleeping and feeling fresh when u awake even u only have short time sleeping time.