• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

First time trying MDMA next week, some questions

Yeah, some guy, who I ignored (can't remember his name) was heavily against me trying it and my opening statement was basically "hey bud, you were wrong" etc etc. You can probably see his messages

Your first time with MDMA, just take the MDMA. The first one if done right is very profound, you want to see it as it is. Plenty of time to trip with it in the future.

-GC
This 💯. Oh the first time u feel the MAGIC Is unforgettable, innit G? :p

This 💯. Oh the first time u feel the MAGIC Is unforgettable, innit G? :p

Yes, first alert i felt like i had 2 phantom heads - one each side.

This was a new sensation after years of many psychedelics in different doses.

All I know is I felt wonderful, like giving everyone in the world a hug, and felt the deepest connection to the earth and universe than I've ever felt.
It's Awesome that you had such a profound experience man. Hehe, nice 😅😁💯💯💯✌🏼

Yes, first alert i felt like i had 2 phantom heads - one each side.

This was a new sensation after years of many psychedelics in different doses.
Lol, first time I hear a description like that from MDMA.
I was very young when i had my first experience (17-18), I was washed away in a fluffy bubble of absolute euphoria, everything felt right and I felt ALIVE. After a decade using(and abusing it) many times during seasons It's hard to achieve that amazing euphoria again, but every once in a while I come across some outstanding pills that reset my mood and make me feel that this life is worth living.
MDMA is just plain AWESOME, I only do it every 3-4 months on special ocassions now and I have to admit It's one of the most therapeutic drugs in existence, can't wait Til it becomes legal TO treat PTSD. Cheers

Yeah, I believe I saw his comment, and downplayed it as him being an Aussie lout, not to be taken too seriously. I'm new here so I don't know what's going on on the social side, and probably should refrain from commenting between folks who are having a beef. I don't mean to add flames fires i'm not aware of. Though AFAIAC everyone here is cool in my book.

FWIG, the dude was trying to wind you up, in a very stereotypical Australian 'humour' kind of way. I'm not even sure he was Aussie, but I am, and have seen the tactic ad nauseum. Baiting probably best describes it. For some reason it's a big part of Australian culture to take the piss out of everyone in your circle of mates. It gets old very quick. Like after highschool, it just becomes cringey AF. Though it's handy when people display those behaviours enough, to inadvertently let you know not to bother approaching them about any serious subject or any problem you have on your mind.

May I ask who that is in your profile pic?

Yeah, I believe I saw his comment, and downplayed it as him being an Aussie lout, not to be taken too seriously. I'm new here so I don't know what's going on on the social side, and probably should refrain from commenting between folks who are having a beef. I don't mean to add flames fires i'm not aware of. Though AFAIAC everyone here is cool in my book.

FWIG, the dude was trying to wind you up, in a very stereotypical Australian 'humour' kind of way. I'm not even sure he was Aussie, but I am, and have seen the tactic ad nauseum. Baiting probably best describes it. For some reason it's a big part of Australian culture to take the piss out of everyone in your circle of mates. It gets old very quick. Like after highschool, it just becomes cringey AF. Though it's handy when people display those behaviours enough, to inadvertently let you know not to bother approaching them about any serious subject or any problem you have on your mind.

Yea where I’m from in the US we all grew up like that too. I think things are different now but I personally never cared for it and why I was so drawn to the rave scene, people took that shit seriously. It wasn’t all “just a joke man..”

I agree after HS I was done with it, and don’t take kindly to it when I see it. Usually using what wit I have to dish it right back only you know I’m not playing around, I’m really trying to make you feel like shit cuz that’s what you’re trying to do to others.

-GC

Yea where I’m from in the US we all grew up like that too. I think things are different now but I personally never cared for it and why I was so drawn to the rave scene, people took that shit seriously. It wasn’t all “just a joke man..”

I agree after HS I was done with it, and don’t take kindly to it when I see it. Usually using what wit I have to dish it right back only you know I’m not playing around, I’m really trying to make you feel like shit cuz that’s what you’re trying to do to others.

-GC
I've only got a small sample size of people I still know that do that type of thing are also likely to never back down from a losing argument and actually more likely to double down in some weird way to try to save face, as if the argument or contrary position was even unique to them rather than the more likely scenario that they caught it from somewhere else such as Fox/Sky News, Facebook, or other 'debate me bro' types on YouTube or Twitch.

In the event I fall for their bait and take the time to call bullshit, they typically respond with indignation like 'lighten up , bro, it was just a joke, hur dur'.

I'm all for taking the piss outta myself, and if others can do it better than I can, then kudos. I'm not so sensitive that I can't laugh at my own folly or acknowledge that far from perfect. However, I go pretty hard on myself, so it's rare that anyone outdoes me in that department.

Yet it seems to me, again, just based of my small sample size who are seemingly innately contrarian, these folks also often happen to be socially blunt and politically illiterate people, who have gravitated towards the right wing influencer types who don't even represent their own interests yet simp for them like it's 2016. Oh, and the only way these folks can seem to converse is in the for of arguments. Not necessarily debates with rules and where points can be awarded or deducted based on reasoning skills, but where the volume of their voice and inability to allow their 'opponent' to finish before they continue to rant validates to them that they are winners. They also tend to overuse fad words and phrases like 'cope', 'rent free', 'you're embarrassing yourself', 'you're not understanding my ArGuMeNt' etc. without the faintest sense of irony at the time or evidence of self reflection over vast periods of time. I tend to tune out when I can't escape one of these rant's from the local friendly cool, calm, and collected, totally rational force of propositional calculus who speaks 15 decibels above anybody who dares to inhibit a twitch of the eyelid, indicative of even a minor point of contention with on of their many their forgone conclusions that regularly need to be reinforced to an unwilling audience for the umpteenth time.

Perhaps I'm being a little too specific. It's just that one person who I happen to have known for a long time who is coming to mind and fits all of the above criteria perfectly. I'm not sure if I can generalise to about 49% of the population from this single case study, but I'm confident that there are too many people who can be described in such a manner. I cannot be the only person who happens to cross paths with one of these folks.

Now, at this pont, I want to make clear that I'm not hating on this particualar case study or anyone who happens to fall at least one standard deviation in either direction of their personality cluster. In fact, I'm greatful of them at times, as they remind me to be grateful that I can at least use drugs even if only as a reprieve from their bullshit.

The most bothersome part when I think of my particular case study, whose thoughts, attitudes and behaviours I extrapolate to A wide variety of people (I live in tighter a social vacuum than most, not that I'm implying any virtue here), is that this case study, is somewhat well educated and so are the people who influence him.

I'd go as far as to say that they are dangerously educated, insofar that they have just enough knowledge to have their world view confirmed by social influencers they choose to follow, but not enough self awareness to have their world view challenged by those they choose to ignore, and even denigrate uch figures, so as to avoid that feeling of discomfort when faced with cognitive dissonance well into the future.

Although I've been drawing on a single person while formulating this rant, I have to confess, I have affection for the dude. He is not the worst of the worst. He would just give those guys a pass and demand they are not denied their god given 1st amendment right to be paid to give themselves fair hearing on the platform of their choice with advocates like Joe Rogan coming to their defence when they themselves realise what they are saying is indefensible.

Syd Barrett, original front man to Pink Floyd. The one they all called an "acid casualty" which wasn't exactly true. He was a mandrax casualty, and in that picture, taken in 1969, he's likely all fucked up on it. He did do too much LSD and dabbled with even STP which is 10x stronger, there's no doubt he traumatized himself some and likely became dependent on the mandrax as a means to cope with it. He's one of my favorite musicians and I feel I identify with him in a lot of ways with unusual traits like synesthesia and just a generally unusual brain.

I think I get what you mean. I live in New England and people are very similar like that. Everyone just talks shit to each other "in jest" but it does get cringey when you see 30-40 somethings talking like this.

First time.. get a test kit, if for nothing else, peace of mind.

Shouldn't need more than .2.

It's not the quantity it's the quality. Don't take alot. Try not to do it very often. Lite use is basically harmless in a lifetime. Heavy use can and will effectively change you forever. Be safe and have fun.

, original front man to Pink Floyd. The one they all called an "acid casualty" which wasn't exactly true. He was a mandrax casualty, and in that picture, taken in 1969, he's likely all fucked up on it. He did do too much LSD and dabbled with even STP which is 10x stronger, there's no doubt he traumatized himself some and likely became dependent on the mandrax as a means to cope with it. He's one of my favorite musicians and I feel I identify with him in a lot of ways with unusual traits like synesthesia and just a generally unusual brain.

I think I get what you mean. I live in New England and people are very similar like that. Everyone just talks shit to each other "in jest" but it does get cringey when you see 30-40 somethings talking like this.
Syd Barrett, I should have known he is not of this earth. Dude won leading man in the category of genetic aesthetics, among other high coveted formal and informal awards. Even on the days he undoubtedly woke feeling like he was hit by a freight train, mirrors would quietly crack under the strain of reflecting such a beautiful soul.

Just curious, do you experience synesthesia where you see sounds as colours? If so, does that auto translate into having perfect pitch where you can identify with high certainty the note of any scale or combination of random notes with a single audition, based solely on the colour you perceive it/them with or without some additional minor calculations. I'd be so jelly if you can do that. That's the ultimate super power of a musician. I have fairly good relative pitch, but it took me years to develop, and I can still get caught way of guard. Especially if I neglect to practice it periodically.

Synesthesia is a bit different for everyone. I do happen to have perfect pitch but I don't know how related that is, 1/2000 people have synesthesia but like, 1/10,000 have perfect pitch. I actually thought it was 1/23, I swear I read that somewhere. There's no way it can be that rare... can it? I guess it did always confuse some of my friends that I could tune a guitar perfectly before I even played one. Some drugs can cause a raise or reduction in my pitch though, primarily steroids like prednisone will reduce pitch a lot to the point where I have to use a modulator app to listen to music, or download the songs and raise the pitch in Sony Vegas since transpose can make audio quality sound a bit iffy.

I was tuning a guitar while on ecstacy and my brother kept insisting I used a tuner, and he was correct, because the E made me hear things at a higher pitch. If I'd have been able to just listen to songs I was more familiar with (they played a lot of music they grew up on), then I'd have been able to compensate. I also couldn't really hear it that well though over the loud songs playing, but still. Some drugs just alter my pitch. Things would always get REALLY high pitched the day after heavy drinking, but a lot of the time when I was drunk they'd sound lower pitched. On a side note, I remember a super NES emulator in the late 2000s had lower pitched audio, snes9x 1.51 if I remember right, and I kept telling my brother don't use that one, it sounds bad (actually the sound was better than any others at the time, it was the pitch that was off) and he couldn't notice at all. Later on digging through the .ini file I found a setting that was able to fix this. But I'm getting derailed.

Sounds do have colors to me but it's more manifested as a series of lines, shapes and patterns, these being the most prominent. But there are definitely colors to them. It's brought out a lot more when I'm baked, especially ever since I did DMT for a month straight last summer, but it was always there. Some songs might sound very "pink and yellow" (Light My Fire by The Doors for example comes to mind). It's hard to vividly describe the lines & patterns and such because it's simply how my brain normally operates, it's my normal, but it's also just uniquely my own synesthesia.

Being able to replicate a song in one try based on the color of the notes, if I understand, isn't something I can generally do, but I can. I have ADHD so it really depends on my level of focus at that time. But yeah I suppose it's easier to remember notes better depending on the colors/shapes, again it's hard to explain. I might remember 6 songs out of 10 on my first try but that entirely depends on the instruments, the key, etc. If I don't jive with the music that much it'll just become background noise. I'm not even going to try and do this with Christmas music, hate that shit.

I am on the spectrum so I suppose that could be why I experience some of these things more. It seems being on the spectrum is statistically way more common than either traits above, 1/300, so it's hard to say knowing that how much it has to do with the spectrum. Syd's family had autism in their blood supposedly, his sister Rosemary has it and thought very strongly that he did too with his quirky personality and always walking on the tips of his toes, or at least finishing a step primarily that way. Their father was quite an unusual guy as well. I straight up walked on my toes as a kid until I was around 11. A guy I work with has this walk where the tips of his toes are prominent and he has this overly chatty, happy personality. He's the best.

Not everyone on the spectrum gets very introverted, but are capable of becoming more introverted. To quote Syd: "I wasn't always this introverted." It was the drugs, and the same thing happened to me, eventually I was an alcoholic just because I couldn't really speak to people otherwise, but a lot of work on myself got myself off the drink and feeling more confident. The MDMA I just talked my absolute ass off for hours though. Pot is what made me eventually more introverted but I'd taken some trips around the same time, was 17 when I got into any of that, but I didn't really get into psychedelics that much until the past year when I gained access to DMT that a friend had made, and he made lots of it. Mushrooms are also very easy to come by, I don't like LSD.

I'd love to be able to oneday shoot the shit and jam with you on MDMA et al. Especially just coincidentally so we didn't know each other from online. Just random dudes doing what we do or like best. Music was my first love, though I had bad taste for the most part. I played guitar, so for a song to really grab me, guitar had to be the main instrument. Nowadays I can get along with all sorts of tunes. Especially if there's something about the that challenge my ears, like unfamiliar chords, or modes and/or key changes used in a really casual way rather than for the sake of using such devices to make things more difficult to grasp or to show off to other muso's. Tho honestly, I don't mind that stuff, but it's not the be all and end all if musicians listen to particular music because they find it challenging, or want to emulate that certain sound. Shit, I think we're all guilty of that to a degree.

I wish I had perfect pitch. It's taken me years to develop good enough relative pitch where my ears aren't the bottleneck holding me back. An injury is hindering my guitar ability, and I'm finding the keys/synths to be a more satisfying challenge. At this point I don't mind not being able to perform a song perfectly, or even building up my chops to play difficult passages. My day's (or years) of practicing are over. Now I just want to play, or more to the point, understand the mechanics and theory of a song. Fortunately, most of what appeals to me now, in my 40's is easy enough to physically play, mainly on the guitar. but on the keys I get a better understanding of the piece, though I still struggle with some keys. Whereas with guitar, it never bothered me what key a piece was in. They're all equal difficulty for me. Whereas on a keyboard, I might spend half the song just working out the most efficient chord invoicing for the smoothest changes.

I'm thinking of selling off the rest of my guitar gear, and other crap I'll likely never use, to keep fueling the GAS for more key, VST's, and microphones. Oh, and studio monitors. That's what I actually need.

But no matter what I waste money on I don't have to waste, I'll never be able to buy Perfect Pitch. Though I do think experiencing synesthesia on acid was one of the things that helped me take a huge leap forward in relative pitch after years of stagnation and frustration. Thou from what I experienced from drug induced synesthesia, I don't think I would cope too well if it was a constant. Tinnitus is a constant, and I fucking hate it. But it's predictable, and I can drown it out with varying degrees of success. I'm not sure if I could ever fully adapt to synesthesia, no matter how cool the benefits. CMIIW, but it sounds as though it could be a nuisance in everyday life. Though freaking magical in a dark room with headphones:)

Signing was another huge benefit for me developing absolute pitch, at least once I started using it as a tool for ear training, rather than just singing along to my fav songs in the car.

God damned cost of living sucks arse. As if it's not bad enough that people are dying due to economic policy failures. But having GAS and trying to sell shit to fund it is near impossible. I shouldn't whine about it and be grateful for what I have and make the most of it. But it does suck that the world has gotten to the point where the one healthy obsession in my life has become a luxury and a guilty pleasure to indulge in splurging on gear to make it more enjoyable, or sometimes, make it possible to move up in skill level.

But Shieeet. WTF am I on about. I waste money on drugs like they're a freaking necessity. It's certainly not a good time to be a fuckup in this fucked up world. It used to be easier than pretending to have my shit together. Now neither option seems viable strategies. When our politicians and oligarchs appear to be less stable than I am, it's probably too late to start worrying about it.

Your first time with MDMA, just take the MDMA. The first one if done right is very profound, you want to see it as it is. Plenty of time to trip with it in the future.

-GC
Hell no hippie flip hippie flip hippie flip.

I actually went to Amsterdam a long time ago and bought 15 g of mushrooms from a legal shop and scored two really nice clean pills.

I went to bathroom right off the street and booty bumped one, took the train back to where I was going, started getting rolled up and a girl that I was chatting to had to tell me that my stop was here.

Went into my hotel room. Ate the freaking mushrooms and took the second pill.

Watched European porn, and had probably the best MDMA experience of ever had.

Hell yeah hippie flip man. See what you can get into.

Make sure the MDMA is tested cuz you don't want to take some bullshit like butylone with mushrooms.

And take an ecstasy before the mushrooms.

That's my two cents worth.

Yeah this was months back, almost 5. It was an incredible experience. I did hippy flip it was well lol. Not much, just some pieces of a mushroom chocolate bar that probably came out near 2g, and tons of weed. The euphoria was off the charts. I could've sat outside watching the stars all night at the pitch black airbnb cabin, watching fireflies, shooting stars, it was the definition of bliss.

But yea it was tested and safe. Given to me by my 8th grade history teacher of all people.

Yeah this was months back, almost 5. It was an incredible experience. I did hippy flip it was well lol. Not much, just some pieces of a mushroom chocolate bar that probably came out near 2g, and tons of weed. The euphoria was off the charts. I could've sat outside watching the stars all night at the pitch black airbnb cabin, watching fireflies, shooting stars, it was the definition of bliss.

But yea it was tested and safe. Given to me by my 8th grade history teacher of all people.
The only questions I have are:
1. Was your history teacher a woman?
2. Was she hot?

3. If she was hot, did you bang her?

Nah of course not lol. It was my brothers bachelor party so it was all guys.
Most women would probably fall for him in a snap though. He's got looks and charisma. Would I bang, maybe for $10,000

I mean I'm straightiva dominant so that's the only reason I'd be willing to do that for money lmao, maybe even lower to 7k or something