• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

First time trying MDMA next week, some questions

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
So I'm going to my older brothers bachelor party which is a 3 day trip (no pun intended). One of his friends, who also taught me history in 8th grade, is also bringing MDMA tablets and a mushroom chocolate bar lol. I heard the mushroom bars are unusually strong and hard to properly dose. But I wondered if I took a small amount of it could like, potentially negate some of the effects of MDMA like bruxism, but I may or may not experience. Caffeine makes me grind my teeth horribly bad, but Ritalin doesn't, for some reason. I don't recall Adderall doing that either, but I hate Adderall, least favorite drug, so I can't say I paid attention to if I was doing it or not.

Basically I'm just wondering if I should do only the MDMA. Maybe I'd start with half a tablet or take the full thing, I'm not sure. But I do have plenty of magnesium glycinate to take beforehand to prevent clenching. I also have L-theronate which is less sedating, but I doubt the sedative effects of the Glycinate would overpower MDMA. I've heard of people taking up to 2g of this! I think I'll just try like... 600mg or something. Maybe 1g. Because I had sinus surgery 2 months ago my jaws can still get sore from residual inflammation, so I wouldn't want to be rolling and having an awful jaw ache.

Tru. I'm tempted since I'll only do the molly on one night. Maybe I would take the molly first and if I feel great, take a micro corner of the bar or something lol. But I'd kind of rather separate the experiences at the same time since both can be euphoric (I've only experienced that in shrooms anyway). So a low dose COULD go well but yeah, you're probably right. I have no idea how much 1 piece of the bar will get me either. I've heard from others it was like eating an 8th.

On that note, if I wanted to trip again a week later, would my tolerance be really high or something? I wouldn't think so. I to take a TCA which potentiates tryptamine psychedelics, most notably LSD, so I would think that also applies to psilocybin. It certain amped up DMT for me, that's for sure.

On that note, if I wanted to trip again a week later, would my tolerance be really high or something? I wouldn't think so. I to take a TCA which potentiates tryptamine psychedelics, most notably LSD, so I would think that also applies to psilocybin. It certain amped up DMT for me, that's for sure.
I strongly advise against taking MDMA if you are on a TCA.
It may either increase or mitigate the effects of MDMA, but surely it will affect the experience, and could be very dangerous.
EDIT: also, MDMA and TCAs are metabolised by the same enzyme in the liver so you'd be expelling MDMA at a slower rate because of that.
One more reason to not be on your TCA when you take MDMA.

What exactly are you on?

Last edited:
It's amitryptaline. I read up on it and some anecdotes from people who took these and they had no issues. It's more SSRI/SNRI/MAOI type drugs that are really bad.
I wouldn't entirely mind if it didn't hit me really hard, but I suppose I could not take the TCA for a couple of days beforehand. It seems like at worst it dulls it a bit, so yea, I guess I'll just not take it the next 4 days, it should be pretty much out of my system by then.

Edit: I'm not even sure why I take this, I just quit prozac, I might as well quit this too. But yeah from what I've read it seems to either not affect the experience at all, or affect it. It's the same with psychedelics and SSRIs and shit. Some people can't trip on them, but I never had any issues personally. I was on 40mg cymbalta last fall and 1g of mushrooms hit me like a truck. Maybe if I notice without the TCA I become horribly depressed, I'll go back on it, but I really don't notice much of a difference being on it. It was just something to try since it's the only class of anti depressants I hadn't tried. Most of my depression relates to C-PTSD but also is situational. I think there's more to it than chemicals in my brain being out of whack.

Last edited:
It's amitryptaline. I read up on it and some anecdotes from people who took these and they had no issues. It's more SSRI/SNRI/MAOI type drugs that are really bad.
I wouldn't entirely mind if it didn't hit me really hard, but I suppose I could not take the TCA for a couple of days beforehand. It seems like at worst it dulls it a bit, so yea, I guess I'll just not take it the next 4 days, it should be pretty much out of my system by then.

Edit: I'm not even sure why I take this, I just quit prozac, I might as well quit this too. But yeah from what I've read it seems to either not affect the experience at all, or affect it. It's the same with psychedelics and SSRIs and shit. Some people can't trip on them, but I never had any issues personally. I was on 40mg cymbalta last fall and 1g of mushrooms hit me like a truck. Maybe if I notice without the TCA I become horribly depressed, I'll go back on it, but I really don't notice much of a difference being on it. It was just something to try since it's the only class of anti depressants I hadn't tried. Most of my depression relates to C-PTSD but also is situational. I think there's more to it than chemicals in my brain being out of whack.
TCAs act as reuptake inhibitors of Serotonin, so they could either make MDMA dangerous, or dull it if the prevalent action is competing with MDMA for binding to SERT.
TCAs also directly bind to many Serotonin receptors further changing the effect profile of MDMA.
Also, they are processed by the same liver enzyme, so getting off the Amitriptyline before taking MDMA is the best option.

hell no kid stay the fuck away from XTC ami is a reuptake inhibitor as well as heaps of other stuff

you risk frying your self like serious risk.

I used to take 100mg of ami every day I know.

you can take shrooms though as I have had so many on the stuff and the ami will make the shrooms far more bearable.

still not too many shrooms for a newbee and remember not everyone comes back the same with acid DMT and shrooms so

know what your getting into.

your on ami for a reason and these compounds all screw with seritonine.

as you age you will find the depression goes why fuck with that ?

many micro dose shrooms for depression though but there not normally on a compound already as there more than likely hippy types that do not

wish to use pharma (someone comes to mind that I know)

still the poison is in the dose and microdosing is nothing like a full trip for your head space.

but please stay off the XTC.
I'm just quitting the ami, plain and simple. It will be out of my system by the time I take the mdma. I only take 25mg of it, 100mg seems bafflingly high.
What do you mean depression goes away with age? Not if it's situational and your current living situation is a horrible fucked up nightmare and you have C-PTSD. And besides, anyone can develop mental illness at any age. There are cases of schizophrenia that don't come on until people are in their 40s, even 60s. I have a relative who developed it this past year. We saw her go from an ordinary, kind old lady to completely off her head. She's on all sorts of medication now and at her best, she's still manic.

Like thanks for the warning but I'm pretty sure I'll be fine. I did plenty of research, ami only dulls MDMA, it does not potentiate it, and based on the half-life, it will be completely out of my system by the time I decide to take it.

Don't call me kid, btw. Kind of rude imo. I stopped being a kid when I was molested at the age of 12...

Last edited:
Well, I'm really sorry you had to go through all of that. But human suffering isn't a contest. I could go more into horrible things that have happened to me as well but I'm not going to, I'm having a hard enough time with rebound depression quitting Prozac. And being pulled off Valium after 6 months with no warning. I'm fortunate to have Gabapentin on hand or else I'd probably have seizures or something... I'm 2 days in and I know it will get worse. My GP is a dumbass and things I won't have withdrawals. Maybe I won't, it's been 10-15mg since mid January, though I only got up to 10mg by middle to late March. I doubt I could convince him to give me 2mg tablets. I did want to come off it, but it has been a very problematic year for me physically and mentally.

Anyway, I told you I'm not gonna take it anymore. Yes it takes time to get out of the system, like a 1 day half life. But I metabolize a lot of drugs faster than most people. That and I was already forgetting to take it quite often and haven't been on it for that long. There would be barely any of it in my system if any by the time I take the MDMA. And like I said, I've read upon this a lot to be sure it's safe, the worst it will do is lessen the intensity of the MDMA, as was the case with basically any and all anecdotes I've read. Sure, anecdotes are anecdotes, but they are real.

Look man, I appreciate it but you're not gonna reach me. I'm going to do this and I'm going to report back being perfectly fine.

What are you even saying at this point? I wasn't hoping for someone to say "no you're good man." I didn't even mention the ami originally because I didn't think there was any interaction. There is: it makes the MDMA weaker.

Your call, it's just a fact. Human suffering is not a contest. If I wanted to unleash a horribly long story about things that have happened to me, I would, but what would the point be, to show you that I've suffered in many of the same ways? That's not exactly why I'm on this forum. Either way it will be at least 5 days until I decide to take it, maybe 6 because it may be on the last night. There will barely be anything left of it in my system to pose any sort of risk. I appreciate the harm reduction attempt even if I don't agree with it. Someone can close this thread if they want, I have no more to say.

So, there was nothing negative about the experience. No horrible depression during the comedown, which really happened while I was asleep because I can sleep on uppers just fine, although I'd vaped a ton of oil which probably helped burnt me out. I also hadn't slept well the previous night due to tripping on shrooms. This seems to keep me awake more than MDMA.

This definitely isn't something I would want to do often. Definitely on occasion. It was a bit frustrating watching them all drinking and knowing I'm not a drinker anymore, and being naturally very shy, the first night I didn't say a whole lot given I was stoned and tripping. I'd been offered a little corner, I think this guy being my former teacher was probably being cautious or didn't know what I could handle. By day 2 he kept getting so drunk and I was so out of it that he just kept handing more to me and I would just take it lol. Probably had a bit more than a tablet but they weren't very large. They were blue and shaped like skulls, but not the same as those "blue shaped army skulls."

Overall I had a great time, and I opened up and felt a sense of closeness with the others, talked my head off about all sorts of things, and certainly mentioned to my brother dumb things I'd done in the past. Growing up he was always getting into trouble, and my older but not oldest (whom we're celebrating for) and I perceived it in a very negative light. I didn't realize I'd go on to drink even heavier than he did. But he has used many more drugs that I would never touch like nitrous. He was also prescribed, overprescribed opiates for quite awhile due to a skin condition he has that can cause flareups that hurt chronically bad. I know he'd switched to suboxine awhile back, and I think he doesn't take any of that now.

My brother and former teacher rolled both nights and drank excessively, like 25 beers and endless fireball shots. My former teacher drank the most. He told me some of the most outrageous things I could ever hear. That would be best saved for a best of bluelight thread because holy mother of God. The first night I just tripped on some of the chocolate shroom bar pieces, it wasn't too hard of a trip, but enough to have kind of wobbly, vibrating visuals, and shapes were really jumping out at me.

Just giving an update. It was clean stuff, I had a hangover that didn't feel as bad as alcohol, but definite brain fog as if I ate a lot of edibles last night or something. I guess I still feel a little speedy though it's vastly worn off. I base that on my pulse still being a little up.

One of the highlights of the night was jamming with them. This was an airbnb cabin and there were lots of guitars already there, a keyboard/organ, telecaster, fender, even a tambura. The drumset was odd for me since I've never seen one like it. But I jammed so hard and haven't played guitar in so long that my right fingers got absolutely destroyed. A big chunk of skin was hanging off my middle finger, and there's this big red blister on my pointer, and side of my left pinky from sliding a lot. I'm a finger picker and never really knew how to use a pick.

So afterward everyone was winding down from drinking all day, and I realize shit... I'm kinda peaking a bit lol. I smoked outside on the back porch, it was completely dark and you could see so many stars. I saw quite a few shooting ones. I experienced some of the greatest euphoria of my life. I just looked up at the sky, glued, letting the earth absorb my energy and feeling so connected to it. This combined with the THC made it quite psychedelic actually. I just could not go back inside. I wanted to wind down for bed as much as I didn't want to.

I could have stared at the stars and up at the trees, listening to crickets chirp and frogs croak, until the sun came up. But I probably would have had a seriously bad crash if I did. It might've almost been worth it. I just smiled up at the sky and I guess maybe got a little weird when I was wrapping my hands around this wooden pillar of the porch almost like it was a trip pole, then realized I splintered my hand up quite a bit. Not severely but worth mentioning I guess lol. I did microdose a shroom piece earlier in that day but I doubt it did anything much. They were actually not super strong, but you could tell they were legit because it had the aftertaste of a typical mushroom, just buffered by chocolate. The whole bar would probably be like eating an 8th of good shrooms, I wager I had something equivalent to 1.5g.

Wow, I've typed a lot. I guess there still is some cognitive speediness going on. I don't really feel euphoric, but I don't feel that depression everyone always talks about after taking MDMA. Maybe that's just when it's not clean. Like I said it felt similar to an alcohol hangover but quite a few notches lower. It suppressed my appetite a lot last night though and I didn't really eat dinner, so after hitting my pen on the ride back, for some reason, I just hunched over so tired. This used to happen sometimes hungover from drinking too, THC when you are weakened isn't always wise. Maybe after eating, but not before.

At the end of the day this is directed to anyone who is curious how it went. That one guy kept telling me it was a horrible idea and I'd fry my brains, that it was childish for me to want to take this given I'd BEEN on a TCA (which, really only reduces the effects. I did my research). By the time I rolled, it was 99% out of my system, and I was on a lower dose of it anyway. I quit Prozac weeks ago. Maybe there's a small chance the TCA could've badly interacted but I'd given myself enough time to stop. I don't know that I'll go back on it. So uh, haha, I guess, to the guy who thought I'd fry my brains out. I appreciated the harm reduction even if we didn't quite agree until you started hassling me in a different thread.

Interestingly, black seed oil actually protects against neurotoxicity from MDMA, and I just happened to take some mid roll because I take it every evening (probably before I was given 1 or 2 extra pieces of the X tablets, at least 1). I'm not sure how much it helped but given I've been completely fine today, minus how weak I was this morning from not eating, it must have helped some.

It was overall just very smooth and focused, euphoric, significant loss of inhibitions SIMILAR to alcohol but with more of a desire to connect with people or nature, which I think is also kind of similar to mushrooms in a way, they can increase my empathy a lot and reduce my ego, so if I'm with friends, I feel we're all connected and there's nothing to be afraid of hiding about being human.

I have no doubts taking this for days would be really bad, though, or even every weekend. I could see myself maybe doing this 2 or 3 times in an entire year. It's great to be able to break out of my shell and I just can't drink anymore. I got mead wine to try and was just like... nope, fuck that. Booze tastes too awful. Those years are far past gone for me, some people never stop partying. And some of them can leave professional lives like my former teacher. We would have never guessed what he was up to after school.

So I'm going to my older brothers bachelor party which is a 3 day trip (no pun intended). One of his friends, who also taught me history in 8th grade, is also bringing MDMA tablets and a mushroom chocolate bar lol. I heard the mushroom bars are unusually strong and hard to properly dose. But I wondered if I took a small amount of it could like, potentially negate some of the effects of MDMA like bruxism, but I may or may not experience. Caffeine makes me grind my teeth horribly bad, but Ritalin doesn't, for some reason. I don't recall Adderall doing that either, but I hate Adderall, least favorite drug, so I can't say I paid attention to if I was doing it or not.

Basically I'm just wondering if I should do only the MDMA. Maybe I'd start with half a tablet or take the full thing, I'm not sure. But I do have plenty of magnesium glycinate to take beforehand to prevent clenching. I also have L-theronate which is less sedating, but I doubt the sedative effects of the Glycinate would overpower MDMA. I've heard of people taking up to 2g of this! I think I'll just try like... 600mg or something. Maybe 1g. Because I had sinus surgery 2 months ago my jaws can still get sore from residual inflammation, so I wouldn't want to be rolling and having an awful jaw ache.

Do you really want to have such a potent experience ? Because im telling you now it will alter the way you view the world, possibly permanently. Maybe theres nothing wrong with the way you currently see things, maybe you dont want to mess with who you are in such a powerful way. This is the thing, if you take it, youl have this profoundly beautiful experience like nothing you can imagine...and my friend, you will want to do it again. Here is the dilemma, because when you have experienced it and want to get into a habit of doing it (which is what happens) your opening yourself up to a whole world of risks. Remember this stuff is still highly illegal, and even if your stuff now is pure...in the future your going to be putting yourself into contact with criminals to get more. Now sure you might say ''oh we know this guy hes cool'', but dealers loose their supply very often. Then what ? maybe you have someone elses phone number...some other guy whos ''cool'', and maybe he is and you get more decent MD. But eventually your going to be coming into contact with other dealers who are not so cool. Eventually you will end up buying MD or pills cut with all kinds of nasty shit, and guess what, you will probably consume it (even if it looked dodgy on the test). You get careless, you end up developing contacts with shady ass people and you have a drug habit.

This doesnt mean your an addict, not yet anyway, and MD is not the most physically addictive thing around. But guess what ? all those shady fucks your now in contact with ? the ones selling you MD of questionable quality (or pure poison - and you live in the US so the overall quality will be shit) they are going to start offering you other drugs (because they are drug dealers and got billz and child support to pay). Now i never bought anything that wasnt MD or weed, but itl all be made available. And youl reach the point where for whatever reason there is no quality MD around or you cant get it. Then you might say to yourself, meh...im already taking a class a drug...why not get some coke or whatever. Then you and your friends are pretty much fucked. You have established an interface with the criminal underworld, you have a drug habit and your progressing to the very very bad drugs. Also your prob familiar with all that stuff about MDMA being relatively safe, well yea, pure MD handcrafted in the mountains of Holland by dutch artisan wizards is pure....but you will likely be ingesting all kinds of poison on your adventures. So theres that. Also isnt it like Sharia law against drugs in most of America re sentencing and so on ?. In closing, most people come out of the Ecstasy adventure relatively unscathed...but quite a few dont, and your taking that risk which is considerable for what ? you dont know yet because you never tried it, and maybe ignorance of this experience is better than the path it will take you down ?

So, there was nothing negative about the experience. No horrible depression during the comedown, which really happened while I was asleep because I can sleep on uppers just fine, although I'd vaped a ton of oil which probably helped burnt me out. I also hadn't slept well the previous night due to tripping on shrooms. This seems to keep me awake more than MDMA.

This definitely isn't something I would want to do often. Definitely on occasion. It was a bit frustrating watching them all drinking and knowing I'm not a drinker anymore, and being naturally very shy, the first night I didn't say a whole lot given I was stoned and tripping. I'd been offered a little corner, I think this guy being my former teacher was probably being cautious or didn't know what I could handle. By day 2 he kept getting so drunk and I was so out of it that he just kept handing more to me and I would just take it lol. Probably had a bit more than a tablet but they weren't very large. They were blue and shaped like skulls, but not the same as those "blue shaped army skulls."

Overall I had a great time, and I opened up and felt a sense of closeness with the others, talked my head off about all sorts of things, and certainly mentioned to my brother dumb things I'd done in the past. Growing up he was always getting into trouble, and my older but not oldest (whom we're celebrating for) and I perceived it in a very negative light. I didn't realize I'd go on to drink even heavier than he did. But he has used many more drugs that I would never touch like nitrous. He was also prescribed, overprescribed opiates for quite awhile due to a skin condition he has that can cause flareups that hurt chronically bad. I know he'd switched to suboxine awhile back, and I think he doesn't take any of that now.

My brother and former teacher rolled both nights and drank excessively, like 25 beers and endless fireball shots. My former teacher drank the most. He told me some of the most outrageous things I could ever hear. That would be best saved for a best of bluelight thread because holy mother of God. The first night I just tripped on some of the chocolate shroom bar pieces, it wasn't too hard of a trip, but enough to have kind of wobbly, vibrating visuals, and shapes were really jumping out at me.

Just giving an update. It was clean stuff, I had a hangover that didn't feel as bad as alcohol, but definite brain fog as if I ate a lot of edibles last night or something. I guess I still feel a little speedy though it's vastly worn off. I base that on my pulse still being a little up.

One of the highlights of the night was jamming with them. This was an airbnb cabin and there were lots of guitars already there, a keyboard/organ, telecaster, fender, even a tambura. The drumset was odd for me since I've never seen one like it. But I jammed so hard and haven't played guitar in so long that my right fingers got absolutely destroyed. A big chunk of skin was hanging off my middle finger, and there's this big red blister on my pointer, and side of my left pinky from sliding a lot. I'm a finger picker and never really knew how to use a pick.

So afterward everyone was winding down from drinking all day, and I realize shit... I'm kinda peaking a bit lol. I smoked outside on the back porch, it was completely dark and you could see so many stars. I saw quite a few shooting ones. I experienced some of the greatest euphoria of my life. I just looked up at the sky, glued, letting the earth absorb my energy and feeling so connected to it. This combined with the THC made it quite psychedelic actually. I just could not go back inside. I wanted to wind down for bed as much as I didn't want to.

I could have stared at the stars and up at the trees, listening to crickets chirp and frogs croak, until the sun came up. But I probably would have had a seriously bad crash if I did. It might've almost been worth it. I just smiled up at the sky and I guess maybe got a little weird when I was wrapping my hands around this wooden pillar of the porch almost like it was a trip pole, then realized I splintered my hand up quite a bit. Not severely but worth mentioning I guess lol. I did microdose a shroom piece earlier in that day but I doubt it did anything much. They were actually not super strong, but you could tell they were legit because it had the aftertaste of a typical mushroom, just buffered by chocolate. The whole bar would probably be like eating an 8th of good shrooms, I wager I had something equivalent to 1.5g.

Wow, I've typed a lot. I guess there still is some cognitive speediness going on. I don't really feel euphoric, but I don't feel that depression everyone always talks about after taking MDMA. Maybe that's just when it's not clean. Like I said it felt similar to an alcohol hangover but quite a few notches lower. It suppressed my appetite a lot last night though and I didn't really eat dinner, so after hitting my pen on the ride back, for some reason, I just hunched over so tired. This used to happen sometimes hungover from drinking too, THC when you are weakened isn't always wise. Maybe after eating, but not before.

At the end of the day this is directed to anyone who is curious how it went. That one guy kept telling me it was a horrible idea and I'd fry my brains, that it was childish for me to want to take this given I'd BEEN on a TCA (which, really only reduces the effects. I did my research). By the time I rolled, it was 99% out of my system, and I was on a lower dose of it anyway. I quit Prozac weeks ago. Maybe there's a small chance the TCA could've badly interacted but I'd given myself enough time to stop. I don't know that I'll go back on it. So uh, haha, I guess, to the guy who thought I'd fry my brains out. I appreciated the harm reduction even if we didn't quite agree until you started hassling me in a different thread.

Interestingly, black seed oil actually protects against neurotoxicity from MDMA, and I just happened to take some mid roll because I take it every evening (probably before I was given 1 or 2 extra pieces of the X tablets, at least 1). I'm not sure how much it helped but given I've been completely fine today, minus how weak I was this morning from not eating, it must have helped some.

It was overall just very smooth and focused, euphoric, significant loss of inhibitions SIMILAR to alcohol but with more of a desire to connect with people or nature, which I think is also kind of similar to mushrooms in a way, they can increase my empathy a lot and reduce my ego, so if I'm with friends, I feel we're all connected and there's nothing to be afraid of hiding about being human.

I have no doubts taking this for days would be really bad, though, or even every weekend. I could see myself maybe doing this 2 or 3 times in an entire year. It's great to be able to break out of my shell and I just can't drink anymore. I got mead wine to try and was just like... nope, fuck that. Booze tastes too awful. Those years are far past gone for me, some people never stop partying. And some of them can leave professional lives like my former teacher. We would have never guessed what he was up to after school.

Dude you did not consume MDMA. If you did you would not be so blase about it, you would be on here evangelizing about how it will save humanity and everyone needs to take it. You would be talking about having kicked down the gates of hell and casting off the muck of the ages. You would be telling us you are a new man, reborn into celestial glory, your place secure among the angels. You would be expressing the joy of transfiguration into a being of star fire. You would proclaim a new dawn upon the earth and so on. What you injested my friend was most assuredly not MDMA. Even if it was MDMA it wasnt, and perhaps for the best, as you have not been smitten by its chemical kiss. Alas maybe your very life has been saved.

Dude you did not consume MDMA. If you did you would not be so blase about it, you would be on here evangelizing about how it will save humanity and everyone needs to take it. You would be talking about having kicked down the gates of hell and casting off the muck of the ages. You would be telling us you are a new man, reborn into celestial glory, your place secure among the angels. You would be expressing the joy of transfiguration into a being of star fire. You would proclaim a new dawn upon the earth and so on. What you injested my friend was most assuredly not MDMA. Even if it was MDMA it wasnt, and perhaps for the best, as you have not been smitten by its chemical kiss. Alas maybe your very life has been saved.

Or everyone isn't you, dude.

Dude you not consume MDMA. If you did you would not be so blase about it, you would be on here evangelizing about how it will save humanity and everyone needs to take it. You would be talking about having kicked down the gates of hell and casting off the muck of the ages. You would be telling us you are a new man, reborn into celestial glory, your place secure among the angels. You would be expressing the joy of transfiguration into a being of star fire. You would proclaim a new dawn upon the earth and so on. What you injested my friend was most assuredly not MDMA. Even if it was MDMA it wasnt, and perhaps for the best, as you have not been smitten by its chemical kiss.

Or everyone isn't you, dude.
I cant prove it obviously, but im guessing adulterated or a different compound.

How a person reacts to MDMA is actually a good indicator for sociopathy, if you can read people