• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time oxycodone advice

Agreed, stay far away from opiates. There are fentanyl pills that look exactly like the real ones stay safe everyone. Fentanyl is in everything now, dope/H, cocaine, METH, and even marijuana and legal THC gummies.

I am super lucky I did not get addicted to Oxycodone, hydrocodone, codeine, or morphine. I liked the 'escape' opiates provided and they were synergistic with Indica herb and hash, but I did not like the nausea, itching, nodding, and vomiting or feeling like I was going to vomit on them and when coming down giving me horrible nausea and stomach cramps.

I wish I could change my username from 11 years ago to BenzoDoll or the like as benzos are my D.O.C currently. Unless you can 1,000,000% confirm the opioids come from a pharmacy and have a good amount of disposable income, it IS NOT worth it. Tolerance builds quickly, and if you take certain other daily drugs like SSRIs, you can experience Serotonin Syndrome which I did, and it can be fatal.

I wish I could change my username from 11 years ago to BenzoDoll or the like as benzos are my D.O.C currently. Unless you can 1,000,000% confirm the opioids come from a pharmacy and have a good amount of disposable income, it IS NOT worth it. Tolerance builds quickly, and if you take certain other daily drugs like SSRIs, you can experience Serotonin Syndrome which I did, and it can be fatal.
What were the symptoms of serotonin syndrome?

Targin is an unusual case. One can remove the naloxone, but as I have said elsewhere, you really do not get more mileage from parenteral administration. Crush them if you must, but swallow them. You get LESS from snorting because first-pass metabolism converts 10% of the oxycodone into oxymorphone which is x10 more potent.

Do you know how to remove the Naloxone? Removing It wouldn’t be that efficient would it?

So you crush yours and eat it? That’s exactly what I did and that’s exactly why I’m posting on Bluelight about Targin I’m trying to get some questions answered

I crushed mine and ate it and experienced horrible problems

What were the symptoms of serotonin syndrome?

It started with shortness of breath, I could NOT get a normal breath in. Then overwhelming anxiety, I KNEW something was wrong, I was pacing. My pupils got HUGE, my heart was racing my face was numb, I thought I was having a stroke for sure...I called 911... I don't remember my BP but my HR was 160 for over 2 hours. My legs were uncontrollably shaking and I could barely walk to the stretcher. I could not stop moving and was so scared. I had a slight fever and was sweating buckets. I eventually told them I took 30mg Oxycodone and had recently been re-started on Prozac 40mg.

21 years of drug abuse and alcoholism and I didn't even consider serotonin syndrome a possibility 🙄

They gave me 2mg of Ativan IV and said I can only take codeine for pain with my particular SSRI. I felt normal after about 3 hours and I think more benzos, iv fluids and other shit. Sucks. I highly advise cross checking your meds on WebMD and NOT combining any that can cause serotonin syndrome!

It started with shortness of breath, I could NOT get a normal breath in. Then overwhelming anxiety, I KNEW something was wrong, I was pacing. My pupils got HUGE, my heart was racing my face was numb, I thought I was having a stroke for sure...I called 911... I don't remember my BP but my HR was 160 for over 2 hours. My legs were uncontrollably shaking and I could barely walk to the stretcher. I could not stop moving and was so scared. I had a slight fever and was sweating buckets. I eventually told them I took 30mg Oxycodone and had recently been re-started on Prozac 40mg.

21 years of drug abuse and alcoholism and I didn't even consider serotonin syndrome a possibility 🙄

They gave me 2mg of Ativan IV and said I can only take codeine for pain with my particular SSRI. I felt normal after about 3 hours and I think more benzos, iv fluids and other shit. Sucks. I highly advise cross checking your meds on WebMD and NOT combining any that can cause serotonin syndrome!

Plus I started opioids at age 16, that's 20 years of abuse. Stealing from my loved ones, pawning everything I own. Never again! I'm on the up and up!

It started with shortness of breath, I could NOT get a normal breath in. Then overwhelming anxiety, I KNEW something was wrong, I was pacing. My pupils got HUGE, my heart was racing I called 911... I don't remember my BP but my HR was 160 for over 2 hours. My legs were uncontrollably shaking and I could barely walk to the stretcher. I could not stop moving and was so scared. I had a slight fever and was sweating buckets. I eventually told them I took 30mg Oxycodone and had recently been re-started on Prozac 40mg.

That is extremely scary! I am glad you were able to get help.

I have taken SSRI in the past but I was always very careful I did not even take cough syrup when sick because of the DXM. I read about a lady who was on either an SSRI or SSNRI, she drank cough syrup when sick with a cold and died from serotonin syndrome. I never took opiates on an SSRI. I did smoke pot on it, take Dexedrine in low doses, drank alcohol in moderation, and I took LSD on it and was still easily able to trip extremely hard.

That is extremely scary! I am glad you were able to get help.

I have taken SSRI in the past but I was always very careful I did not even take cough syrup when sick because of the DXM. I read about a lady who was on either an SSRI or SSNRI, she drank cough syrup when sick with a cold and died from serotonin syndrome. I never took opiates on an SSRI. I did smoke pot on it, take Dexedrine in low doses, drank alcohol in moderation, and I took LSD on it and was still easily able to trip extremely hard.

That is wild about the lady and the cough syrup. It's probably all mentioned in the fine print flyer we all throw away attached to the meds. SSRIs also block Molly/MDMA I noticed about 6 years ago when I tried it but I didn't experience SS.

I think SS needs to be talked about more in harm reduction and also that narcan does NOT work on overdoses of my new D.O.C, benzodiazepines. You will have to be intubated and hope for the best.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned grapefruit juice, it is a good potentiator of oxys. Freshly squeezed works best I drink a glass every morning. (Even when I'm not having oxy that day, when included in your daily diet it can increase the blood concentration of oxymorphone 1.5 fold ) so instead of 10% you get 15% of the Oxycodone changed into oxymorphone.

Well grapefruit juice contains a CYP3A4 inhibitor. That's prevents N-demethylation, not O-demethylation. I don't know how much oxycodone/oxymorphone undergoes N-demethylation but generally it isn't usually responsible for ⅓ of the metabolism.

But if it works so well for you then fine - it just means that your body becomes dependant on the higher doses and that can be a risk. I avoid all of that stuff because if I wind up in hospital, I'm not likely to have access to so much grapefruit.

I might add that it's a live enzyme designed to remove toxins... and so I wonder what unwanted compounds it elevates the levels of.

I take as prescribe - always and exactly for that very reason.

Do you know how to remove the Naloxone? Removing It wouldn’t be that efficient would it?

So you crush yours and eat it? That’s exactly what I did and that’s exactly why I’m posting on Bluelight about Targin I’m trying to get some questions answered

I crushed mine and ate it and experienced horrible problems
I'm sorry you went through that hell. A research chemist could dissolve the tablets, keeping the naltrexone beads intact, and then filter out the beads.

But it'd be trial and error because the exact specs are trade secrets shared only with FDA.

Pfizer TROXYCA ER is a capsule of oxycodone and naltrexone that deters misuse by chewing, crushing or grinding. Naltrexone is sequestered in little beads, supposedly not absorbed until maybe the very end, causing no harm.

TROXYCA ER in 2016 led to copycat opiates with naltrexone beads.

Naltrexone lasts much longer than naloxone. Naloxone / Narcan is a hell lasting hours, but Naltrexone Hell lasts days.

It sounds like you put yourself through precipitated withdrawals.

Last edited:
Naloxone has a phenolic -OH, oxycodone does not so it's easy to remove as codeine is from morphine (but in this case it's the stuff that DOESN'T form the insoluble salt that you want).

They rally have a low opinion of the public - it's in Hundreds of books in dozens of languages and in hundreds of papers.

But to be clear - you are crashing out the unwanted naloxone.

I tried it, it works.