• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time oxycodone advice

Gravy56

Greenlighter
Okay so I recently got my hands on a few oxycodone time release tabs (targin brand with naloxone to prevent constipation - naloxone is not well absorbed orall so shouldnt affect high).
I am fairly opioid naieve and have only ever had codeine twice - last dose was approx 270mg but didnt feel great effects from that.
I have a few questions about trying these oxys, i am planning on taking 15mg and possibly another 5 after an hour if not at desired effect.

1- i am planning to crush the tablets to remove the time release mechanism - has anyone got experience with this?

2 - i am worried about nausea - should i take promethazine along with them to combat this and itch?

3- i have alot of experience with weed and might smoke a joint along with it - is this a good combo?

4 - does oxy result in a ‘hangover’ effect the next day?

Any help would be great thanks!
Ps I know i shouldnt mess with opioids but I only have a few tabs and do not have any regular access to them

Can someone please give me some info on this?

I’ve been wondering how this works for years and can never find an answer

My question is the same as Gravy56 the one who made this thread

Thanks

I have used Targin (oxycodone+naloxone) ~5 years ago. If my memory serves me right, back than, Targin had easily beatable time release. Crushing the pill results in IR oxycodone. Naloxone does not create any trouble. But bare in mind that I am talking about Targin pills that were in circulation 5 years ago. I don't know how Targin(act) release mechanism is formulated now. Be cautious and take care.

Edit - regarding questions 2-4 please read oxycodone mega thread. But in general, nausea is side effects of all opioids, especially if one is opioid naive. If one is taking oxycodone for the first time I wouldn't recommend combining with anything, and hangover can be present if too much oxycodone is used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh oxy you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind oh oxy!

Been years since i got my hands on any. I'd love to get some now and shoot it the fuck up (mixed with k of course) 😂 😈 💉

I am planning on taking 15 mg
I'd start with 20.if you did 260mg of codine and didn’t feel the effects, I'd go for 20.
1- i am planning to crush the tablets to remove the time release mechanism - has anyone got experience with this?
I've crushed som 80's with ER, but I know that dome pills are harder than others. Who made the pills? Mundipharma are the best IMO.
2 - i am worried about nausea
The only thing that remived nausea for me was a few Datura Stramonium seeds. They also boost the experience. Nausea is however the price to pay sometimes with opiates. With time, you'll learn to puke with a smile - but I hope you don't get there.
- should i take promethazine along with them to combat this and itch?
It helps with the itch and adds sedation IME.
3- i have alot of experience with weed and might smoke a joint along with it - is this a good combo?
Fantastic combo. Helps with nauseatoo. Might get you nodding. Nicotine is the great with opiates. They always made me nod, cigaretter on top of oxy or morphine or heroin.
4 - does oxy result in a ‘hangover’ effect the next day?
Some feel pretty bad, some have an afterglow. Impossible to say, so the eat thing is to have no obligation the day after.
Any help would be great thanks!
Ps I know i shouldnt mess with opioids but I only have a few tabs and do not have any regular access to them
That’s good. They ar very sneaky. They lure yo in, so be careful buddy.

Good luck. Sorryif the spelling is off, I'm on my phone and mybthumbs are fat.

Should you ever have thought of not just crushing, but also insufflating the resulting powder - don't do it. Besides the nasty fillers, naloxone is very well absorbed that route and very active, had to learn it the hard way - and to that point in time I didn't even have an opioid tolerance, so according to medicine what I experienced as one of the worst acute drug experiences, should have been placebo.

Should you ever have thought of not just crushing, but also insufflating the resulting powder - don't do it. Besides the nasty fillers, naloxone is very well absorbed that route and very active, had to learn it the hard way - and to that point in time I didn't even have an opioid tolerance, so according to medicine what I experienced as one of the worst acute drug experiences, should have been placebo.
Is insufflating concerning snorting, smoking, or both? Was also wondering whether Targin can be smoked

Is insufflating concerning snorting, smoking, or both? Was also wondering whether Targin can be smoked
For me it's snorting at least, but really smoking pills without extraction sounds like a one way ticket to wrecked lung to me. You'll burn a shitload of fillers and inhale the fumes.

For me it's snorting at least, but really smoking pills without extraction sounds like a one way ticket to wrecked lung to me. You'll burn a shitload of fillers and inhale the fumes.
Cheers mate, could you point me in the direction of any simple extraction methods that would also work with getting rid of the naloxone?

I wouldn't want to smoke it too often, just on occasion as most other recreational drugs are off the table for me at the moment and I am using these for genuine pain relief

could you point me in the direction of any simple extraction methods that would also work with getting rid of the naloxone?
Unfortunately I need to leave this to somebody who's more educated in chemistry - I am just catching up high school stuff, lol, as where I grew up access to school was quite limited if you once drop out.
Only know for sure about codeine and DXM, there cold water extraction is quite famous to get rid of e.g. paracetamol, aspirin etc. but no clue whether this works for oxycodone too. The naloxone needs out for sure before either insufflating or smoking, as it is fully active these routes unlike orally - I learned it the hard way, thought it needed to be injected for working but it was absolutely awful hour..

The amount of naloxone in suboxone is pretty negligible when smoking or snorting, Iv both smoked and snorted subs, if you find a way to separate it tho let me know!

The amount of naloxone in suboxone is pretty negligible when smoking or snorting, Iv both smoked and snorted subs, if you find a way to separate it tho let me know!
Hmm, maybe bupe has a stronger affinity to the mu receptor than naloxone?

I accidentally got a full dysphoria hell for one hour when I stupidly snorted part of a tilidine/naloxone pill. This was maybe 1.5 or 2 mg's of naloxone - and I was pretty opioid naive at that time, so it shouldn't have had any effect..

I take IR Oxys. 20mg might be more than you need if your opiate naive.

There are a few steps you’re missing in between codeine and Oxy. If you have no experience with hydrocodone, which is much weaker than oxycodone, I wouldn’t take a whole 20mgs. Take half, and give it an hour to 90 minutes before you take more.

As a daily user of Oxy, I think you’re going to be blown away by it. I take 80mgs/daily and I occasionally take 30mgs at once if I’m in real pain. Sometimes 30mg is too much. Be mindful that you can always take more once you see how 1/2 a pill works for you.

Good luck with your Oxy venture.

Is there a link or thread I can search for CWE instructions?
crush pills to powder, no chunks. 5ml or half teaspoon of cold tap water per pill. mix in a glass preferably made of glass. stir vigorously. put in freezer to get very cold, approximately 10 minutes. meanwhile get another glass and a paper coffee filter (or something similar like a paper towel) and get it soaking wet. drape it over your second glass. remove glass with drugs from freezer and pour through wet filter. twist up filter and wring out gently careful not to tear it. discard filter and everything in it cuz that's the bad stuff.

10 years ago I was curious about oxy, now I'm 2 months clean shooting dope but popping hydromorh like candy.

I know you're going to do it regardless but just know you're playing with fire.

It's not a controllable habit for very long