• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin First time IV use / long time opiate user

pointless_existence

Greenlighter
I have used this website to find answers to my questions for 10+ years, my have we grown together.. from baby addict me popping hydrocodone to asking how much to shoot up.. so this is my first post here on this website, I have been addicted to opiates since I was 12 (on/off) now I've been sniffing h for almost 2 years. I can sniff an entire ball (3.5g) and not feel a thing unless I smoke weed with it.. so I'm finally at the point where I'm shooting up. My question is, how much do I use my first time shooting up? Again I can sniff anywhere from 1.5-3.5 in one go, and be fine. I'm 5', 175 lbs roughly, female. My tolerance is just too high at this point.. but I'm not tryna die either, no narcan on hand (plan on getting some), so any advice appreciated... and you're not changing my mind, so thanks anyways.

Please get off this train now!! It's now moving to fast and you seem to just want to go Faster ?? No one has ever kept the opiate train running hard and lived, free and happy!!!
There is not enough real H out there to get on this express train !

You won't listen !! But please understand how much pain and damage you will do to all the people who love you !

As others have said, it's a bad idea to start shooting up in general, though you'll get no judgement from me. I've been clean off H for 12 years and never shot my dope so have no experience with needles/how much to use initially.

Also, it sounds like you're either getting extremely poor quality heroin or have a MONSTER tolerance that I've never heard of anyone having. An eight ball (3.5g) is a shitload of heroin to do at a time, even for people that have been using for decades and decades. I'm inclined to believe you have really bad product that has been stomped on big time.

Anyhow, perhaps someone more experienced than me will come along with an answer. My suggestion would be to not try injecting any heroin unless you have Narcan and preferably don't use alone.

I also suggest reading the Safe Injection Handbook before going any further with your plans.

Good luck and stay safe.

Please get off this train now!! It's now moving to fast and you seem to just want to go Faster ?? No one has ever kept the opiate train running hard and lived, free and happy!!!
There is not enough real H out there to get on this express train !

You won't listen !! But please understand how much pain and damage you will do to all the people who love you !
I appreciate your assumptions, but trust me when I say the damage done by the people who "love" me exceeds anything I could do to myself. I have tried to "get off the train", and I'm humble enough to admit I'm not strong enough to do it on my own, but I haven't had a support system since before I came out the womb. I need to save money and that's all it comes down to. Thanks for your response.

Ok in general I'd say not to exceed around 15 mg for a total beginner's iv dose. Though the gear you got seems to be VERY heavily stepped on. Also you are not a novice. Still better safe than sorry. You never know if the next batch isn't suddenly of greater purity than the stuff you usually cop. So use less than what you think you need initially. Start low, go slow aka the golden rule. Have a using buddy watch you if at all possible. If you know any injectors get him to show you or read up on the correct technique as suggested above. Good luck & stay safe.

As others have said, it's a bad idea to start shooting up in general, though you'll get no judgement from me. I've been clean off H for 12 years and never shot my dope so have no experience with needles/how much to use initially.

Also, it sounds like you're either getting extremely poor quality heroin or have a MONSTER tolerance that I've never heard of anyone having. An eight ball (3.5g) is a shitload of heroin to do at a time, even for people that have been using for decades and decades. I'm inclined to believe you have really bad product that has been stomped on big time.

Anyhow, perhaps someone more experienced than me will come along with an answer. My suggestion would be to not try injecting any heroin unless you have Narcan and preferably don't use alone.

I also suggest reading the Safe Injection Handbook before going any further with your plans.

Good luck and stay safe.
I meant to respond to this, but life, y'know. I do know that the stuff I'm getting is not the best, but these days I'm just grateful to not get a bag with xylazine in it to be completely honest. I do know for some horrible reason I'm built like a f*ckn horse, my dealer has told me multiple times in the past he wasn't gonna meet me until it had been another 48 hours cause he didn't want "an od on his hands" (I.e. I had picked up 8gs on Friday morning and Saturday evening I hit him back up) so I was just stuck sick af. And he recently switched his supplier a few months ago, and I'm not sure if it's the new stuff or just been long enough to have the effect on me but occasionally when I wake up, even if I used the night before, I start violently vomiting, my body immediately drenches in sweat and I don't stop puking every 5 minutes until I use. I'm tired of this cycle but I truly don't know how to get out. I'm a single mom. I have a full time job. A house to keep up with, dogs, bills, etc I can't just lock myself away for a week to get thru the withdrawal. I keep going back and forth, I haven't used yet simply bc I haven't had time alone where I can try the first time (i never use to the point of nodding out if my kids are home, and to be honest I don't even remember the last time I had a genuine high, the last year or so has been nothing but just trying to not be sick).

I appreciate your response. It means a lot. I don't know anyone else that uses, at least not nearby. I truly just keep to myself, mind my business, and take care of my kids (as ironic and unbelievable that probably sounds). I have one friend, and she + my coworkers/anyone else in my life has no clue. So it's nice seeing a non judgemental response from someone who knows how I feel despite being a stranger. Congrats on 12 years, that's truly amazing. ❤️

Ok in general I'd say not to exceed around 15 mg for a total beginner's iv dose. Though the gear you got seems to be VERY heavily stepped on. Also you are not a novice. Still better safe than sorry. You never know if the next batch isn't suddenly of greater purity than the stuff you usually cop. So use less than what you think you need initially. Start low, go slow aka the golden rule. Have a using buddy watch you if at all possible. If you know any injectors get him to show you or read up on the correct technique as suggested above. Good luck & stay safe.
Thank you, I was thinking a half g, so honestly I'm grateful for your comment. As stated in a previous comment (pending moderator approval) I haven't had the chance yet, just bc I want to be home alone in case things do go wrong. No one in my life except my dealers knows I'm using, and the "friends" I did have that used have passed now/are no longer in my life (shocker), I have one friend but marijuana gives her anxiety so she has no knowledge other than a nicotine high lol. Thank you much ❤️

There is an organization called Never Use Alone. You ring them up when you're about to use, tell them your name and address, what you're gonna be taking and how much. They stay on the call with you during and will send emergency services if you become unresponsive.

Do you have access to Naloxone? That + a junkie friend could save your life.

when one has reached The estate of opioid dependency the risk of Death decreases significantly because of tolerance. People will use heroin daily mostly die if they combinate With benzos or alcohol or other cns depressants.

I meant to respond to this, but life, y'know. I do know that the stuff I'm getting is not the best, but these days I'm just grateful to not get a bag with xylazine in it to be completely honest. I do know for some horrible reason I'm built like a f*ckn horse, my dealer has told me multiple times in the past he wasn't gonna meet me until it had been another 48 hours cause he didn't want "an od on his hands" (I.e. I had picked up 8gs on Friday morning and Saturday evening I hit him back up) so I was just stuck sick af. And he recently switched his supplier a few months ago, and I'm not sure if it's the new stuff or just been long enough to have the effect on me but occasionally when I wake up, even if I used the night before, I start violently vomiting, my body immediately drenches in sweat and I don't stop puking every 5 minutes until I use. I'm tired of this cycle but I truly don't know how to get out. I'm a single mom. I have a full time job. A house to keep up with, dogs, bills, etc I can't just lock myself away for a week to get thru the withdrawal. I keep going back and forth, I haven't used yet simply bc I haven't had time alone where I can try the first time (i never use to the point of nodding out if my kids are home, and to be honest I don't even remember the last time I had a genuine high, the last year or so has been nothing but just trying to not be sick).

I appreciate your response. It means a lot. I don't know anyone else that uses, at least not nearby. I truly just keep to myself, mind my business, and take care of my kids (as ironic and unbelievable that probably sounds). I have one friend, and she + my coworkers/anyone else in my life has no clue. So it's nice seeing a non judgemental response from someone who knows how I feel despite being a stranger. Congrats on 12 years, that's truly amazing. ❤️
I see and thanks for the props on 12 years, means a lot to me :heart3:

Anyhow, with the amounts you are presently consuming I'd really be curious to know what is in my drugs if I were you (the amounts you are consuming don't seem to match heroin of even a poor grade.... it might not even be heroin).

As you mentioned, especially given the prevalence of things like xylazine, etizolam, fentanyl, nitazenes etc in adulterated heroin, that you purchase fentanyl test strips as an added precaution. This is also a good idea given your dealer has "switched his supplier." If you're getting consistently bad stuff (which you are if you can get through 3.5g in a day), perhaps consider switching to another trusted source if possible. If you do so, use fentanyl test strips and go very low in terms of dosage (even though you are not opiate naive).

When I saw you were thinking a 500mg shot would be a good starter dose I thought that was really inadvisable. Start low and slow if you're still determined to go this route. I also hope you've taken a look at the Safe Injection Handbook I linked above.

I'd heed this advice:
There is an organization called Never Use Alone. You ring them up when you're about to use, tell them your name and address, what you're gonna be taking and how much. They stay on the call with you during and will send emergency services if you become unresponsive.

Be well and take care.

Never Inject Alone, Always have a friend with PRELOADED narcan on hand that you literally trust with your life. ALWAYS (you will break these rules eventually if you go down this road. I did.

Please let me save you alot of strife and struggle and you save your own life. The heroin out there is all fent bombed and often has other long lasting opioids that narcan WILL NOT ALWAYS REVERSE.

This is why I quit both heroin and needles. (the coke around here sucks and the pills are priced for college kids and I refuse....) That being said I would try damn hard to acquire a legit pill before I went syringe roulette again.

15 mg of fent you dead as a dog (as im sure you know); how much do you trust the blackmarket to makesure the cut is evenly distributed?

If you have access to ACTUAL heroin with no active cuts, than god bless and enjoy: hell know the rest of us are envious. In this case 15 mg is a safe starting point........

woah hold up, re-reading your post, by snort a ball do you mean 3.5 grams at once? You do realize that .1 "a stamp" is 100 mg and a likely overdose most users. 3,500 mg of H? For years so you should know your shit a little bit, are you sure you haven't been had product wise?

Real heroin isn't even real anymore don't shoot up! Watch the documentary Black Tar Heroin: The dark end of the street those people shoot up, do they seem happy? I've never met a happy drug addict and you trying to make your addiction worse.

-Baphomet
:vampire: :vampire: :vampire:

You have no idea what's coming for you and I wish you the best, really. Not even in a judgemental "you shouldn't have done that way," genuinely its impossible to put into words what is probably going to consume your entire life, if not all of it forever even. If possible, hop off the train as soon as possible because even though it feels incredibly euphoric, the suffering from heroin dependency is like nothing I've seen before. I've never seen people in such a dark spot as on heroin. Its one of the worst things to witness from the outside, because every good quality of a person is instantly lost until they get off the drugs entirely. Anything good about you as a person, most likely is not coming back for a long time. Heroin is not a recreational drug, because you are the slave and it controls you whether you want it or not.

If you're not feeling anything from snorting then at least consider starting to plug it rather than jumping straight to IV

For me personally, when I changed from chasing the dragon and doing 10 bags a day, I found I could shoot up 3 bags max and that whacked me hard, so I would advice 2 but also I just want to make sure everyone knows that are H is still fent free. So I don't have that worry yet.