• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First Time IV Heroin

you shouldn't have to use any vitamin c. only water and heat til everything is dissolved. then draw through filter. you may be using too much water if your not feeling a good rush as well. i know when i used to bang hydros or anything for that matter i always used as little water as i had to. just me though i have no idea if that's bad to do or not. anyone else know? either way water and heat should dissolve bth without any trouble

you shouldn't have to use any vitamin c. only water and heat til everything is dissolved. then draw through filter. you may be using too much water if your not feeling a good rush as well. i know when i used to bang hydros or anything for that matter i always used as little water as i had to. just me though i have no idea if that's bad to do or not. anyone else know? either way water and heat should dissolve bth without any trouble

I don't know that it's bad to do, but I've never liked how easy it makes it to miss a large amount of the shot.

You do generally wanna use less water
rather than more, but I doubt that's the problem here.

Unless you're shooting it extremely slowly, you're still getting the whole shot inside of a few seconds. Generally you feel it before you've even finished the shot.

Id think that should still be plenty fast enough to feel a rush if you're going to.

Thank you.

I don't know that it's bad to do, but I've never liked how easy it makes it to miss a large amount of the shot.

You do generally wanna use less water
rather than more, but I doubt that's the problem here.

Unless you're shooting it extremely slowly, you're still getting the whole shot inside of a few seconds. Generally you feel it before you've even finished the shot.

Id think that should still be plenty fast enough to feel a rush if you're going to.
i agree with what your saying a person that's new to iv should still feel a rush. i want to use meth as a good example of less is more when it comes to water. i always felt the more potent the solution the better the rush. but that's coming from an experienced ex-user of both opiates and meth. i honestly think it's a trial and error thing. never a bad thing to be on the safe side until you know how you react and then adjust your water:DOC ratio as needed to acquire the biggest bang for your buck. no pun intended.

Thank you.
if your getting relief and a rush isn't the main thing then i think your okay where you are. if the rush is what your looking for like i said above better to be safe than sorry and with experience you can adjust your ratios and get what you want out of your shot

i agree with what your saying a person that's new to iv should still feel a rush. i want to use meth as a good example of less is more when it comes to water. i always felt the more potent the solution the better the rush. but that's coming from an experienced ex-user of both opiates and meth. i honestly think it's a trial and error thing. never a bad thing to be on the safe side until you know how you react and then adjust your water:DOC ratio as needed to acquire the biggest bang for your buck. no pun intended.

In my experience, how good it feels, how much of a rush there is, seems to vary a lot regardless of most things you can control like volume of water.

It stands to reason that less water should result in a better rush, in practice though I've found the difference pretty negligible by comparison to the difference from shot to shot with no clear identifiable reason at all

It's really weird. Even with methadone which I get legally, how much I feel it and how euphoric it feels seems to vary for no clear reason.

I can't really attest to meth though. I've used it on many occasions, but never on a daily basis for an extended period.

In my experience, how good it feels, how much of a rush there is, seems to vary a lot regardless of most things you can control like volume of water.

It stands to reason that less water should result in a better rush, in practice though I've found the difference pretty negligible by comparison to the difference from shot to shot with no clear identifiable reason at all

It's really weird. Even with methadone which I get legally, how much I feel it and how euphoric it feels seems to vary for no clear reason.

I can't really attest to meth though. I've used it on many occasions, but never on a daily basis for an extended period.
i hear what your saying. too many variables to say definitively that the amount of water has any effect on the rush. sorry if i mistook what you said. i think we have both had varying experiences from one another with it drug use. what works for one doesn't work for another. or any set of circumstances can change the experience any given time. meth may be a different ball game. that was my thing for the majority of my using days. i only got addicted to opiates after being clean off meth for 6 or so months. so maybe my perception of iv use is skewed a bit. either way i don't wanna highjack the thread and turn it into a meth convo hahaha although i would love to trust me.

OP - I'm curious if you felt nauseous at all. When I tried IV heroin with zero opioid tolerance it was like your experience: no rush, some physical pain went away and itchy feeling. Then an hour or two later violent nausea for hours.

OP - I'm curious if you felt nauseous at all. When I tried IV heroin with zero opioid tolerance it was like your experience: no rush, some physical pain went away and itchy feeling. Then an hour or two later violent nausea for hours.

Slight nausea but nothing like you described. I did itch all over but I wouldn't say I was uncomfortable. Probably because I was.

I'm trying grey powder today by sniffing it. I've done 35 mg so far and ten minutes later feel pretty decent. Slightly more nauseated than the BTH but nothing too extreme.

I have a big question ive never done heroin, but i would like to dilute a gram to have a decent pain killer injection for my blown disc in my spine. Can anyone please help me out here. Cause i dont wanna f myself up..

for inflammatory pain I highly recommend using a NSAID of some sort, naproxen is what I find works well for my burns. Studies have shown that opioids alone for pain control are not anywhere near as effective as Rx NSAIDs or NSAIDs plus opioids.

I would recommend IM usage of opioids rather than IV if you are using them for non-recreational purposes simply because the rush is guaranteed to increase tolerance.

I have a big question ive never done heroin, but i would like to dilute a gram to have a decent pain killer injection for my blown disc in my spine. Can anyone please help me out here. Cause i dont wanna f myself up..

Uhh, well if you have no tolerance you shouldn't be going anywhere near a gram of heroin.

I'm not sure what you mean by diluting it, but heroin should be mixed up just before use, it shouldn't be kept dissolved in water for very long.

If you're thinking of trying heroin and don't have much of a tolerance, you should exercise extreme caution. Especially these days with fentanyl all over the place.

for inflammatory pain I highly recommend using a NSAID of some sort, naproxen is what I find works well for my burns. Studies have shown that opioids alone for pain control are not anywhere near as effective as Rx NSAIDs or NSAIDs plus opioids.

I would recommend IM usage of opioids rather than IV if you are using them for non-recreational purposes simply because the rush is guaranteed to increase tolerance.

I don't see why the rush would increase tolerance (beyond what IM would), but it'll definitely increase addictiveness. Really it'd be smart to stay away from opioids entirely unless the pain is truly unmanageable with non opioid pain killers.

I was under the impression that more rapid peaks in brain opioid levels generally result in more rapid tolerance development.

I was under the impression that more rapid peaks in brain opioid levels generally result in more rapid tolerance development.

I haven't heard that. My experience has always been tolerance is caused by duration of opioid exposure more than anything else.

Either way though, even if IV doesn't inherently increase tolerance any faster than IM, it does increase addictiveness, which can increase frequency of use, and that can certainly increase tolerance.