• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First Time IV Heroin

Monkey_Mouse+Cat

Greenlighter
I've searched but I haven't found the advice I'm looking for.

I'm going to be using IV heroin for the first time and I don't have the luxury of having someone watching me. My source is a supposed reputable darknet vendor. This is not my first time IVing any substance only the first time with heroin. In any case, I'd really appreciate any harm reduction assistance from those in the know or if anyone can point me to a good source of information. Thank you!

Which is the preferred insulin syringe gauge and size? Will a 30 gauge insulin needle get clogged?
What is your must have equipment to get off safely and effectively? (Filters, needles, syringes, etc.)
How can one draw up the solution without blunting the needle or wasting any?
How much water is needed to dissolve a beginner dose of 10 mg? Will 20 units of water be enough?
How much vitamin C is needed to dissolve 10 mg?
Is a micron filter a must or will an American Spirit cigarette filter work?
Is there an effective process for mixing up say, 200 mg in 200 units of water and simply backfilling an insulin syringe with 10 units or is it dangerous to mix that amount?
How can I test by snorting first?
Any other general advice other than, "don't do it"?

Thank you for any input and be well!

IME any needles work, small ones are better. You want a good filter meant for this kind of thing, wheel or micron I think they are called. Everything sterile, alcohol swab the injection site. Placing the needle into the filter should not dull it just dont poke all the way through you want it right in the middle of the filter. Donty reuse the needle thats the biggest piece of HR, that will make it a nasty blunt thing

You don't need much water ime, start small add more to fully dissolve if needed. Never needed the vit c so not to sure I think u need very little. Never used a cig filter myself but Ive heard its better than nothing,

I do believe a 200mg/200units water should be homogeneous, meaning evenly mixed but heroin degrades after being in water too long, like 24hr plus. Also you don't want to make a dumb math mistake or something

I would test by smoking

Good luck, most likely doing heroin IV its gonna get ya into daily use but I hope not man, getting clean can be a long shitty road

IME any needles work, small ones are better. You want a good filter meant for this kind of thing, wheel or micron I think they are called. Everything sterile, alcohol swab the injection site. Placing the needle into the filter should not dull it just dont poke all the way through you want it right in the middle of the filter. Donty reuse the needle thats the biggest piece of HR, that will make it a nasty blunt thing

You don't need much water ime, start small add more to fully dissolve if needed. Never needed the vit c so not to sure I think u need very little. Never used a cig filter myself but Ive heard its better than nothing,

I do believe a 200mg/200units water should be homogeneous, meaning evenly mixed but heroin degrades after being in water too long, like 24hr plus. Also you don't want to make a dumb math mistake or something

I would test by smoking

Good luck, most likely doing heroin IV its gonna get ya into daily use but I hope not man, getting clean can be a long shitty road

Thank you!

Whenever I am trying a new source of H or fent I dissolve .5g in about 30ml of saline, pour into an empty saline spray bottle, and snort it, That way I can tell how strong it is and can better gauge other uses. Probably a good idea to have a dose or two of naloxone on hand, just in case of an oopsie (many pharmacies give away for free, you can say its for another person, that's allowed).

I've searched but I haven't found the advice I'm looking for.

I'm going to be using IV heroin for the first time and I don't have the luxury of having someone watching me. My source is a supposed reputable darknet vendor. This is not my first time IVing any substance only the first time with heroin. In any case, I'd really appreciate any harm reduction assistance from those in the know or if anyone can point me to a good source of information. Thank you!

Which is the preferred insulin syringe gauge and size? Will a 30 gauge insulin needle get clogged?
What is your must have equipment to get off safely and effectively? (Filters, needles, syringes, etc.)
How can one draw up the solution without blunting the needle or wasting any?
How much water is needed to dissolve a beginner dose of 10 mg? Will 20 units of water be enough?
How much vitamin C is needed to dissolve 10 mg?
Is a micron filter a must or will an American Spirit cigarette filter work?
Is there an effective process for mixing up say, 200 mg in 200 units of water and simply backfilling an insulin syringe with 10 units or is it dangerous to mix that amount?
How can I test by snorting first?
Any other general advice other than, "don't do it"?

Thank you for any input and be well!

OK so I'll answer your questions in order.

You can get away with most any syringe, but fixed needle insulin syringes, 1ml/100unit in 27-30g is best.

I always had trouble with 30g, I generally found 27g and 29g to work best.

As for must have equipment, well obviously you wanna be as safe as you can, in which case you want the syringe, micron filters, sterile water for injection, alcohol swabs, and something clean to mix it up with. Exchanges here give you plastic spoons for that purpose, but whatever you use you wanna wipe it down with an alcohol pad first.

Ideally you should use the back of the plunger of a new unused syringe to mix it since it's sterile.

But.. I'll be honest, I've given myself thousands of injections and it's pretty rare I've done all of that. When you're a junkie you tend to make do with what you have when you need it. I'm by no means telling you not to follow all the above advice, you should, but I also can't say I've ever used a micron filter in reality.

Drawing up the drug without blunting the needle or wasting any. Well, unless you get to the point of being a full on junkie who reuses old filters repeatedly in desperation, I would just accept that if you have little or no tolerance to heroin, wasting a tiny bit shouldn't be a priority. You'll waste a tiny bit no matter what, and recovering it is too unhygienic.

As for not blunting the needle, I always used fixed needle syringes so that's simply not realistic either. You gotta draw it up through the filter (I just used cotton from qtips), and that will blunt the needle a bit. It'll still be super sharp, but it will blunt it a little.

If you have a detachable syringe though you could draw it up through the filter through the hub of the syringe itself I suppose. I've never done that myself though.

How much water do you need for 10mg? 20 units is more than enough. I generally wouldn't go lower than 20 units no matter what I was injecting since it seems more likely at that point that the blood that goes into the syringe could clot. Also it's too easy to waste it from a missed shot if there's almost no water.

But strictly speaking, it shouldn't take almost any water to dissolve 10mg. I'd probably use about 20 units too.

As for vitamin c, I have no clue. Where I live heroin all readily dissolves in water without heat or acid. It shouldn't need it unless it's base heroin for smoking, but it depends on where the heroin you're using comes from, and if it's off the darknet, God knows.

A cigarette filter will work but they're undesirable, I've pretty much always used cotton from qtips, but micron would be best.

I generally wouldn't premix heroin, water can go bad over time if there are contaminants in it, better to mix up each time which is what I always did.

Can you snort it? Probably depends on the kind of heroin it is, I've only ever shot my heroin so someone else will have to answer that.

Take care man, only other advice I'd give...
Ideally you want someone to watch you in case you OD, isn't too likely on 10mg, but it certainly can't hurt.

If you use a tourniquet you should release it before shooting, make sure to shoot towards the heart rather than away from.

Don't reuse the syringe, although this is once again a piece of advice I followed extremely poorly in practice.

For all those bad practices, I got away with only contracting hep C, which was subsequently cured. But I've known people who've died of endocarditis. These are important precautions. It's just that when you're in the middle of a severe heroin habit, this shit tends to go out the window fast.

That's about all I can think of.

Last edited:
OK so I'll answer your questions in order.

You can get away with most any syringe, but fixed needle insulin syringes, 1ml/100unit in 27-30g is best.

I always had trouble with 30g, I generally found 27g and 29g to work best.

As for must have equipment, well obviously you wanna be as safe as you can, in which case you want the syringe, micron filters, sterile water for injection, alcohol swabs, and something clean to mix it up with. Exchanges here give you plastic spoons for that purpose, but whatever you use you wanna wipe it down with an alcohol pad first.

Ideally you should use the back of the plunger of a new unused to mix it since it's sterile.

But.. I'll be honest, I've given myself thousands of injections and it's pretty rare I've done all of that. When you're a junkie you tend to make do with what you have when you need it. I'm by no means telling you not to follow all the above advice, you should, but I also can't say I've ever used a micron filter in reality.

Drawing up the drug without blunting the needle or wasting any. Well, unless you get to the point of being a full on junkie who reuses old filters repeatedly in desperation, I would just accept that if you have little or no tolerance to heroin, wasting a tiny bit shouldn't be a priority. You'll wage a tiny bit no matter what, and recovering it is too unhygienic.

As for not blunting the needle, I always used fixed needle syringes so that's simply not realistic either. You gotta draw it up through the filter (I just used cotton from qtips), and that will blunt the needle a bit. It'll still be super sharp, but it will blunt it a little.

If you have a detachable syringe though you could draw it up through the filter through the hub of the syringe itself I suppose. I've never done that myself though.

How much water do you need for 10mg? 20 units is more than enough. I generally wouldn't go lower than 20 units no matter what I was injecting since it seems more likely at that point that the blood that goes into the syringe could clot. Also it's too easy to waste it from a missed shot if there's almost no water.

But strictly speaking, it shouldn't take almost any water to dissolve 10mg. I'd probably use about 20 units too.

As for vitamin c, I have no clue. Where I live heroin all readily dissolves in water without heat or acid. It shouldn't need it unless it's base heroin for smoking, but it depends on where the heroin you're using comes from, and if it's off the darknet, God knows.

A cigarette filter will work but they're undesirable, I've pretty much always used cotton from qtips, but micron would be best.

I generally wouldn't premix heroin, water can go bad over time if there are contaminants in it, better to mix up each time which is what I always did.

Can you snort it? Probably depends on the kind of heroin it is, I've only ever shot my heroin so someone else will have to answer that.

Take care man, only other advice I'd give...
Ideally you want someone to watch you in case you OD, isn't too likely on 10mg, but it certainly can't hurt.

If you use a tourniquet you should release it before shooting, make sure to shoot towards the heart rather than away from.

Don't reuse the syringe, although this is once again a piece of advice I followed extremely poorly in practice.

For all those bad practices, I got away with only contracting hep C, which was subsequently cured. But I've known people who've died of endocarditis. These are important precautions. It's just that when you're in the middle of a severe heroin habit, this shit tends to go out the window fast.

That's about all I can think of.

Thank you so much for the advice. Extremely helpful.

Whenever I am trying a new source of H or fent I dissolve .5g in about 30ml of saline, pour into an empty saline spray bottle, and snort it, That way I can tell how strong it is and can better gauge other uses. Probably a good idea to have a dose or two of naloxone on hand, just in case of an oopsie (many pharmacies give away for free, you can say its for another person, that's allowed).

Good tip. I ordered a .5 g of BTH and #4 each. I'll try to find some naloxone too. Dancing with the devil is an extreme sport but here we are. Thank you!

Placing the needle into the filter should not dull it just dont poke all the way through you want it right in the middle of the filter.

Placing the needle into anything will dull it, the point is not to dull it more than you have too. And you're probably still a lot better off with a needle that's been dulled to such a small extent from filtering that you can't tell without a microscope, than to not use a filter.

You could use detachable syringes to solve that problem, but I've never used them or seen them used for heroin. The main reason being that they cause you to waste some of the heroin. Some of the drug gets stuck in the hub.

What I would do, is press the needle down onto the cotton, with the beveled edge of the needle facing the cotton.

But who knows if that's better than some other approach, I'm just saying it's how I did it.

Actually I'll add one more piece of advice.

You may wanna use a bit more water than 20 units.

Maybe more like 40. The reason is, apart from being less likely to waste some of it on a miss shot, since heroin takes effect so fast, if you're not sure how it'll affect you, it'll allow you to shoot a bit of it, wait a few seconds to see how you feel, then shoot the rest if you feel alright.

It'd be better to just test it by snorting it or smoking it or something. I'm just mentioning it because it's something I've done when I've been unsure of potency. And I don't know as much about smoking and snorting heroin.

Also you might already know this, but if it hurts when you inject it, you're not in a vein. It should be painless when you inject. Sometimes even when you pull back on the syringe and see blood, and then transition to injecting, the act of moving your hand causes the needle to slip out of the vein. Injecting it should be painless, or at least it always has been with the heroin I've used.

Good tip. I ordered a .5 g of BTH and #4 each. I'll try to find some naloxone too. Dancing with the devil is an extreme sport but here we are. Thank you!

#4 shouldn't need an acid to dissolve.
I've never used BTH, but I'm 99% sure it doesn't either. But it might need to be heated, I dunno. I've never needed too with #4 but I've heard of people doing it with BTH.

Id say just try dissolving it without an acid, and add a bit if it doesn't seem to be dissolving. With the amount you're using #4 should dissolve very quickly.

Last edited:
Dont do it! Heroin is bad! Think of the children! Janis. Fucking. Joplin.

I'm only joking of course. Welcome to the gilded cage that is Opiate usage. It is a cage, but it is a pretty fucking spiffy cage indeed, but at any rate. Here we go.

1. Assume your Heroin is "pure", that is, comparatively. There are no guarantees, but as a general rule, darknet dope is more reliable than street dope, but both can be fire.

2. The higher the number, the smaller gauge of needle. The only purpose for larger bore needles is for taking undamaged blood samples and/or delivering large amounts or fluid fast. THE SMALLER THE NEEDLE, THE LESS DAMAGE TO THE TISSUE.

3. 200mg of pure Heroin could easily kill. Begin with no more than 30mg at most. You can always use more.

4. Ideally, you would test the substance is question by tye oral route. An injection leaves you very little recourse if you do too much.

Lastly, Never Use Alone is an awesome resource. If you are at all concerned, call them and tell them what you're doing.

They will check on you via phone post-dose. If you dont respond they will send a bus to pick you up and unless you're in Texas, the cops will generally treat you... ethically.

(800) 484-3731

I'm only joking of course. Welcome to the gilded cage that is Opiate usage. It is a cage, but it is a pretty fucking spiffy cage indeed, but at any rate. Here we go.

1. Assume your Heroin is "pure", that is, comparatively. There are no guarantees, but as a general rule, darknet dope is more reliable than street dope, but both can be fire.

2. The higher the number, the smaller gauge of needle. The only purpose for larger bore needles is for taking undamaged blood samples and/or delivering large amounts or fluid fast. THE SMALLER THE NEEDLE, THE LESS DAMAGE TO THE TISSUE.

3. 200mg of pure Heroin could easily kill. Begin with no more than 30mg at most. You can always use more.

4. Ideally, you would test the substance is question by tye oral route. An injection leaves you very little recourse if you do too much.

Lastly, Never Use Alone is an awesome resource. If you are at all concerned, call them and tell them what you're doing.

They will check on you via phone post-dose. If you dont respond they will send a bus to pick you up and unless you're in Texas, the cops will generally treat you... ethically.

(800) 484-3731

Oh wow that's a great service. I've never actually heard of that before.

If the BTH is sticky it might not want to dissolve in saline, in which case you could microwave the saline, that usually does the trick. Just remember to let it cool off before you stick it in your face. The #4 is prob powder and should dissolve more easily. If it were me, I'd take a little pinch of both in saline to gauge the strength.

T

(800) 484-3731

Thank you so much.

So I tried smoking the BTH, maybe 30 mg. It didn't seem like I was getting any smoke and that I was only burning it so I went IV. Again, about 30 mg dissolved in a tiny pinch of vitamin c and brought almost to in 50 units of water. The injection went smoothly. I did not feel a rush as others have described but I definitely feel something.

I'm wondering if I should use more vitamin c? The BTH dissolved well in the 50 units of water.

It was BTH. It dissolved well in 50 units of water. I added a pinch of vitamin C. Very small amount and it all seemed to dissolve just fine. Should I add more vitamin C next time. I feel something. More relaxed but there was no rush and so far nothing to write home about.

Do you have an existing opioid tolerance?

It depends on the quality of the heroin and on your tolerance.

But the most likely explanation is simply that you didn't take very much for your tolerance and the strength of the heroin.

OK. Well, it's real hard for me to say since I haven't used BTH, and I'm not familiar with how strong it's likely to be in your area.

For someone with no tolerance, and high quality heroin, 30mg CAN be quite a lot, but it might not be if the heroins not very strong.

Regardless of what it should or shouldn't be though, if it dissolved and you injected it and didn't feel much, the only explanation I can see is that it simply wasn't very much. :p

OK. Well, it's real hard for me to say since I haven't used BTH, and I'm not familiar with how strong it's likely to be in your area.

For someone with no tolerance, and high quality heroin, 30mg CAN be quite a lot, but it might not be if the heroins not very strong.

Regardless of what it should or shouldn't be though, if it dissolved and you injected it and didn't feel much, the only explanation I can see is that it simply wasn't very much. :p

Thats what I kinda figured. I don't know how vitamin C was required to "free" it. If it dissolved than it there should have been enough.

It isn't.

Vitamin c or a similar acid is only needed to help heroin dissolve if its not in a hydrochloride form.

A lot of heroin is like that to start with. It was my impression that BTH doesn't generally need an acid to dissolve either.

In short, if it dissolved without vitamin c, you don't need vitamin c. It's just to get it to dissolve if it's in a form that isn't water soluble to start with.

Personally I have never required an acid to dissolve any heroin I've ever used.

It isn't.

Vitamin c or a similar acid is only needed to help heroin dissolve if its not in a hydrochloride form.

A lot of heroin is like that to start with. It was my impression that BTH doesn't generally need an acid to dissolve either.

In short, if it dissolved without vitamin c, you don't need vitamin c. It's just to get it to dissolve if it's in a form that isn't water soluble to start with.

Personally I have never required an acid to dissolve any heroin I've ever used.

Thank you! I just did another round and upped the dose by about 30%. Still no rush but I'm definitely hit and my sciatic nerve pain is gone which is merciful. I also feel itchy so its doing something.