• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time cocaine

Fresco this is a harm reduction forum, not D.A.R.E. Take Fresco's advice with more than a grain of salt. Things were different when cocaine was literally everywhere, no-one had a bad thing to say about it, and it was strong and cheap.

Personally, and for those I'm close to, cocaine is one of the easier to control drugs when it comes to addiction-forming substances. If you have half an ounce all to yourself and no responsibilities, sure, you're gonna have a rough time. But, considering the cost, duration, and "status" of it, it's pretty damn easy to keep your usage in check. For me, knowing that the high only last 30-60 minutes, and once I start I'm pretty much not gonna wanna stop, it's not one of those "Hmmm maybe I'll just do a bump with lunch" or "Man, last week was really great, maybe I'll get another gram?" kind of things. Having used only in moderation (ie. never slamming line after line of good shit - I've been super coked out, but I don't push it, and when I am to that point, I don't even enjoy it and let it calm down) and sparingly in frequency of usage, I've never experienced cravings, withdrawals, or anything related to a habit, let alone addiction.

Just keep it to those five days in Ibiza and special occasion, you'll be fine as long as you don't have an addictive personality and can control your usage ie. redosing. My usage has been about 20-30 times since 2012.

If you start on cocaine now when you're 25 (and you think you can handle it) you'll be SORRY the day you ever did when you're 30 or 35.

But hey, go ahead and try if you think you can handle it. You've had your warning

I totally disagree with this sentiment for what it's worth. Not everybody who experiments with Cocaine winds up giving handjobs for nickel-rocks behind the Lowell Market Basket by the time they're 30. I would expect this sort of talk from Ronald Reagan. He's going on a goddamn vacation man. Enough of the scare-tactics. Granted, I'm an Opioid addict, but that doesn't mean everybody who uses Opioids is going to wind up in my position. This is not an afterschool special.

I totally disagree with this sentiment for what it's worth. Not everybody who experiments with Cocaine winds up giving handjobs for nickel-rocks behind the Lowell Market Basket by the time they're 30. I would expect this sort of talk from Ronald Reagan. He's going on a goddamn vacation man. Enough of the scare-tactics. Granted, I'm an Opioid addict, but that doesn't mean everybody who uses Opioids is going to wind up in my position. This is not an afterschool special.

That's true but there is also a chance that it could happen. Scare tactics? Why do people call facts/truth scare tactics? There is a reason drugs are labeled addictive. Cocaine happens to be a horrible drug to get addicted to too. I've had my dealer put a gun in my face because I was beating on his door at 3am. I've been in some sketchy places, places I did not fit in or belong in the name of cocaine. It's an extremely fiendish drug and I'm glad I don't use it anymore.

Those of us that speak from experience are not at all using scare tactics. We are mearly pointing out where it could lead and that's assuming that people live through it because I've also had friends die of cocaine overdose.

That's true but there is also a chance that it could happen. Scare tactics? Why do people call facts/truth scare tactics? There is a reason drugs are labeled addictive. Cocaine happens to be a horrible drug to get addicted to too. I've had my dealer put a gun in my face because I was beating on his door at 3am. I've been in some sketchy places, places I did not fit in or belong in the name of cocaine. It's an extremely fiendish drug and I'm glad I don't use it anymore.

Those of us that speak from experience are not at all using scare tactics. We are mearly pointing out where it could lead and that's assuming that people live through it because I've also had friends die of cocaine overdose
Thank you!!

Somebody needed to speak the truth in this thread!

Yup!!

And not only that, coke becomes more addictive as time goes on. You can probably handle the stuff for a few years (or maybe even a decade or so) by just doing it on weekends, but eventually it'll suck you in and own you!

Cocaine IS A HIGHLY ADDICTIVE drug!! I dont care what anyone says, its a dead-end street in the long run
Thanks! The sad thing is that once you try it a few times, it will be up to cocaine when you are done. could take you to homeless begging.

The sentiment was not, "these drugs are addictive, be careful", what was said: "If you start using Cocaine, you WILL BE SORRY". Do not paraphrase yourself for the sake of argument. I belive my colleagues and I were a little taken back by the comment because of how absolute you implied the decline into addiction will be for any man.

Thanks! The sad thing is that once you try it a few times, it will be up to cocaine when you are done. could take you to homeless begging
Well said, my friend.

And even though that wont happen to most people, cocaine is still a VERY addictive hard-drug.
I'm amazed how many people think this is just a party drug that carries no consequences.

I'm here to tell you, you will regret the day you ever got into coke!!
Trust me!!!!!

Stay the f__ck away from this stuff!!!
And dont let anyone tell you its not addictive!!

Get off of it. Nobody said Cocaine was not addictive. This is a picture that you're painting in your own mind, Fresco. We are a Harm Reduction forum. Obviously, if we're following said philosophy in a monastic fashion, we should all never do any drugs. There can be consequences. This is just so obvious regarding hard drugs that there is no practical reason to hijack the thread, just to preach to the OP. He has made the decision to use drugs. It is water under the bridge. What we do here at Bluelight is advise and aid people in their recreational drug use with the (hopefully) most sane and more importantly, realistic counsel.

The OP has stated explicitly that he is well aware of the addictive nature of Cocaine. For time immemorial, a major thorn in our side as a community has been the philosophy of "you don't need Harm Reduction information, because you just shouldn't do it". We've spent decades wading through the knee-deep shit that is conservative values regarding recreatioinal drug use and it's time for it to stop.

When people come to us asking us for serious advice, about serious life issues, we do not counter them with "just say no" bullshit. So when a Heroin addict asks about how to sterilize a disease-contaminated syringe, we should just tell him, "don't do it" and leave it at that? Do you understand how your philosophy is harmful to us as a community? Even if you mean well and have altruistic intentions, you are damaging our ability to present honest and concise information regarding these drugs. We do not play right, wrong or ethics here. We are about the safety and health of our users, who have made their own choices.

Cocaine is addictive. People get addicted to it. Some don't. Please stop wasting our space with the Nancy Reagan shit. It literally kills people.

Also Fresco, I would appreciate a cited reference in which we have implied that Cocaine is not addictive. If you don't find it, could you please apologize for attaching this misinformation to our reputations?

Keif' I am normally with you but for some reason you are taking this personally. While I agree that this is a harm reduction forum and not a abstinence forum when you have someone coming in here wanting to try cocaine for the very first time and their main question is focused on the possibility of addiction then I would think it would be yours, mine and everyone else's responsibility to try to get them to shy away from this substance.

The cuts are getting more and more dangerous along with it being a very addictive and extremely fiendish drug.

Why wouldn't you want the OP avoid the misery?

^just noticed your name is not GMILFER, lol. My last thought about this topic is that if you must do coke, having something to help you come down is very important, so you don't end up redosing a million times ;)

Get off of it. Nobody said Cocaine was not addictive. This is a picture that you're painting in your own mind, Fresco. We are a Harm Reduction forum. Obviously, if we're following said philosophy in a monastic fashion, we should all never do any drugs. There can be consequences. This is just so obvious regarding hard drugs that there is no practical reason to hijack the thread, just to preach to the OP. He has made the decision to use drugs. It is water under the bridge. What we do here at Bluelight is advise and aid people in their recreational drug use with the (hopefully) most sane and more importantly, realistic counsel.

The OP has stated explicitly that he is well aware of the addictive nature of Cocaine. For time immemorial, a major thorn in our side as a community has been the philosophy of "you don't need Harm Reduction information, because you just shouldn't do it". We've spent decades wading through the knee-deep shit that is conservative values regarding recreatioinal drug use and it's time for it to stop.

When people come to us asking us for serious advice, about serious life issues, we do not counter them with "just say no" bullshit. So when a Heroin addict asks about how to sterilize a disease-contaminated syringe, we should just tell him, "don't do it" and leave it at that? Do you understand how your philosophy is harmful to us as a community? Even if you mean well and have altruistic intentions, you are damaging our ability to present honest and concise information regarding these drugs. We do not play right, wrong or ethics here. We are about the safety and health of our users, who have made their own choices.

Cocaine is addictive. People get addicted to it. Some don't. Please stop wasting our space with the Nancy Reagan shit. It literally kills people.

Also Fresco, I would appreciate a cited reference in which we have implied that Cocaine is not addictive. If you don't find it, could you please apologize for attaching this misinformation to our reputations?
You want me to apologize for speaking the truth?? :?

Keif' I am normally with you but for some reason you are taking this personally. While I agree that this is a harm reduction forum and not a abstinence forum when you have someone coming in here wanting to try cocaine for the very first time and their main question is focused on the possibility of addiction then I would think it would be yours, mine and everyone else's responsibility to try to get them to shy away from this substance.

The cuts are getting more and more dangerous along with it being a very addictive and extremely fiendish drug.

Yes, exactly! I'm trying to scare this kid into not becoming a user. It might work, or it might not work.
But cocaine is an extremely addictive drug, dont let the weekend users tell you otherwise, because they might be caught up in a slow descent into hell, and perhaps misery loves company

Y
Yes, exactly! I'm trying to scare this kid into not becoming a user. It might work, or it might not work.
But cocaine is an extremely addictive drug, dont let the weekend users tell you otherwise, because they might be caught up in a slow descent into hell, and perhaps misery loves company

I agree. Two months into recreational IV coke use I wondered if I was addicted. I didn't know then but I do now and I was addicted by that point. It's scary how I went along having fun not realizing that I was becoming addicted. That's the how insidious this drug can be. I mean it's no skin off my ass if you get an addiction to cocaine. Just be informed about the possibility of becoming addicted. I've been kicking the can for 30 years.

FOR THE RECORD

OP did NOT ask about using cocaine and addiction. OP asked about using cocaine during a five day vacation, and the chances of addiction occurring after that kind of use. gmlifer and Fresco, you two need to cool it down. It's great that you have the perspective that you do now after your experiences but you are letting your personal issues get the best of you, the both of you. This is not a query as to the nature of cocaine and addiction in general, how addiction starts and how to be mindful of it, or anything else of the sort. This is a query as to the chances/risks of addiction after cocaine use for an off and on period of five days, while on vacation, and thus in an environment totally different to home.

The both of you are out of line and letting your egos out to play here. I won't repeat this again, your fear mongering is not welcome in this thread. Save it for the individual that needs it, not the curious vacation goer.

You are both showing your age. I'm sorry if either of you feel that I was out of line, I do not at all feel out of line. Addiction can start with one use. Death can happen with one use.

We can take this to pm if you like but I am just absolutely dying to know how telling someone the truth about a drug is fear mongering. Show me in any of most post where I embellished the facts to instill fear into the OP or anyone else that reads this thread that are considering using cocaine and wondering if they could possibly get addicted to it quickly.

Quick question to both of you. Have you been addicted to cocaine? Have you overdosed on cocaine? Have you had friends die because of cocaine? Those things will change you man.

Had the OP come in and asked about how to use it safely or if he was already using I would have responded much differently. He is going to a strange place with the intention of using for his first time and is considering daily use. I find it hard to believe that you would advise him to gamble in that manner.

EDIT: I just reread through my responses and I honestly don't see what it is that I said that warrants the hostility. I assure my only intent was to help the OP make an informed decision.

Last edited:
You are both showing your age. I'm sorry if either of you feel that I was out of line, I do not at all feel out of line. Addiction can start with one use. Death can happen with one use.

We can take this to pm if you like but I am just absolutely dying to know how telling someone the truth about a drug is fear mongering. Show me in any of most post where I embellished the facts to instill fear into the OP or anyone else that reads this thread that are considering using cocaine and wondering if they could possibly get addicted to it quickly.

Quick question to both of you. Have you been addicted to cocaine? Have you overdosed on cocaine? Have you had friends die because of cocaine? Those things will change you man.

Had the OP come in and asked about how to use it safely or if he was already using I would have responded much differently. He is going to a strange place with the intention of using for his first time and is considering daily use. I find it hard to believe that you would advise him to gamble in that manner
Quoted for truth.

Many people think cocaine is some innocent weekend party drug, but for a lot of people it can turn into a serious addiction, and once that starts its very difficult to break free from that addiction (if not impossible)

Cocaine is one of those drugs where I think there is a sweet spot. Too little and you're like 'wtf that's it?' Too much and it's 'oh fuck make it stop' start low and work your way up. It also depends on the ROA. If I use responsibly the sweet spot has me feeling sociably high with a nice gentle euphoria, too much has my heart jumping out of my chest with a comedown that screams 'more cocaine!'

Hopefully OP will be back from his vacation soon and share HIS EXPERIENCE with us.

Oh Snoop... Would you care to elaborate? It would seem that you joined Bluelight in a hurry simply to make a single post in a long-running argument thread. This thread has gone pretty far off the rails. Is there a good reason to keep it open that anyone can come through with; a good reason behind pissing into the wind with imagined slights or misconceptions? We somehow ended up in an argument over whether or not Cocaine is addictive, which is ridiculous to begin with, but everybody is entitled to their own opinions of course, but just like you're not entitled to yell "FIRE" in a sold out movie theater, we will not permit you guys to

A. Hijack threads for the purpose of your circle-jerk-in-perpetuum style of social/scientific conjecture - it distracts from the topic at-hand

B. Allow your conservative social values to interfere with our ability to share information freely that could potentially save lives