• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time cocaine

Mrsolidzx

Bluelighter
Hi! Im going to ibiza in a few days. Ive taken mdma a number of times but never do loads, dont abuse it, take it chill. 5 days in ibiza is making me think im going to have to take something to keep me going and i cant just drop a tablet haha! Im scared as ive seen it take control of peoples lives. Do you think i could keep it just to ibiza? Im just worried that once the door is open ill always do it and wont be able to say no. I literally just want to take it to keep me going. Any advice on first time would be great. Thanks guys and girls xxx

Also, i used to smoke, and quit a few years back, and can now socially smoke when i have a drink/hit tablets, without feeling addiction. Dont know if that helps like.

The Mediterranean is so beautiful. You will have a wonderful time ,regardless! Sorry but I am a bit confused as to what you're asking. Could you maybe rephrase your question ?

Hi! Just worried about first time use? Any tips? And also worried about addiction. Will i start using when im back im back home? Is it that addictive? Thanks

Judging by your heading you are asking about taking cocaine and if you will become addicted. Some people don't like cocaine but most do. If you use for a week straight the odds are pretty good you will have an addiction to bring home as a souvenir. I'd hate to say you could use cocaine and walk away with no addiction and have you try it and get a monkey on your back. It's safer not to start to begin with. Also, if you already know that you have an addictive personality stay away from cocaine!

I dont think i have an addictive personality. I take mdma no more than 10 times a year at the absolute most and only on a special occasion. I always take the least out of my friends and stop at a reasonable time. Ive been a 10 a day smoker, quit, and can now socially smoke. I probz wont take it every day only to keep myself going if i start to lag, like a coffee haha! Just dont want to come back and have a problem. Do you think im better not even trying it?

What do you mean to keep you going? Are you going for work and you will be working non stop?

using cocaine for 5 days will not definitely get you addicted.

it mostly comes down to your personality and will power

if you can quit smoking cigs, I wouldn't worry about your ability to use cocaine.

You will probably find that you like it and may use it sparingly.

Most of my friends / myself will grab a bag for the weekend every now and then, but are quite capable of putting it down for many months at a time if necessary.

You can never go wrong with not trying cocaine :D... If you are going to try cocaine, make sure you have a reliable source, and small amounts at first to "test" the substance. I had a buddy a few years ago try some cocaine in a foreign country, and ended up overdosing. Not to give you a freight, but just to let you know importance of drug responsibility.
Anyways, you won't necesarilly become addict from a moderate week of using. but just be careful and use common sense (although that is subjective as fuck).

Last edited:
Honestly OP, even a drug as good as Heroin probably won't have you "hooked" in a literal sense until after you've done it for some time. What is "some time"? Well, that is going to vary from person to person based upon their individual physiology and psychology. For instance, somebody with a history of depression and anxiety is going to be far more likely to latch onto addictive substances for purposes of self-medication. Don't misunderstand me, just about any powerful drug(s) like Opioids or Cocaine will probably leave you wanting to do more and repeat the experience, but generally, will-power for an average, healthy individual will not completely break down until the drug has been used for "some time".

One thing that I can tell you about "some time" is that it's almost always longer than 5 days. I'm from Lowell, MA, which in case you're not familiar is a shit-hole that is a virtual shopping mall for Crack/Cocaine and Heroin. The latter was in our high school on a regular basis, so even though I didn't instantly become addicted, it was in my face all the time, which made it much easier to become addicted and eventually, dependent. You could consider Ibiza to be a similar experience in some ways. Drugs flow there as it's a major party destination. Things like Cocaine/MDMA and binge drinking are going to be far more socially acceptable in that type of environment. If you were to stay in Ibiza for good, I might be worried about the possibility of becoming addicted. Once you return home, purchasing Cocaine will become a much less glamorous experience, I'm sure, which, in and of itself might be reason enough to stop doing it.

At any rate, I feel that you're in control of yourself by how you are describing your thought process. It's good to treat these drugs with the respect that they deserve and you seem to be doing that. It's only my opinion, but I say, going to a place like that can be a once in a lifetime opportunity for folks so have as much fun as you can possibly have and don't worry too much about the "long-game", as it were in relation to addiction. You don't fit the mold, at least not yet.

Im going to use to keep going in the sence that its going to be a 5 day party so ill be shattered and coffee wont work haha! I wont be using everyday as some nights ill be using mdma. Thanks for all your help. Ive got good morals and will power so im hoping i can just keep it to a very occasional thing. Ill try to post again afterwards and tell you how it went. Just dont want it to become a weekly occurance when im back home, but like someone said earlier, for some its a once in a lifetime experience so might as well enjoy it.

using cocaine for 5 days will not definitely get you addicted.

it mostly comes down to your personality and will power

if you can quit smoking cigs, I wouldn't worry about your ability to use cocaine.

You will probably find that you like it and may use it sparingly.

Most of my friends / myself will grab a bag for the weekend every now and then, but are quite capable of putting it down for many months at a time if necessary.
And can I ask how old you are??

Cocaine will ruin a good time for certain! For every minute it makes you feel wonderful, it charges you 10 minutes of feeling horrible during the crash. Can you back me up on this BLers?

Cocaine will ruin a good time for certain! For every minute it makes you feel wonderful, it charges you 10 minutes of feeling horrible during the crash. Can you back me up on this BLers?
Yup!!

And not only that, coke becomes more addictive as time goes on. You can probably handle the stuff for a few years (or maybe even a decade or so) by just doing it on weekends, but eventually it'll suck you in and own you!

Cocaine IS A HIGHLY ADDICTIVE drug!! I dont care what anyone says, its a dead-end street in the long run

I can back up the sentiments regarding the comedown/crash phase to a certain extent, but as we're all aware, variability of dosage is always going to play the primary role in how severe or potent the negative or positive effects of a given drug are going to be. Going on a Cocaine binge for those of us who utterly lack self-control is pretty devastating, I'll give you that, but when used in moderation, I believe that all OP needs to experience is some slight discomfort and anxiety.

Don't misunderstand me, even using Cocaine in conservative amounts, with MDMA in the evenings and (one can only imagine in Ibiza) Alcohol for 5 straight days is going to leave just about any human being crying for mercy by the time they get on the plane to head home, probably with a full 24-48 hours of recouperation before they will begin to feel normal.

I hope I don't get flamed for this one, as it's a touchy subject for many, but what is your level of familiarity/access to Benzodiazepines? I say this, because if the main draw for you, OP are the stimulants and you're seeking a depressant to level you out, Alcohol is the natural choice, but Benzodiazepines can afford you many of the same benefits without adding negatively to the stress you're already putting on your body. Alcohol is, of course, pretty killer on the body in both the acute and chronic setting, whereas Benzodiazepines, if used in a safe and reasonable manner, are essentially harmless and non-taxing on the body.

If you intend to drink Alcohol however, using Benzodiazepines is going to be contraindicated due to the danger of synergistic respiratory depression.

I hope I don't get flamed for this one, as it's a touchy subject for many, but what is your level of familiarity/access to Benzodiazepines? I say this, because if the main draw for you, OP are the stimulants and you're seeking a depressant to level you out, Alcohol is the natural choice, but Benzodiazepines can afford you many of the same benefits without adding negatively to the stress you're already putting on your body. Alcohol is, of course, pretty killer on the body in both the acute and chronic setting, whereas Benzodiazepines, if used in a safe and reasonable manner, are essentially harmless and non-taxing on the body
I would generally agree with you, but at how many daily milligram(s) are you talking here??

Im 25. Im not going to be hammering it, i dont think ive got the tolerence to. Maybe every other day. Maybe just one day. Wont be staying up for days on it. However ive heard how moreish it is and how people cant stop. Do you think ill be massively effected by a come down? If i felt like shit and was going to a rave if i took mdma would i be fine?

Ive got 4 5mg diazapam to take with me which ill take to help me get to sleep. Only ever taken once before so will 5mg be enough to level me? Thanks xx

Im 25. Im not going to be hammering it, i dont think ive got the tolerence to. Maybe every other day. Maybe just one day. Wont be staying up for days on it. However ive heard how moreish it is and how people cant stop. Do you think ill be massively effected by a come down? If i felt like shit and was going to a rave if i took mdma would i be fine?

Ive got 4 5mg diazapam to take with me which ill take to help me get to sleep. Only ever taken once before so will 5mg be enough to level me? Thanks xx
If you start on cocaine now when you're 25 (and you think you can handle it) you'll be SORRY the day you ever did when you're 30 or 35.

But hey, go ahead and try if you think you can handle it. You've had your warning

Fresco do you really think yeah? Do you not think ill be able to pin it to special occasions only i.e lads holiday, festival etc?

Fresco do you really think yeah? Do you not think ill be able to pin it to special occasions only i.e lads holiday, festival etc?
It would depend a lot on your personality, but my guess is you wouldn't.
Cocaine is a very addictive HARD-DRUG.

I dont care what anyone says when they claim it to be just a "party drug". It is not!!!!!!
The amount of people who got addicted to coke during the Disco 1970's is staggering.

But hey, if you think you're smart, strong and able to handle this stuff, then by all means go ahead and try.

Good luck to you