• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time benadryl trip help??

I took 400mg to get rid of hives, the doctor said not to surpass 300mg but I couldn't sleep with all those hives. DID not TRIP! It is an awful drug to take in those doses. Whew, I'd almost rather u do "real" drugs than OD on some crap like that which will do NOTHING for you. BTW, I was also withdrawing from opiates so no, 400mg of Unisom (same ingredient as benadryl) did NOT put me to sleep; nor did I trip, or feel "buzzed," just sick!

I've been there, benadryl is for sleep and a runny nose, not for tripping. I tried it when i was 15 and thank god i didnt take enough to go delirious. My friend did it a few times and he said he would talk to people that werent there, thought his toaster was his TV, and texted me at 4:00 AM that he broke the world (apparently he dropped a fork and thought he had singlehandedly set the universe to self destruct mode and was trying to warn me). Dont do benadryl dude you're gonna regret it

I'm confused, why is this in "psychedelic drugs"? Benadryl is by no means a psychedelic. Have fun damaging your brain.
I've said it before: Bluelight is great and all but I really think this subforum should be called 'hallucinogens' (a blanket term for psychedelics, dissociatives and deliriants).

240sxLover said:
While most of us are smart enough not to touch them, there has to be HR available if anyone wants to dick around with anti-histamines. Curiosity killed the cat you know.
I think the only sound HR advice is not to take deliriants in the first place. Taking Benadryl to get fucked up is about as low as you can go... it's on par with huffing gas (which actually sounds safer and more enjoyable from what I've heard).

Huffing gas (unless it's nitrous) is a lot less safe.
Really?
TBH even though I think they're both idiotic I would rather huff solvents than trip on deliriants.
Both have caused numerous deaths but there's just something uniquely disturbing about anticholingergic drugs. They're not just highly toxic... they make people totally psychotic.

^But you can't deny there's a certain draw to the darker side of things. I've read so much about deliriants, just because the delirious mind is a very interesting. Wouldn't do them either, but OPs decision is not mine. On lower doses it does seem to be recreational

At any rate, when someone goes on a forum to ask about a certain drug he is going to do and people just blatantly tell him: NO. Do you really think he is going to stop his plans? No, he's going to do it any way without getting the advice needed.

I think the only thing I could tell the OP is that you really need a sitter to be there. I once read a report of a guy who thought he was just hanging out with friends, while in reality he was over at his girlfirend's house, peeing all over her parents whilst they were sleeping. You will lose all touch with reality if you dose too high, so make sure someone you trust is there.

Using pure medical nitrous is safe when administered with oxygen. After seeing people going blue lipped still hitting their balloons till they passed out having it blow out in their face I haven't had much interest in trying them again.

^But you can't deny there's a certain draw to the darker side of things. I've read so much about deliriants, just because the delirious mind is a very interesting. Wouldn't do them either, but OPs decision is not mine. On lower doses it does seem to be recreational
Yeah I know what you mean... if you respect your health though, there's certain lines you just shouldn't cross.

At any rate, when someone goes on a forum to ask about a certain drug he is going to do and people just blatantly tell him: NO. Do you really think he is going to stop his plans? No, he's going to do it any way without getting the advice needed.
Not necessarily... we can scare him away from touching the shit by talking about how dangerous it is and urging him to read about pharmacology and trip reports. If he's still going to do it then all we can do is let natural selection run its course.

I think the only thing I could tell the OP is that you really need a sitter to be there. I once read a report of a guy who thought he was just hanging out with friends, while in reality he was over at his girlfirend's house, peeing all over her parents whilst they were sleeping. You will lose all touch with reality if you dose too high, so make sure someone you trust is there.
People do all kinds of bizarre shit on deliriants. I've heard of people drinking from the toilet and eating bugs.

Not necessarily... we can scare him away from touching the shit by talking about how dangerous it is and urging him to read about pharmacology and trip reports. If he's still going to do it then all we can do is let natural selection run its course.

Yeah, that's great on a HARM REDUCTION forum. We don't want this guy to end up in the news, giving all hallucinatory drugs a bad name...

The best advice is not to indeed, but again, we are here to help and make this story have a good again. It's this negative attitude that makes the OP not return to the thread and not get any (much needed) advice. These are very dangerous substances and the OP is playing with fire here, best we can do is make sure things happen safely.

Yeah, that's great on a HARM REDUCTION forum. We don't want this guy to end up in the news, giving all hallucinatory drugs a bad name...

The best advice is not to indeed, but again, we are here to help and make this story have a good again. It's this negative attitude that makes the OP not return to the thread and not get any (much needed) advice. These are very dangerous substances and the OP is playing with fire here, best we can do is make sure things happen safely.
Well shit. What kind of fucking advice are we supposed to give a guy who wants to quite literally poison himself?

Think positive, stay hydrated... oh yeah... and remember you'll be totally out of your fucking mind without even realizing it or remembering most of it for God knows how many hours, so please be on your best behavior and do try your best not to end up drinking from the toilet or running rampant in the streets stark naked; making love to postboxes and casually strolling into oncoming traffic? REALLY???

Realistically the ONLY harm reduction advice I could think of would be taking it in a soundproof environment, around a medical professional equipped with a sphygmomanometer and a supply of physostigmine salicylate and benzodiazepines all prepped for injection.

Really?
TBH even though I think they're both idiotic I would rather huff solvents than trip on deliriants.
Both have caused numerous deaths but there's just something uniquely disturbing about anticholingergic drugs. They're not just highly toxic... they make people totally psychotic.

Deleriants aren't exactly safe but they're nothing like inhalants.

I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. I have tripped on Diphen about 6 times now. And I don't enjoy it , it's not fun or euphoric or feel-good whatsoever. It is bizarre and unsettling. But it is incredibly interesting the mindspace you're in, it isn't revelatory or spiritual. But you can watch your mind work in all kinds of weird ways and just get to understand how it works, how you work. It has a lot more to offer than alcohol or something, so long as used responsibly. But that goes hand in hand for any mind altering substance. And huffing gas and air dusters and shit is very dangerous, Diphen's recreational use isn't exactly well profiled however it is not toxic and certainly safer than inhalants and probably alcohol, opiates or amphetamines. As for the original question I would recommend any where from 350-450 mgs for a first time. Have plenty of water or popsicles or milk on hand, something you can use for dry mouth as the dry mouth is ridiculous, and music will probably be forgotten about once you're going. Also, I recomend smoking weed, adds quite a nice touch and makes it little more comfortable, although makes the dry mouth even worse.

It was so long ago I don't remember the exact amount I took the first time but I do know they were a lower mg. No trolling lol I swear. And ya Idk I guess I'm dumb I'm always afraid to post on here for fear of being judged because I know I'm not the smartest drug user out there. I'm on probation. And get drug tested almost daily can't even get away with doing dxm without them finding out and getting in trouble. Your right tho I'm stupid for asking this. I'm sorry. :/