View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time benadryl trip help??

TatumAvery1991

Greenlighter
Okay so I have a bottle of simply right health care sleep aid with diphenhydramine each gell capsule is 50 mg. I've done a lot of studying on benadryl tripping and even attempted tripping on said drug before to hardly any avail. But this time I decided to give it one more try. I figured I'd set up a playlist on sound cloud prior to tripping. How many mgs for my first time? Not wanting to COMPLETLY lose touch with reality also BTW. Thanks. (Some music suggestions for tripping would be much appreciated also).

Are you 16? Do you live with your parents? Please bare this in mind, because diphenhydramine really doesn't sound like something to try and do in your bedroom alone.

It would also help if you could provide information on the manner in which you 'attempted tripping' on diphenhydramine in the past. What was your dosage, etc?

I warn you now that most replies to the thread will be in the manner of "don't bother", which is probably the correct response, really. Deleriants sound DARK.

Last edited:
Go peruse some trip reports on erowid about benedryl. Shit will scare you off QUICK.

I understand COMPLETELY what you guys mean. It can very well be scary and I appreciate concerns but this is something I plan on doing anyways. And not sure the dosage they were the actual benadryls the pink like capsules don't remember the mg each cuz it was awhile ago but I think we took like 8-9 each and all it did was make me throw up once and the walls move. I'm 108 lbs and 5'2 if that helps any? Thanks.

Thank you! And yes I am oil just weighed myself and I'm actually 105 lbs o_O and do you have any music suggestions? I heard this dillarient can make music sound amazing.

Music taste is real subjective man. I would assume anything you like sober would work well for you on drugs. I really enjoy Boards of Canada albums when I'm on darker drugs myself.

Thanks I had one 50mg gel cap earlier today and I just took two morend I'm going to wait until I feel effects and if I don't I'll take 2 more?

I understand COMPLETELY what you guys mean. It can very well be scary and I appreciate concerns but this is something I plan on doing anyways. And not sure the dosage they were the actual benadryls the pink like capsules don't remember the mg each cuz it was awhile ago but I think we took like 8-9 each and all it did was make me throw up once and the walls move. I'm 108 lbs and 5'2 if that helps any? Thanks.

Erowid can be very accurate in case you need to find out more about your dosage..

Thanks I had one 50mg gel cap earlier today and I just took two more and I'm going to wait until I feel effects and if I don't I'll take 2 more?

You should have really researched a common low dose and went for it straight away. I'd be suprised if 50mg, or even 100mg will do anything. I've taken doses like that before and not even felt drowsy (I was trying to get to sleep).

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever had DPH but I have plenty of experience with other first-generation antihistamines (namely cyclizine and promethazine). These drugs are brilliant when you take them for their intended purposes. As far as I'm concerned they are essential if you're on opioid painkillers. They take care of the nausea and the itching and they potentiate the effects. For a lot of people (myself included), they can be great if you're having trouble getting to sleep.

They are also anticholingerics which means that they will make you 'trip' if you take a lot of them.

I wouldn't even think about trying to get high off these meds. It's extremely dangerous, bad for your health, plus all the trip reports out there say pretty much the same thing (this stuff makes you feel like shit, lasts a ridiculous amount of time and nobody in their right mind would ever want to repeat the experience). Don't fuck around with anticholinergics.

Your going to need 200-300 MG at once to get anything going. But it's really not worth it. You sound young. Drugs aren't going anywhere and it may not seem like it right now but eventually you will have the chance to try every drug your heart desires. No need to rush the process. Let it unfold.

Your going to need 200-300 MG at once to get anything going. But it's really not worth it. You sound young. Drugs aren't going anywhere and it may not seem like it right now but eventually you will have the chance to try every drug your heart desires. No need to rush the process. Let it unfold.

I agree with this. Whilst I would generally endorse people trying drugs, I'm just not sure that it's worth experiencing the darkness that you can expect on deleriants. It sounds fucking creepy, and I'd be concerned that some of the imagery you can experience could influence future trips when you take proper psychedelics. I'm just not sure that it's worth indulging that kind of thing.

Last edited:
Thank you I understand I took 200 mgs about an hour ago and 50 a few before that and still nothing so idk if it will even do anything for me tbh.

Are you even reading what every reply says? Look at common dosages, c'mon. Put some effort into what you do, even if it is a bad decision.

My one comment is that even if the dark and confusing nature of taking such chemicals does not scare you, maybe the fact that doing high doses of anti-cholinergics even once will damage your memory and similar mental processes will. You do NOT want to induce that state, it is literally bad for your brain. One of the few drug experiences that actually does have negative effects like programs such as D.A.R.E. warns about.

I'd bet money you won't enjoy it. Sounds like you're gonna ignore all the good advice and do it anyway though. So whatever.

I'm confused, why is this in "psychedelic drugs"? Benadryl is by no means a psychedelic. Have fun damaging your brain.

I'm confused, why is this in "psychedelic drugs"? Benadryl is by no means a psychedelic. Have fun damaging your brain.
PD is a blanket forum for psychs, dissos, nootropics and deleriants. Benadryl falls under deleriants.

While most of us are smart enough not to touch them, there has to be HR available if anyone wants to dick around with anti-histamines. Curiosity killed the cat you know.

Last edited: