• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time benadryl trip help??

I played around with all sorts of cold pills and antihistamines when I were much younger, what I found was that they are essentially pointless in terms of a valid experience. At best you feel a bit stoned and disassociated, at worst full on delirium. I never went so far with them as to go into a delirious state, even back then I knew not to push it that far. You will for certain never reach any sort of psychedelic state on them, they just don't work that way.

If you are being drug tested all the time, then the best choice would be just to cool things down for a while until the collar loosens a bit, then enjoy the real psychedelics and the experiences they can offer. Difficult when you are young and full of fire I know :).

I'm in drug court and the testing never loosens up :/ I get you tho lol.

The last thing you want is to get picked up by the cops for doing something illegal while in a state of drug induced psychosis. Say good bye to drug court if that happens. Your best bet would be to let drug court run its course and comply with your obligations until you are discharged.

Not to come off judgmental, but if you are in drug court you got in some sort of legal trouble due to drugs - perhaps it would be a good move to read the writing on the wall and quit taking drugs? Taking a crazy, unpredictable, and dangerous deliriant is a step in the wrong direction.

You might consider amanita muscaria as an alternative deleriant. it's mild, safer, funer, and doesn't cause brain damage. just a mild deleriant that isn't like other deleriant drugs. i've never had experiences with it but some of them look really interesting. i'm considering buying an ounce and spore prints to grow them; their legal to boot, not the same type of mushrooms as shrooms though.

I'm seeing a lot of people talk about diphenhydramine as though it's incredibly unsafe and causes brain damage, but if that's the case it's news to me. Can someone please back this up with facts and sources? My understanding was very high doses could cause cardiac issues, but I've never read anything about brain damage.

start low though
not kidding.

They can be overpowering if you take too high a dose, it's better to start low and use more later on. if your brave or explorative; you could fast for three days only drinking water and possibly yerba mate and shilajeet and then use the amanita muscaria in higher doses once you''ve become experienced, there is a sertain sweetspot where you have out of body hallucinations. but become very well experienced before you ever try this type of trip. also it might be considered self harm to use the mushrooms because TECHNICALLY it's a "poison". but it's actually not very toxic if prepared properly. the mushroom is actually very good at treating pain as well.

also from what i read off erowid tollerance decreases the more you use; so the more you use and build up use tollerance works differently than normal; decreasing with more use. so you become more sensative to the drug the more you use. so start small but it doesn't hurt to use it a few days but do not use too much just as a safety thing i would say. but if you wanted to do a specific planned use i think it would be interesting to eventually go for a relatively small binge that could last a few days. but i also kinda want to try a larger dose but not overdose; i would say just a large dose eventually; but everyone else has their preferences. i just highly advice using small amounts your first time.

Last edited:
When I attempted benadryl it took me 800mg to get a trip. I'm going to tell you from expire me. Please don't do it. You will regret it when you start feeling it. For me I had saw spiders every where and felt like they were crawling on me. Not a good feeling. It is not an enjoyable trip such as lsd is. It's scary and not enjoyable. That being said I'm sure you will still do it out of curiosity but be very careful.

I've tripped on benadryl with friends a few times as a teenager. Dramamine too. Both "trips" were horrible, completely devoid of euphoria. Benadryl was intense in an uncomfortable, debilitating way. I was so tired, yet this tightening sensation in my chest left me unable to even sit still, let alone sleep. I did see things. Fleas jumping around on the floor - vague visual distortions. I'd find myself talking to several of my friends, than realizing that none of them were there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a garbage can. I love drugs, and I will take anything, from neurontin to acid, heroin to cyclobenzaprine. But some experiences I've had with chemicals were entirely negative. Benadryl stands out in my head as one of the all time word highs I've ever had. I will never do it again. Not even if dyphenhydramine was the last chemical on earth. My benadryl trips were hell trips, pure and simple. Dysphoric. Debilitating. Pointless.

Don't do benadryl. At least drink some Delsym or eat a few bottles of robitussin gel caps. DXM will at least leave you feeling like something fucking crazy and interdimensional just happened, while benadryl will leave you just happy that it us over.

I know I'm not the smartest drug user out there.
So do some research. ;)
Trust me: it really helps to know your shit. You'll save yourself a lot of grief.

And get drug tested almost daily can't even get away with doing dxm without them finding out and getting in trouble. Your right tho I'm stupid for asking this. I'm sorry. :/
Yeah: DXM can cause false positives for opiates and PCP - that's why.

I'm in drug court and the testing never loosens up :/ I get you tho lol.
Psychedelics are definitely your best option. Some of them (DMT and DPT for example) have such short half-lives that you would literally have to be tripping on them for them to show up in your system. You can take as much DMT or DPT as you want and there is absolutely no way in hell they're going to find out - not a fucking chance.

LSD and mushrooms can be detected in urine but they are not picked up by your 'standard' tests. Testing for these drugs is very difficult, expensive and uncommon.

Music suggestions? I don't care what drug you take.... I will always promote Shpongle as much as my penis. If you haven't heard of him, you're welcome.

Thank you a lot everyone! I did finally trip on it. Y'all were right its shitty I couldn't stay awake and I kept coming in and out of some weird concousnes ..not fun

Really?
TBH even though I think they're both idiotic I would rather huff solvents than trip on deliriants.
Both have caused numerous deaths but there's just something uniquely disturbing about anticholingergic drugs. They're not just highly toxic... they make people totally psychotic.

Yeah gasoline is about the most damaging thing you can possibly do to yourself, much worse than anticholinergics. In general inhalants cause large amounts of brain damage compared to anything else, a few excluded. That said, I wouldn't try to trip on benadryl. I took like 12 dramamines when I was 18 (dimenhydrinate) and it was very unpleasant, nothing redeeming about it.

Nitrous is good and safe as long as you don't do it a lot or too much in a sitting.

Can we just agree to put this on the list of banned BL substances? If there isn't one this and any nbomes should be a start.

Thank you a lot everyone! I did finally trip on it. Y'all were right its shitty I couldn't stay awake and I kept coming in and out of some weird concousnes ..not fun

Sounds crap, yet ever so fortunately uneventful. I'd just take it as a good omen that you fell asleep.

:)

Can we just agree to put this on the list of banned BL substances? If there isn't one this and any nbomes should be a start.

That's not really the point of this site. SAY NO provably does not work. True, most people on this site just say "don't do inhalants," but banning discussion of inhalants and other dangerous drugs wouldn't benefit anyone. Discussion of facts is good.

That's not really the point of this site. SAY NO provably does not work. True, most people on this site just say "don't do inhalants," but banning discussion of inhalants and other dangerous drugs wouldn't benefit anyone. Discussion of facts is good.

Oh, I know, it was mostly sarcastic. But really, people should just realize some shit just ain't worth it.