• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin First Time Advice?

NoLife

Greenlighter
I just bought 0.13g of heroin online.

Any tips for a newbie? No experience with heroin, but I do enjoy opioids like tramadol and codeine at doses of like 150mg-400mg.

I won't be going IV. Could smoke, but maybe that high would last too long for a first experience? So I'll probably snort.

How much heroin do you think I should take? (obviously I'm mainly gonna judge this on how I'm feeling)

Any other tips or pieces of advice?

Thanks in advance for anyone who replies:)

As @ibtisam midlet says, you're really better off not opening Pandora's box. Nothing good will come from it.

But if you're still determined to try it, then smoking is preferable to all other ROAs (if its smokable) as that is the safest way to do it.

If you have to snort it, do not take cocaine sized lines (think Pulp Fiction). Heroin is very active in non tolerant users so less is more. Take a tiny line (less than a match head) then wait at least half an hour before redosing. Smoking is the least risky ROA. Snorting is in the middle and IV is full on death territory.

Please reconsider.

Last edited:
Start with tiny tiny amounts and wait 30 minutes before taking another tiny amount if you need to.

Although I have to agree, at the very least, that this will likely be something you will deeply regret.

Stay safe.

I don't think that anybody will tell you that they think taking heroin is even remotely a good idea. Especially with your very slim experience with opioids. But as it this is your call and this is a harm reduction forum I will give advice. First is not to take it. But if you decide to take it:

1) Test it for fentanyl!

2) If it's fentanyl free take as little as you can because you will not know purity and you are practically non tolerant.

3.) If you can please have a sitter and naloxone. It's probably not that strong, but if you get very pure heroin and you take too much that could be the last thing you have done in your life. 130mg of heroin can kill non tolerant (opioid naive) person.

I can not begin to explain in how many different ways this could go wrong. From very short to very long term points of view. Hope you stay alive and well.

I don't think that anybody will tell you that they think taking heroin is even remotely a good idea. Especially with your very slim experience with opioids. But as it this is your call and this is a harm reduction forum I will give advice. First is not to take it. But if you decide to take it:

1) Test it for fentanyl!

2) If it's fentanyl free take as little as you can because you will not know purity and you are practically non tolerant.

3.) If you can please have a sitter and naloxone. It's probably not that strong, but if you get very pure heroin and you take too much that could be the last thing you have done in your life. 130mg of heroin can kill non tolerant (opioid naive) person.

I can not begin to explain in how many different ways this could go wrong. From very short to very long term points of view. Hope you stay alive and well.
Thanks for the advice, I will for sure get some naloxone - I forgot about that.

A sitter would be really nice, but I don't really want anyone to know I'm trying heroin. I don't think that's really fair on them.
As @ibtisam midlet says, you're really better off not opening Pandora's box. Nothing good will come from it.

But if you're still determined to try it, then smoking is preferable to all other ROAs (if its smokable) as that is the safest way to do it.

If you have to snort it, do not take cocaine sized lines (think Pulp Fiction). Heroin is very active in non tolerant users so less is more. Take a tiny line (less than a match head) then wait at least half an hour before redosing. Smoking is the least risky ROA. Snorting is in the middle and IV is full on death territory.

Please reconsider.
Thank you for your 'smaller than a match head' description, that is very helpful!

Why is smoking much less risky??
Thank you! :)

nothing

flush it, you are going to get addicted to the must addictive substance in the world, it will destroy your life
I'm trying to help you, please don't do it
Thanks for offering your perspective. It is grounding to some extent, but I think I'm still gonna do it anyway.

Appreciate your concern and advice!
Start with tiny tiny amounts and wait 30 minutes before taking another tiny amount if you need to.

Although I have to agree, at the very least, that this will likely be something you will deeply regret.

Stay safe.
I will definitely be waiting AT LEAST 30 minutes between doses, much more likely around 1hr-1hr30, I would imagine.

I'll try to be as safe as I can! My tolerance for almost everything is usually pretty high. Although I am expecting the heroin to SEND me lol. I'll be careful

I will definitely be waiting AT LEAST 30 minutes between doses, much more likely around 1hr-1hr30, I would imagine.

I'll try to be as safe as I can! My tolerance for almost everything is usually pretty high. Although I am expecting the heroin to SEND me lol. I'll be careful
Good man, but if you're in the US I would expect it to have a considerable amount of fent in it. I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark and assume this is a sample of gear from the dark place. They are well known to send out samples that are better than their usual product, just FYI.

I'm just vicariously imagining myself at 14 before I tried heroin. I wish I never did, man. It royally fucked up my life and VERY quickly, too. About 30% of people who try heroin for the first time become INSANTLY ADDICTED to it. Facts.

Just stay safe and I hope you know what you might be getting yourself into bro.

Take care and keep us updated.

Good man, but if you're in the US I would expect it to have a considerable amount of fent in it. I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark and assume this is a sample of gear from the dark place. They are well known to send out samples that are better than their usual product, just FYI.

I'm just vicariously imagining myself at 14 before I tried heroin. I wish I never did, man. It royally fucked up my life.

Just stay safe and I hope you know what you might be getting yourself into bro.

Take care and keep us updated.
I'm in the UK. I bought it online, but from a UK-UK source. So hopefully no fent, I'm really not so worried about that tbh.

I'm gonna try and be really sensible with it. Or as sensible as you can be when you're chosing do do heroin lol. For real though, I do think I have pretty good self-awareness; I think I'll be okay!

Thank you so much for you kind words brother! <3

I'm in the UK. I bought it online, but from a UK-UK source. So hopefully no fent, I'm really not so worried about that tbh.

I'm gonna try and be really sensible with it. Or as sensible as you can be when you're chosing do do heroin lol. For real though, I do think I have pretty good self-awareness; I think I'll be okay!

Thank you so much for you kind words brother! <3

Any time man. All I know about the UK DNM scene is that I envy it, cheaper and purer drugs. I'm sure one of our resident UK junkies can chime in.

Sensibility is the first thing to fly out of the window on heroin. Trust me.

Do not trust yourself around heroin. EVER. Any junkie will tell you to stop what you're doing right now!

Alas, just be safe man. Have fun, but be safe.

And if you feel like buying heroin again anytime soon... trust me. DONT. There are better drugs out there (half joke, half advice).

peace ;)

Please reconsider.
Also, what's the best way to smoke heroin?? Does it really even matter that much for a first timer? Like could I just slap it in a cig I roll lol?? Cheers

Also, what's the best way to smoke heroin?? Does it really even matter that much for a first timer? Like could I just slap it in a cig I roll lol?? Cheers

So you're in the UK and it was from a UK source. That's great as it's likely to be smokable. Smoking is safest because it hits you pretty much immediately allowing you to gauge its strength, whereas with snorting or IV you can take too much in one go. Its virtually impossible to overdose when smoking - unless you're combining it with other depressant drugs.

As for smoking it, I wouldn't advise putting it in a roll up as it's very wasteful, but for a first timer it would work.

Take care and let's hope you don't enjoy it too much...

You Europeans are so lucky to have real heroin 😪 I haven’t seen it in years in the US.

But even real heroin is strong. Very.

Half that bag could probably OD you so as others said I’d start with like 1/4 of it.

When you smoke it your body absorbs less than snorting, snorting absorbs less than shooting.

But seriously, I agree with others. I used to only do pills (smoked 30mg roxy) and never in 13 years did I have withdrawals or any problem not doing them. Heroin is a whole other ball game. I am struggling to get off it. The dope sickness is so horrible, its unbearable. You are playing with fire. Its a long slippery downhill slope.

I tried used morphiene pills to detox off heroin and they barely touched the sickness and I had to do a ridiculous amount.

So you're in the UK and it was from a UK source. That's great as it's likely to be smokable. Smoking is safest because it hits you pretty much immediately allowing you to gauge its strength, whereas with snorting or IV you can take too much in one go. Its virtually impossible to overdose when smoking - unless you're combining it with other depressant drugs.

As for smoking it, I wouldn't advise putting it in a roll up as it's very wasteful, but for a first timer it would work.

Take care and let's hope you don't enjoy it too much...
Thanks for this advice. Smoking for a more controlled high might be the best shout then.
You Europeans are so lucky to have real heroin 😪 I haven’t seen it in years in the US.

But even real heroin is strong. Very.

Half that bag could probably OD you so as others said I’d start with like 1/4 of it.
I'll start with MAX MAX 1/4, and I'll see how I feel:)
When you smoke it your body absorbs less than snorting, snorting absorbs less than shooting.

But seriously, I agree with others. I used to only do pills (smoked 30mg roxy) and never in 13 years did I have withdrawals or any problem not doing them. Heroin is a whole other ball game. I am struggling to get off it. The dope sickness is so horrible, its unbearable. You are playing with fire. Its a long slippery downhill slope.

I tried used morphiene pills to detox off heroin and they barely touched the sickness and I had to do a ridiculous amount.
Sounds like I should probably try smoking over snorting then. Thanks!

Thanks for this advice. Smoking for a more controlled high might be the best shout then.

I'll start with MAX MAX 1/4, and I'll see how I feel:)

Sounds like I should probably try smoking over snorting then. Thanks!

Definitely smoke it. The brown in the UK is #3 which is designed for smoking. You'll be surprised at how little it takes to get wasted at first. So just spread a small pinch of the powder in your roll up and smoke it that way at first. As I said, that's a wasteful way to consume it, but smoking on foil is an art form in itself. When you start to worry about wasting your gear, that's when it's time to worry - because tolerance is taking over. When that happens, you'll be using just to feel well.

I'll quickly go over the same thing others have said.

This is a horrible road to go down. The reason a lot of us are so emphatic about warning people is because we've done this, we were at this point once ourselves.. And hate the idea of seeing others go down the same path.

Ok with that out of the way, as others have said. Get a test kit if at all possible to check for fentanyl.

If you can get someone to watch you whole you do it that would also be good.

Some places have been numbers you can call, you give them your number and after a set amount of time they call you back, if they can't reach you for you to say you're OK they call an ambulance to your place.

Very good way to be safe if you don't have someone who can watch you.

If you have someone who can watch you, if they have a naloxone kit that'd make things a lot safer too.

As for using it. Start off as small as possible. Pure heroin can be extremely potent even for people with a codeine or tramadol tolerance. I'm talking quantities that look like a few grains of sand. Just that much can be very strong to someone without much of a tolerance.

So above all start as small as you can so you can get an idea what you can handle.

Ideally start with smoking. With your tolerance you likely need very little and smoking takes effect very fast so there'll be less risk that you are still having the drug take effect for a while after you start feeling it.

Don't IV it until you're much more experienced (and preferably don't at all). Since you'll likely need very little to start with. Start with smoking.

And finally. Let us know if you try it so we know you're OK. A lot of us legit do care about the people who come on talk about doing stuff like this and like to know you're OK.

Good luck.

Definitely smoke it. The brown in the UK is #3 which is designed for smoking. You'll be surprised at how little it takes to get wasted at first. So just spread a small pinch of the powder in your roll up and smoke it that way at first. As I said, that's a wasteful way to consume it, but smoking on foil is an art form in itself. When you start to worry about wasting your gear, that's when it's time to worry - because tolerance is taking over. When that happens, you'll be using just to feel well.
I think you're spot on when you say as soon as I start worrying about wasting my gear/maximising efficiency, that's the time to worry.
TBH I think I should be pretty happy if I never learn the smoking on foil method - that's clearly slightly harder, and for the slightly more experience heroin user. But I'm not really trying to become an experienced heroin user lol.

I will sprinkle a tiny amount in my ciggy.

Thank you so much for all your responses brother, I really do appreciate it! You've been really informative, concerned, helpful and courteous. Thanks for sparing some time for me!
I'll quickly go over the same thing others have said.

This is a horrible road to go down. The reason a lot of us are so emphatic about warning people is because we've done this, we were at this point once ourselves.. And hate the idea of seeing others go down the same path.

Ok with that out of the way, as others have said. Get a test kit if at all possible to check for fentanyl.

If you can get someone to watch you whole you do it that would also be good.

Some places have been numbers you can call, you give them your number and after a set amount of time they call you back, if they can't reach you for you to say you're OK they call an ambulance to your place.

Very good way to be safe if you don't have someone who can watch you.

If you have someone who can watch you, if they have a naloxone kit that'd make things a lot safer too.

As for using it. Start off as small as possible. Pure heroin can be extremely potent even for people with a codeine or tramadol tolerance. I'm talking quantities that look like a few grains of sand. Just that much can be very strong to someone without much of a tolerance.

So above all start as small as you can so you can get an idea what you can handle.

Ideally start with smoking. With your tolerance you likely need very little and smoking takes effect very fast so there'll be less risk that you are still having the drug take effect for a while after you start feeling it.

Don't IV it until you're much more experienced (and preferably don't at all). Since you'll likely need very little to start with. Start with smoking.

And finally. Let us know if you try it so we know you're OK. A lot of us legit do care about the people who come on talk about doing stuff like this and like to know you're OK.

Good luck.
I have some fenty test kits still lying about, so I think I probably will test the H. I'm not really concerned about fent lol, but as so many people on here have mentioned it, I think I should probably follow the advice I'm being given (I did make a thread asking people for their advice after all!). Plus might be worth testing just for the peace of mind.

I'd love to have a sitter watch me, but I don't really wanna tell my friends (or even A friend), that I'm doing heroin either. It's not fair on them - I think they really wouldn't like it, and I think it might really worry them.
Your reply has inspired me to tell a housemate that I'm planning on getting fucked up on tramadol or something though, and to come check on me (physically, or by phoning me) at some point during the high. Might be a good compromise.

Thank you for your concern also! Once I've taken the H, I'll report back to the thread!! Let people know what I did, how it went etc. It's nice people care so much lol x
It might still be a while till I take it though. I'm working Mon-Fri, and I just bought an 8 ball of coke for my friends 21st on the weekend. I'm not in a big rush to take the H, and I'll need clean out my system and abstain from all drugs for a few days before I try it too.

There's a reason we are trying to warn you off mate. People are just not designed to feel that good. Once you've crossed the line there is no going back. But once you do, your life consists of either trying to get high, or trying not to get high. Nothing else matters...

There's a reason we are trying to warn you off mate. People are just not designed to feel that good. Once you've crossed the line there is no going back. But once you do, your life consists of either trying to get high, or trying not to get high. Nothing else matters...
Hear you loud and clear brother.

But I'm sure I don't need to explain to you why I'm gonna do it anyway, I'm sure you get it x

the moment the switch happens, when heroin redefines what happiness and contentment feels like, is scarier than any horror movie

I remember when it happened to me. It changes your life forever (for the worst) and there is no going back. Might as well get JUNKIE tattooed on your face my friend.