• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

first fast acting antidepressant for suicidal people

allone

Bluelighter
although its old now, 1 year ago, its still relevant to discuss i hope because im on suicidal depression lately and prozac can go up my ass for all i care;
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-08-nasal-suicidal-people.html

anyway, how the fuck does one get this because its so new and insurance wont cover it. i bet it will costs thousands for few doses if not one alone. how the hell do you get it anyway as no physician is aware of it?? ive tried going to the hospital for suicidal ideation many times before hoping they shoot me up with ketamine or something fast acting only to end up on benzos and sent to the looney bin. damn! CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME OUT HERE WITH SOME IDEAS???

That product costs thousands per month. An alternative if you can get a script is to use a compounding pharmacy- ketamine 100mg/ml #50mls may cost around $100. That is it. You would need an open minded psychiatrist and identify a compounding pharmacy.

That product costs thousands per month. An alternative if you can get a script is to use a compounding pharmacy- ketamine 100mg/ml #50mls may cost around $100. That is it. You would need an open minded psychiatrist and identify a compounding pharmacy.
if you know of any psychiatrists..

There's an entire thread on this very topic and should answer all questions (if read until the end that is):

No idea why it was moved to "Announcements" at some point but it was.

I'll save the OP some bother i.e. no offense to anyone but the real digging into this starts around here:

Read carefully i.e. it's no magic cure or treatment is the point. And there's a hint to a compounding pharmacy in Texas that sells the shit and they do appear to be legit (although I'm not sure what's required i.e. prescription or no is my point).

Oh what the hell. This is to help people. Feel free to delete if inappropriate.

You can check them out online by searching i.e. they're certainly no backstreet or clandestine operation. Far from it.

Last edited:
you people keep saying oh just buy it yourself and do it. but so far i do not know a single person on this or any other forum we have had this discussion where someone actually managed to buy it themselves, actually tried it, and reported.
so called a clinic here in chicago and im waiting on a reply. ill tell em im broke maybe they can lower the price by few hundreds...

other more drastic alternative is, to prey on the place and manage to sneak in and grab the bottles

the biggest issue with trying to produce it for yourself would be then having access to recreational doses of ketamine, which can be very bad for your body and mind if overconsumed

you people keep saying oh just buy it yourself and do it. but so far i do not know a single person on this or any other forum we have had this discussion where someone actually managed to buy it themselves, actually tried it, and reported.
so called a clinic here in chicago and im waiting on a reply. ill tell em im broke maybe they can lower the price by few hundreds...

other more drastic alternative is, to prey on the place and manage to sneak in and grab the bottles
Well why don't you help everyone out and contact that compounding pharmacy above and see what they say?

I assume you're in the USA? I'm in South Africa otherwise I'd do it for you.

Just bear in mind that their nasal spray is Ketamine NOT Esketamine (Spravato®). It shouldn't make a difference though at all (the whole Ketamine/Esketamine story has been addressed on the other thread). Arguably it should work better i.e. Esketamine is the Ketamine molecule simply split in half and patented as Esketamine.

Sorry dude. I know how you feel. Trust me on that one if nothing else. And if there was anything I could do for you from my side I would I assure you.

the biggest issue with trying to produce it for yourself would be then having access to recreational doses of ketamine, which can be very bad for your body and mind if overconsumed
Well that's always a possibility of course. But the idea is to simply get instant relief from suicidal thoughts and ideation i.e. not to get fucked on the stuff.

And once again: it's only a kick starter i.e. theoretically only to be used during the suicidal tendency phase and when beginning treatment with an anti-depressant. These Ketamine Clinics that advertise and charge and arm and a leg are very economical with the truth on this score seems to me.

What else is new from the “health care” industry/ big pharma; nothing but lip-service. I asked my psychiatrist if I could take ketamine because all of the standard antidepressants don’t work on me and most make me extremely ill and feel like poison to my body and they say no, I’m not allowed access to such treatment, those are for special unicorn depressed people even though I have been in psych-ward 3 times.

And the above brings me to a point re: the OP.

What dosage of Prozac® are you on?

How long have you been on Prozac®?

Are you taking (or abusing) any other medications or narcotics? Reason I ask is that too many people perceive these anti-depressants as benign (SSRIs and SNRIs anyway). And I can tell you that there can be some severe interactions between SSRIs and SNRIs and other medications or narcotics. And don't let anybody flimflam you into thinking that anti-depressants SHOULD be accompanied by a course of benzodiazepines. In some instances they work against each other thus wasting your time and money.

And are you on Prozac® or a generic? Reason I ask is that Prozac® (here) costs more than four times of one of our generics here (called "Lorien" by Aspen Pharmaceuticals but which I can tell you is every bit as effective). And Prozac® (here) costs just under double of Eli-Lilly's VERY OWN generic (Prozac® is their patented medication).

What else is new from the “health care” industry/ big pharma; nothing but lip-service. I asked my psychiatrist if I could take ketamine because all of the standard antidepressants don’t work on me and most make me extremely ill and feel like poison to my body and they say no, I’m not allowed access to such treatment, those are for special unicorn depressed people even though I have been in psych-ward 3 times.
I don't have the answer for you. Wish I did. I'm not a medical professional. But I got years of experience with prescribed benzodiazepines and anti-depressants. Not to mention the amount of time I've spent over the past decade (at least) trying to read everything and anything related because they're a source of fascination and I have a very keen interest in all things pharma. and in big pharma.

But if you're in the USA: then again I say try get a hold of that pharmacy (there are probably others of course) and see what's required in order to buy from them.

But once again: manage expectations. Ketamine and Esketamine are not going to simply relieve all on their own. This despite some of the claims made by the media and OBVIOUSLY most Ketamine Clinics.

Sorry I cannot do more for you either.

It's very easy to source veterinary grade ketamine or high purity illicit ketamkne and make your own nasal spray (or pour one for cats straight into a wmptg bottle of nasal spray )

It's very easy to source veterinary grade ketamine or high purity illicit ketamkne and make your own nasal spray (or pour one for cats straight into a wmptg bottle of nasal spray )
Well there you go then.

Worth noting that there is a sort of "ideal" dosage or "sweet spot" in the context of this thread and for this purpose. I've got a paper somewhere where it's detailed. Will post when I find it.

I think it's 84mg per spray.
Seems as though you're right. For Spravato® anyway.

I was referring to the infusion rate in the case of infusions. Come to think of it: I'm damn sure it's detailed in the BL Ketamine study thread.

But as I've also noted; Spravato® got its very own special website! Complete with full prescribing information.

And maybe something else for the cash strapped to look at i.e. some of the big pharma. companies have schemes to possibly aid and assist. Here'a link to Janssen's CarePath:

Pfizer also has a program in place but that's not going to help here. Pfizer RxPathways®.

This stuff makes me sad. They took the big hurdle of getting K approved for depression and for what, just for capitalists exploiting the hell out of.

When I lived in Switzerland I knew a clinic which wanted to make it available and I believe they were finally successful but only with huge restrictions, one must take the K under supervision and vital signs monitoring etc, While I agree to that just liberally handing ket out wouldn't be too helpful for suicidally depressive people, I'm not sure how much I like the imagination of my first K or trip ever in a hospital setting. Switzerland has generally most healthcare stuff available to all people when a doc really wants them to get it but the system as such is damn expensive, I was spending 1/5-1/6 of my income just for health insurance.

Here in Mexico now stuff is cheap but pharm grade ketamine probably only on the black market. Indeed it was pretty easy to find a source (local market) but it's pretty expensive for me but in comparison to what I read about the states it's some 10+ times cheaper.

I know there's a place "klarisana" that takes medicaid in a few states here in USA. Inadivise doing it at home, way more fun.

Instant relieve of depression can only be achived imo with substances that are kinda addicting.

But when one is on the brink of a break down, who cares!

They are:
-GHB
-Ketamine, both in the lower end dosage's give instant relief of depression and suicidal tendecy's.

Kratom works too but takes a little more time and effort to work out a effective dosage.

This stuff makes me sad. They took the big hurdle of getting K approved for depression and for what, just for capitalists exploiting the hell out of.
I hear you on this one. I mean: it's no secret that loss of income, financial woes, and not seeing or having any hope on the horizon can lead to depression and, in its turn, suicide. In short: the very people that need something like this most may not be able to afford it by the time they've decided to take the plunge and try help themselves. Unfortunately though: it's the R&D, testing, patenting, and applicable authorizations and approvals that cost the money and they have to recover it somehow. Although as I know I noted: in the case of Ketamine this is highly debatable and a special case. The patent for Ketamine itself expired many years ago. But this all adequately addressed in great detail on that other thread.