• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

First experience with Piracetam and 2 different MDMA batches

fasterfb

Bluelighter
I picked up some Piracetam last week and have been taking about 1 gram per day for the last week.

Also, I have 2 batches of MDMA. Batch A is supposedly made using safrole. Batch B is not.
Batch A is excellent and I have rolled with it twice.
Batch B is not 'meh' as described in that big thread, but there is a discernible difference from Batch A.
A little edgier I would say, and lacking a bit in the magical factor.
I still like it and would be happy to still use it in the future.

Now, I have been rolling quite often, and last night was the 8th time since Feb 11.
My last usage was 6 days previous.

I decided to go back to Batch B for this roll just to see what happens, as I thought this probably wouldn't be a 5 star roll anyways. Plus, I wanted to save as much of Batch A as possible.

I took 1 gram of Piracetam 3 hours pre-roll and another gram 1 hour before.

I weighed out my 100 mg dose and a 50 mg redose.
I have stuck to this dosage for all of my previous 8 rolls as I have not experienced much tolerance build up.

I dropped at 7:00 pm and started coming up in about 40 minutes (had a meal 3 hours previous as usual).
The come up was really strong and even had me questioning whether I wanted to redose or not.

However, I started to get the feeling that the peak was not going to last really long.
I did my redose at 8:30 and also flipped some 4-ACO-DMT and 4-HO-MET.
This sparked things up, but I could still feel the MDMA effects waning faster than I wanted.

Hours later (probably around midnight), I had this thought that I would try a line of 3-FPM to see what would happen.
Instead, I had this brainstorm to do a 2nd redose, but with 25 mg of magical Batch A, which I snorted.
I also took another gram of Piracetam. I like to experiment.

Then, bam! I was back to my first peak level and it lasted a long time. Happily rolled a few more hours.
The Piracetam also boosted up the 4-ACO-DMT and 4-HO-MET
Dropped 1 mg etiz around 4 am, and went to bed listening to my IDM and Trip Hop playlist.
I still couldn't sleep and felt buzzing!
Took 2 more mg of etiz, some strong CBD oil and a gravol, and I finally feel asleep (probably around 6:30 am).

Woke up this afternoon around 3 pm and feel great.

So the Piracetam experiment was a great success for me.
Next time, I will still preload with Piracetam, but also take a gram with my first dose and also a gram with the redose.
I will still stick to my 100 mg/50 mg MDMA doses.

Also, I continue to do my big cocktails of vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and grapefruit juice.

Btw, I have also been doing around 180 mcg of BPC 157 every day since April 13 as I feel it is giving me a range of benefits.

The only disappointing downside to the Piracetam was that I think it blunted the ketamine that I usually take late in the roll. Hardly felt it.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, but I found the 25 mg redose of the magical batch + 1 gram Piracetam was surprisingly effective.

I have not used Piracetam in a loooong time. I tried it back when it was first talked about here on BL, probably in 2002. I took a 6 month break from ecstasy around that time, and was taking the Piracetam in the interim. At the time, I was not that impressed with the results, but I also don't recall taking it the same day as the roll, and certainly not at the same time as taking the pill. Is there a recommended Piracetam protocol now?

@indigoaura

I've read a lot of threads on Reddit and here.
A lot of people suggest pre-loading up until the day of, and then do an 'attack' dose (4-5 grams) the day of your roll.
Some people don't do the pre-load and only take the attack dose the day of.
Most people like the effects and feel it enhances the roll.
I haven't read too many negative experiences.

I think I will continuing doing ~1 gram per day and maybe twice per day because I do like the way it makes me feel and I believe that there are benefits to the brain with regular usage.
Some people say they don't really feel anything, but I do.

For my next roll, I plan on doing the following:
- take my normal dose (1 g) when I wake up
- take 1 g with the MDMA
- take 1g with my re-dose and snort the re-dose instead of dropping it. I find the faster onset makes a difference.

Hope that helps!

Are you still using Piracetam?
What is the 'right way' according to your experience.
Thanks!
Nah but piracetam is dope. Get it in your system for at least a week prior to your roll. Prolly idk 2-400mg every day? Pirac is good for a lot of day to day things as well so. I bet it makes lsd trips a bit more intense. Hmm

As I recall, the piracetam felt good at first, but eventually started to make me tweak out a bit. This is a problem I have with a lot of supplements. I get very overstimulated. I have to take fractions of what the dose is, or only take every 3 days or something like that.

I bet it makes lsd trips a bit more intense. Hmm

Yes, Piracetam greatly potentiates LSD according to what I've read.
I haven't tried it yet with LSD, but I can say it potentiates 4-ACO-DMT and 4-HO-MET.

Some users have said that doing the Piracetam routine while candy flipping potentiated the LSD so much that it kind of over powered the MDMA.

My next roll will be a candy flip and I plan on using a half dose of LSD and taking it around 3 hours before rolling.

@indigoaura Yeah, I think one should experiment a bit to find the proper dosage when using supplements.
I found that after a few days, I was getting a very minor headache. Barely noticeable.
So I will be adding a choline supplement to take with it as Piracetam demands a high level of choline be present in our brain, and if choline is lacking, one can get a headache.

Im intrigued. You methodological approach is well measured and appreciate the outputs.
I like the cheek of your avatar name.

NooTroo has formulas with phenylpiracetam and Choline combined. That is where I got my BPC-157.

@Wiserthanearlier
Thanks!

@indigoaura
I have some choline on the way, but thanks for the tip! I usually try to get my supplements in bulk powder so that I can control the dosage easier (and it's way cheaper).

-----------
If either of you try Piracetam with your next roll, would you mind posting your experience here?
I would be interested to see how it works out to you.

@indigoaura
Yes, I have used it for the past 2 rolls and it works well for me. I still drank grapefruit juice as well though.
I ordered some straight up grapefruit extract though, as I think it is a better value than the rave gum. It should arrive soon.

So I’d probably point out that way too many variables were manipulated - between switching batches, grapefruit juice, using piracetam, and using BPC. No way to tell which variable have which effects or whether it was any single one or the combo of all of them.

Obviously stuff like this is good to do but gotta control variables or it doesn’t really mean anything in the end.

Just grapefruit juice by itself is arguably a bad idea. Blunting metabolism of drugs like this, IMO, is not a good idea.You very well could have gotten blood levels equivalent to 200mg whereas the next person to do it would be at 150mg (on a 100mg dose) and the next person 300mg (on a 100mg dose) depending on genetic variants in metabolism.

Probably won’t be that extreme but there’s also no way to know. Better to start with the known baseline and increase dose for stronger effects.

This wasn’t to shoot you down, just that if people want to experiment and have worthwhile reports that variables have to be manipulated one at a time

So I’d probably point out that way too many variables were manipulated

Yes, I agree that is in no where near a useful science experiment. It's more just a trip report conveying some things that I found interesting.

- between switching batches, grapefruit juice, using piracetam, and using BPC. No way to tell which variable have which effects or whether it was any single one or the combo of all of them.

Actually, I added the grapefruit separately on Apr 10, and did a short post on that.
And then added BPC to the mix on Apr 23, but I didn't post on that. I didn't feel that the BPC had a significant effect on the roll, but continue to use it as part of my supplement mix.
Piracetam was added on Apr 29 and had the biggest effect on the roll so far.

So while the above doesn't necessarily make this a valid experiment, I got a fairly good idea (for myself personally), on how each substance affected my roll.

Better to start with the known baseline and increase dose for stronger effects.

Yes, no argument here.
My goal is to find how frequently I can dose without negative side effects, without increasing MDMA dosage (tolerance test), and still have a good roll.
I think my sweet spot will probably be once every 2 weeks.

This wasn’t to shoot you down, just that if people want to experiment and have worthwhile reports that variables have to be manipulated one at a time

No offence taken :)
I agree and I appreciate your feedback and advice.

Just grapefruit juice by itself is arguably a bad idea. Blunting metabolism of drugs like this, IMO, is not a good idea.You very well could have gotten blood levels equivalent to 200mg whereas the next person to do it would be at 150mg (on a 100mg dose) and the next person 300mg (on a 100mg dose) depending on genetic variants in metabolism.

My thoughts on using grapefruit is that it may enable me to lower my overall MDMA dosage. Same idea (but different mechanism) for using Piracetam.

Last edited:
My thoughts on using grapefruit is that it may enable me to lower my overall MDMA dosage.

This is true but it won’t be any more protective.

If 100mg gives you X blood level and geo fruit juice gives you 1.5X level then you’re still getting the same blood levels (and effects) from 100mg or 70mg. Just going to save a minute amount of product but that’s it.

As far as your post concerning rolling every 2 weeks, I’d caution against that. By the time you find out that it isn’t your sweet spot it’ll be too late

As far as your post concerning rolling every 2 weeks, I’d caution against that. By the time you find out that it isn’t your sweet spot it’ll be too late

I actually just posted about this on the Asperger post by @Lana Rain .

You may well be right and it could all go sideways for me.
I'm not saying that I'm superhuman or that I have figured out the perfect safety protocol, but I have good awareness on what is going on with my own body, mind, emotional health and have been making adjustments to my MDMA usage along the way.

Just a bit of history if it's relevant. I'm in my 60s now and have been using psychedelic drugs for around 45 years. This time period included well over a dark decade of death drug use mainly using opiates and speed/cocaine administered via IV injection (snowballs). It was really bad and ruined my life at the time. Somehow I dug myself out of that period by 2001. I have been using only psychedelics and some dissociatives since then.

So I do have some self-awareness and also know what it feels like to fall off the cliff.

It may just sound like excuses to many, but I'm willing to take the (calculated) risk at this point in my life.

No worries, I’m all about calculated risk so I can definitely get behind that. Just as long as someone is making those risk/reward calculations

Instead of hassling yourself over grapefruit juice, my best friend and I found out that one of the supplements we take daily as part of our health conscious lifestyle actually also acts as a CYP3A4 inhibitor, the same exact one that grapefruit is relied on by the MDMA community to inhibit the metabolization of MDMA into MDA, it's more neurotoxic byproduct which is believed by some to be the root of it's negative potential in the first place (eg: fatigue, negative comedown, etc.). She actually added it to her MDMA supplementation holding page over here: http://beyondtheparallax.com/mdma-supplementation/
She replaced Vitamin C with Astaxanthin as well.

As for the two week time period, I got into detail about frequency when someone asked me in the other thread (it is the last paragraph of my response here --> https://www.bluelight.org/xf/thread...spergers-with-mdma-video.886902/post-14820489) but in short, while I won't recommend it to most people, especially those who know they are not disciplined enough to safety protocols, I can say that the "3 month" rule is very regurgitated and based off of what I experienced, as well as everyone else I know, it tends to greatly exaggerate the actual damage MDMA can cause. If you are using MDMA therapeutically at home, with no dancing or any highly physically strenuous activity, keeping the room temperature cool, staying relatively hydrated throughout, and taking Resveratrol an hour before the session or Na-R-ALA/L-Carnitine/CoQ10 combo, I'm convinced someone can at least go once a month with zero issues. Up to date, the current finding is that there are no study that concludes damage from MDMA when analyzing all the data. As mentioned in another post, there is also a study done that shows intermittent use of MDMA causes MDMA itself to become neuroprotective against MDMA's side effects except for the body heat increase, which you can easily control by only using the substance to talk to your friends.