• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Finland asks: Does a prime minister have a right to party?

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

Finland asks: Does a prime minister have a right to party?

Kostya Manenkov, Karl Ritter
AP
20 Aug 2022

Excerpt:
HELSINKI (AP) — In a leaked video, Finland’s Prime Minister Sanna Marin is seen dancing and singing with friends at a private party. The 36-year-old leader poses for the camera. She sits on her knees, hands behind her head. She’s entangled in a group hug. She’s having a good time.

Countless similar videos are shared daily on social media by young and not-so-young people partying in Finland and all over the world. But the leak has triggered a debate among Finns about what level of reveling is appropriate for a prime minister, especially considering neighboring Russia’s attack on Ukraine, which prompted long-neutral Finland and Sweden to apply for NATO membership.

Marin, who leads the center-left Social Democratic Party, has faced a barrage of questions about the party: Were there drugs? Alcohol? Was she working or on summer vacation? Was the prime minister sober enough to handle an emergency had one arisen?

The video, clearly shot by someone at the party, was leaked on social media and caught the attention of Finnish media this week. Marin said she attended the party in recent weeks, but refused to say exactly where and when.

Let's party....big deal.She's a human too.....and she suggest to go to a drug checkin'.....so some alc,dance&shout....nothing happened.

It seems like most folks here are not that bad mind about the case after all. Even on news sites comments sections which are generally garbage.

According to what I have most recently read, possibly higher alertness could have been expected from her. And this is partly subjective now. And I don't really know. But I can understand those who are accusing Marin of failing in this matter, which seems to be the main focus now.

There seems to not be remarkable indications of drug use. But well, you never know if person is high or not.

Apparently the video this show was started from was shared vigorously on different platforms with malevolent interpretations by right-wing wankers. Journalists were basically just "ok whatever you say" and that's about "drugs". Such a shitshow and only for they didn't care to check the facts or shit.

Look how B.Johnson parties amid the covid lockdown.First who broke his own rules....this(and not only)took his head.At least.....let's see who is the next PM of Britain

I wouldn't vote her.

One thing is having the right to party and another is publicly radiate your most intimate moments being a person who should act as an example.
Seriousness is a thing, and not necessarily a bad one.
A 12 yo child could thing, "If the president does that, why cannot behave myself like this tiktoker that does this or that (more explicit moves/dances)?"

I wouldn't vote her.

One thing is having the right to party and another is publicly radiate your most intimate moments being a person who should act as an example.
A 12 yo child could thing, "If the president does that, why cannot behave myself like this tiktoker that does this or that (more explicit moves/dances)?"
Is she allowed a couple of glasses of wine with her meal in a restaurant? Where do you draw the line? Won't somebody think of the children???

Looks like she was at a totally normal and harmless gathering to me, hardly 'radiating' her 'most intimate moments' lmao

I'd prefer human beings like her as leaders to the horrific assholes that usually end up in such positions

Is she allowed a couple of glasses of wine with her meal in a restaurant? Where do you draw the line? Won't somebody think of the children???

Looks like she was at a totally normal and harmless gathering to me, hardly 'radiating' her 'most intimate moments' lmao

I'd prefer human beings like her as leaders to the horrific assholes that usually end up in such positions
It's all social engineering, if you cannot see it, then you're a victim of our times.

This is NOT a problem in Europe, but surely is a problem in most places in the World
If you're a Primer Minister you're not a normal person. Do you think that most people that end up in high places regarding international relationships like embassies need to study years and years about protocol for no reason??

If you work in a place where you need to represent your country, instead of someone else, as an example, as a leader, then you don't count on your opinions about how things are, neither you can count on how your cultural surroundings (Europe cultural values) are.
So then, you think Finland would be respected by asian, african or middle eastern countries that have totally different cultural backgrounds? If you cannot see that there's a cultural gap and that gap must be observed in terms of protocol when you're in such place, then man, you don't see how the world works.

ok

apologies I cba to engage with that atm but I disagree comprehensively :)
European values are not world values,
I really hope that everything would change for the better in terms of understanding, respecting and loving each other as people of the same specie.
but that's a hope, not a reality. If we want that in the future we should aim for that, also considering how dangerous media and notoriety is nowadays in a fast-paced global world.
You may see that innocent party and scene as innocent because you like to consider everyone equal, not needing any kind of "mask" or protocol. I understand that, and that's beautiful and I agree on that, as a hope, but that's not really how international politics actually are.
It's not like doing that she helps everyone to accept that as normal, that would be great, in an utopia, but I'm pretty sure most people outside of europe wouldn't think like that.

She probably have no drugs in her blood(probably).For me -that is a noise for fuckin'notging..yes i am from the Balkans and this does not impressed me at all.If she made a good job for his country that is alright for me.Here my brother u can see only biiiiiig thefts,idiotism&no one fuckin'cares 'cause tommorow could bring death just like that.so......different mentality brother....wright or wrong

The alternative for a release is the Clintons. Going to party on Epstein island.
So if you're saying a world leader wants to go a music festival and drop a psychedelic. That is absolutely fine.
Diddling children as a world leader. Killing people that would have you locked up. That's a little less than acceptable.

Here my brother u can see only biiiiiig thefts,idiotism&no one fuckin'cares 'cause tommorow could bring death just like that.so......different mentality brother....wright or wrong
But man, that's the point, I obviously cannot accept double standards an double morals, is totally outrageous that people care more about this than corruption or Epstein Island kinda stuff. Society is very hypocrital, and I hate that.
I was just trying to explain why it would be considered badly everywhere else outside of Europe, not judging the fact that the society is completely and shamelessly hypocrital, which is totally true.

I wouldn't vote her.

Radiating her most intimate moments?? Did we watch the same video?? Because if not, I might like the one you’re talking about more.

At least they have a prime minister who’s actually young and fit enough to party unlike the geriatric ward patients we get as president over here in the states.

Radiating her most intimate moments?? Did we watch the same video?? Because if not, I might like the one you’re talking about more.
So, if you were Prime of a country you wouldn't consider intimate a party?
don't know man, maybe you have parties every week or everyday... not my case.
Normally a house party is something that you share with people you love or people you enjoy, you don't invite everyone and a lot of things can happen in a party that you wouldn't want everyone to know,
and that's exactly what has happened. Have you see her message? she is pissed the fact that everyone has see that, basically because parties are not public specially if you are Prime Minister.