Finasteride for thinning hair..

I havent noticed any side effects(knock knock) and Ive been taking it for ufff, I think a good 10, maybe 15 years? Started in my late teens, I wasnt going bald but I noticed my hair thinning in the front (, kinda like you(tho If I think back, it mightve been just my sloppy hygiene lol). It definitely strenghtens your hair and completely halts your hair falling out. My dad started maybe 2 years after myself and has kept exactly the same hair line from when he started. Before that his hairline was receding visibly.

These days I usually take one every two days and one every day if I feel like my hair is thinning again. My dermathologist didnt warm me of any serious side effect (but I think im her longest taking patient of this drug and one of the first if not the first). Libido definitely hasnt decreased from this. And in any case, one of the side effects of this drug is that it PREVENTS a few forms of cancer that are sadly in my familiy line prevalent.
All in all, it helped, have all my hair left, no side effects. Why be bald if you dont have to be.
good luck

Yeah exactly I don't want to be bald! I have a baby face and being bald will just take away all my features! I can't pull off being bald but I know some people can.. just not myself! I'll have to make an appointment with a dermatologist and talk to them about my hair problems. Because I'm not going bald by any means but I also don't want to be insecure about having thin hair for the rest of my life! I'd rather fix it if I can you know? Thanks again!

I know this thread hasn't been posted in for awhile so idk if OP still checks. But if he does, or if anyone else reads this for advice, then I can offer some based on my experience with MPB.

My MPB started around age 19 and by age 22 it had gotten to the point where you could see my scalp through my hair in certain areas. It was pretty bad. I started taking 5mg of finasteride a day along with 5% minoxidil twice per day. I'm now 25 and my hair looks wayyyy better than it did at 22. I don't think I regrew any hair I had already lost but my hair did become much thicker. Can't see my scalp anymore , my hair got darker and you can't notice I have MPB unless I make it a point to show where my hairline receded when I was younger. So that's where I would start if you have MPB. Finasteride + minoxidil 2x per day. I haven't noticed any significant negative side effects from the finasteride. I have a normal libido and compete as a professional martial artist so I can live my life perfectly fine while on finasteride daily. My libido felt a little off for like the first month but that's about it. Some people experience side effects they can't tolerate but that hasn't been the case with me. So I Would recommend at least giving it a shot if MPB is something you suffer from and you want to keep your hair.

Now if you're on Test cyp, or test p or e, then more testosterone will be converted to dht since more test is being produced, but the finasteride should still be effective at blocking the excess dht. BUT you still might notice some shedding/thinning while on any anabolic steroid if you have MPB. Finny might be able to block enough dht to stop hair loss even while on test...IT MIGHT...That being said, you can start using Nizoral and Minoxidil 5% w/ azelaic acid 15% to help kill the dht on the scalp that could be damaging you're hair if Finny + minoxidil isn't enough. But if you're not using steroids then this might not be necessary. But if the finny and 5% minoxidil isn't enough then I would suggest added either the Nizoral or azelaic acid, or both.

Im the only one in my family with MPB who has managed to stop it so far because nobody else in my family is proactive in trying to stop the hair loss. But if you are then it's something I think people can overcome. Hope this helps!

I'm using Finasteride and Dutasteride for about 8 years and they are a few points to consider if someone want to use them.

Finasteride:
Is only able to block DHT-2 which is one the scalp. The forehead area is DHT-1 attached so Finasteride will never help you or someone else in the forehead area, it is only suitable for the scalp.
1mg per day (official dosage to stop hairloss) is to much on the long run. You can experience ED, Brainfog, decreasing of sex drive. So use 1mg ever second day (3.5mg per week) this decreases the "hairloss stopping effect" by only 10% but the chances of getting sides is much more lower.

Dutasteride:
This blocks DHT-1 and DHT-2 which stops hairloss completely and stimulates regrow. BUT the sides are much more serious (ED, losing sex drive etc.) when you taking 0.5mg every day. I take just 2 caps of 0.5 mg every week (Monday and Thursday) without sides.

Hope that helps