• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Finally! I found LSD, but what now?

I find the talk of co-occurring/co-morbid disorders and psychedelics fascinating.

I have panic disorder, major depressive disorder and OCD. LSD generally turns into a bad trip for me due to the panic disorder. Panic attacks for me are extremely scary and make my trips on LSD into nightmares, even at small doses.

Mushrooms on the other hand give me an enormous sense of well-being in which I have profound thoughts about the anxiety. One trip I had maybe four years ago I had the thought "when sadness is at its worst in your life, it is merely your soul showing you that on the converse you can feel extremely happy. Don't turn a blind eye to the sadness as the happiness will have no reference."

It took me the whole trip to figure this out and I had to write it down.

Kaleida I also find it amazing that you need so much LSD to have intense visuals. I get visuals at 100mcg.

Kaleida, non of them has any experience with LSD unfortunately.
I made sure that each of them reads this (Hi guys!!!) so that they have the same knowledge and trust that I do.

My thanks goes out to all of you, I'm really glad that places like this exist :)

With synesthesia you really have to do it right. I know people who never had synesthesia until they hung out with me and I instructed them on how to draw it out.

Well, I can't rule out the possibility that this is the case, but the thing is I do tend to get it relatively easily on other psychedelics. What do you do to draw it out on LSD?

I find the talk of co-occurring/co-morbid disorders and psychedelics fascinating.

I have panic disorder, major depressive disorder and OCD. LSD generally turns into a bad trip for me due to the panic disorder. Panic attacks for me are extremely scary and make my trips on LSD into nightmares, even at small doses.

Mushrooms on the other hand give me an enormous sense of well-being in which I have profound thoughts about the anxiety. One trip I had maybe four years ago I had the thought "when sadness is at its worst in your life, it is merely your soul showing you that on the converse you can feel extremely happy. Don't turn a blind eye to the sadness as the happiness will have no reference."

It took me the whole trip to figure this out and I had to write it down.

Kaleida I also find it amazing that you need so much LSD to have intense visuals. I get visuals at 100mcg.

That is very unfortunate about your LSD experiences! If I may ask, what kinds of things do you panic about? I developed an anxiety condition for a while many years ago from lots of poor life/drug decisions and had to face some problems like that while tripping as well, but given that it was situational I was able to overcome it eventually as well.

That sounds wonderful about the mushrooms though, I do a lot of working on myself on them too. :) I feel that that is a very important lesson you wrote down as well.... I've had that one occur to me while tripping as well, and it really stuck with me! It kind of puts a perspective on life which I think is pretty significant to have in this crazy and often bleak world....

But yeah, if only I could get visuals from that much lol. I'm actually still thinking a lot about what I said about it earlier.... I really do think that there's pretty decent reasons to think that something could be pretty out of whack with my serotonin receptors, aside from the aforementioned hypomanic vibe and whatever I also have a family history of OCD, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, GERD, and IBS, and within the last few years most of those seem to have made themselves known in me as well. And the more I think about it, the more it just seems like my serotonin system is really not playing the full role it should in me LSD trips.... Even when I do take those high doses, the visuals I get are more similar to deliriants than anything, which I can say from experience. I will get imagery of people materializing around my house that starts as cartoony but builds up to 100% dream-like realism, accompanied by grainy vision, flashes of white light, and dissociative visions, and I still won't even really have tracers or patterning at that point. If I'm lucky there may be a very, very faint and extremely simplistic spinning wheel image on the walls and floors, but it's barely even noticeable compared to what else is going on. To be perfectly honest I really don't mind it because I love my LSD trips just the way they are, but it is quite apparent to me after trying several other more active psychedelics.

Kaleida, non of them has any experience with LSD unfortunately.
I made sure that each of them reads this (Hi guys!!!) so that they have the same knowledge and trust that I do.

My thanks goes out to all of you, I'm really glad that places like this exist :)

Alright, well that's definitely a good move! As I said, I'm really not too worried about that setup, but if you're not planning to have someone sober though I would recommend that you at least have one or two people who you know you can call if shit does hit the fan, people who you can really trust to even head over right away if they really have to, but otherwise they could just help talk people down over the phone or something. That way at least you have a safety net... which you probably won't need at this level, but you sure will be happy you have one if it turns out you do.

Anyway, glad to help, let us know if you have any other concerns. :)

Well, I can't rule out the possibility that this is the case, but the thing is I do tend to get it relatively easily on other psychedelics. What do you do to draw it out on LSD?

The first thing you've got to do is, take 200-300ug of LSD. For some it takes more than others. I personally take 300ug+ to have an astounding synesthesia experience. Wait around 2 hours until you're peaking hard, shut the lights off, and put this album on as loud as possible or use decent headphones. Make sure you're lying down in a comfortable position. Skip to about 8 minutes. Stay perfectly quiet and think about all of the notes you're hearing, try to really take every note in. Take deep breaths as if in meditation. Focus on following the subtle patterns of the music and it should come to you. The album keeps getting progressively crazier and more intense, peaking around 12 or 14 minutes. https://youtu.be/hnA8cOahBlQ?t=503

Last edited:
The first thing you've got to do is, take 200-300ug of LSD. For some it takes more than others. I personally take 300ug+ to have an astounding synesthesia experience. Wait around 2 hours until you're peaking hard, shut the lights off, and put this album on as loud as possible or use decent headphones. Make sure you're lying down in a comfortable position. Skip to about 8 minutes. Stay perfectly quiet and think about all of the notes you're hearing, try to really take every note in. Take deep breaths as if in meditation. Focus on following the subtle patterns of the music and it should come to you. The album keeps getting progressively crazier and more intense, peaking around 12 or 14 minutes. https://youtu.be/hnA8cOahBlQ?t=503

I love that jam! I've got it on my phone hehe

Alrighty, I guess I'll have to try this next chance I get then. :) I have been craving a good LSD trip again after all....

If you have easy access to a test kit you should for sure get one thats the only way to know for sure. For me LSD has always been a much more mellow trip then all the research chems, if feels more clean and is much more introspective. If you find it is in fact LSD, i would take 4 tabs and give your friend 2 since he seems much more naive then you. People might say this is excesive or whatever but I do NOT understand when people who are experienced psychedelic users take one or two hits. You can take 2 hits and go alll the way to the moon, or take 6 and talk to god, those big doses will change your way of thinking and how you view the world, at least in my opinion. Always have a sitter if you feel you need one. When i take large doses i stay with my girlfriend in our living room for the first hour just so she knows im ok then go into our spare bedroom and listen to music and draw and write and really try to get in my head. Then go to my bedroom and have the most amazing, spiritual sex of my life :)

I'll take that as a compliment, and yes that is what my ultimate goal basically is, but since i'm now sure that this guy can get as much as desired I'll take it easy the first time.
4 tabs seems a little excessive to me, but hell yeah I will try that later on.
I'll give god your regards hehe :p

I love that jam! I've got it on my phone hehe

good shit lol

I should play guitar myself sometime on LSD haha. It was great on truffles

LSD is musical steroids. Add some MDMA to the mix and you've got an incredibly free mind which can will music into creation as easily as breathing. On mushrooms, for me the music writes it's self and then plays in my head like headphones.

If we are still a harm reduction website, there's a lot of bad advice ITT.

1. In today's environment testing is essential. Invest in Ehrlich reagent. A second reagent is also adviseable as people have been known to spike bomamine blotters with minute amounts of indole alkaloids in hopes of defeating the Ehrlich.
2. Tossing around micages is silly. Very few people know what their doses are dosed at, how much they are degraded, or for that matter, seeing as people don't know this, very few people know what mics feel like so as to give a guesstimate given subjective appearances.
3. Corollary: Dealers claiming micages are almost always guessing, misinformed, or lying.
4. Taking two, much less four, hits of LSD of unknown potency is probably excessive to a psychedelic naive individual, and asking for trouble, particularly for one with less than stellar prior experiences with other psychedelics. It is better to wade into the waters to begin with. LSD is not 2CB. It can be much less forgiving an experience if it takes a wrong turn.
5. Micages on blotters, assuming that they are in fact LSD, are quite variable. 150mcg is quite strong and unlikely. 60-100 is a likely dose with 100 sa the so called "industry standard" but a certain amount will inevitably be degraded so you're usually talking 60-80mcg per "hit." However over in Europe they have strange ways and like to lay 250mcg blotters and suchlike, c.f. the controversial "Hoffman anniversary" blotters, although a lot of that is bullshit and some of it isn't even proper LSD, or perhaps is the LS, but not the D.
6. Keeping benzos on hand is essential. Valium is best. See a recent thread about this.

Therefore, start low, go slow and test your stuff.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Tossing around micages is silly. Very few people know what their doses are dosed at, how much they are degraded, or for that matter, seeing as people don't know this, very few people know what mics feel like so as to give a guesstimate given subjective appearances.

It may be an approximation, but if you're doing it right, a gram of LSD = 100 sheets = around 100ug per hit. At least that's how the people who know what they're doing, do it.

It may be an approximation, but if you're doing it right, a gram of LSD = 100 sheets = around 100ug per hit. At least that's how the people who know what they're doing, do it.

Well, those nice even numbers are the proper "industry standard," at least in the traditional venues for LSD distribution stateside, but it is variously degraded (90%+ or even 80%+ pure LSD crystal is very rare once it hits the market and then can degrade further from there) and underdosing the hits (analogous to "cutting" other drugs I guess) is not uncommon. This is easy to get away with because, again, the average end user has no idea what mics really feel like and the placebo effect is huge when tripping, if you think you're taking a large dose, you can easily convince yourself you are and trip out harder. There were actually experiments done around this in the Leary era and people tended to trip more according to what they expected to than their actual dose. But those were people who weren't LSD naive. To a LSD naive individual the dose will probably do what it should, but not knowing what that will be, they should aim low.

Cut that tab in four pieces and try one piece and let it kick in and see how you feel and you want to take it to another level add another piece but by no means should you take the whole tab at once or even half the tab.
Maintain control of your trip and guide it in the direction you want to go instead of letting it guide you down some dark path..
Do it with your girlfriend or do it by yourself somewhere safe where you can't get in trouble..
Don't take it when you're drinking, add booze after it kicks in and/or lift weights for 12 hours straight because all of your limits are unlocked, you feel no pain but the next 3 to 4 weeks you will be one hurting SOB but you'll be bigger..

lol a fourth of a tab won't do too much other than make your feelings more intense and colors may seem brighter. it's not much more than a microdose. you might feel stimulated too.

Getting really confused about the dosage guys, I'll just start with a half I guess.

By the way, I don't have Xanax or valium. But I do have Temazepam.

Valium is jsut the gold standard, temazepam should be okay. It is basically just to calm you down if things get a little rough.

Dutch: You will be fine. Take half a blotter and wait 45 mins to see how you feel, if you want more take it, if you are comfortable with where you are tripwise then don't take it.

@kaleida. Generally anything associated with time. Driving. Mostly I just look at every situation around me and think about the endgame and how it could hurt me. For example. A glass of water is on the edge of a table. I would think through until I eventually can imagine the glass shattering and piece of glass going in my eye. On LSD I would actually feel like the glass was in my eye, thus causing me to freak out. OCD and panic disorder really sucks.

I've never done less than 300mcg of LSD at a time because it just doesn't do much for me otherwise. I disagree that LSD can't harm you, at much higher doses it can be impossible for the psyche to handle especially into the mg ranges. Anything below 500mcg is doable in a secure environment. Won't get into the whole "how much should I take" discussion, I'm just reflecting on my experience. Chances of it being NBOMBe are unlikely. If anything it would be a different research chemical. It's possible to get real LSD in the Netherlands and at high quality. That's where my best acid has come from in the past, wish I could get more of it. I'm a big proponent of HR but my exceptional advice when it comes to LSD *only* is that if you're in a safe space, then your first-ever experience with it should be a higher dose. It cracks your consciousness open in such a florid, shocking, awe-inspiring way that there's no point in being wussy about it. Go big or go home.

I also really hate the general advice of taking a benzo on the come down. If you have a good trip then just coast for as long as you need to before you can finally rest. Even if you theoretically have a bad trip, don't take a benzo. In fact I think this is horrible advice especially for a first timer. LSD has a medicinal aspect on consciousness and benzos just ruin it. Adding a benzo means that in the weeks to come if there are any leftover effects you won't know if it was the benzo or the LSD that did it. Don't add more things, keep the experience pure if possible. You can always tweak it another time.

There's also something about benzos which disrupt the personal process so that it doesn't get completed. If someone is having a bad trip - which is just really an affect of their psyche coming out to play - then if you drug them further they won't get to resolve it. The issue remains in limbo indefinitely which has far greater consequences than whatever is happening at the moment of the trip. You're better off letting things play out as much as possible and always remind yourself that good or bad, it will eventually end. Taking LSD means making the choice to allow whatever needs to happen, happen. If you've got a safe and entertaining setup you'll be fine. IME the only thing that fucks up LSD trips is having fucked up people around or not being able to let go and just relax.

Last edited:
@kaleida. Generally anything associated with time. Driving. Mostly I just look at every situation around me and think about the endgame and how it could hurt me. For example. A glass of water is on the edge of a table. I would think through until I eventually can imagine the glass shattering and piece of glass going in my eye. On LSD I would actually feel like the glass was in my eye, thus causing me to freak out. OCD and panic disorder really sucks.

Oh wow, that does really suck! :\ I have a similar kind of anxiety but it's not quite to that level. But I do sometimes like picture horrible accidents that could happen around me while driving, stuff like that. Mostly though I have gotten over that by now.... I can't promise that this will help you in any way, but I have to say that what I realized for me personally is that I just have to let the thoughts play out. I want to say it in a way you can relate to, but of course again I am NOT saying it would happen this way for you, but this is about how it would happen for me: if I had that fear of glass getting in my eye, the fear would start rising and if I resisted it it would make me freak the fuck out and just try to push away the thoughts and avoid them at all costs, but what I would do now after my learning experiences is instead enforce it, specifically let it grow and imagine it getting into my eye and even pushing it in further and all kinds of twisted shit... but you know what happens then? I start thinking it's hilarious that I'm doing something as weird and demented as this. The fear completely dissipates because the thought no longer has power over me, in fact I have power over it. And then I just go back to doing whatever I want to do.

The reason that I came to the conclusion to treat things this way is because I realized that resisting your imagination is the same as resisting a trip in every single way, probably even chemically. The way people say that you just need to "let go" and let it wash all over you on psychedelics, whether it's good or bad, is equally true about your mind even while sober. Once you let a delusion do its worst you come out of realizing that in the end it really is a delusion, and has no effect on you whatsoever. At least, that's been my experience.... I cannot promise that it will work the same for you, but I hope you do find some relief from this eventually one way or another. <3