Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters
It's no secret that John Lasseter has compiled a dream team at Pixar. Collectively they are 9 for 9 on feature films, each one becoming both a smash critical and commercial hit. This unparalleled string of successes obviously stems from the CGI pioneering they've done, but also from the overwhelming creative talent and flair for storytelling that exists at the top of their production pipeline. They get people who really know good stories, and know how to tell them persuasively.

I think Brad Bird is the most talented auteur on the roster, but they all have that Spielbergian talent for identifying a compelling story idea, translating it into a dazzling patchwork of visual imagery and keeping it firmly tethered with an emotional continuity that can be a little sappy, but nonetheless enjoyable. They also have perfected the fine art of appealing to kids and adults in about equal doses.

As processing speeds increase and the software improves, each new Pixar film has raised the bar on the complexity of the visual imagery and WALL-E continues that trend. Coupled with inventive sound design and some good deep space shots it's an excellent film. The girl robot's voice definitely made me want to have electron sex with her.

The movie was great. Pixar does an incredible job of transcending genres and appealing to everyone. I think it really says something about a movie rated G that the entire audience of the show I attended was adults. Kudos to Pixar for this winner. Even with the minimal amount of dialogue, you really actually "feel" for the robots, and that's what makes this movie so stunning. Visually it was incredible, every little movement the robots made conveyed a real human emotion, but didn't come off as forced, childish, of cheesy.

The musical score was awesome too, and the homages to Space Odyssey were right up my alley. I would go see this movie again in a heartbeat.

^ what he said. i loved every minute of it.

and i had something in my eye at the end, right? ;)

10/10.

I waitress at a movie theatre that has this movie now.
It was pretty good, one of the better of all the computer generated animation kids movies out there.
Weird sidenote: My bosses five year old daughter has a crush on Wall e and is jealous of Eva.

this movie was amazing

so many philosophical layers they subtly added in, about us as a human race in general

am i the only one who totally sees a knockoff of johnny 5 though? the creators should have come up with a more original design.
and inspiration from a few other sci fi movies, like 2001 a space odyssey

I can't believe I've never seen this thread. I absolutely adored Wall-E.

so many philosophical layers they subtly added in, about us as a human race in general

So very true. Ultimately the only thing that separates Wall-E from being anything other then what he was built to do is his ability to love, desire, help, appreciate. Just like us really. Can you believe I cried while watching this? But it was a good cry....I love that.

I want an Eve doll for Christmas.
wall-e-and-eve_392.jpg

it's funny how again christians always seem to be against free thought and free speech

(am talking about seeing wall-e inciting free thinking and happiness everywhere in the movie, and then looking at the reaction from the religious right and 'concerned parents' linked in an above post)

^some Christians ...;) yes I find those reactions annoying and a waste of space as well. (I'm a Catholic).

nah! robots was one of those crap films that relies on well-known voices to carry it.

this one barely has any dialogue. the robots rely entirely on body language, facial expressions, and bleeps & whirrs to tell the story, and apparently they do it brilliantly.
I think the lack of dialog definitely made this a stronger movie. It was quite cute and fun.

I still think the robot design is a clear rip-off of Short Circuit. I know the creator came out and said his inspiration was from the dancing Pixar light bulb but I just don't buy it.

I can't believe I've never seen this thread. I absolutely adored Wall-E.

So very true. Ultimately the only thing that separates Wall-E from being anything other then what he was built to do is his ability to love, desire, help, appreciate. Just like us really. Can you believe I cried while watching this? But it was a good cry....I love that.

I want an Eve doll for Christmas.
wall-e-and-eve_392.jpg

aww, me too :) they were so adorable. loved the movie

Well, there are people who "call" themselves Christians but never really go to church, read the bible, or any of that stuff. It's just a title at the end of the day for them.

Then there are CHRISTIANS aka bible thumpers.

^i completely disagree, but this is not the place for this discussion. take it to P&S.