Votes: 7 11.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters
Shit I didn't know Lisa Dergan was with Michael Bay. I'm not sure how I feel about him directing, but at least you know the action will be entertaining.

For those that live in the UK, there's a Citroen advert at the moment featuring a dancing car.

I've been told that the technology/animation techniques in the ad were provided by the effects house who are working on the Transformers movie. The ad was a kind of prototype trial run.

Can anyone confirm this, or has someone just fed me a load of bullshit?

so i'm guessing that they are going to forget the incidents in the first movie. i mean i haven't kept up with what has been going on recently, but optimus is dead right? also galvatron was way cooler looking than megatron, he had a truly bad ass way about him. and if they keep him as megatron, then there will be no cyclonus as his right-hand man. though i do like soundwave better.

Transformers went downhill after they started crossing over with animals.
That shark robot is by far the dumbest character/villian ever! :|

i'm pretty sure optimus prime is gonna be in it. perhaps it will be a prequel or something? most likely though, yeah, they'll just forget the first movie ever happened...

michael bay........HACK! Fuckin HACK!

even the alternative was terrible: Roland Emmerich.

Last edited:
this is true, but there are good reports about bay's new one (the island), so maybe it won't be too bad. or perhaps i just read too much into aicn's propaganda :)

God i hope you're right.

This could be either so good or so incredibly bad.

Last edited:
Yea it would be really cool if they did a prequel....

I agree the animal robotsa went too far....Hopefully they stick to the basics

I absolutely despised the newer episodes of Transformers when they added in the stupid scene changes that seemed to happen every five minutes.

Transformers was to me the greatest cartoon ever when growing up. I have such fond memories of rushing home to watch it after primary school.

by the way

beast wars = piece of shit

ps. I will be fucken hostile is this movie turns out to be shit (most likely it will be)

film: transformers

a helicopter?
i dont know if i like that either. he was my favorite.

but anyway... a poll

Whoah, I thought this was about the old transformers movie. I was just about to drop a BAD review, although it was cool to hear my first 'curse' word. "OPEN! DAMNIT! OPEN!" if you can even consider damnit a curse word. This might be cool though...

Also, polls before the movie actually comes out doesn't seem like a good idea to me...

i never figured it was a good idea either... but then people started rating the movies, in their posts, a week before the official release date - sometimes even more. between different country opening dates, even different u.s. dates (such as only opening in l.a., nyc and a few selected before hand or even different coast different dates), internet downloads before the movie is out (happened with star wars, family guy and other big ones where someone leaked out the movie supposedly), preview weekends and everything else people can and do do to get first glance before a movie is actually in a good number of mainstream theaters i started thinking- why not.

How can ratchet not be an ambulance?! Those were his colours man!

McLaren said:
so i'm guessing that they are going to forget the incidents in the first movie. i mean i haven't kept up with what has been going on recently, but optimus is dead right? also galvatron was way cooler looking than megatron, he had a truly bad ass way about him. and if they keep him as megatron, then there will be no cyclonus as his right-hand man. though i do like soundwave better.

It will completely disregard anything established in the 80's animated flick and is only a live-action "reimagining" of the first episodes. Considering that Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay are working on this, I already smell rank odor of shit seeping out.

Transformers will be based on Generation 1 characters
According to its producers, the Transformers movie will borrow its 10 principal characters -- five Autobots and five Decepticons -- from the franchise's original television series.

But just which characters will they be?

Alex Kurtzman, one of the film's screenwriters, has gone on record claiming that the movie will feature Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Bumblebee, and Arcee. Producer Don Murphy has also added some names to that list, including characters Jazz and Ratchet.

Wrong, Wrong, WRONG! Arcee wasn't even Generation 1, she was Generation 2, introduced in the animated movie along w/ Hot Rod, Blur, Springer, and all the other Generation 2 Transformers. She's only being thrown in the flick because she's the only known female robot, so the move just stinks of political correctedness.

The genius behind the film's first draft is Canadian cut-up John Rogers, a former stand-out stand-up. Rogers used to tour the world (including some of its smallest hillbilly bars) as a smart-ass comedian before landing a job as the writer and producer of Cosby in 1996. He also wrote the screenplay for 2004's Catwoman , but we won't hold that against him.

But I sure as hell will. Between Spielberg's penchant for drawn-out sappy endings, Michael Bay's over-the-top quick-cut directing, and a script writer who penned the worst comic-book spinoff in the history of film, I fail to see the recipe for a blockbuster here. This movie's just a thinly veiled attempt to cash in on the faux-revival of 80's cartoons that has occured in the last 2-3 years.

onetwothreefour said:
i'm pretty sure optimus prime is gonna be in it. perhaps it will be a prequel or something? most likely though, yeah, they'll just forget the first movie ever happened...

After the release of the animated movie, more episodes of the cartoon were made and released, where in, among other things, Optimus Prime was ressurected by the quinticons.

Transfans.com episode guide

psychetool said:
although it was cool to hear my first 'curse' word. "OPEN! DAMNIT! OPEN!" if you can even consider damnit a curse word.

hey, what about when Spike said 'shit' about ten minutes into the movie? way before Magness says dammit while trying to open the matrix.

if you don't remember, it's when Bumblebee and Spike are trying to escape the gravity of Unicron. the explosives on the moon go off and they realize that Unicron isn't even hurt. after some premature jubilation:

Bumblebee: Look!
Spike: It isn't even dented! (the ship begins to spiral out of control)
Spike: oh shit, what are we gonna do now!
(the ship gets sucked into Unicron's mouth)

Last edited: