• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: The Land Before Time

Rate this film:

• Total voters
Wow lol this brings back memories, was my first favorite movie as a youngin use to cry every time the mom dinosaur died haha.

I used to watch tlbt sooooo much as a kid, I think 2 & 3 are still *somewhat* legit to me, but the other 10 or so (last I saw there was 13!!) are bullshit.

I haven't seen this since I was a kid, but I remember loving it. I also really used to like All Dogs Go To Heaven too. :)

Rating system seems kinda redundant, like you won't all give it five. ;)

I loved this movie as a kid. And I found it a bit scary as well.

I was pretty young when I saw it, so I did go on to watch some of the sequels. I probably saw The Land Before Time II: The Great Valley Adventure the most times as I owned it on video (cassette thereof :D). And the last one that I ever watched was the one about the island (which wikipedia informs me was the fith one).

None of the sequels were as scary or magical as the first one.

This was one of my favourite childhood movies! Love dinosaurs ;)

.....I suddenly feel like watching it now :D

I watched that movie so many times as a kid that I wore out the vhs and it stopped working.

This is a picture of Petrie
petrie.jpg

Don Bluth is a freakin genius! I cry every time when Littlefoot's mom bites the big one and then later when he thinks she's come back to life but it's only a shadow!! In fact, I wish it was on TV right now so I could squirt out some tears. and you just know that later in the 90s the writers of the Lion King were sitting around thinkin "gee, we need a real tear jerkin moment. how about we kill this cute talking cartoon animal's parent? it worked for don bluth! and he's a genius!!!"

Also, not to be a bonkerkill or anything, but the adorable little girl who did the voice over for Ducky was murdered by her father before the film was even released! now her ghost haunts the 80s seeking out time travelers and pinging them with heart rending nostalgia.

I remember I had an old VHS of this movie and it had a commercial for pizza hut in the beginning before the movie started where this dorky kid shows up at a some party at a place like chuck-e-cheese and he's shunned until pizza hut shows up and delivers him some pizzas and he instantly becomes the most popular kid at the party and winks at this girl and when I was in kindergarten or whatever I would fantasize that the pizza hut delivery guy would walk in the door and give me a pizza and make me super popular. brightly colored twisty straws were probably an essential part of the equation.

Man, I just read up on Don Bluth. That guy rules! I love(d) many of his movies. I don't know how I didn't make the connection.

The Secret of NIMH (1982)
An American Tail (1986)
The Land Before Time (1988)
All Dogs Go to Heaven (1989)
Rock-a-Doodle (1992)

rock a doodle freaked me out, i think

there was lots of crazy biblical end of the world shit going on in that one iirc

classic. used to love it as a child! watched it again and again. might have to go and look it up on youtube

I still can't figure out how I'm the ONLY person on Earth with a Petrie tattoo!

Can you believe it? The only one!!!!

I remember I had an old VHS of this movie and it had a commercial for pizza hut in the beginning before the movie started where this dorky kid shows up at a some party at a place like chuck-e-cheese and he's shunned until pizza hut shows up and delivers him some pizzas and he instantly becomes the most popular kid at the party and winks at this girl and when I was in kindergarten or whatever I would fantasize that the pizza hut delivery guy would walk in the door and give me a pizza and make me super popular. brightly colored twisty straws were probably an essential part of the equation.

omg, youre right! my vhs had this commercial too. wow, forgot about that. tortured my parents to take me to pizza hut - they didnt believe in fast food. i think ultimately they gave in and took me once.