• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 37 25.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 90 61.2%

• Total voters
Good movie is good :)

I didn't bother to see the first one, but this one looked interesting enough.

The same reason I don't want to see 19 out of the first 25 movies listed on www.hollywood.com right now. I'm not interested in them. Not only that, I am heterosexual and, besides the fact that homosexuality does urk me a bit, I don't think I could relate much to a couple gay cowboys from the west. I don't even think that's homophobic. I get along with gay people the same way I get along with straight people. If they're cool, they're cool, if they're not, they're not.

Fair enough. I don't even know why I asked you come to think of it. Even if you were homophobic, I don't think there's anything wrong with that... You don't have to like gay people and you certainly don't have to watch a film about a sexual relationship between two gay cowboys.

Seriously, if you respect Heath at all watch it

This is kinda crazy. Just cause you respect someone as an actor doesn't mean you need to watch everything they've ever been in, regardless if whether or not it appeals to you. 'Brokeback Mountain' isn't for everyone.

Not only that, I am heterosexual and, besides the fact that homosexuality does urk me a bit, I don't think I could relate much to a couple gay cowboys from the west. I don't even think that's homophobic. I get along with gay people the same way I get along with straight people. If they're cool, they're cool, if they're not, they're not.

It seems to me that you TOLERATE gay people, not get along with them.

In any case, Brokeback Mountain was not all that it was cracked up to be. At least not for me. Sure, the final scenes touched me a great deal, but in my eyes it played kinda like a soap opera. :\

I wish that I had of recognised Heath's talent before his passing though. Sadly, they don't come around that often. And it always hurts more when the younger ones go. :( <3

I merely said watch it if you really like Heath. He was EXCELLENT in that film regardless of the subject matter. Yes, I think Brokeback Mountain SHOULD be for everyone. Yeah, you have a right to 'dislike' homosexuals or be peeved by it or whatever nonsense 2oclock is spewing now but I don't think that's appropriate. People should be FINE with homosexual relationships. This was a significant part of the message in Brokeback. :\

The whole 'I'm not interested in that' sort of idea behind not seeing a film is sort of "crazy" to me. I'm not personally invested in a homosexual relationship but I can relate to it as I'm a human being with interpersonal relationships. How people think it's necessary to personally relate to the subject matter in a film in order to understand it is beyond me. I've never been in a black-white interracial relationship yet I saw the importance and difficulty in "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner".

I've never met someone who hates on shit more than me before I started reading your posts. Do you like anything, Deceased?

Yes, I think Brokeback Mountain SHOULD be for everyone.

In an ideal world hun, yes. But in reality, I don't foresee it happening any time soon.

I've never been in a black-white interracial relationship yet I saw the importance and difficulty in "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner".

Bugger it, you just reminded me that I missed that on TV last night. :X

I've never met someone who hates on shit more than me before I started reading your posts. Do you like anything, Deceased?

Yeah, he likes watching films. But only the once, mind. =D

It seems to me that you TOLERATE gay people, not get along with them.

I don't think that's fair. I think I need to clarify what I said earlier about how I feel about homosexuals. The act of homosexual "sex" is really what urks me, not homosexual people. For one, it does not contribute to procreation, which, correct me if I'm wrong, is the primary reason it is supposed to be practiced. It would be insane for me to say recreational sex isn't beneficial, because happiness is easily, IMO, the most important thing in life, and sex (hetero or homo) surely achieves that. And I'd be lying if I say I didn't enjoy females having homosexual "sex", but with that being said, homosexual (male+male or female+female) "sex" is not sexual intercourse, by definition. I'd never hate on anyone for getting pleasure out of life, that's just not my thing.

And again, I get along with gay people just fine. I don't have any gay friends at the moment, but I could probably count the total amount of friends I have these days on one hand, so by no means am I boycotting gay friendships. I've worked with gay people. I've partied with gay people. People are people. I've definitely had a few awkward moments in my time, but it was never because I was intolerant, I'm just not gay and it's a little uncomfortable when it appears a gay guy is checking me out. Do I hate on Jamshyd when he compliments the pictures I post in The Lounge? No. I tell him I'll take a compliment any way I can get it.

Sorry for the lengthy, and off-topic, reply, but I really felt I needed to clear that up. Peace, love, unity and respect to all. :)

Yeah, I like a lot of films. Recently on F&T, I made positive comments about: Inglourious Basterds, Coraline, District 9 & Choke. In the same period of time, I only made negative comments about Primer I think... oh and Terminator 2.

I didn't say I disliked 'Brokeback Mountain' either, I just don't like the idea that everybody should be so accepting of homosexuality. The characters in the film were married and had children, just like Oscar Wilde in 'Wilde'. Yet the films are supposed to portray some sort of message about acceptance. I guess you could argue that they had to get married and have children in order to be accepted by society and they had to fuck men in the ass behind closed doors... or that they were so confused and threatened by peoples reactions to their sexuality that they tried to be hetero but failed due to a love that was beyond their control, but that's all kind of bullshit, isn't it? Regardless of the decade - There are still a shitload of gay/bisexual men who are married today that cheat on their wives and have homosexual sex. To some extent (although I realize it's absolutely not the intention of these films) 'Brokeback Mountain' and 'Wilde' justify this behavoir. When I watched both films, I felt immensely sorry for the wives/ children and felt very little for the men personally.

I think Brokeback Mountain SHOULD be for everyone.

I disagree.

But you'd be bothered if he told you in person, right?.

Uncomfortable is the word I would use. Shit, I'm uncomfortable when he does it online, but here I'm not forced to react immediately like I would be in person and have time to laugh it off before I reply. "Bothered" sounds a little too much like I'd react strongly in a hostile manner, whereas I'd probably just be embarrassed.

Back on topic now guys....if anybody wants to make a thread about movies that depict gay relationships in all its permutations and our feelings about them go ahead and lets chat about it there, okay?

I just borrowed the bluray of this from my officemate, and Im about to watch it in a couple of hours. How nice to see this thread bumped .:)

^blue ray on this film is fantastic. it maintains the imax aspect ratio of those few scenes.

^Bluray was indeed fantastic.
It was great. I love the way the Joker licks his lips and those little details.
Dark dark dark. I liked it a lot, but I didnt really love love it. I found myself rolling my eyes a bit whenever Batman's raspy voice came out.

Last edited:
Boo! I seen this film with my girlfriend and she loved it. I, however, wanted to see "Wall-E", as it seemed like a fantastic adventure, and more importantly, largely omitted human beings. "Dark Knight" had many human beings in it, which discouraged me and I thought that was the movies biggest flaw.

i never fully watched it..fell asleep during the 2x i attempted to...so my view is its mad overated

^Bluray was indeed fantastic.
It was great. I love the way the Joker licks his lips and those little details.
Dark dark dark. I liked it a lot, but I didnt really love love it. I found myself rolling my eyes a bit whenever Batman's raspy voice came out.

ya christian bale sucked.

I loved when he throws out the champagne then tries to drink it